Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 00:41 Edited at: 9th Nov 2008 20:56
!!! RELEASE TIME !!!

Ply's Mod V1.07 Beta 2

Unless I start getting some bug reports regarding any additions I've made, this version will become the Official Ply's Mod V1.07 release.

I'll give it a couple weeks at most for people to shoot me some bug reports before renaming it.

Areas of Interest:
- FlakSpec additions
- GunSpec additions
- Weapon Related Conditions/Actions
- HUD Manipulation Actions

Enjoy!!!

[EDIT] Deleted Download [/EDIT]

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 01:14
You add this right at the point where I've just installed V1.13 for the puzzle compo....

Curse you.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 03:40
LOL, I have both installed

Using V1.13 for the compo, and using Ply's Mod for the Demo game.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 03:52
my goodness, I am so happy. This is a like an early birthday gift

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 04:18 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2008 04:25
Plystire, I am so glad that things have worked out for you!

for your hard work and talent to be out of commission like that would have been a travesty.. By The Way..Thanks for the download..Plystire, You have done a Fantastic Job as always!

Cheers,
Tanya.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 04:28 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2008 04:35
Lol, glad to hear you're happy about it, meteorite. Hope you enjoy the new features!

@Tanya:

Thanks! If I had my hardware buddy do it from the start, I doubt anything would have gone wrong at all, lol, but he was out of town.... figures.

You're most welcome, and I do hope you find it useful!

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 05:05
Cereal!!!!
Awesome Ply!

[url=
"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 05:45 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2008 05:46
Sweet!

Just one thing:

Quote: "Fixed “confused” accuracy system in AirMod and replaced with true conical aiming."

Confused accuracy? Does this have something to do with the weird grid thing of bullet holes when I use AirMod?

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 06:25
I might have a crack at the latest version when EAI releases his new stuff.

Oh, BTW, Ply, if you ever run out of liquor again, there's always disinfectant, it smeels a bit like alcohol...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 10:00
@xyzz:

Yup, it doesn't make a grid anymore. It'll actually shoot randomly within a circle on the wall. The size of the circle depends on your distance from it, of course.

@Toasty:

Heh, I think I'll pass, but thanks.

I thought EAI already released a bunch of stuff (and updated some old ones) that included functionality with this.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 11:30
Cool! Would it be possible to add damage dissipation over distance? Then again, I suppose the accuracy would be enough to simulate that......

I'm doing a multi-install now, everything's nicely backed up.....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 12:24
If I remember 1.00 had damage dissipation, I hated it... I seem to remember setting enemies health to 100 and gun damage to 75 and it took like 4 shots from a distance, but 2 at close range

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I thought EAI already released a bunch of stuff (and updated some old ones) that included functionality with this."

There is some more waiting for approval now. I think he was waiting on the G36C. Ply, I have a list of some buggy stuff relating to dual wield/left-hand-only use but I'll wait to send until after I've checked out this new version and send you a test weapon if need be.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 13:57
I'm still trying to suss out how a single-handed reload would work...

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 14:01 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2008 15:17
Quote: "I'm still trying to suss out how a single-handed reload would work... "

Invisible little-person helper, I suppose. Personally I think there should be an option to force two-handed reloading as most people (including myself)share your confusion.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 18:08 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2008 18:27
I had the idea that the player had magnetic pads on his shoulders, so he lift the gun and place it on these pads, grab two clips put 'em in, and continue...

-=EDIT=-

Hey Ply, does the REPLACEWEAP act like a swapping system type thing? Would it be possible to script that in? Is it possible to move an entity to the player's current position? You have internal Entity position variables, but not player ones......

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 21:57
WOW! THIS IS LIKE THE MOST AMAZING THING IVE EVER SEEN!

(straightens suit) Wonderful release, Plystire. Is the one which has the health bars by any chance?
Also, im going to use the bars which i used in the layout. Wish me luck!

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 23:09
Yeh, the latest one is the one with the healthbar ability....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 08:09
@CG:

Quote: "Hey Ply, does the REPLACEWEAP act like a swapping system type thing? Would it be possible to script that in? Is it possible to move an entity to the player's current position? You have internal Entity position variables, but not player ones......"

The ReplaceWeap command works on names only.

Example:

ReplaceWeap=ww2\tommygun scifi\tavor

That will attempt to find a tommygun in your inventory and replace it with a tavor. If it can't find the tommygun in your inventory, then the command won't do anything.

The Mod does have internal variables for the player, but they're not named as such. Remember that the player is REALLY just a camera with a weapon glued to it.

You'll be wanting "$CPX", "$CPY", "$CPZ"

@ErrantAI:

No no no, they're not invisible! Don't you know that every hot-shot dual-wielding FPS Hero has a midget attached to their back to reload weapons for them and then removed for any cutscenes?!? I thought everyone knew that!!

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 09:18
Lol! I was thinking of having a specfic script for each entity, and when it's swapped for the entity on the floor, I'll call over the entity you supposedly swappped it for using the HAVEWEAP=X and a variable to find what one it is, and some internal variable jiggery-pokery.....

I have issues with the HUDs though, they won't appear for me now....

Here's my script code:

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 10:21
Hmmmm... not entirely too sure about the Healthbar... but it looks like the armourbar may be because you forgot the "%" in front of the variable name.

Another thing you could try is not using decimal values for the hudx and hudy.

If that doesn't work, you could always try NOT using "hudhide=1" and just skip trying to show them.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 10:40 Edited at: 4th Nov 2008 10:44
!!!PLY'S MOD USER TIP!!!

Don't you just hate it when you want the player to pick up an object, but when they go to do so their gun zooms in and zooming out drops the object? Wouldn't it be nice if the player had to put their weapon away to pick something up? That's realistic, right?

Well, if you think that's a good idea like I do, then try the following script!!!

Simply use that script in a triggerzone anywhere in your level and the player will no longer be able to pick up objects if their hands are full of weapons!!

(I was JUST thinking about that while working on my Puzzle Comp Entry. Decided to let the good ol' Ply's Mod users know that at least THEY can achieve it. )

[EDIT]

CONCEPT!!!

Heh, not the real deal, but kinda like it.

[/EDIT]

The one and only,

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 20:31
Wait. To add in the healthbar, do I have to add it into the setuplevel or in a triggerzone?

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 22:47
This is awesome! So after this, it's just bug fixes right?

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 23:16
Hey Ply, I just had quite a handy idea. You should see about setting a global level script kinda thing. So instead of having to place a dynamic light with the script attacked, maybe have a system where in the games folder where the other level/menu scripts are kept, maybe allow a script system?

Such as: global1.fpi, global2.fpi, global3.fpi, etc.

I think that would be quite a nifty little feature.

Win XP - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2008 03:16
@FPI S C&P:

You put it into a triggerzone. The setuplevel.fpi script has it's own processes that need attending to and you don't want to be messing around with it's state, otherwise you could effectively remove Menus without intending to... and could potentially prevent the player from being able to exit the game short of Alt+F4.

@Crusader:

Yes, but there may be a couple exceptions... definitally nothing HUGE going to be implemented until the next version.

@Litle Bill:

It would be nifty... but a triggerzone works just as well and it's not like the triggerzone is killing framerate any more than a non-entity script would.

The one and only,

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2008 21:34
Ouch... So I "Copy and Paste" the previous snippet for a health bar to my script?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 01:45
You may need to alter it a bit to suit what you are trying to do... such as any HUDs used, where they are located, where on screen the HUD should go.... maybe even change how the scaling is done if you wanted a different effect.

Not everything is as simple as copy/paste.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 20:16 Edited at: 6th Nov 2008 20:22
I edited the script like you said, but the real problem was that the files were in the wrong place.....

Also, what's the name of the player camera? I need to know so I can test out that SETCAMFOV command....

Finally, I sent you an E-Mail about the project....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 20:56
player camera is 0

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 21:00
Mmm k.....

Thank you very much......

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2008 00:38
no prob, ply taught me in the first place

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2008 07:38 Edited at: 7th Nov 2008 07:41
!!! PLY'S MOD USER TIP !!!

Ever wanted to have a bunch of falling entities prevent the player from getting across a pit? You'd probably set that up by using some spawnable entities that die at the bottom of the pit, right? Well, what that'll work, but the player would never get across! You would need to let the player make the entities STOP spawning!

Well, now you can! (And I forgot to put this in the readme, so I'm putting it here, lol)

To stop a spawnable entity from spawning, activate it with a value of -1! To turn it back on, just activate with a 1 as per usual.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2008 22:21
I havent wanted to do that, but cool none the less

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2008 22:45
I initially added that so that I could make a spawner that gave me a box EVERY time I push the button and ONLY when I push the button.

It was just fun to have a box dispenser and to go on a building spree up a wall with however many boxes I want/need.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 00:10
Ply, I was wondering if you knew whether any of the Ultimate Shader Pack shaders would work with this mod, would it be possible to get some to work with it?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 06:00
I think a shader will work with FPSC so long as the following conditions are true:

1) The shader must not rely on any sort of light source
2) Any extra textures must be hard-coded into the shader itself

And even then, I can't say for sure if a shader would work or not without trying it out myself and seeing first hand if it worked or not.

If I recall, the shaders that FPSC normally uses (bumpbone, illumination, etc.) actually have bits of code in the engine SPECIFICALLY for them so that they'd work right.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 11:59
Hooray....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 20:55
@Everyone using Ply's Mod:

It has come to my attention that the Beta 2 release has been corrupted at some point. No, not literally corrupted, but there are many many weird things happening in it and I will have to ask that everyone who HAS downloaded that version, please revert back to the Beta version until I can get a solid release ready.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 21:00
Hmm....ok....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 22:00
doh

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 22:16
Sorry, guys. It may have been my new DBP setup on this new comp... it could be a little bit, as I'm also working on the puzzle comp entry and a bit of electronic design for class.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 01:22
Oh well, I s'pose I can wait... for a couple days =p

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 01:56
I haven't had any problems with it. Beta 1 still has Airmod stuff right? Because I just bought some Errant AI guns because of dual and iron-sights. PLEASE HAVE IT!

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 02:08
Yes, it still has AirMod

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 02:09
I never had any problems... what corruptions occured exactly?

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 02:11 Edited at: 10th Nov 2008 02:26
Dang that was fast... Thanks Ply. I'm really getting a huge ammount of joy out of this mod. I'm gonna learn scripting as soon as I feel like getting off the couch and focusing. Because me and a friend really want to try a 3rd person game, and with your camera system and my amazing walnut sized brain, we might actually pull it off! (FYI: My brain is actually bigger than a walnut. I'm actually pretty smart.)

[EDIT]

Ply, now 'm getting some wierd problems too. Sound is messed up, and so is the ammo HUD. Apparantly I have Beta 1 installed before and I accidentally upgraded instead of downgrading. Downgraded to Beta 1, testing again. It worked fine now... CUE OMINOUS MUSIC!

[/EDIT]

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 02:22
@meteorite:

Someone mentioned not beign able to hurt enemies while running Beta 2... I thought it was strange and asked him to upload a sample map. He did and I tried it and sure enough, all the bullets went straight through the enemy.... and on top of that, some other features in the Mod were screwing up. Such as HUD scaling/positioning, variable management, binding ammo to a variable, etc etc. the list just went on and on the more I tested...

So, I figured that there's no WAY I could have broken EVERYTHING with the changes I made, especially since I had tested it RIGHT before compiling last (before my computer went boom)

But then I remembered that I had compiled the FULL version and went and recompiled the demo for upload (after my computer went boom and I rebuilt it)... so, nothing was really changed since I last tested except for the setup I am compiling on, so I'm going to have to see if any of my backups will compile correctly. If they don't, then I know it's DBP and I'm gonna hafta re-setup everything.

@Crusader2:

I'm glad you're liking it, I wish you luck with that 3rd person game.

If you have any questions, I bet meteorite could help you out since he has a bit of experience with that.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 02:34
Ply, ran into some errors, check my previous post for more info if you want to. If not, here you go.

Ammo Hud: Numbers were too big
Sound: When dual wielding, sounds weren't in stereo and were louder when the left handed gun was fired, but were still too quiet.

New Problem: Ammo is not consolidated between weapon pickups; ex. When I pick up Errant AI's pistol twice, each gun has 7 shots. It doesn't add the ammo in the other gun to the ammo in the first gun though, so I end up with 2 guns with 7 shots each. Not sure if this is an error or not, just be aware.

So, you mean that meteorite has experience with 3rd person games? Coolio. I'm working on something with the same friend right now. We're looking for some desert camo soldiers and a good ally ai script right now, because we're making a game centered around a war in Iran (I think that's what he said ) Anyway, just know that your mod is being put to good use and that people absoultely love it beyond measure. Or... almost beyond measure.

matty47
Years of Service
User Offline
Apologies if I did something wrong but I don't seem to be able to download the mod file. The download gets to 99%, apparently finalises but when I try to open the archive I get an unexpected end of archive error. I did a repair on the archive but the contents still remain damaged - anyone help? please
Matthew

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 09:19:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 09:19:04