Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Phoenix Sentry Mini-Game Contest - Winter 2007

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 20:28
Please ! Don't close this contest

Just click to show the ShowCase
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 00:58
I think this is a good idea... Poll it is. What do you think DF?

Click here to see my showcase.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 01:36
Quote: "...I'm about 10 seconds away from shutting this contest down completely because of the handful of whiny people out there who only care about themselves."

...I don't blame you one bit, DarkFact. I'm still in your corner, Bud. Do as you see fit.

If this contest does reach fruition, I'm still eager to help judge.

Been out of touch with you. I hope all is going well with you and yours.

Thanks,

Seth Black

Own It, Or Get Owned...
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 03:32
Quote: "I'm keeping this contest alive for the people that have worked hard and appreciate it. ~DF"

Yes, please don't shut it, down. I might not enter but im eager to see who wins it, it wouldn't bother me if you kept it going for a few extra months either.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@Seth Black: Hey man, haven't heard from you in a while. You've always been supportive. Thanks dude.

@All: I'm not canceling the contest as yet. There are a few hard working and appreciative people left here still. It's for those people that this contest will continue.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 07:14 Edited at: 24th Nov 2007 07:22
Quote: "BTW, due to said rule, I am hearby dropping out of the competition. Perhaps my "entry" will one day reach "playability" status."

Listen up, sport. Your entry will reach "playable status" when you can compile the game normally. I am not going to ask 10 judges to play your game in Test Mode after reverting back to V1 of FPSC.

If you're pissed at FPSC because your modded engine has bugs, then take it out on TGC.

I already told you in email that I will not bend the rules just for you. Your game doesn't work because you decided to use a modified version of the game executable. It didn't work. You took a risk and failed. Be mad at you.

EDIT: 8 Seconds closer to shutdown. . .

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 07:33 Edited at: 24th Nov 2007 07:33
Dang, two seconds...

Everyone, stop complaining that your FPSC is being stupid, etc. I am totally sure that that is user error, anyways. So don't come crying to DarkFact.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 07:46 Edited at: 24th Nov 2007 07:46
Holy cow! It shouldn't even have to be a rule! Your entering a contest to make a GAME with FPSC. Not beta test a demo of maybe a game. Come on people use common sense.

Man I wonder if this will last the week. I doesn't seem so...
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 12:05
Please, don't complain about the prizes. Be thankful for what you are getting and don't be so ungrateful.

@df: Good call on keeping it open. I know a lot of people have put some serious effort into this.

[center]
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 12:29
i agree, you shouldn't whine about the 50 quid and PS Custom Edition, as long as you work hard and get your entry in on time, and dont feel bad if you lose. At least you would have had some fun!

DarkFact, im back up to speed, im starting lvl 1 again, with custom texturing from my DV Camera, and im using custom sounds too. Im lucky the system restore didnt wipe FPSC!

Im a new user, im young and FPI-dyslexic, i simply dont have the foggiest and cant learn FPI, so copy and paste code snippets please!
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 21:30
I also concur with Dark Fact. Alot of people have been moaning about how the prizes are 'messed up'. Well let me tell you, if someone offered me a Graphics card of my choice (including the 8 series), A Commercial contract, PGP pro edition, AND 2 copys of high quality add-ons for FPSC, i would be over the moon!!. All the above are probably close to $500, if not more, then to ask for a $100 more as a prize etc is just plain greedy. You should be greatfull that DarkFact is even offering this contest to you guys, WITH all those prizes. He could of just offered $10 as a prize, but he didn't, and you should be greatfull for that!!

@DarkFact: Don't let them get you down mate. Some people just can't see generousity. I hope your relocation to europe went well.

CoZ

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 00:44
I'm sorry but I'm dropping out... You can see why I'm dropping out in my showcase... Good luck in the contest guys... But I'm dropping out...

Click here to see my showcase.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 12:33
Quote: "Quote: "BTW, due to said rule, I am hearby dropping out of the competition. Perhaps my "entry" will one day reach "playability" status."

Listen up, sport. Your entry will reach "playable status" when you can compile the game normally. I am not going to ask 10 judges to play your game in Test Mode after reverting back to V1 of FPSC.

If you're pissed at FPSC because your modded engine has bugs, then take it out on TGC.

I already told you in email that I will not bend the rules just for you. Your game doesn't work because you decided to use a modified version of the game executable. It didn't work. You took a risk and failed. Be mad at you.
"

I agree with DF, In wich stores are you able to buy non finished games that you need to own the game engine just to play?

BTW, DarkFact, do you know when you will tell us were to upload our game, I will be away next weekend and dont want to miss this.
(Dont be 7 seconds away to close the competition for this)

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2007 18:01 Edited at: 26th Nov 2007 18:02
Submissions:

You may start submitting your entries now.

Instructions:

Zip or Rar your game folder. In the zip, make a "entrant.txt" with the following info:

Name
Game Title
Link to your Game's Forum thread
Make game available after winner announced? Yes or No

If you used custom media that you didn't create, include a copy of the license(s) in the zip.

Upload your entry to one of the many free file sharing services like yousendit.com. Once uploaded, email me the link to the file. Your "entry" will be the email notification I get. I must get this email no later than 0001 Hrs EST (Midnight) 30 Nov 2007. The file must be ready for download immediately after I receive the email.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2007 19:09
I will send you a link tomorrow.
And I didnt call the .txt for entrant.txt icalled it "PGPS Read Me" if its OK.
And its uploaded to Filefront, if that doesnt work for you just tell me.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Nov 2007 19:25 Edited at: 26th Nov 2007 19:27
BIG Viking Games,

Why don't you rename the file to what he asked for and put it back up again. I figure he asked for the particular file name so he could find it fast in each submission, or would you rather that he have to guess what it is and search everybodys submissions until he finds the right one. Perhaps he will just ignore your entry for not following the rules. It really was a simple request, don't you think.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
He probably had it uploaded before Darkfact made the request, but I agree just reupload it its wont hurt. I sincerely apologize but I have been left with no choice but to drop out I have still got to put together the design and media components for my second level and have run out of time. My girlfriend has been very ill the last 2 weeks and I have been spending most my time looking after her, sorry I wasn’t able to pull through this time but good luck to everyone.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 16:11
Ok xploys, I changed the name of the textfile to entrant.txt, but now I have to upload it again so you have to wait even longer DarkFact before you can play it

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 16:28
BVG, I'm sure he'll appreciate that. If he gets a large number of entrants, it will be difficult enough without tring to find the required files.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 16:45
Email sent to DF.

[Off topic] Is my sign to big? [/Off topic]

Please make you sig smaller.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 16:48
Yes, your sig was way too big; it made everyone scroll over to see some posts.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 18:35
I think you should post the information about sending you the link and everything on the first post so people wont miss it.
And I realised I sent you the version with some typos in the loadingscreens but I dont think it will do that much.

To KeithC:
Is this size better?

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 19:30
That's much better, thankyou.

Styloo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 19:43
Can I make a Installer ? ( and I rar it ? )

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Can I make a Installer ? ( and I rar it ? )"

No, sorry. Why do you need one though?

Styloo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 19:54 Edited at: 27th Nov 2007 19:57
To make the game compress when it is not----> 400Mb, when there are compressing, it is 250MB

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 20:14
I recommend www.filefront.com for hosting your games.

Professional, afforable, what more could you want?
Get your FREE Standard Edition Today!
Styloo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 20:16
I don't have the right to use installer for compress my game ?

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
The rules have stated from day one: non-packaged, zipped or rarred. Why is this suddenly an issue?

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
To:
FastBurst
crispex
Underside
DieRider
Seth Black
creator of zombies
KeithC
Incense
Woolfman:

Jugding score sheets and information has been sent to your email address I have in my address book. Please let me know asap if you are still participating. ~DF

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 21:11 Edited at: 27th Nov 2007 21:50
Yep Nice scoring sheet. Very easy and quick to fill out.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 00:28
When we upload ours, can you please post whose games you've recieved (so we know if you got our game, and so we know who else actually entered theirs)?

TechNo VaLLey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 11:41
Nice request Inspire

Another question .. I guess we can upload the game to our private server instead of public free hosting servers too

Mr. Techno

Mr. Techno
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 13:14 Edited at: 28th Nov 2007 13:15
Quote: "When we upload ours, can you please post whose games you've recieved (so we know if you got our game, and so we know who else actually entered theirs)?"

I will reply to your submission email when I get it so you know I got it. I can post a running list of entries received, but I may or may not update it to the letter because of time constraints and other obligations. Also, if someone didn't make a thread, then they may not want their entry public and I will have to respect that. They probably won't win, but I'll respect their privacy.

Quote: "Another question .. I guess we can upload the game to our private server instead of public free hosting servers too "

Of course, just send me the link.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 19:02
I have talked to the swedish PC Gamer and it sounds like they want to have my entry on their CD
It was ok to do whatever we wanted to with these after the competition?

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 19:09 Edited at: 28th Nov 2007 19:11
Lol yeah man you can, it's your game your just entering it for the contest.

I'm emailing Darkfact to see if i can have the list up for you guys. So that you can know who you are up against. I will say this, I've reviewed 3 so far.
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 00:58 Edited at: 30th Nov 2007 09:07
Here is the list so far.

- Era_Blaze_M.I.A
- Lost_Treasures
- The_Mystery_of_Actroz
- StarGate : The Last Defense Line (fixed for ya)

Countdown : 21 Hours Left.
protoborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 13:15
My question is about the deadline. Is the deadline 12:00AM on Friday morning or 12:00AM Saturday morning. In other words, is the deadline 11:5959+1)PM Thursday or 11:5959+1)PM Friday? That is an important distinction.

You know your code sucks when it does what you want before you know what you want.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
The deadline is 2400 EST, 30 Nov 2007. That's midnight Friday night (US EST).

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 15:37
Just to reiterate; although I can't help with the judging (got busy pretty fast), I am going to be keeping an eye on the results for the BOTB.

-Keith

FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 17:42
I'm out of the copetetion.
Cause of school and getting sick i did not have enough time to work on the game, i finished the 1st cutscene and became sick and after that large amount of test's came from my school.

i'm the M king.
Styloo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 20:56
Quote: "Here is the list so far.

- Era_Blaze_M.I.A
- Lost_Treasures
- StarGate
- The_Mystery_of_Actroz"

Sorry woolfman, but my game name is StarGate : The Last Defense Line, no just "StarGate"

Best Regards,
Styloo

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
We're not using the full game names internally. StarGate is enough for us to sort it out. ~DF

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 21:56
Is putting in music from other games allowed? Because ive got some great music from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Justice For All, can i use them? Assuming the game isnt sold with the music in it

Im a new user, im young and FPI-dyslexic, i simply dont have the foggiest and cant learn FPI, so copy and paste code snippets please!
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 22:00
30 Nov 12:00am? Thats impossible! im still rushing to finish another level of my entry!

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 22:02 Edited at: 29th Nov 2007 22:08
UPDATED:
Contest Start Date: 8/SEP/07
Submission deadline: 30/NOV/07 @ 2359 Hrs EST
Finalists announced: 7/DEC/07
Winner(s) announced: 15/DEC/07

The following are judges:
DarkFact
FastBurst
Underside
DieRider
Seth Black
creator of zombies
Woolfman

piXX3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 22:11
Right, OK... I'm slightly confused. Sorry DarkFact, I know you try so hard...

I'm in England, GMT. Does that mean that, for me, my entry has to be in by 5AM December 1st, or 7PM November 30th? That is, I'm guessing there's 5 hours time difference between EST and GMT... unless it's 4. I'm not sure.

Any help? Ta very much.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
London, England is 5 hours ahead of EST. So your deadline is 0459 GMT 1 Dec 07.

piXX3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 22:16
Perfect, thanks so much DarkFact.
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 22:17
Oh, so its 1 minute before 7PM November 30th GMT? Thanks a lot DarkFact

P.S: Is music from other games allowed?

Quote: "Is putting in music from other games allowed? Because ive got some great music from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Justice For All, can i use them? Assuming the game isnt sold with the music in it"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 11:26:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 11:26:13