Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 21:01
Mmm kay, how do I change it to legacy? That's a V1.09 function, isn't it?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 21:08
To use the old lightmapper, put this into your setup.ini file:
lightmapold=1

Although, you said that it saved them but crashed at initializing the player, huh? Then it sounds like it may not be the lightmapper at all... have you tried building that level without lightmapping to see if it still crashes?

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 21:54
Yeh, and it doesn't.....

I set lightmap quality to 50, instead of 75, and it compiled again....

158 textures to lightmap, it fails at Initialising Physics (?)...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 21:58
Okay, so it crashes when you change the threadmax to -2, and it crashes if you use the old lightmapper, and it DOESN'T crash if you have NO lightmaps?

Does it crash with quick lightmaps?

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 22:10 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2008 22:11
@Plystire

about the HUD problem, that was another bug I pointed out in a previous post. Invincibility, ring any bells?

Apparently, the health bar script posed unlimited health at all times, it would not go down, even jumping off the level caused the "I am god, I will not die, just making annoying repeated noises whilst falling indefinitely" bug.

Off topic here I know, but Meteorite you have teh Mirrors Edge? Teh pwnage game!!! I is so jealous!!!

(coughs) Yeah, so the bug was pretty serious.

EDIT: Just snowed here in Scotland today! I'm dreading it, I hate the cold

Making the challenge? More like kicking teh nass!
Seen Endangered City yet? It wont last long!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 22:14
Hmm, set the LightThread Max to -2, I had it on Quick already, and the res is 512^2....

No shaders, now it just sits saying "Creating Lightmaps", after about 3 minutes, happily compiles, then fails at Initialising Physics....

I'll try it with the legacy mapper now...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 22:27
Okey doke. Quick Lightmapping, with 512^2 textures, using the legacy system...

It compiled perfectly, the lighting is ugly as sin, but it compiled....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 23:19
Okay, if the legacy system worked... then something's up with DarkLIGHTs not enjoying your lightmaps.

Are you positive it starts doing this at 200 textures and not before? (Also, does it do this with an official version of FPSC? V1.07? V1.13?)

@YFPSD:

That "bug" was from your script, not the engine. I told you that a long time ago!

Your armor script was set up wrong and was giving the player health at a constant rate, preventing death and providing immortality.

Do it without the armor portion of the script and I bet you it will work just fine.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 23:40
yes I have mirror's edge, I beat it 3 days after I got it on release day, and I'm almost done on hard (2nd to last level) already got achievment for not shooting anyone

Ghorrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire I read the readme file but beat3 wont work plz help! So I added the new FPSC-Game file, changed the old one's name, and ran FPSC. In the exact middle of test-game loading, it froze and had to close. The message said that FPSC-Game had stopped working. Is there something I did wrong?

Lol you must feel dumb reading this.
Ghorrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire the mod freezes and has to close program in the middle of loading test game. I changed the old FPSC-Game to FPSC-Game2 and ran game. Thats what happened. Did I do something wrong? I read the readme file.

Smokes Quantity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 01:02
I have yet to read through this multi paged thread, but my game crashes when I load up this mod. I'm using the last update, is this the problem?

And on this day we need to make a decision, are we going to follow the blind or the people with vision? Legalize the things you believe in.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 04:33 Edited at: 24th Nov 2008 05:19
Quote: "Plystire I read the readme file but beat3 wont work plz help! So I added the new FPSC-Game file, changed the old one's name, and ran FPSC. In the exact middle of test-game loading, it froze and had to close. The message said that FPSC-Game had stopped working. Is there something I did wrong?
"

You need 1.07/1.08/1.09 not above

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 05:11
Quote: "I'm using the last update, is this the problem?"

Yes, read the ReadMe if you don't want to read 27 pages of the thread.

Perhaps I should add a note near the downloads for this...

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 13:37
it would probably decrease the "plz help it doesn't work!" posts in this thread.

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 15:01
Where do I download Ply's mod? It only has the link to download the airmod not ply's mod!

The nVidia FX 5200 graphics card sucks!
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 21:22
@meteorite

I've played the demo, owned it on Medium in 3 minutes, but I really want the full version! Sadly I need to wait for Christmas!

@Plystire

Really? Ouch... That hit me quite a mile back. Taking out the armor part...? I'll try to see what I can do, but i'll probably come back with a "How do I do this?
"

Hmm... BTW if the HUD works, next thing will be to start my project!

Making the challenge? More like kicking teh nass!
Seen Endangered City yet? It wont last long!
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 22:49
Yeah, but the prolouge is nothin compared to some of the stuff you can do, now that I can shoot I've slid on the ground, grabbed a machine gun and shot a guy in the chest a good 7 times killing him...
[/off topic] (sorry ply)

Ghorrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for my noobishness (again, lol) but the spybot script you posted on the first page doesnt work. Its probably something I did wrong, so I'll tell what I did. I made an fpe file, pasted the code, then tested it by making that script the main script for an unarmed AI. Nothing happened. Please tell me the error of my ways.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 02:48 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 02:50
If you did a direct copy, make sure you add in the blackslashes to the file path for the HUD.

After that, it should just be a matter of pressing "ENTER" when near the entity.

If that's not working, please give a detailed description of what it's doing.

Also, note that in the script I am hiding the on-screen HUDs... this requires that you provide those HUDs with the names I gave them shown in the script. Of course, that isn't required for the script to work, it will just prevent them from being hidden.

Here's a tip for you when trying to debug scripts in Ply's Mod:
- Use the "printstr" command to show a string of text onto the screen when in a certain state. This will tell you that the script reached that state and is currently in it.
- Use the "printvar" command to show a variable on screen allowing you to see what value is currently in that variable. This can be helpful if you are unsure if the script is using the right values or not.

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 02:50
1. has to be a .fpi file not .fpe

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 02:51
Ah yes, good catch Dar13, I didn't notice that.

He's right, it needs to be a .fpi file as well.

The one and only,

Ghorrock
Years of Service
User Offline
ohhhh thanks.

What if I told you that everything you know is a lie? That you are just part of a computer program? Eat the red pellet to go further into the rabbit hole.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 03:12
your welcome

Ghorrock
Years of Service
User Offline
pretty awesome Ive been messing with the botcam for a few hours. My next step would be to make it so the bot can use its weapon. How would I do this?

What if I told you that everything you know is a lie? That you are just part of a computer program? Eat the red pellet to go further into the rabbit hole.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 09:28
Mmmmm.... may want to ask meteorite about that, as I don't really want to re-explain it all.

He's worked on doing that, though I'm not sure how far along he got.

Simple answer is:
- Give you bot a weapon
- In the script, check for a mouse click then just use "useweapon"

Make the bot's viewcone property something like... 2, otherwise it'll shoot in a VERY wide angle.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 12:16
Ugh, I still havent started writing the new script, so lazy lol, maybe after school, cuz i got wednesday-friday off, oh yes!

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 17:04
im off right now meteorite. i'm gonna try this out.

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 17:08 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 17:15
Coolio, I'm gonna try that too. The bot script is still on the first page I take it?

[EDIT]
Ply, maybe add commands like

So we can have the bot dual wield if we set up animations..

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:56
@Crusader:

There's no point in making the bot use a left weapon when there is no way to GIVE him a left weapon.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 21:00
yarp, that's correct, glad im no the only person trying 3rd person... I'l tell you what Ply told me because I'm probly gonna be to lazy to do it myself.... bind the entity to camera 0, and when you shoot use settargetreticule, but before you do that unbind him, move him far to the side, the settargetreticle, then rebind. Otherwise it will target him.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 21:12
@meteorite:

You know... instead of moving the entity aside, why not set him up with "nobulletcol"?

The one and only,

Ghorrock
Years of Service
User Offline
im bad at scripting... I really have no idea what ur talking about lol. Could you please post an edit of the third person camera script with the shooting stuff? I would greatly appreciate it.

Ghorrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Apologies for my double post but I also have another question. When I apply the humvee script to the FPSC hidden humvee and drive it, it simply flys up. Why is this?

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 06:35 Edited at: 26th Nov 2008 06:38
How can you change the decal explosion(see the attachment) to a different one using decal override, heres the modified gunspec, it has decal overide but it doest work, the explosion in the screen is default.;law weapon spec

The v2 migration will be SWEET!
Our little FPSC is finally growing up.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I identified that error a couple of pages back, it's in all of the mods, so it can't be fixed until Lee gives out some better source code....."

Sorry, didn't read all of the posts.

Quote: "There is a problem with Fog, but the way you used it is the main problem. When you use the "FOG=X" command, the "X" is setting how far away from the camera the fog will be, so in your snippet, you set the fog to be 1 unit in front of the camera... which would blot out everything. Try giving it something like 400 or so."

Many thanks, I've only just returned to the board so have only just read this. I was under the impression that fog was simply on or off, I didn't realise it was a distance based command. You learn something every day.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 15:00
Ply I made this script:

and i realized that when the player released the "C" key his accuracy multiplier would still be 1.5. Is there an existing way to fix this or can you add a new condition scancodekeynotpressed=X?

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 18:25
Dar13, you could do this:

Not tested, but should work.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 18:35
thanks Airslide you the best!

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 21:28
keypressed=46 0

try that

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2008 03:10
meteorite i didn't know that was a condition. i looked in the ReadMe and it's not there what exactly does it do?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2008 03:38
It's not in the readme? Ply should fix that, and update the readme version (it still says alpha 2)

its pretty much a better version of scancodekeypressed used to detect multiple keystrokes, used like such:

keypress=x y

x value meaning the key and y being either 1 or zero, 1 meaning pressed 0 meaning not so much

That about coversit, any notes ply?

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2008 03:56
thanks meteorite i actually needed that for a script im making right now(im attempting to make a 3d chess game and failing quite badly).

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2008 14:56
no prob, ply already explained it earlier in the thread (like 1st or second page probly) so it was easy to re explain

Ghorrock
Years of Service
User Offline
nobody answered my questions yet...

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2008 02:04
well simply flying up with the humvee has been covered somewhere before, and also, I dont have the 3rd person script done yet

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2008 03:31
I've encountered a problem with the alttexture command and textures in general. I'm making a 3d chess game(as said earlier before) and one of the scripts i made makes it so a hud pops up asking you to select a chess piece. when you(the player) finalizes the selection the script activates the piece making it's script run.However when the game loads the textures on the chess pieces disappear making them black(texture is white) and the alternate texture is yellow and when that script is run the alternate texture doesn't even show. Here are the scripts;
the huds and activating script

and the alttexture script assigned to the entities activated by the above script

Are my scripts wrong? or is it the engine?

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2008 08:05
Ply, you should think about getting dynamic collision for dynamic entities in there. That would open loads of doors!

[center][center]
Win XP - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2008 09:19
Quote: "Ply, you should think about getting dynamic collision for dynamic entities in there."

That's apparently hard coded, and is also why the vehicles don't collide well with segments....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 11:23:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 11:23:17