Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 23:34
no, but I made sexy avatar

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 00:08
Yeh, I've got issues getting these scripts to work. No matter what I try, they just won't run, well, the HUD one does at least, but only the health bar....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 00:12
Here's a pic of my entity settings for the processing scripts....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 02:27
Alright, here's some things I've noticed in your scripts:

1) "inview" requires the entity to be on screen. So if you walk over the entity and it's out of view (below the camera), it won't return TRUE.

2) "setvar=$PH 100" is invalid use of the command. It will look for a variable named "$PH" and won't alter the internal variable. You'll need to use the command "setplrhealth"

Other than that... make sure your variables are declared somewhere. Just check to make sure you're declaring them properly, especially if they're in the setuplevel.fpi script.

If your Healthbar is working properly, that tells me that the commands and everything is working fine so the only other explanation is that it's not recognizing your variables.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 04:01
I think you should give us the option of setting internal variables

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 04:05
I'll look into it. It'll either require a LOT of code or very little. I'll see what I can do, but I added commands to keep you from needing to do that.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 04:10
true, but full variable control would be nice.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 04:42 Edited at: 5th Dec 2008 04:54
Okay, I added it in. In the next download you'll be able to change internal variables with the variable manipulation commands.

The exceptions are $A, $LA, $RA, $CAX, $CAY, $CAZ, $CPX, $CPY, $CPZ, $MMX, and $MMY. There is no need whatsoever to change these variables. You MAY, however, use the "$CAX" and "$CPX" type internal variables with user defined cameras.
Example:
incvar=$CPX_MyCamera 15 (This will be okay)
incvar=$CPX 15 (This will NOT be okay)

If you want to reposition or reangle the player's camera, you will need to use the "cameraposx" and "cameraangx" type commands coupled with "0" for the player camera. I'm sorry, but repositioning the player is rather tedious and doing it in this fashion may cause more harm than good.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 05:17
@CG:

Looks like your "Zoom" script had a bug in it. Looks like the "SetCamFOV" command wasn't effecting the player's camera.

Try using the AirMod command "CamFOV". The only odd thing about this one is you'll need to constantly set it, otherwise it'll slowly revert back to normal.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 05:32 Edited at: 5th Dec 2008 05:34
!!! PLY'S MOD USER TIP !!!

Requiring the player to look at an object in order to use it

That sure sounds better than just having the player be NEAR an object, right? I mean, how many people open a door that's directly behind them? Or even worse, a door that's not even within the player's reach! (Around the corner comes to mind)

Well, using the "settargetreticle" command, this is possible!

Attach the following script to a triggerzone anywhere in your level:

Now, when you look at ANY dynamic entity and press "USE" (Default is the ENTER key) it will activate that entity with a value of 1.

This may cause some problems if you don't script your entities properly, though. You need to make sure the player is close enough TO activate them. This needs to be done inside the entity's script.

Here's an example of a door that is compatible with this setup:

The same can be done with switches! All you gotta do is make the switch activate it's "IfUsed" target when IT has been activated and the player is close by.

Enjoy!!! And happy scripting!

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 09:18
Hmmmm, it picks up the healthpacks and armour now, but won't do anything with them.....

My variables should be ok, here, look:

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 12:18
Problem w/ that Ply is you havent set up a safety measure in case somebody activates it before being within60 units, so you could activate it rom down the hall and then run at it and it would open

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 21:54
I spy a logic error, CG:

@meteorite:

Ah! Yes, I forgot a line in my door script, simply have it deactivate itself at the end of the script with:

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 22:16
Aww, you're kidding? That was the cause, it's so obvious....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 22:21
Glad I could be of assistance.

I promise you, you'll never make that same mistake again, lol.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 22:33
Lol, everything works great now..except the zoom, but oh well.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 00:12
Yes, the zoom is because I never set up the "SetCamFOV" to work with camera 0.

Use AirMod's "CamFOV" command for it, just remember to constantly set the FOV if you want it to stay there.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 00:22
like this CG

courtesy of bad doggy ply

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 00:32
Yes, except that wouldn't change the player's FOV, lol.

The "CamFOV" command ALTERS the camera FOV by X, it doesn't change it to X. So saying "camfov=0" would do nothing. To change the FOV from 75 to 25, you'd have to say "camfov=-50"

(Thanks for reminding me of that, meteorite. )

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 00:32
Shame, I'll try making the Airmod one jam on demand then....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 00:37
!!! AIRMOD USER TIP !!!

I say "AirMod User Tip" because Ply's Mod is not really required to do this, lol.

Coffeegrunt's Zoom script made me think of this. (Kudos, CG! )

Binoculars

To make a Binocular weapon (Assuming you have it modelled and the animations set up for it)

Give the weapon a range value of 0, so it cannot harm anything.
Set the "noscorch" property to 1, so it won't make bulletholes on the walls.
Setup the weapon to have a zoom. (Simple Zoom would also work great for this, since then the player would actually hold the binoculars up)

Also, make sure the binoculars don't have a "fire" sound.

And that's all there is to it.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 01:47
DANG! Ply, I think you should just make a thread dedicated to your awesomeness with scripting and adding Ply's Mod user tips. Maybe post some of your awesome scripts and give us some tips. Still love the Mod, but I would like to see another timer. It can wait until the next release; it's not very important.

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 02:39
Quote: "I would like to see another timer."

Huh??? What do you need "another" timer for? I've given you entity timers! That means that each script has it's own unique timer to use! Couple that with the global timer and I don't see what you would need another one for.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 03:15
Oh... I didn't know that! Cool!

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 03:36
who was it that thought that my chess game idea was cool? well ive run into some problems with the scripts im running...there is no way(or some way i havent thought of) to restrict the players movement(like the rooks specialized movement) through scripts. so ive hit that roadblock head on and am spilling coolant and gas all over the road...

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 04:41 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 04:42
[yes I know there is a page of posts between this but disregard]

Plystire - Interesting way of handling the "looking at objects to activate them". Does it use pick object in DBP? To do this with AirMod I added the command PickObject. So rather than create a trigger zone script, all you have to do is edit the door script so that in the same line as plrdistwithing you also add pickobject=1. Ta da

EDIT: Of course, yours would keep people from activating objects behind another object I presume, whereas mine only calls pick object for the entity in question.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 07:47
@Dar13:

That does sound like a problem. But that's all logic... you may need to keep track of each individual pieces position and have some sort of controlling script manage them all.

@Airslide:

Yeah, that's why I didn't use "pickobject". The "SetTargetReticle" does use pick object in DBP, but it searches for the closest one in the center of the screen. In the next update, it'll also make sure that you can't target through walls.

The one and only,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 08:25
Ply, I see you have really been working your tail off since I've been gone. Is Beta 3 (revised) the one I should be working with? I started out using version 1.06 on my new game but am really excited about trying out and using 1.07. Can't wait to try out some of airmod's enhancements as well.

Once I add/edit my command lists for FPI Editpad for this newest version I will have it available for download.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 08:37
Mmm, I wouldn't go as far as to say I've been working my tail off, but yeah I've put a bit more things in.

Beta 3 Revised is indeed the latest. I even have the newest download buttons highlighted in Red so people know that they are the downloads of interest.

Lemme know when you get the download ready, I'll advert it in my sig for you.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 14:30
What do you mean you havent been working your tail off? He said he was using 1.06! Since he's been gone you've added scorch override, cameras, new gunspec and flakspec, airmod, you've been doing quite a lot for us lately, have one on me

@FLATLANDER

It's good to see your return. Glad to see you're still working on FPI EditPad. Make sure to get Airmod stuff in their too, since nearly all mods (if not all) incorporate it.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 19:10 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 19:11
I have all of airmod's commands into FPI Editpad and now am working on Ply's. Wow, Ply, there are a lot of them. Will let you know when I am done.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 01:09
Yeah, the readme is a mile long

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 03:46
@Flatlander:

Are you adding notes to the commands to let people know that they need a Mod to use those commands? Or how are you going about that?

Quote: "Yeah, the readme is a mile long"

Yeah, my sentiments exactly, but there really is no short way of describing everything I've put in.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 05:01
I want to get the exact quote from the christmas story, I'll have to look it up

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 06:25
Quote: "Are you adding notes to the commands to let people know that they need a Mod to use those commands? Or how are you going about that?"

I'm not going to put the lists in the setup file. Those lists will only be FPSC. I'm going to have the download here for Ply/Air Mod plus FPSC. I should have both ZIP and RAR. All of the command defs will be like the following when you move the mouse over the command:

NEWJUMPHEIGHT=X - Sets the jump height of the player to X units. (Default is 50) (PlyMod)

ALLOWPICKUPWEAPON=X - If X is 1 then player can take weapon from character's hands/body (airmod)

Also, you will need to download an updated exe file since I added two more Condition and Action categories which are hard coded: Camera and Weapons. The Action categories has a third category: Debug. Will probably be available Sunday afternoon, CST.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 06:38
Sounds good to me!

The one and only,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 12:14 Edited at: 7th Dec 2008 12:15
Couldn't sleep - it is 5:00 Sunday Morning.

Here are the downloads:

Command Lists and Defs

http://www.olivetreegames.com/uploads/PlyMod_Commands.zip (11.5 kb)

The EXE updated file (3.2.0)

http://www.olivetreegames.com/uploads/FPI_EditPad.zip (160 kb)

If you haven't installed the application then you need to download this first.

http://www.olivetreegames.com/uploads/FPI_EditPad_Setup.exe (17.3 MB)

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 16:02 Edited at: 7th Dec 2008 16:05
Sweet! I need to have all of these commands listed. Thanks a ton!

Edit: I already have the aplication installed and the commands list added, but the update(I think it's an update) won't install. It says "File options.ini is missing."

If A=B and B=C, are people still stupid?
-Crusader2
Big Pat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 16:11
this sounds and looks so good, but does it work with FPS 1.0 because it dosen't seem to be working on mine.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 16:26
No, only 1.07-1.09....

Why would you want to use V1.0 anyway?

Big Pat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 17:09 Edited at: 7th Dec 2008 17:15
i dont lol but is there a way to upgrade? (preferbly for free!)
Edit: oh yh there is, sorry
thanks coffeegrunt

Big Pat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 18:33
this really is not workin on my fpsc
does ne1 know how to change from first person to 3rd person?

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 18:41
You would have to script an entire camera system to make it third person, and you would have to find a way for an entiety to use weapons on command and switch weapons. I think coffeegrunt is making a 3rd person system right now. I think it's him at least.

-Crusader2
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 18:56
Quote: "I think coffeegrunt is making a 3rd person system right now. "

Ermm....No.

I think that's Meteorite....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 19:38
Oh... Sorry, wrong person. Knew it was one of you two. Either way, it's pretty sick.

-Crusader2
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 21:07
Sweet! I'll install right now!

Curious, does the Ply's Mod Commands library also include the AirMod commands? You know, since they co-exist, it would be nice to have them both in there.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 21:09
It does...

I fixed my zoom by the way ply. I just need to ask, the multipliers for the player and entities, how do they work? E.g., If I were to set the player accuracy one to 1.5, would that increase or decrease his accuracy?

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 21:12
increase. they are multiplying the weapons accuracy by the number you input,i think.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 21:13
Hmmm, I thought I wrote somewhere in the ReadMe that the multipliers were all defaulted to 100.

Setting it to 1.5 will give you 1.5% of what it was normally.

This is true for the following commands: (There are more that follow this rule, but these are the ones pertaining to multiplying an aspect of the player or entity)
PLRSPEED
PLRDMGMULT
ENTITYDMGMULT
PLRACCMULT

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 21:16
woah i thought it was simply multiplying the accuracy by the number...wow i was off.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 13:17:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 13:17:34