Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm thinking of downloading this to use the 3RD person camera thing..and dual weild etc..hmmmm...so I'll need v 1.7 (of FPSC)?

blink 182 is awesome
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2008 15:55
v1.07 or v1.08(some people can run it with v1.09 though)

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 02:00
Hey ply, I was wondering if you're still working on the demo game for this? I've been looking up media for the village level...

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 02:01
why does this thread seem to have died

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 03:59
yeah it has hasn't it meteorite? Ply anyword on that texture problem?

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 15:42
the forum seems to have died a little bit, I see less and less posting every day

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 17:20
Yeh, and it's winter, so it's not as if everyone's outside having fun....like I was lol....

Redsonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Man. I wish I saw this thread before updating FPSCreator to 113...

Damn it all.

Time to ...uh...do something!
Injener
Years of Service
User Offline
Tell me please, when I install your modification, test level and compiled the game starts to stall, as of this remedy?

excuse for ignorance of the language ...
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 23:08
what exactly do you mean by stall?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 23:46
When's ply gonna post lol?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 23:48
i no rite?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 01:43
*AHEM!*

Sorry for the absence, I've been out on Thanksgiving vaca visiting family.

I'll be posting shortly taking it from the top.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 01:57
@Ghorrock:

As is stated in the NOTE on the first post, just below the video links, this Mod is aimed towards scripters... if you cannot script, I highly suggest you learn. I'm sticking with that, so I'm going to tell you to go find some tutorials in the official community guide and start learning. It's really worth the effort.

The humvee problem has been solved a while back. Simply put, there is a line in it that re-positions the player to the humvee's position. Remove it and it should work. I'll leave it up to you to find it, as that would be good practice with scripting.

@GERM:

The explosion decal from FLAK based weapons is not specified in the gunspec. It is specified in the appropriate FLAKSPEC.TXT file for the flak the weapon uses.

So in your case, you'll want to find the flakspec.txt for the "law" weapon.

@Scene Commander:

I'm glad I could be of assistance.

@Dar13:

The multipliers I've added are PERMANENT once set! You'll need to set it to another value if you want a toggle effect.

When using alttextures for entities, I've noticed that they SUDDENLY lose any kind of lightmapping they had and rely completely on dynamic lights and ambient light. Put some dynamic lights near your chess pieces and they should be illuminated.

@Airslide:

Nice snippet! I hadn't thought of doing it that way.

Thanks for popping in and helping out while I was gone.

@meteorite:

Thanks for pointing out that the condition was missing. I'll update it soon.

You misspelled "keypressed" in your description, though. Just thought I'd point that out.

Thanks for helping out, too, while I was away.

@Little Bill:

I would love to, but the collision shapes are part of the ODE system... and until I feel up to delving into the C++ source code of ODE and hoping to God that I have the right header files to compile everything into a properly working DLL..... we may need to wait until Lee gets to that.

@CG:

I am technically still working on the demo game. I just haven't found much motivation in computers recently. Problems from months past have reawakened in my mind with the coming new problems... and it all seems quite pointless at times.

Keep working at it... perhaps with some more material to work with and new things to see, I may find some initiative to keep going.

The thread isn't dying... I was actually surprised to see so many posts in it when I got back, lol!

I have also noticed the FPSC boards becoming less and less of a posting bananza and more and more of a rest home.
Nothing we can do about that but keep posting and going about our own business. People will come and go as always.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 02:04
Quote: "@CG:

I am technically still working on the demo game. I just haven't found much motivation in computers recently. Problems from months past have reawakened in my mind with the coming new problems... and it all seems quite pointless at times.

Keep working at it... perhaps with some more material to work with and new things to see, I may find some initiative to keep going."

I know how you feel mate. It's just a case of opening up FPSC, staring at a half-built map, then not getting anything and closing it lol....

My 360 didn't help with that either, but it got the Red Ring, so I've had little else to do while it's in Germany getting fixed/replaced....

I hope you enjoyed your vacation, you really have earned it...and more....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 03:14
Yikes, that sux CG

@ ply

oops, good catch, seems I wasnt helping out so much

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 03:35
Quote: "I would love to, but the collision shapes are part of the ODE system... and until I feel up to delving into the C++ source code of ODE and hoping to God that I have the right header files to compile everything into a properly working DLL..... we may need to wait until Lee gets to that. "

I usually just lurk around the FPSC boards considering I rarely use FPSC, but I doubt Lee is working on ODE anymore. What kind of things would you actually want to see in ODE? I've been working on the ODE wrapper for a while so I suppose I could take request for new commands if you want to see any

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 06:04
@Slayer93:

I'm not sure, but you'd have to grab the one that Lee used for FPSC. I'm pretty sure he made some minor changes himself to it, so going from that would be best.

There are so many things I'd want to do with it and yet I have no idea where to start.

Send me an email about it and we can chat some more.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 12:43
Do I hear a chance of good collision done?

Injener
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 17:48 Edited at: 1st Dec 2008 22:59
Quote: "what exactly do you mean by stall?"

The game is frozen, for a few seconds because of the occupancy of RAM, without modification, the game is not frozen ...

And yet two questions:
1) Can I make a route from the bullets with this modification?
2) Can I do aim, as in call of duty?
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 23:49
yes you can ADS(aim down sights) with Ply's Mod Injener.No you can't alter the bullets path as they aren't actual bullets.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 23:53
Speaking of aiming down the sights, a very attractive person is releasing free ironsights on request in models and media, and has released a number of ironsights plus more

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=140659&b=24

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 02:50
Quote: "I'm not sure, but you'd have to grab the one that Lee used for FPSC. I'm pretty sure he made some minor changes himself to it, so going from that would be best. "

If you mean the one that came packaged with the extras (along with the FPSC source) than yeah I've been editing that one. No point in recreating what is already there, especially since it is open source.

Quote: "
There are so many things I'd want to do with it and yet I have no idea where to start.

Send me an email about it and we can chat some more.
"

Seems you've spotted my thread but I'll stop hi-jacking your thread about it and we could continue there

Awesome job on your mod though.

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Ply is there any new progress on the mod?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 09:01
@Slayer93:

That's good to know, though I saw in your thread that you removed something Lee had specifically added to it for FPSC... that may or may not need to be added back in, lol.

@Maniac Modeler:

Hmmmm, still wishing I could get bug reports!!

With the compo going, not a lot of testing for the Mod is happening.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 12:14
If it makes you feel better I got one, for some reason when I had a script using the camwithinzone=x, fpsc would crash after clicking ok to start the test game, I dont know the exact error, so I'll try and duplicate the issue, shouldnt be hard... also, anycamwithinzone wasnt working, because I had a cam called snipee walk directly through the zone with nothing happening. I'd post the script I was using, but I edited it to work a different way.

ash grinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 17:10
Hello. This is for Plystire.
In regards to the Mod V1.07, I just cannot seem to get it to work at all.

As far as I know, I have the boxed version of FPSC that was released in 2006, and also have the 1.12 update for it (from the FPSC Site).

I followed your instructions, renamed the FPSC-Game.exe to FPSC-Game_orinal, then used WinAce to extract the contents into my FPS-Creator folder, but when I put some entities into the game and goto test, I get this error message:

"Runtime Error 5104 - Could not create memblock at line 4438."

So, I was wondering if you have any thoughts on why I keep getting this error?
Thanks.

Also before I forget, does the vehicle script just work only for the Hummer, or can it be used for any vehicle (especially ones that I make)??

Thanks again.
AshGrinder
Injener
Years of Service
User Offline
How to use ply's mod together with AIR mod?
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 20:58
Quote: "<<<< INSTALLATION >>>>

1) Before installing, ensure that you have V1.07 - V1.09 of FPSC already installed. Any higher version will cause problems.

2) Change the name of "FPSC-Game.exe" in your "FPS Creator" folder to something different, like "FPSC-Game_original.exe"

3) Extract the contents of the .RAR into your "FPS Creator" folder.

4) Use FPS Creator as you normally would."

Quote: "have the 1.12 update for it "

see any issues?

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 21:04
airmod is already integrated there is no need to "activate" airmod.

Injener
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all, for all, sorry for stupid questions...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 21:59
@meteorite:

Thanks for the small bug report. I'll take a look.

The one and only,

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2008 23:33
Quote: "
That's good to know, though I saw in your thread that you removed something Lee had specifically added to it for FPSC... that may or may not need to be added back in, lol. "

Well I sort of did

I removed some FPSC specific code that didn't let you make any rigid bodies under 7 units, since FPSC's scale is so large a small object may pass through the geom of other objects. I hope it doesn't affect anything, but it may have to be added back in for FPSC, maybe...

Although I tried the ODE dll on an unmodded version of and there are some problems with it. A bit has changed with ODE though so I suppose it is not surprising. Lee used the ODE 0.5 lib and I'm using the 0.10.1 version. And really I also used one Raven updated because it was easier to get working with VC++ 9 Express(Lee used VC++ 6 I believe).

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 00:36 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2008 01:43
Ply i was just wondering...could you use the entity position internal variable as a parameter in a cameraposx,cameraposy and so on?

EDIT: In the readme you said that you can link the internal variables for camera position to user defined cameras. can you do the same with the internal variables for entity position?

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Ply, just a quick question, are you still adding more features to this mod? Or are you just getting the existing features to the best?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
ash grinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 06:28 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2008 06:33
Hello. This is for Plystire.
In regards to the Mod V1.07, I just cannot seem to get it to work at all.

As far as I know, I have the boxed version of FPSC that was released in 2006, and also have the 1.09 update for it (from the FPSC Site). I downgraded from the 1.13 update just so I can see if I can get this to work (I'd like to see it in action for myself).

I followed your instructions, renamed the FPSC-Game.exe to FPSC-Game_original, then used WinAce to extract the contents into my FPS-Creator folder, but when I put some entities into the game and goto test, I get this error message:

"Runtime Error 5104 - Could not create memblock at line 4438."

So, I was wondering if you have any thoughts on why I keep getting this error?
Thanks.

Yeah, ya seemed to blow right by me here in regards to this question, so I was just hoping to get a "dumbed down" answer to my question.

PS: Thanks again. Chow!!!!!!
AshGrinder
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 09:20
@Dar13:

Just like this-

For user defined cameras, you would add "_CameraName" after the internal variable. Example would be: "$CPX_MyCamera"

@Maniac Modeler:

Unless the request is something extraordinary and wouldn't take much time to do (or risk messing a lot of things up), I want to get the current features stable for a full release.

@ash grinder:

It sounds like your downgrade failed. You'll need to uninstall FPSC, reinstall it, then upgrade to V1.09 and install the Mod.

Alternatively, you could rename your FPS Creator folder for a backup and install FPSC again. This will give you two FPS Creator folders, one of which you can use for the Mod and the other you can use for another FPSC.

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 12:41
thanks ply that helped clarify the uses of the internal variables. One thing though...i didn't see the entitypos actions in the readme.

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 22:16
Quote: "My 360 didn't help with that either, but it got the Red Ring, so I've had little else to do while it's in Germany getting fixed/replaced...."

Thats harsh... I hope my Elite doesn't get the RRoD, or have Xbox Live go "keplunk kerBOOM!" ahem...
I noticed a previous post from Dar13 about a 3D Chess Game, it sounds like a really good concept, and probably he should have a go at making an FPI tutorial for a "minigame" like that. Maybe add that into a new revision of the community guide?
I don't know why im not using FPSC lately, probably the fact im trying to beat TTFaF on Expert with a contoller on GH 3, or maybe all the homework im caught up with!

Making the challenge? More like kicking teh nass!
Seen Endangered City yet? It wont last long!
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 22:44 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2008 22:44
I think I would have to have an extreme dislike (hatred) for you if you beat it with a controller... I can hardly beat it on hard w/ the guitar lol, kudos if you do

[/offtopic]

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 01:50
Just pray to god that you got one of the new ones that is immune to the ring, or that you have the Halo 3 Special Edition.

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 12:12
I've got a really old one, an arcade from when it was called the core system lol. I havent had RRoD, but It's starting to have disk reading problems. And the cover for the controller door came off, dont ask me how it happened

Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 19:04
I got the RRoD a while back to...I was playing Oblivion for like 4 hours, and my dog kicked the Xbox over, so it probably overheated making the fixings less sturdy

Free Segment Packs: V1-http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124552&b=24
V2 - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124709&b=24
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 20:16
Lol, I had an Elite, so that's a bummer......

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 20:41
And you know what makes all of this ironic?

I hate the XBox.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 20:45
Lol....

It's a bad console, with good games.....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 20:59
Well then I hate you... lol jk

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 22:24
Yup, CG, I hate the console but it does have some good games. Rocket Races FTW!!!

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 22:27
pffftttt, so many better games, just got done beating mirrors edge on hard, got me some 80 gamer points for that

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 23:09
Anything a console can do, the computer can do better.

My philosophy in a nutshell.

The PC has left the consoles in the dust. It's actually been a long time since the consoles were so much more powerful than the PC. Things have changed and I'm glad they did.

Xbox and PS thoroughly pissed me off in their latest console release. Nothing new... at all. It was the same ol' crap different day. "Get better graphics! SHIP IT!!" And then when the Wii came out.. Sony made a last ditch effort to do something "unique" with their controller. The controllers are the same. Wireless or not, the application and usage of the controller remained untouched. Hardware of the console changed, and for what?? Online play, better processing power, better graphical output, and ALL of which are logical steps that had to be taken.

They made me about as mad as the new cars that come out every blessed year. THEY ARE NOT NEW!!! They are the SAME car, with a different shell slapped on! We have had the SAME engine design since I was BORN, PEOPLE! Get it together!!! We are NOT making progress with this type of thinking!

GRRR!!!

So, anyway, with that out of my system... any more bug reports?

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 11:21:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 11:21:50