Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 19:07 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2008 19:28
@ Everyone:
People have different views on where their programs should go. Occasionally, I come across a C# DLL that's free, but licensed under the GPL, meaning that unless my project is free and open-source, I can't use it.

Same goes with mods. People have different views. Airslide makes AirMod free to use and open source, even for commercial use. Although efxMod is free, it is not open source, and not free for commercial use. Other mods, like Ply's Mod are free, but with a watermark, and not for commercial use, but also feature a version that people can purchase without the watermark, and for commercial use.

I'm guessing these differences prevent the mods from being combined.

Bottom line is this: Don't bug people to make things or do things. It just messes stuff up.

@ Ply:
I've got a question. Does your mod save all of the variables defined when saving a game?
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 19:11 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2008 19:15
No problem ply.. Didnt mean to offend u or anything, it was just a suggestion

Quote: "Other mods, like Ply's Mod are free, but with a watermark, and not for commercial use, but also feature a version that people can purchase.

"

Wha? i thought we were allowed to make commercial games with plys mod
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops. Post edited...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 00:25 Edited at: 24th Jul 2008 00:28
Ply's Mod can be used for commercial use if you so desire, even without purchasing.

If you feel comfortable selling your game with the splash screen and title screen watermark, then go for it. I'm not holding you back nor am I demanding royalties for it. Purchasing the Mod simply removes my name from any built games that you may create.

The watermark simply ensures that I recieve visable credit for my work if you choose not to pay me. Everyone can SAY "I'll give you credit", but it never gets seen! And that was the problem I had with not putting a watermark on my Mod. People never actually read the credits, and rarely does anyone care about the "credit" section of a ReadMe. All I want is for my work to be recognised or to benefit from it. One or the other, it doesn't matter.

So, if you don't pay for the Mod, I can be ensured that I will be recieving proper credability. If you DO pay for the Mod, then I have benefitted from my work. It's a win/win scenario for me and that's the way I like my odds.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 17:01
Have you released this mod yet ply? The thread is too big and I want it!

I troll because I care.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 22:15
It's on the 3rd page and it's very close to the bottom.

Ply, do you mind making another thread saying it has been released? It's rather difficult to find the download on the 3rd page lol. I already have it but it'll help others to find it. It will probably help you too actually. Several people here probably have no idea this is out yet.

lil marioman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 02:46
First post!

Since my join date that is...

--
Back on topic...

Great mod, Ply! ... Er.. uhm.. Im gonna go upload some vehicles for the final mod later on... even if it is a month or more later... bye!

Scrabble is not my thing. X_X
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 07:48
When I find time to sit at my computer, I'll put it either on the first page, or make a new thread.

Good point.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 20:19

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
What will this mod cost?
Do you have a website?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 23:26
Nothing until it's finished. Alpha version only.
No.

The one and only,

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 03:27
You ever goin to make a new thread lol? The title does only say "preview" so some still may have no idea about this one.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 09:12
Ply, I've been meaning to ask you about an addition into your mod and if the main engine goes open source, into that as well. I've been toying around with the idea me a cover system similar to Rainbow Six: Vegas or Gears of War. I tried to do it myself, so that I could just send over some code, but two things stopped me from doing that. One being that I don't know if it would integrate well, and two, I lack the DarkBasic knowledge to complete such a task. If this is a viable addition, it would be great to see it added to even V2. Anyway... Have a good one.

Gunn3r Games
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 14:20
PLy,

This mod is by far the best thing going for FPSC. It' one of the only ones that turns the majorety of control over to the creator, rather than the modder.

I read somewhere around page 6 that youare having a mission with dual weild. I have a dual weild character rig, with 2 firespots and new animations that I can send you if you want to experiment with it.

Drop me an email at the address I'm sending you... would be interested to have a chat.

Peas
J

nj18
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 20:32
you are my HERO

Go Cubs!!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 21:57
Thanks for the nice words, everyone.

@Jenkins:

I still consider this to be a preview since it hasn't yet reached a full release. I still need to relocate the download to the first post, though.

@gunn3r:

I'm not sure if it would implement well at all. I would have to see the code and get some time (very rare) to sit down and figure out a way on how to properly get it implemented.
As for a viable feature, I'm not sure if my mod's "specialty" would classify it as a viable addition, either.

@Butter Fingers:

Hey, long time no see!
You're right, I was having a bit of troubles getting that going, and with that kind of bone structure, if portable to all of the other models, would be a great addition. With that I would, in theory, be able to have dualwielding for not only character entities but MP as well.
Even if I were to get that put in, the question still remains, are people willing to re-bone all of their models or duplicate their models of characters (I.e. have "aiko.X" and "aiko_dual.X")? I would not be able to rebone all of the existing character models, but I would be able to provide the bone structure with the Mod download for anyone willing to do it themselves.

I would like to experiment with a lot of things, but as with everything else right now, I have no time nor patience to do such a thing. More of life's little issues are constantly popping up and require more attention than I can give them. I've been in a real bind lately, and I dare say that I may be having a midlife crisis at this early age.

The one and only,

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 21:59
Quote: "I still consider this to be a preview since it hasn't yet reached a full release. I still need to relocate the download to the first post, though."

Ahh, that makes sense. But ya, you should definitely get it to the first post.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 22:47
Quote: "Even if I were to get that put in, the question still remains, are people willing to re-bone all of their models or duplicate their models of characters (I.e. have "aiko.X" and "aiko_dual.X")?"

yes

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 19:35
Hmmm, the problem is that even if you did pre-rig them, you can't legally re-distro stock...and you need permission for the non-stock models......

Not that I'm expecting you to, I'd be willing to do it in Milkshape, if it stopped dying on me......

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2008 18:55
dying??
Quote: "Not that I'm expecting you to, I'd be willing to do it in Milkshape, if it stopped dying on me...... "

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2008 19:32
Failing. Showing error reports. Not exporting stuff right.......

Get the picture?

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 04:22 Edited at: 11th Aug 2008 05:58
Hmm... You could make a special installer. You'd have to find all the differences in the two files, and then make a copy of the original, say, Aiko.x. Then it would replace everything that's not what it should be. I'll make a little demo in a few days. I'm away from my own computer...

EDIT: Sig test!!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2008 01:54
Quote: "Hmm... You could make a special installer."

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93747&b=25

That link above is my original FPSC-Only installer. I think you'll have to scroll down a bit through the thread to find the version with the GUI...or maybe I released it separately. I don't know

Anyways, I didn't release a version that let you package your own media, always meant to get around to it though. If I can find the time I may work on it again, though the original source is long gone.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 02:23
Hey PLy a question about the 3rd person view, i saw the older video and it looks great and my question was in the video you where able to see the full body now can we posistion the 3rd person camera to fit our liking like if we wanted more of a Resident Evil 4 feeling? Thanks Bro

"The One And Only"
Punk13

punk13@inbox.com
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 02:58
Yes, you have full control over where the camera is, where it will stick and where it can move to.

If you don't like how the 3rd person cam looks down on the player then you can fiddle around with the offset actions:

offsetcamx
offsetcamy
offsetcamz

They're in the ReadMe file. These commands are what tell the camera where it's supposed to be located in relation to the entity it is bound to.

For what direction the camera should be looking in relation to the entity then you'll be using:

offsetcamxang
offsetcamyang
offsetcamzang

X angle is vertical adjustment, Y angle is horizontal adjustment, and Z angle is a "roll" adjustment.

As an example (just for giggles), if you wanted your camera upside down all the time you would use "offsetcamzang=180".

In short, the system in NO way limits how you are allowed to implement cameras and what you are able to do with them.

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 05:07
cool, and ply im horrible at calculating so what if someone wanted something simaler to the camera in the orange mod? That was the perfect view but your mod is better plus your cool.

punk13@inbox.com
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 09:15
No calculating needed... as long as you know that Y position is up/down, X position is left/right, and Z position is forward/backward... then it's just a matter of playing around with the values until you get it where you need it.

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 09:32
cool ill give it a go thankyou

punk13@inbox.com
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 13:14
Does that mean that we *could* make a static camera pointing at a player-controlled character, sort of like an adventure game? I'm thinking along the style of Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island, but with real-time scenes instead of pre-rendered ones. But it would've been even cooler if we could actually make point n' click adventure games in 3D... *hint, hint*

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 15:11
With the camera control, we can freeze the player with STARTMENU, then use the camera commands to make an in-game cutscene, if you get what I mean...

Hence the reason this mod will be used for Izolis, the amount of gamepkay additions you can add to your games are only limited by your imagination, the variable system is much easier than current update variables, and the amount of added commands gives alot of power to the scripter.....

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Talking about the variables in 1.09 and up, I don't understand why Lee didn't use Ply's variables. He has the code, and plus, I'd guess that both systems would use a hashtable kind of thing, to store the key, being the name or number, and then get the value. No real idea though.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 19:02
Meh, I'd consider using updates if he added Ply's variables.....and I'd be over there like a shot if he added all of Ply's Mod to it....

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 20:09
If Ply would implement AirMod (hint hint) I'd be all over this thing

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 23:06
Heheh, Ply's really busy right now.......

Meh. If I had DarkLights I'd offer to implement Airmod for him......although I'd probably screw up the engine......

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 23:19
Yes, if you script it right you could have a fixed camera style gameplay, like in RE1.

@Airslide:

Whenever I find some spare boredom time, I'll try to implement AirMod.

But only if you gave me the latest source.

The one and only,

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 19:12
hey plystire check your e-mail.

I took a look outside, and Nickydude was pointing a pistol at my head.
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 21:05
Plystire, i know i have you on my msn contacts and it does seem a bit rude to see you arent really replying to my messages, but lets see this straight:

Games made with Plys Mod 1.07 can be sold commercially, but needs credit from maker? (Plystire)
Plys Mod 1.07 is free, although you can buy a license to remove the watermark?
Where should the watermark be?

How many of these answers did i get right?

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 22:33
hey guys, i can't seem to find the download for the mod...

I took a look outside, and Nickydude was pointing a pistol at my head.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 03:37
Quote: "But only if you gave me the latest source."

Well duh Hopefully I'll have the public copy out soon but if not I trust you enough to give you exclusive access

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 04:45
@Adriano:

Got it, replied.

@FSC&P:

1) Credit does not need to be given in any fashion other than the splash screen and watermark that are hardcoded into the Mod.

2) Yes

3) When you build a game, the Mod is programmed to bring up a "Plystire's Mod" splash screen. on top of this, your title screen will have a watermark in the top right corner.

@Airslide:

Well, send it on over and I'll start slowly workin away at it.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 21:07
I'm working on making a working ENTITYWITHINZONE condition, that'll chek when said entity walks into a zone.....

If I get it working, I'l happily send it off to you to scrutinise and test.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 05:59
Sounds great!

A hint to help you out:

- Look at how zones are accessed and checked for in other conditions such as "plrwithinzone".

Also, for optimization purposes, remember that once you KNOW the entity is inside a zone, then it would save the processor energy to just exit out of your checking loop.

The one and only,

BtMs DieHard
Years of Service
User Offline
I was directed ti this mod to work on my TPS for FPSC, and form the looks of things, this mod is going to be AWESOME!!! Just one question, when will it be available?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 21:22
The alpha version is available somewhere in this thread. Around page 7 if you have the default amount of posts being shown.

It should be attached to a large post I made with a big bold header on it.

After you download, please read everything in the ReadMe.txt before asking anything.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 21:26
Welcome to Ply's Mod, after learning how to script well, you will be making some feaking awesome games......

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 01:48
Yes, this Mod is 90% just additions to the scripting language. So if you intend to use this Mod to it's fullest potential, then you'll need to learn how to script.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 02:18
Ply, since everyone's having trouble finding your mod, I could host it on my site for you. It'd be a whole lot easier than telling everyone to find a specific portion of a specific page on a specific tread, I'll just link them up......

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 03:07
Quote: "Yes, this Mod is 90% just additions to the scripting language. So if you intend to use this Mod to it's fullest potential, then you'll need to learn how to script."

Now get to adding AirMod and it will be 75% scripting additions, 10% other stuff, and 15% weapon awesomeness

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 05:01
@CG:

Sure, host it on your site, give me the link and I'll make sure to include it in the first post of this thread. (Waiting for TGC to upload something while I have othwer things to do just isn't my cup of tea.)

@Airslide:

Considering the vast amount of scripting commands I've added I think it'd still be pretty close to 85% scripting commands, 7% other stuff, and 8% weapon ... stuff.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 05:07
Hello Ply, sorry if this has been brought up before, but is it possible to map a camera as a texture to an entity? Once I manage to downgrade, I will play with your alpha, It looks fun

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:31:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:31:25