Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 09:11
I may add that as an ability, but it would take some thinking to make it easy to script... not to mention mapping cameras to textures takes some serious processing power compared to everything else I've been doing.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 12:30
Trust me Meteorite, it ain't easy mapping cameras to stuff, my water in my WIP DBP project still won't work....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 23:35
lol, I was just hinking about reviving that Portal concept by Hybrid, and i'm sure other things could be done with it

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 02:36
Quote: "Considering the vast amount of scripting commands I've added I think it'd still be pretty close to 85% scripting commands, 7% other stuff, and 8% weapon ... stuff."

Since that doesn't actually shrink the amount of other & weapon stuff, that's even better

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 20:45
@meteorite:

Having attempted a portal effect in DBP itself, I can tell you that it's not that easy.

On top of that, culling in FPSC will prevent your "portal" from rendering things that it should be seeing.

Many calculations need to be done to make the other camera align behind the other portal in such a way that it provides a decent illusion of being an illusion.

@Airslide:

Yes... it does mean that it's better because that just shows how much I've added. And on top of that, YOU added a ton of stuff.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 22:22
oic, o well, i'm sure a good use could be found for it

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 02:43
Quote: "Yes... it does mean that it's better because that just shows how much I've added. And on top of that, YOU added a ton of stuff."

You must have added a LOT of stuff I'm definitely looking forward to playing around with it. I'd do so right now but the last 3 days have been a little hectic...

Jesper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 17:32
This is just what i have waited! Driving vehicles( can make rally game)! And even better, 3rd person is now possible!! Just put gun to character, and make script condition, something like: leftmousepressed and then you can get character shooting! When you release this? Cant wait!!!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 21:32
@Airslide:

Haven't started putting your Mod in yet... may find some time, may not. Will let you know when I do, though.

@Jesper:

Alpha version has been released. It's somewhere buried in this thread. Attached to one of my posts with big bold header.

"leftmousepressed" isn't a command, but "mouseclick" is. Check the readme file for how to use it.

I just got an email from someone saying they were editting the 3rd person script to do something like that. Maybe wait until they got it done.

The one and only,

mk82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2008 15:59
Ply, I think this is awesome. The video is great!!!!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 19:58
It's all great!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 23:39
@CG:

You gonna host the file and gimme a link to it?

I'm sure the first post on this thread would be much easier to find.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 02:33 Edited at: 31st Aug 2008 12:42
Lol, sorry, I forgot to link it up....

Well, here it is: http://Allazeya.zxq.net/downloads/PlysMod.rar

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 05:18
Ah yes, I'm working on 3rd person shooting I plan to release it when I finish, now that ply gave that away :p I hopes he doesnt give away the other surprise to the community I mentioned lol

mk82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 20:44 Edited at: 31st Aug 2008 20:53
coffeegrunt , I downloaded from your link and got a corrupt file when I unzipped it.

Im mk83's little brother! (who cares anyway)?
mk82
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 20:53 Edited at: 31st Aug 2008 20:55
Heres a pic of the error.
I find that if I click download then open you can read the error better.

Im mk83's little brother! (who cares anyway)?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Havent been here for a while lol, been busy with db,metorite i dont understand what you mean when you say

Quote: "Hello Ply, sorry if this has been brought up before, but is it possible to map a camera as a texture to an entity? "
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
I think he means to make an effect similar to the portals in Portal.

Like, rendering the camera to a texture that is placed on the entity.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 21:25
Weird, when I uploaded it, it was fine.....

Must be Filezilla, I guesss i'll have to do it manually...

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2008 04:22
yes, xyzz is correct

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2008 16:04
No, the file is perfectly fine on my server, weighing in at ~ 2mb, but upon dowloading it, it gets shrunk to 337kb for some reason and gets corrupted.....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2008 17:42
How many times did you try downloading? Are you using dial up? FOr some reason when I used to have dial up, a download would cut itself off in the middle and give me a corrupt file... I was wondering, could anybody try to edit an .fpe file for me? it's in regards to one of the scripts I am working on, but the entity is always backwards for some reason.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 00:46
@meteorite:

You can make them face forward by altering the offy setting in the fpe file.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 04:15
Alright, thanks, oh yes, it is also half way in the ground, hopefully you know what "it" I am referring to ply.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 04:16
Oh yes, also... Through experimentation, I've learned how to create an ironsights effect with ply's mod, and, as an added bonus, you get a player model! Now, I havent actually tested this because I can't model and such, but if you simply (yeah right) made a model that held a gun realisticly, and gave it an ironsights animation set so that it brings the gun up to its face (although this woud take a LOT of work to make it look right) you could use ply's camera system to put the camera in the correct position in front of the characters face, ironsights would work (but think of how long it would take to get PERFECTLY centered for accuracy) Just a thought. Oh, by experimentation I meant that I moved ply's 3rd person cam in his script, but I had a lot of trouble, and I couldnt get a proper alignment.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 20:36
Oh, wait.... right, you're using V1.07! Heh, forgot.

Depending on how you bound the camera to the entity, you can use the offset commands I've included in the Mod.

Example:

If you bound the entity to the camera, you can use the offsetent commands to offset the entity's position/angle from the camera's position/angle.

If you bound the camera to the entity, you can use the offsetcam commands to offset the camera's position/angle from the camera's position/angle.

Basically, the offset commands are like... positioning commands. They position the entity/camera with the assumption that the camera/entity they are bound to is the origin. Thus, if the origin moves, the object bound to that origin must also move in order to maintain it's position in relative space.

Or so is how they teach you in relative physics class.

Well, anyway, to solve your "halfway in the ground" problem, just give it a higher y offset to bring it up onto the ground. That'll take a few trial and errors to get it nice and snug against the ground, though.

It's good to see you're starting to milk the power out of Ply's Mod. You and CG should get together and make a new script pack for this thing. *wink wink*

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 21:04
Lol.....

If you so wish then Ply, I'll see if I can find some spare time to do so....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 22:03
I dunno, all I've done so far with ply's mod is edit your scripts, and did you get the email I sent you by the way? I sent you an email with my third person script for testing

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 01:11
i get an error sorry if this has been repeated.
when i try to test the game it gives me the don't send error

all i have got in the room is a player start and a humvee with the drive script. Sorry if this has been repeated

Attachments

Login to view attachments
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 02:35
build the game, then play it. Test game doesnt work well

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 03:08
Quote: " it gives me the don't send error "

That actually made me lol, thank you for that.

See, I have never actually had it crash on me... so I'm going to have to ask you, judging from your screenshot and the presence of the Store... What version of FPSC are you using?

Anything above V1.09 has never worked with any Mod... at least not consistently. Even then, I recommend using V1.07 because it was MADE to work with V1.07.

The reason it fails is because your editor gets up to loading "entities"... make a note of this again... "ENTITIES", which are bound to scripts.... which I have expanded upon in the Mod and most other mods have as well. The Editor may be throwing in data to the program that it doesn't understand and causes it to hang. At least, that's my totally uneducated guess.

Either way, use the right version and it should work fine.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 00:03
good point, I wonder If what I said was incorrect then? I can't go back to 1.07 nunfortunatley, just 1.09, so The error comes up for me when it finished loading, and I just test then bring the editor back up and remake my test level.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 00:42 Edited at: 5th Sep 2008 00:51
The "Debug INfo: 0,0" error is to be expected, I'm afraid, but having the program completely stop responding shouldn't be expected.

I don't know what it is I did to the source to make that error constantly appear, but since the Test Game will still run while the error is up, it must be something the Editor doesn't like about the Mod... since the Editor is what throws the error and not the engine. And since the Editor error'd out, if you close the error box, the Editor is linked to the engine and will close the engine with it.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 00:50
SOMETHING OF INTEREST

Yeah, I wouldn't label this an "Update", so....

I'm considering revamping the AI portion of FPSC for Ply's Mod.

My thoughts in this department are to lessen the time it takes to load entities because of having to parse the scripts. On top of that, I want to "redo" the way the engine stores the scripts internally, to allow them to execute a tad faster.

Unfortunately, the code behind the scripts will still take the same amount of time to run, but there's nothing I can do about that short of rewriting and optimising every single script command... which I won't do because all of the commands Lee wrote, I just plain to don't want to recode, and all the ones I wrote, I cannot think of a way to optimize any further.

So, on the next update expect that to happen. And perhaps... by that time I may have AirMod installed, or at least partially installed.

After that update occurs, I want to create scriptable weaponry... but that will not only require a lot of recoding in the engine itself but also a lot of time to implement needed scripting commands specifically for weapons.
I want to see this happen, because if this comes to fruition, then the door of possibilities with weapons will open... And there will be cake... and pie... and the fruits of the Earth will double in size... and all will be good in the world... and so will end the quadrillionth day.

Okay, enough biblical analogies.

So, I will put my coding helmet back on, and start working on something for everyone to look forward to.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 01:21
First page has been updated to include the video link as well as the alpha version download link.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 02:39
Quote: "After that update occurs, I want to create scriptable weaponry... but that will not only require a lot of recoding in the engine itself but also a lot of time to implement needed scripting commands specifically for weapons."

I'd been tossing this idea around for awhile. It was supposed to happen for AirMod 0.7 but I've been rather distracted. If you want here my original ideas/plans then find me on MSN...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 03:40
Thanks for the offer, but hang on until I get to that part.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 04:29
Well, I didn't say you had to commit to anything

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 13:25 Edited at: 5th Sep 2008 13:26
YAY! Ply took my advice! Scriptable weapons is good!

-edit- just looked at my typo further up... hehehe... nunfortunatley

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 18:26
AWESOME!! l

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Which fpscreator version does this works for?
Because this is making me want to go back to fpscreator.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 19:36
V1.07 - V1.09 have been confirmed to work with Mods. If you have any issues with V1.08 or V1.09 then I suggest using V1.07 since that is the version this Mod was made off of (And all other Mods, actually)

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 20:11
I'm using V1.09, so I can get this and the store. Runs very well.....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 23:01
Yep, I loves it

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 06:23
I can run the store with version 1.07

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 06:31
how does that work?

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 07:36
Well there is a download link to the store as a standalone in the latest newsletter, just open it as an normal app with version 1.07

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 10:20
Small update:

I have just finished copying code into Ply's Mod from AirMod... testing is underway, so you can look forward to another "release" soon.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 10:43
Yay!! I'll hold off on my demo 'til then Ply.....

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 13:54
Plystire, are you even human?

I doubt anyone would be able to make such a great-looking mod for FPSC like you! And does it support V1.13 of FPSC?

With ADAM, you could no longer domesticate a child than a Boa Constrictor.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:24:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:24:17