Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have just started using PB. I have precious little time and just scratching at the surfaces, but things are looking good enough to feel my money was put to good use.

Still moving in circles.
Cloner
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to make a separate post, but this would help novices like me very much. Especially, those who have bought project blue.

Is it possible to get a list of scripts that are published on the forum "scripts" section, and are compatible with project blue?

It will save novices like me a great lot of time and likely many issues too.

Sorry, if I've made a dumb question again.
Does this question merit starting a new thread?

Still moving in circles.
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2010 17:48 Edited at: 10th Apr 2010 17:52

Edit: Nevermind this, i have came across project green. A link on the first post about PG would probably be a good idea i think. But there still should be a video to show PB and its full features.

~ Benny Boy 2321 ~ Raw Sandvich ~
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is it possible to get a list of scripts that are published on the forum "scripts" section, and are compatible with project blue?"

I honestly don't have a list of threads or anything so I guess it would require a new thread.

Quote: "A link on the first post about PG would probably be a good idea i think"

Yeah I'll do that in a little bit.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 00:30
@Cloner:

There is not set list for that sort of thing, but if you run a quick search through the script board for "ply", you will likely come across many ply's mod scripts, which are fully compatible with PB.

The one and only,

Cloner
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a million.
Excellent suggestion.
'Ply'ing throught the scripts board right now.
My regards for you Plystire.
You are most helpful, not only to me but also to all community members.

Still moving in circles.
GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 15:01
Hey folks,

I am using Project Blue 1.7

When user falls off my level map, he don't die, causing me to ESC and load the game from begganing. Is there a way to prevent user fall off the map?
Or make the player die if he falls off the map? (like before)

Thanks in Advance
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
You could always make zones which set the players health to 0 around the edge of the map and also create walls of entities or using segments to create boundaries so that you cant walk off the map in the first place Hope that helped

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 17:25
Well, the problem is - I have already done what you said Arenas, my game is an in-door game, so, everything is packed and no one is even able to see the sky. All the edge is covered with walls.

The player don't fall from the edge of the level. He sometimes collides with a chair or table and suddenly drops through the floor with sound like aah ahh and finally aghh, lol.

But player don't fall in my PC, I have a quite good configuration with 2GB ram, Core2Quad and 1GB NVIDIA. He falls through the floor in my friends PC which don't have graphic card. I want my game to be widely playable so I have to care about what it looks like in all the computers.

Is there a way to prevent player fall through the floor? Or make him die when he falls through it?
Miguel Lobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 20:19 Edited at: 15th Apr 2010 13:17
Bought the PB today.
So, I am waitng for the download to.... appear and start playing around.

meanwhile... to celebrate his day

[EDIT] Still waiting...~
[GOT IT]
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Bought the PB today.

[EDIT] Still waiting..."

I sent the copy of Project Blue to the email address attached to the paypal account since none was specified.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 03:32
Quote: "Bought the PB today.

[EDIT] Still waiting..."

It's not gonna happen instantly
TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 11:34
I'm going to buy this mod when I get a job.
Miguel Lobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 13:17
GOT IT
Just starting messing around.
Will let know soon. Thanks!
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wondering, is there any progress with 1.8 beta, i am here to test. Or too busy with Migration?

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a question Hockey kid, can i betatest? i always wanted to betatest in PB its just that PB is so great and i would really like to inform you or blackfox (dont know to much what happened)
i just want to beta test,any version you want

please dont insult me if you say no (that woulb be the more probable answer)

Let me know,Bloody James

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Bloody James

That's just like asking for a free copy of Project Blue. The beta testers are the people who have bought the software (v1.8 is in beta at the moment).
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 21:25
Quote: "i always wanted to betatest in PB its just that PB is so great and i would really like to inform you or blackfox"

And BlackFox no longer has any ties to Project Blue.

- BlackFox

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Red eye have it and he doesnt have bought it

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Has he? I just saw him ask like you did.

Quote: "Just wondering, is there any progress with 1.8 beta, i am here to test."
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Not to worry, the next beta probably won't be out until V1.17 is released.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 04:30
lol as an actual beta tester since...well... since blue practically was announced I can say I have not received any betas so Bloody James you are not missing out on anything.

And okay thanks hockeykid for mentioning that.

[img][/img]
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 08:00 Edited at: 16th Apr 2010 08:00
TerrorNation: That is completly false, i have been testing since the very first version came out made by s4real, back then he worked on his own. So thats why i beta test, and its a beta i cant publish anything with it without Hockeykid's agreement, that was a deal I made with S4real a long time ago. I was just saying i have free time, and if there is something more to test i would test it if needed.

Anyway, good lucking mod as always, since the first verison xD.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Red Eye

Quote: " That is completly false, i have been testing since the very first version came out made by s4real, back then he worked on his own. "

I was just saying that to come in and beta test now probably wouldn't work, unless, like you, were testing PB from the beginning. I never knew you were a beta tester, I thought you were asking like Bloody James.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Now would be the time for people to request some features for Project Blue that ARE NOT currently being worked on in V117

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 18:08
I found a couple more bugs in the multiplayer.
1.After somene plays the game for a while, the player is unable to pick up any guns. They walk over it, jump in it etc and it wont pick up.
2. On the main menu, it is not possible to do backspace. Say your typing in your name or IP address and make a mistake, you want to delete that word using backspace, this is not possible as backspace does nothing on the menu, so you have to type it again. Can this be fixed or is me doing something wrong?
ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 05:36
Quote: "Now would be the time for people to request some features for Project Blue that ARE NOT currently being worked on in V117"

FINALLY!

How 'bout some multiplayer features? Lee has obviously expressed multiple times that he isn't going to improve multiplayer, and I would love to see some new features. Things like flak, dynamic entities, ect. would be awesome!

-ZackS28

Your signature has been erased by a mod
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Scripted flak would be great! Lewis requested it a few pages back, for things like claymores, C4 explosives etc.

And maybe special flak (flashbangs which will disorientate and blind enemies or the player if the flash grenade explodes near them).

We would definitely love multiplayer enhancements
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How 'bout some multiplayer features? Lee has obviously expressed multiple times that he isn't going to improve multiplayer, and I would love to see some new features. Things like flak, dynamic entities, ect. would be awesome!"

Im sure this is being done in the migration

What about integration of Fenix mod? I would love to see all of those commands and features in PB. You said that this would be done some time ago once you had finally merged PB into the latest version of the source code(V1.16 I think), but it never got in

Also what about beginning to merge into PB the unreleased V1.18 of FPSC so we don't have to wait as long when it is officially released

And My #1 request of all time... Could you make a file to save the kills, deaths, highest kill streak and highest death streak after finishing a multiplayer game? That feature in particular would make me a very happy person indeed If you wanted help coding that then I would be more then willing to put everything on hold to help create the code for that

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Im sure this is being done in the migration"

Not in v1.17.
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 14:39
Oh YES!

I have one simple little tiny suggestion...

Please oh PLEASE get the "forceback" command to work! It's not even coded!

In fact, if you could have a "forcetarget" command of exerting a force on your target that'd be epic.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the lag of 1.8 fixed? 1.7 works great in performace.

Multyplayer Features would be great!

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 01:19
Also, if you could get this to work, maybe being able to script edits onto HUD weapon's shaders/ texture files.

For example, I'd like to, through scripting, add a cloak to all of my guns. This would use the V1.17 distortion mapping. Could you be able to do that?

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 04:59
Where is the Demo?

Who the hell is General Failure? And why is he trying to read my hard disk?

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Gijs
Years of Service
User Offline
would my game load mutch faster with Project Blue?
Gijs
Years of Service
User Offline
or not
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 12:18
@Commico Inc There is no demo for PB. (Could be wrong but fairly sure)

@Gijs Yes game loads/runs faster/smoother, Also dont double post give it some time, And someone will reply when they see the thread.

======================================
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
First post demo.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 13:12
Quote: "There is no demo for PB. (Could be wrong but fairly sure)"

Actually, I think there are 2.

There's the demo for PB (which I think you need to email hockeykid for) which has all the features of PB, but only in test game. You cannot build.

Then there's Project Green, a free mod with some of the abilities of PB, but you can build with it.

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2010 07:24 Edited at: 25th Apr 2010 07:24
-snip-

Oopsies

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would request like flak that doesn't explode on impact, it just disappears. Maybe more menu options like to load a tutorial level seperate from the main game. Perhaps new animated loading screens instead of a loading box. How about the ability to have like a hud appear to input a code for a door, but you use the mouse to click the numbers on the pad like in doom 3. Or maybe some editor changes like the ability to load an image sequence for the title menu instead of always having to edit the setup after. Even a way to use like rolfy's animated health hud without having to manualy edit.

These last three things are wishes for lazy people like me that like to experiment, but I know you are busy so I will end it here. I do wish to thank you for your hard work for the mods and the upcoming updates.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2010 17:49 Edited at: 25th Apr 2010 17:50
Quote: "In fact, if you could have a "forcetarget" command of exerting a force on your target that'd be epic"

Hopefully this will come with ragdoll in V117. FPSC X10 has an option to increase physics force on weapons so you can make a shotgun send enemies flying back with ragdoll. Would look even better in X9 too.

Quote: "Is the lag of 1.8 fixed? 1.7 works great in performace."

There hasn't been an update since v1.8a. Mainly because Hockeykid is working on the official source and he said the next release of PB will be after V117 is released.

Quote: "I would request like flak that doesn't explode on impact, it just disappears"

Thats a great idea. There should be a flag to choose if flak is explodable or not. Would open the door for some nice weapon effects although hopefully the new V117 particle system can be combined with weapons!

After installing PB for some reason I now have to build all of the lighting in my test games even if I only move a couple of dynamic entities around. It was a really useful feature when lighting didn't have to be recalculated everytime. Does anyone else have this issue in PB v1.8a?

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2010 18:18
I found a couple more bugs in the multiplayer.
1.After somene plays the game for a while, the player is unable to pick up any guns. They walk over it, jump in it etc and it wont pick up.
2. On the main menu, it is not possible to do backspace. Say your typing in your name or IP address and make a mistake, you want to delete that word using backspace, this is not possible as backspace does nothing on the menu, so you have to type it again.
Gijs
Years of Service
User Offline
where can you paste the compasson script? PS. It's just for shure, i'm raising money to buy these mod so i can use it soon!
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2010 22:52
Can anyone help? I'm using 1.7 and I keep getting the error:

texture lock timed out

It is really annoying and in test game. Only happens with Project Blue too! Happens during lightmapping.

My graphics card is : ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.

But I'm sure its not my pc as it's only with PB

Thanks,

Ben

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2010 05:01
Can you narrow down the cause of the problem perhaps?

Incrementally create a level, testing after each addition to see when it happens? That will probably help not only YOU out, but hockeykid so he can fix the problem.

The one and only,

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2010 13:00
hmmm, I deleted a bunch of stuff and changed the lightmapping to 'best for performance' instead of 'best for quality'.

That did the trick for the moment. XD

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2010 19:01
Quote: "I found a couple more bugs in the multiplayer.
2. On the main menu, it is not possible to do backspace. Say your typing in your name or IP address and make a mistake, you want to delete that word using backspace, this is not possible as backspace does nothing on the menu, so you have to type it again."

Can someone at Project Blue please confirm you have read this and fixing it etc. I feel like im being ignored
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2010 23:48
The only one "at Project Blue" is hockeykid and he is currently working on the migration. Please be patient. I have read it, and I'm sure he has, too.

The one and only,

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2010 01:42
alright thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 04:27:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 04:27:35