Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 20:28
What do I get for My money that dosnt Original FPSC has?

-Can PB handle more polygons?

-Is it faster?

Guess what Aiko and I did this weekend...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 21:11
@Mr Love:

PB boasts a wide assortment of new scripting commands that help to create more powerful and unique scripts. Not only this but there are also many other things PB can do that vanilla cannot.

I suggest you grab the PB manuals and have a read through them. There's much more to be said than I care to post here. You'll find a download for them in the first post.

The one and only,

Only those who sow the seeds of their desires will reap their benefits later.
However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
Tony06270
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 21:25
[French : S'il vous plait les gars, j'ai acheter mod blue mes ma clée n'est pas valide, je vous est envoyez un email a l'adresse : projectblue@rkwebcreations.com

Merci de me répondre au plus vite.]

[English translation : Please guys, I buy blue mod my key is invalid, I contacted at: projectblue@rkwebcreations.com

Thank you responding quickly.]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 23:55
@Tony:

Please contact hockeykid. Tell him you need a new key, and he should be able to help you out.

The one and only,

However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 20:33
This probably has the potential to be an estremely stupid question, but is the PlysMod vehicles script compatible with PB?
If so, anyone got a link to the old thread?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 20:49
The only stupid questions are ones asked out of stupidity, not ignorance. If one is simply ignorant to the answer, then the question itself and ensueing answer hold value.

The vehicle scripts are technically compatible with PB. I would not, however, recommend that you use them. The vehicle script requires that the vehicle itself be a character, and that causes problems. It'll have poor collision, and also seems to act differently when colliding with regular entities versus colliding with segments. Also, since it is a character, it will not tilt when on an angled surface (such as a slope).

So, there are many problems with the vehicle idea, which is why I don't recommend using it.

Hope you understand.

For completion's sake, the vehicle script was given out in one of the Ply's Mod threads. Do a search for "Ply's Mod" and you should be able to find it (It's the newest thread for the newest addition to ply's mod, if memory serves)

The one and only,

Tony06270
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 21:11
[English : Hello, I sent my activation key on your email hockeykid.

Thank you for responding quickly.]

[French : Bonjour, je vous est envoyé ma clé d'activation sur votre email hockeykid.

Merci de me répondre au plus vite.]
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 21:18 Edited at: 12th Jan 2011 21:19
Thanks for the swift reply - I mainly asked for curiosities sake, so it wasn't much of a let down, though I did have a few dreams of levels where you drive a Humvee while your ally mows down a bunch of zombies with a chain-gun

For being thoroughs sake, however, I feel obliged to post the link to anyone who may want it, and well, maybe try it out for myself - would be fun to just play around with.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=128688&b=21

EDIT: Third post down

OFFTOPIC:
Quote: "The only stupid questions are ones asked out of stupidity, not ignorance. If one is simply ignorant to the answer, then the question itself and ensueing answer hold value."

As I had never deemed possible before, I may have found someone as philosophical sounding as my own father.
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 21:59 Edited at: 12th Jan 2011 22:04
Sorry for double post, but I was unsure if I could really add this to the previous one, as it's on a completely different matter.
Anyway.

A small problem with the dual wielding, is that when you use a model pack gun, it has the annoying habit of giving the player four hands. Would we need to re-rig the guns to fix this, or, is there (I know it's probably a no already) a quick-fix to it?

I was planning on only having small weapons, such as pistols and small nachine guns (like the mini Uzi) to be dual wieldable, so one handed honestly wouldn't be too bad. But for those who don't want the extra hastle of, or maybe don't know how to re-rig a gun, I think this is a potential problem.

I'm that thing you catch a glimpse of in the corner of your eye...
The flash when you readjust the rear view mirror...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 22:08
I dont see why You havnt integrated an Options Menu into PB?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 22:36 Edited at: 12th Jan 2011 22:37
@Ikey:

Dual-wielding cannot be made "perfect" with every single model ever created strictly through code. The modeler MUST make their weapon compatible with dual-wielding. Even if I were to do an auto-check for a "two-handed" weapon and attempt to hide the left hand, this would still require the modeler to name their arm limbs appropriately, so that the auto-detection is successful. In any case, it requires the modeler to be aware of dual-wielding at some level and prepare their model for compatability with dual-wielding.

I know Errant made many of his weapons compatible with dual-wielding. Have you tried opening your weapon gunspecs to see if there are any sections referring to dual-wielding that you could utilize? (<--- That'd be the potential quick-fix )

@Mr Love:

Because the Options menu in the official source is still in beta. Merging the PB source with a beta source is not a wise idea. There is SO MUCH code in PB that is not in the official source, it takes forever to do, and so... merging the PB source with every single beta release would become far too much work than necessary. It's just easier and more efficient to merge PB with final release versions of the official source.

If you're referring to making our own Options menu... well, that would be counter-productive, since an options menu is already in the works for the official source, and to make our own would just be wasting time since we would have access to one anyway if we just wait for it.

The one and only,

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 22:57
Hmmmm.... Was that a clew???

Tony06270
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 09:22
[English translation : Hello, What does the "Project_Blue_Downloader.zip" ?]

[French : Bonjour, a quoi sert "Project_Blue_Downloader.zip" ?]

Thank you.
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 00:12 Edited at: 14th Jan 2011 16:04
I can't seem to use the downloader properly? D:
I managed to download the Beta version downloader, but on the actual downloader, it's not worked - I've tried it twice.
It downloads the whole way, then, once finished, I see none of the files?

Tony06270
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 04:17 Edited at: 14th Jan 2011 10:02
Quote: "I can't seem to use the downloader properly? D:
I managed to download the ones on the Beta downloader, but on the actual downloader, it's not worked - I've tried it twice.
It downloads the whole way, then, once finished, I see none of the files?"

I have exactly the same problem...
GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 15th Jan 2011 07:41
@Plystire and @HockeyKid

Email sent. Please respond.
TTTGamesX
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys, i was reading up in another thread that 'CO-OP' mode is possible in PB 1.17? is this true?

Cheers,

-Sonny

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
bug alert

in a build game ..when ever i press escape key..the game does appear ...the cursor is not moving with mouse....it does not respond to mouse....
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2011 16:08
Quote: "Hello guys, i was reading up in another thread that 'CO-OP' mode is possible in PB 1.17? is this true?

"

I don't thinks so

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2011 16:43
Ok, let me clarify this with all of you... CO-OP is two player, and this is not possible. However, teams on multiplayer ARE.
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2011 04:32 Edited at: 16th Jan 2011 06:03
When using Project Blue, you can't disable the shaders. (Or at least I can't) When I do, I get the blue screen. I've simply tried deleting the Mod file, and tried removing the shaders from inside the file, but nothing works. It's either lag with the effects, or have no test/build game possibility?

EDIT:
I reinstalled FPSC entirely, and it looks like either MotionBlur or black+white was what was making it work...

ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK
Posted: 16th Jan 2011 15:28
Ive just bought Project Blue, and when i putted in my key..it standed "Choose a folder". I couldnt make a new folder for some reason, and when i chose a folder and it said it was done...there was no items in the folder. Please help

Nic

shanenine
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased PB but somthing went wrong when i went to replace the folder EXE the folder i downloded to was empty. i downloaded v1.18 eta fisrt so i don't know if that is why but if someone could help me out Thank you
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 00:28
If it appears as though PB did not install, run a search on your computer for "Project Blue" to see if it happened to be installed somewhere else. This seems to have been the case a few times.

The one and only,

Ratall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 11:08
Hi guys
I am currently in the design phase of a game and problem is the game ideally needs fully re-entrant levels ( some thing I suspect may not be possible). I have purchased PB in the belief some of its facilities will help me achieve something close.

Anyway keeping that in mind can any body advise what data is retained between levels

variables etc. is there a way of passing additionall data between levels. Possibly by saving to an external file?

If not what is the chances for some thing in the future.

I have just spent a couple of hours adding the PB stuff from the manual to FPIeditPad (thought that would be quickest way to get aquainted with PB) There is alot in there I know I can use and alot I have yet to make sense of.

Alot of work has gone into PB all praise and thanks to those who contribed.

Rick
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 11:59
As I understand it PB will allow you to move between levels as you say, but the level will be 'reset' when you return to it. i.e. if you kills all the enemies in level 1, go to level 2 and then return back to Level 1, all the enemies will have returned.

All global variables are retained between levels.

I don't believe there is any method of writing to files in any of the Mods.

I believe RPGMod provides fully returnable levels.

[url="http://raptr.com/No_Turn_Right?src=em_forum"][/url]
Tony06270
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 12:20
Quote: "If it appears as though PB did not install, run a search on your computer for "Project Blue" to see if it happened to be installed somewhere else. This seems to have been the case a few times.

The one and only,"

[English translation : Hello, no there is no file on my pc on Project Blue, I did a search and found nothing.

Thank you for. If you can send me all files manually it would be cool.]

[French : Bonjour, non il n'y a aucun fichier sur mon pc concernant project blue, j'ai fait une recherche et il trouve rien.

Merci de votre. Si vous pouvez m'envoyer touts les fichiers manuellement sa serait cool.]
Ratall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 12:44
hi
thanks for the response Ched80.
I had already picked up on nextlevel action.
Thanks for confirming global variables which I did suspected.

RPGMod is no longer available.

I suspect I can get part way using global variables and nextlevel.

do you know if Global variables are saved/restored by savegame/loadgame.

Rick
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 23:11
@Ratall:

Last time I checked (not sure if this has changed), global variables were not saved and will not restore when loading a saved game. Perhaps in future versions of PB there will either be the addition of saved variables, or the addition of writing to files (and reading from them).. or both! I suspect using either of those approaches, you would be able to get what you're after.

@Tony:

If you're still experiencing install problems of PB, please contact hockeykid and request either a new download key or for the files directly.

The one and only,

Ratall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2011 04:51
Plystire

just had a look at the standard FPSC code. As I read it in the standard code from 7.5 extras FPSC has been saving it's 100 globals since version 109 beta4(line 33676) and 100 locals per entity since V113beta4 (line 33683).
If PB doesn't do the same then it is a big step backwards.

The big problems for me using saved games for re-entrant levels is

a) quicksave/load only allows 1 save (I'd need 1 per level)
b) quickload overwrites too much data (resetting all player data as it should).

What is need for re-enterant levels is a version of quicksave/load that allows multiple different savefiles and

a) allows you to choose whether to reload all the data or some subsets of it.

and/or

b) a type of global is provided that does not get saved or over written by the load (the valus could then be preserved for a normal save by copying into standard global). In a re-entrant level these could be used to preserve player data etc.

I think I may have just made a feature request?

for the time being I'm in a catch 22 on one hand I need to restore as much data as possable when re-entering a level on the other I need to preserve data between levels.

Rick
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
I filled out the personal key and used the folder c:\Project Blue (OS Windows 7).

However after downloading the files were not in this folder. Then I tried again to use the download tool but it shows the message the key is already used.

Send an email but got the message 'Mailbox unavailable/command rejected for policy reasons/no access' back.

Any solution for this?

Smart Packer Pro - Distribute games and applications
3DRad V-Packer - Compress 3DRad files into one executable
Flash Packer - Pack your Flash movies
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
qucik question about project blue is there an installer or do i have to place abunch of files were they go like fenix mod? cause i never got fenix mod to work proper and no one was willing to help me fix that problem but i really want project blue ?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2011 07:13
@Ratall:

I see. I'm not sure if Project Blue will have requests implemented for quite some time. If you'd like you may email me with details about what you're doing and I may be able to respond with suggestions in the mean time.

@mrniceguy:

Quote: "If it appears as though PB did not install, run a search on your computer for "Project Blue" to see if it happened to be installed somewhere else. This seems to have been the case a few times."

If that is not the case, email hockeykid for a replacement key.

@sic1ne:

PB currently has an installer... though many people have been having troubles with it. When it installs you will need to just copy everything in the installed folder into your FPS Creator folder.

The one and only,

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks plystire appreciate the help!
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Plystire, I emailed hockeykid already.

Smart Packer Pro - Distribute games and applications
3DRad V-Packer - Compress 3DRad files into one executable
Flash Packer - Pack your Flash movies
Master Gman
Years of Service
User Offline
I am just curious but what version of FPSC Creator is best for PB (most stable)? I know it has to be v117 or v118c (beta). Thanks!

I want your babies
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2011 01:52
well since v1.18 is a beta, v1.17 is the most stable option that is up to date. that being said, it really isnt very stable. If you want functionality purely, go with v1.15, for features, go with 1.18. Though many people disagree over the most stable version, it certainly isn't v1.17 or 1.18. That being said, those are the only two available for PB. wait for the full release of v1.18 and you should be good to go.
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 18:50 Edited at: 31st Jan 2011 21:40
in a build game ..when ever i press escape key..the game menu does appear ...the cursor is not moving with mouse....it does not respond to mouse....
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 18:43
I think that bug has been mentioned before. I'm sure hockeykid has looked into it. Hopefully we can see a fix for it in the next update.

The one and only,

Ratall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 06:06 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2011 06:19
Received the update email todate tried the new downloader that that is supposed to fix the missing files after a successfully
? download problem.

It does not correct the problem.

Correction It does not work if you use the new folder option. If the folder is already created it does work.
I still feel the following applies.

With these continual download problems
the non-availablity of the source
and the slow down in development
conbined with constant improvements in core fpsc product I am starting wonder about the viablity of this mod.
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Erm... it downloaded pb v 1.8a for me:S but the file size is identical with the former update , pb v 1.8c . :S
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 16:01
I normally dont post here because I dont much like this forum, but I need to say one thing.

PB was a awesome mod. It's still pretty cool, but it is way way way slower than it used to be. And now it has this dumb, annoying, pitiful downloading system, which will do absolutely nada to help protect it from piracy. All one would have to do is download it, zip it up and redistribute the mod. It doesn't help at all.
So yeah, I'm kind of annoyed that every time i want to DL PBUM, I have to use this system. :/

I am Southern, and I love Grits. Feel free to ask me what grits are if your a yankee
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 19:22 Edited at: 6th Feb 2011 21:47
EDIT: Misleading question.. sorry
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 19:57
Please be patient guys. Hockeykid is working on making sure FPSC is STABLE before he can work on getting the mod stable. You all need to realize that he is working on the engine at a fast rate of speed to bring fixes and new features to the table, that it would be impossible and retarded to update PB every single time a new update comes out. When the official 1.18 comes out I guarantee you he will update and fix all the problems with PB. It will take some time. Please be patient.

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Soviet176

My sentiments exactly. I was just wondering whether this was recently sent out as an update for the installer problems or if it had V1.18 compatibility (which I had doubted anyway)
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 22:40
Thank you for the shared concerns, everyone.

I too am disappointed with the PB downloader, unfortunately having to hear of all the trouble it is causing. It was used in an attempt to speed distribution to our customers. Seeing as how many times the downloader causes more problems than it solves, I will speak with hockeykid about an alternative.

@Ratall:

Your concerns regarding the viability of this Mod are not misplaced, but I can assure you that although vanilla has been getting a boost of great features, PB will follow suit in due time.

The one and only,

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 23:30 Edited at: 4th Feb 2011 23:40
what version fpsc for PB1.8a thats the one I got the other day.
I saw somewhere PB 1.8c I don't have that one.

mk83 Productions
basics man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 16:37 Edited at: 7th Feb 2011 06:38
I bought PB few days ago, but I keep getting crashes in built game after first level.
And the pause menu doesn't work eather. The cursor is just stuck there.
They work just fine when i'm not using PB.
Any idea how to fix this?

Cheers!

I got that crashing bug fixed, but the pause menu still ain't working...
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 20:38 Edited at: 6th Feb 2011 20:41
Quote: "what version fpsc for PB1.8a thats the one I got the other day.
I saw somewhere PB 1.8c I don't have that one."

Probably still works with 1.18 beta 1,however, I still suggest you use 1.17 currently. It is MUCH less buggy.

Quote: "Erm... it downloaded pb v 1.8a for me:S but the file size is identical with the former update , pb v 1.8c . :S "

1.8c is the newer update, I believe. It'll be on the Beta downloader, and well, in a seperate folder, containing only 1.18c.

Quote: "Are any of you aware whether this version of Project Blue is compatible with V1.18 Beta 7?"

You can't REALLY expect them to update the mod for every beta... Sure, it would be nice to have PB compatible with TF-341 already, but the fact is, there's no point in doing it for the beta's after the first.

Once 1.18 is out for good, I am sure that PB will be updated, until then, it's unreasonable to ask for more. Hockeykid is helping with getting 1.18 out of beta from what I've seen.

The downloader is not really to do with piracy. It's quick distributing. The first version of it caused tonnes of errors, however, the updated one works perfectly. The only problem is the one-download limit. It's a feature, not a bug, but has proved problematic for many. I've been unable to use PB for a short while, though, because I'm using TF-341. Can not WAIT for a chance to use the two together...

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Ikey
Quote: "You can't REALLY expect them to update the mod for every beta... Sure, it would be nice to have PB compatible with TF-341 already, but the fact is, there's no point in doing it for the beta's after the first."

I know that, and I knew it before I asked the question. I just wasn't sure why there was an 'update' sent out.

PS I also cannot wait for PB and TF-341 together either!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:42:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:42:18