Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 10:32
Quote: "GraPix, can you check to see if this is a bug in vanilla FPSC as well? (V1.16) And if it is, please notify Lee, so that it may be fixed in V1.17.

If it does not occur in vanilla FPSC, then thank you for reporting it and I'm sure hockeykid will get to the bottom of it when work resumes on Project Blue.
"

Okay, I will check that if I get time (which I get rarely)
The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 19:19 Edited at: 6th Jun 2010 19:20
Hi again, I'm probably just being thick... again, but I'm trying to make a script where, when enter is pressed, it'll switch screenshaders (1 and 3)

here's the first:

and here's the other:

EDIT:the desc = bit is included
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 20:50
Hey, I don't think the command to change between screen shaders in-game even works. I've always tried it in many different scripts yet to no avail.

Possibly a bug, or maybe I am using it incorrectly as well.

[img][/img]
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 21:01
I've used it before and it worked.

Huh.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 21:23
The command you're looking for is called "setscreenshader". You left out the "set" part of the command. Try that and it should work.

The one and only,

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 21:31 Edited at: 6th Jun 2010 21:35
Wowza, I'm gettin' worse. Thanks Ply, testing it now

EDIT: Yay, it works!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been working on a script for pb, but when I use it, all I get is the death hud. Here is my script:

As you can see from the script it is a button type hud for a locked door or whatever. I have attached the files to help.

I think this will help with the improvement of fpsc and project blue. Ply said it was possible to make this script in pb, so that is why I tried it.

Everything should be positioned right from the script as far as the images go and the code I set it up for is " 0911 ". I sent this to both Ply and Hockeykid, but I thought that maybe someone else could have a go at it.

And if someone gets it going be sure to leave the working script for not just me, but others. Thanks and enjoy!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 07:12
Change this:

To this:

From past experience, having the desc ignored will result in the problem you have described. I have also depicted this in a reply to your email.

The one and only,

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it to show the cursor now. Thanks Ply! Now I just need to find out why the hud are not showing. This might take me sometime to get. I am now rewriting the script using Ply's inventory script as a base. Thanks for the help.

Quick question on the huds, why are they not showing at all, but the cursor is? All I changed is the desc and :1 startmenu,hudshow=pointer in the script. Long day for me to see my mistake.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
It could well be the location of the huds. You need them in languagebank\gamecore and not just in the gamecore folder from the FPSC root files. Thats what I have found when messing about with huds. I hope that solves your problems

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 13:23
Thinking of buying PB but, which graphics card can run fullscreen shaders easily?

Abdul Ahad
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
A high-end ATI Radeon HD card, or an nVidia GeForce GTX card, with around 1GB memory. However, nVidia has less problems with certain shaders.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 23:21
It's not absolutely necessary for the card to be high-end. An ATI 3870 HD wouldn't have problems, nor would a nVidia 8800 GTS or the likes.

The one and only,

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that; as long as it's better than the one I have (ATI Xpress)

Sorry about that AbdulAhad and Ply.
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 00:26
I have a 9800GT, and when doing bloom and motionblur I get 30 FPS. So that's a good decision in my book.

And when I get my new computer in what seems like an increasingly long amount of time...I want to do it at 60 FPS. That will make me feel like a god.

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 10:35
Thanks Ply! No problem TerrorNation.

How would a 9600 GT do?

Abdul Ahad
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 23:50
Probably won't do very well if you're going to cram the game full of stuff.

9600 is a low-end card.

The one and only,

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 00:13
Isn't 8800 < 9600?

Or do I know nothing...?

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You need them in languagebank\gamecore "
Got it, but that is not the problem. I am fixing my computer so I will try again.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 02:58
8800 = 8000 series, 800 grade
9600 = 9000 series, 600 grade

The higher series have newer technology, but if it has a lower grade it's still low-end.

The one and only,

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 06:17
Yeah, I had a 9300 which sucked for some odd reason So I upgraded to a 9800 GT.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 07:01
9300 is like.... laptop grade, in my mind.

The one and only,

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 08:33
Thanks for the help Plystire.

Abdul Ahad
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 15:12
Quote: "8800 = 8000 series, 800 grade
9600 = 9000 series, 600 grade"

Ah. I thought it was just linear progression.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 15:59
Project Blue is very good, probably the best mod except for the absence of any Dark AI.

The official V1.17 release will wipe the floor with all the current mods until Project Blue is migrated with it.

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 19:53
I have a question....... in the ply's mod part is there drivable(or controllable) vehicles/ characters?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2010 20:25
So this mod will be implemented into the 1.17 migration? will is still be 28$ or will it increase in price?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 00:44
The price has not changed (much) in the past when new versions were released, so I don't expect it to change very much, if at all, when it's ported into v1.17

But, in the end, it's entirely up to hockeykid on what to do about that.

The one and only,

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 01:47
Especially since (as I have said before many times... Can you tell I'm excited ) the next update is supposed to have Fenix Mod integration as well as using the migration source! PB does seem to be getting massive (feature wise), but being how both Fenix and the v1.17 upgrade are free, it wouldn't make much sense to charge more anyway (though I know I would pay like $50 for it, personally... I know not many would), though, again, it is Hockykid's choice.

I rave about PB, Fenix AND the migration all the time, but truth be told, I haven't even gotten PB yet (mainly for that reason). I'm still using the mod I commissioned off of Plystire (though I still need to finish Physix... Thank goodness that PB has all of the features of the mod I bought anyway )

I know I've been sounding like a broken record around here for the last few months... I'm just sooo excited!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 02:29
Quote: "I know I've been sounding like a broken record around here for the last few months... I'm just sooo excited!"

Not really, gives lee more the reason to continue, I am sure he likes to see people really happy. To be honest, so am I. Personally though, I am a picture person, I love to see pictures of the new stuff.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 05:00
Quote: "I am a picture person, I love to see pictures of the new stuff."

I am kinesthetic. If I can't use it to determine if it's good or not, then by default I'm not happy. That's just how cynical I am, I suppose.

The one and only,

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 19:39
lol ply xD I suppose its just eye candy really. I personally can't wait to see these new features. Sadly however, I am not a single play kind of guy, I lack the creativity for that. I really like the multi player however, I just hope lee does find the time to build on it.

JRBStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 09:35 Edited at: 12th Jun 2010 19:25
How long is the usual wait after payment its been about 2 days so far perhaps this is unusual?

If there is not test then how do we know who's the best?
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 09:39
I have a very intriguing (maybe stupid ) question to ask:

Is it possible to use a script to adjust the camera so that it the player is now moving on a wall or ceiling instead of the (previous) floor? (I'm also asking this on the Fenix Mod thread to see if it can/can't as well.)

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 17:12
Quote: "Is it possible to use a script to adjust the camera so that it the player is now moving on a wall or ceiling instead of the (previous) floor? (I'm also asking this on the Fenix Mod thread to see if it can/can't as well.)"

Yep. You can use camera rotation to achieve the effect.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How long is the usual wait after payment its been about 2 days so far perhaps this is unusual?"

I'm sorry about that, I hadn't been home. I sent it yesterday I would appreciate it if you could confirm that you go it.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 20:10
Quote: "Yep. You can use camera rotation to achieve the effect"

Really?!? With the full range of motion, jumping, crouching, picking things up and the like as well? That seems too easy!

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 20:15
Check out my Nuke video to see some cool camera effects

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 20:35
Quote: "Check out my Nuke video to see some cool camera effects"

Well yeah, your nuke video is awesome , but when you jump when the camera is leaning, it still looks like you're moving on the "standard" ground. I need to find a way to have players move on the ceiling or walls the same way they move on the floor (with jumping, crouching and everything) kinda like the AVP game in WIP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfd9nbp125Y&feature=channel)

He's using EFX, from what I've been told (and I honestly haven't seen any crouching or jumping up there yet ) but that's pretty much what I'm going for. Any ideas?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 23:57
That was a pretty good gameplay mechanic for EFX. Did they do any updates that I'm not aware of?

Well, for achieving the upside down look, just rotate the camera 180 degrees around the Z axis. For making it appear on the ceiling, you can offset the player camera.

You cannot, however, jump or crouch upside down. That would require changing the gravity for the player, which... after my time playing with Lee's ODE system, there isn't an option to alter gravity for a single object; just disable/enable it for them. It would be best to disable (or use for different purposes) those keys while on the "ceiling". From the video, it looks like he's using the jump key to return to the ground.

That's my synopsis on the subject.

The one and only,

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 00:09
Quote: "Well, for achieving the upside down look, just rotate the camera 180 degrees around the Z axis. For making it appear on the ceiling, you can offset the player camera."

Can this be toggled with... I don't know... a switch or something in level?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 03:00
I don't see why not.

The one and only,

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "He's using EFX, from what I've been told "
From what I know from working with predhunt he has had hell666 do a mod for him. I know this with working with him on it. If you look at the top of the screen his mod always says " AVP Mod " That is not efx, but just to confirm it, I will sent an email to him on it.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 06:31
Quote: "9300 is like.... laptop grade, in my mind"

The problem was that it couldn't run FPSC X10 and lagged with other video games. Probably because it was integrated into the motherboard, but now with the 9800 GT.... It's like a god is running my graphics card I really want one of those GTX graphics cards... the 250's. But the price is something I don't want to take...

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quick question. With the bindentitytocam will that work like a hud? The reason I ask is, I was playing sw republic commandos and I noticed that the light reflected off the hud. And the only thing I could think of is a model attached to the cam.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 15:37 Edited at: 17th Jun 2010 15:43
Quote: "From what I know from working with predhunt he has had hell666 do a mod for him. I know this with working with him on it. If you look at the top of the screen his mod always says " AVP Mod " That is not efx, but just to confirm it, I will sent an email to him on it."

Oh, okay... but if Marc and Plystire's idea works, it really doesn't matter much anyway. Speaking of which, @Plystire:

If I offset the player camera, and I... I don't know... look down, see a crate and try to pick it up, I can't, right? Though, if I had a crate on the ceiling and looked at it and tried to lift it, I could, (in theory)... right? Or if I want to move around up there, I wouldn't have to contend with the obstacles below me, just the ones that appear to be near me now, correct?

I really want to get as close to the feeling of actually being on walls and ceilings as possible, you know? It doesn't even have to work exactly like New Hope, just something that works like an actual, useful gameplay mechanic instead of a cheap gimmick

Maybe I'm asking too much

Speaking of which , I wonder if Hockeykid will add the 25 or so lines of code of for FPSC IP integration when he integrates the Migration source and Fenix mod... that would be awesome!

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 22:50 Edited at: 17th Jun 2010 22:52
Hey, since now we can make suggestions again...

What about custom gun flags? As in, in the gunspec for a gun you can do something like:

flags = 2

flag1 = 1
flag2 = 4

And then be able to call them in scripts if you are using it like:

:state=0,gunflag=1 1:state=1
:state=0,gunflag=1 0:state=2

This way enemy AI can react differently to guns in a group, like silenced weapons, explosives, etc.

Like for stealth (assuming flag1 is whether or not it is silenced)

:state=1,noiseheard,gunflag=1 1:rotatetoplr

Something like that. Would that be feasible?

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2010 03:40
okay... i have a question.... i heard the project blue is going to be a free mod in the update 1.8, is that true Plystire ? if it is, COOL hehe... do you have any idea aboult when it will happen ? (IF happen)

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2010 04:36
I'm guessing it's not true.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2010 08:22
@starmind:

Well, yes, that effect could be done with a model "glued" to the camera, but it could also be something as simple as a plain in front of the camera, or some nifty 2D images reacting to lighting that they implemented.

Not everything in a game is as it seems. The trick to getting nice effects off is to fool the player into thinking that you did it the way that they want it to be done, when really, you did it a really cheap way that still looked great.

@Wraith Staff:

No, the camera offset is just an OFFSET. The player's physics body is still on the ground and still interacts WITH the ground. Hence why 3rd person works so well with that.

You're wanting this to be a real feature, reacting as it should, but the gravity just doesn't play that way in FPSC.

@gendestroier:

No, it likely will not be free. I don't know WHERE you heard that, but I don't recall ever saying anything like that.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 00:36:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 00:36:58