Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 03:02
WALKTHROUGH, YAY!
1. Click the Beta 1 button(for now)
2. Click save, navigate to where you want it saved
3. Wait for the download to finish
4. Open it with a RAR extractor
5. BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FPSC-Game.exe
6. Copy the FPSC-Game.exe to your FPSC folder and replace the old one.
7. Setup weapons etc.
8. HAVE FUN!

If that didn't work, I doon't know what to tell you. Try using Free RAR Extractor Frog; it works for me.

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 05:27
Quote: "Ammo Hud: Numbers were too big
Sound: When dual wielding, sounds weren't in stereo and were louder when the left handed gun was fired, but were still too quiet."

I found that bug about the numbers also... but I have no idea what did it. If you rewatch the latest video, when I swap weapons to the black glove (near the end), there's a HUGE lag spike and when the game picks back up, the level number in the top center has suddenly grown big! That made no sense at all to me... but I have been looking into it.

Not sure what to say about the sound... I'll check in the source and see if they were using 3d sounds or not. If they are then that may explain it.

Quote: "New Problem: Ammo is not consolidated between weapon pickups; ex. When I pick up Errant AI's pistol twice, each gun has 7 shots. It doesn't add the ammo in the other gun to the ammo in the first gun though, so I end up with 2 guns with 7 shots each. Not sure if this is an error or not, just be aware."

How is this a problem? You get 7 bullets for picking up the gun and 7 more for picking up the other gun.

What happens when you unequip one hand and then use all of the bullets in the other hand?

@matty47:

If you were downloading Beta 2, then go download Beta and use that instead... otherwise, I'd just recommend re-downloading and seeing if that fixes your problem.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 09:16
I had some issues, next to no scripts of mine worked, I thought it was me lol......

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 20:15 Edited at: 10th Nov 2008 20:15
To all those who want to kill the person responsible for finding out the corruption, it was me
I tried repeatedly to get the Health HUD script working, when it did finally show the HUD, I found out I could never die from falling off the level. It also posed me as invincible whenever the script was activated. I removed the script, and suddenly I couldn't shoot bad guys, like Plystire described:

Quote: "all the bullets went straight through the enemy.... "

Sorry to all those who might be angry at me for producing a bug report... It seemed to work fine before I started using it.

So instructions to remove the Beta2Corrupted.DBPError? Disease, do the following:

1. You may encounter symptoms of:
Useless Gun
Invincible baddies
Useless Fists
Dodgy zoom HUD
Invincibility when you activate a Healthbar script.
Gun sounds which cut out halfway through
And others

2. This is a Jinx variant of the disease, brought on by one YFPSD.
3. Downgrade to Plys Mod Beta 1, stay within the medication of 1.07-1.09 update.
4. Restrict access of one YFPSD to the Mod to ensure he doesn't pass on the Jinxed disease.

Follow these steps, and you'll be
Quote: "consolidated"

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 23:42
When I use all the bulletts on one gun, it doesn't let me reload with the bulletts from the other gun.

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
xsygx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 01:04
Merged!? Are you freaking serious!? That's mind-blowing!

I think... I feel a tear. Excuse me. I think I'll watch the 'Who's the Boss?' intro to keep my happiness level from reaching a dangerously high level.

Truly amazing. I cannot be more satisfied with it.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 05:55 Edited at: 11th Nov 2008 07:57
Speaking of Airmod, of been modifying stock gunspecs for Ironsights w/o ironsights animations, it looks quite nice. It also has many other features which I use such as recoil, gunlag, accuracy, yada yada, when possible, I will release a vid

-edit-

said source instead of stock, oops

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 06:03
Hey Ply, my 'version' shoots straight through enemies also

[url=
"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 08:06
@Rampage:

Which "version" was the last one you got? Beta 2?

If it was, give me some to fix stuff and in the mean time use the Beta version.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 08:58
Um yes, I think it was beta 2. Yeah it was, had those performance problems remember, then Beta 2 fixed it. And yeah sure thing.

[url=
"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 09:19 Edited at: 11th Nov 2008 09:42
Compiling video now, will upload to youtube if possible, otherwise here. The video shows off the command and colt45 w/ hands, but I also have the python done

-edit-

Just waiting for youtube to process... link:

HERE

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 10:11
Quote: "YAY! Ply got his comp fixed and it didn't explode!"

Lol, if i was you i would of threw the thing out of the Freaking window i dont have that type of patience.

Xtinction Coming Soon.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 10:17
Well, when you put that kind of money into a piece of hardware, you tend to care about it's outcome.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 10:20
Go to bed dude, seriously, must be like 5 in the morning over there, I'm tired. Ha, I love days off!

[url=
Monoxide_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 14:28
may be off the subject now but,
I had the same problems YFPSD wrote, I think i posted about it, but anyways I completely un-installed everything and re-installed beta2 and its all good EXCEPT i get a strange white box from some weapons when fired. not all though so i have been trying to figure out what thats all about.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 15:56 Edited at: 11th Nov 2008 15:57
I went to bed at 4, maybe 10 min after editing that message so punk probly posted at...7:11 his time?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 20:47
Oh yeh, one more thing....

Since Alpha 1, whenever I die unarmed, a small, white square appears in the dead center of the screen....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 21:01
O yea I noticed that too

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 23:15
Thanks, CG. That may be something to do with the code behind handling the crosshair for dual-wielding. That white square appears when FPSC is trying to display a crosshair, but has no image to use. I'll take a look at it after I can get a decent compile out of DBP.

The one and only,

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
This is still being developed right ?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 06:28
Of course it is!

I'm just needing to get DBP set back up to a point of being able to compile FPSC properly.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 07:05
Vista + DarkBASIC Pro =
Try the latest beta Ply, if not already.

[url=
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 07:48
I was on Vista before when developing this, so it's not the OS.

I'll try the latest update to DBP if nothing else.

The one and only,

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the problem with it?

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 14:28
Hey meteorite, will you be releasing your Arimod pimped up guns? I need some more for my game because I want it to actually have hands that work like Errant AI's weapons(SICK!). Just wondering, because I don't have the skillz to do that yet.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 20:56
Yea, once I figure out if its legal lol

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 21:16 Edited at: 12th Nov 2008 21:51
Cool! Can you give me some info about some of the guns? Will they have seperate dual wielding animations and iron sights?

Ply, just got an idea! is there already a command to have the player drop a weapon? I couldn't find the scripting part of the guide. If there isn't one, I would suggest making one, because it ould enable us to have only 2 guns but being able to switch them out.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 22:03
@Maniac:

Many things, unfortunately.

Read previous posts and you'll see.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 12:32
Well Crusader, no dual weilding animations, but there is ironsights, if you watch the youtube vid... dual weilding would have required me to re animate, something I cant do

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 19:55
Quote: "Ply, just got an idea! is there already a command to have the player drop a weapon? I couldn't find the scripting part of the guide. If there isn't one, I would suggest making one, because it ould enable us to have only 2 guns but being able to switch them out."

Missed this one somehow.

Dropping a weapon has been covered before. Making it in such a way that allows you to drop any weapon at any time (not at all possible with any version of FPSC) would require quite a bit of coding.... and it may not be as dynamic as one would think.

If a modder is reading this and would like to give it a go, here are my thoughts on getting it done:
- Make a "DropWeapon" command
- This command will call up a routine to create a new dynamic entity based on the weapon to be dropped (perhaps using the VWEAP model of that weap)
- This new entity will use "weapon.fpi", a script that will be located in the "languagebank\<language>\gamebank\mygame" folder.
- It should also be given a destroy script.
- Activate this entity with ODE physics... that should counteract any problems with positioning the gun.

Naturally, the hardest part about this would be the "create a new dynamic entity" part.

Anyway, yeah... there it is, if anyone wants to go do it themselves before I find the time and initiative to do it.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 00:04
Thanks Ply, that would be really useful if you wanted to be able to switch out weapons. Since you can limit weapons with your mod, I think it would be a nice addition.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 01:06
Sorry for jackin the thread Ply

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 20:25
Hmmmm....

I had a slightly better idea for hot swapping....

You'll require a pickup script for each weapon, plus a variable in the setuplevel.fpi file, and each amount on the variable will define a certain weapon. It's still very hypothetical...

When the player picks up a weapon, it sets the variable to the one for the weapon picked up, and the weapon entity put in a certain part of the level. The entity is warped to the player, offsetted a little bit, then left for ODE to control.....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2008 00:14
Cool idea! I'll test out later.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 11:27 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2008 03:17
!!! RELEASE TIME !!!

Here it is! "Beta 3"

Okay, Beta 2 was a flop, I'll admit.

It turns out that it wasn't my setup of DBP at all, but I had put in some rather dicey code during the Beta 2 development. I hadn't noticed it before because most all of the characters I had been testing with (Bond1's fantasy characters) had inadvertently been avoiding this bug!!

Someone had mentioned a while back that it would be nice to have the ability to shoot THROUGH entities, and in my own special way, I allowed that to happen through the "COLOFF" command. It was at this point the bug was introduced...

I have removed the offending code and replaced it with another nice little feature!

Introducing: "BULLETPASS"

With this command, you'll be able to allow bulletfire to pass through an entity while still retaining it's collision with the player! (I smell invisible walls approaching! )

@coffee grunt:

I was unable to replicate your bug. If it is still present in the new download, do you think it'd be possible to produce a simple, stock-media-only level that gives you the bug and hand it off to me for debugging?

The new download is attached to this post, and the new download will be added to the first post very soon!

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 11:30
Lol! Bond's chacters are immune to programming errors. That's pretty nifty.....

Downloaded, I'll test in a mo and see if I can get that bug....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 11:36
Thanks, CG!

Remember, everyone, if you find a bug, please for the love of God LET ME KNOW!!! It'll not only help me to make the Mod better, but it will get the bug out of YOUR way much faster.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 11:53
Oh yeh, I can't seem to get my weapon swap system to work.....

Basically, what it's meant to do is when the player is near it, it shows a HUD. If the player presses enter, it checks wht weapon the player has, replaces that weapon with itself, calls up a variable that will be checked by the relavent weapon entity, which appears near the player as though they dropped it, then the orignal entity disappears.....

Sadly, it shows the HUD, but absolutely nothing else happens when I press enter. No weapon replacement, no dissappearing, no entity movement, nothing....

The weaponswap variable is definitely in my setuplevel.fpi file, so I dunno what's up here.....

Here's an example script:

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 12:25
I see, so you're wanting to use the "replaceweap" command to take over for getting weapons... and just hotswapping the entities themselves?

Interesting, though I'd have to sit down with it to see what's going wrong.

If you could send me a stripped down version of it, I'll try to find some time to give it a look over.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 14:22
Ok. I've attached a rar with some of the scripts....

You'll need to define the weaponswap variable in your Setuplevel.fpi file. Basically, each weapon has a specific number on the weaponswap variable. This is used to tell which weapon entity to move to the player's position......

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 19:02 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 19:22
So, does it actually work?

EDIT: Wow, forgot to download...

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 19:35
Ply, have huge ammo huds again.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:03
@Crusader:

I'll take a look at it. I meant to do that before re-releasing but it completely slipped my mind.

@CG:

Thanks, I'll take a look at it sometime.

The one and only,

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:16 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 23:16
Thousandth post.

Bummer we can't use this for the X-mas compo.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 00:15
Quote: "Bummer we can't use this for the X-mas compo."

Good cover.

Yay!!! A thousand posts!!!

Well... 1,001 posts now.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 00:41
Quote: "Thousandth post."

Damn! I wanted.....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 00:47
not to burst your bubble ply, but airmod has scripting action allowing you to shoot through objects soooo..... the effort was pointless

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 01:13
Wow, you're right there IS an action for that. I musta missed that one somehow!

Okay, I removed it for next time. (The one I added, not the AirMod one)

If anyone is experiencing problems with the Mod, please let me know. I want to get all of the bugs out of the way right now. (Yes, Errant, I mean you too!!! You said earlier that you had a list to give me, so where is it?! )

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 03:50
Well, considering all of my not-so-easy-to-make mistakes lately, I think I really need some vaca time tog et away from everything and just clear my head... So, as of TOMORROW, I'm heading to Las Vegas and will be back some time........... whenever. Yeah, lol.

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 10:19

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 09:15:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 09:15:32