Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
but freeze menu....its a basic..bug..you need to fix it or stop selling PB
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 09:50
*Cough*
*Cough*

Ratall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 11:19
Veer
Caveat emptor
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 21:58
hey, i would like to change where project blue um updates are sent to.

so i can have them sent to my new email. who do i talk to about this?

[img][/img]
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hey, i would like to change where project blue um updates are sent to."

Hi,
Send me an email and tell me current email its using at what you want it to be changed to.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 05:29 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 07:15
Important Announcement!

Hello Project Blue Owners,
We all know that production on Project Blue has been very slow. This is because of how much code Project Blue has. The vast features of Project Blue have caused the stability of the mod to crumble due to limitations of DBPro. Now, unfortunately DBPro is not perfect and is certainly not a as flexible as other languages such as C++. I have found that the DBPro code compiler has limits to how large data structures can be (most importantly UDTs), if I were to go past this limit it would cause Project Blue to be uncompilable and unfortunately Project Blue has hit this cap, actually I had to work around the issue to integrate V117 which is why it took me so long.

Unfortunately this work around comes at a cost, and its one that FPSC cannot handle. To continue to add features to Project Blue would force me to use this work around, this work around would consume more virtual memory which we all know that FPSC does not have any to spare.

This post is here to inform you that Project Blue will soon be finalized, I do plan on fixing as many bugs as possible before releasing the official version of Project Blue V1.8 after that Project Blue will still be for sale but will not be receiving updates for now.I would appreciate it if people would post their bug reports here:
http://code.google.com/p/fpsc-project-blue/issues/list

This will allow me to keep track of the bugs easily.

Now in a little bit I will be announcing a new mod, one that will be a "fresh start" and will be going in a different direction then Project Blue.So anyone who has purchased Project Blue from the very beginning to now will be getting a discount (not sure by how much yet).

Hopefully you guys can understand.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 09:18
Ok, big news but also exciting with the direction of the new mod.

One Question: Will project Blue support V118 or only V117?

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 14:56 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 14:57
Alright sounds good.

Hopefully it's more graphically intense with more flexibility between FS3 system. Yet almost as powerful when it comes to scripting. Especially some new coding commands of some sort. Something new and unique to push the mod.

[img][/img]
SonOfLight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 18:31
Sound pretty good to me I am also excited to see what the new mod is going to be like. I would've done the same thing to. To use project blue as a stepping stone to something more awesome!!!!!
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 19:09
Please tell me that all this is after integrating 118?!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Please tell me that all this is after integrating 118?!"

Hi Wraith,
Unfortunately no, V118 expands the data structures WAY to much for the entity additions and weapon additions. PB can't handle the expansion of these data structures.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 21:04 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 21:12
Quote: "I would've done the same thing to. To use project blue as a stepping stone to something more awesome!!!!! "

I think you misunderstand. The new mod is 1.18 based not PB based. (Though 1.18 includes the mainstreamed aspects of PB)

I personally would have loved seeing PB get some of the 1.18 features like the full DAI, gun stuff and hit detection instead of water and some other stuff I never use but surely anything removed would be missed by someone. I guess it's the nature of a mod so big as PB.

It's had a good run

edit: I'll add some bugs to the DB later this week with proper repro steps/script unless someone else beats me to them. Namely the ammo in gun internal var recognition and the sticky block anims.
NinjaKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 03:50
Awww man!
I just saved up enough money to buy PB and used it for awhile and now I'm gonna have to buy another mod?

-Ninjakiller
SonOfLight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 18:14 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 18:37
@Errant AI.

Yeah. I supose thats true. But mostly in my point of view I was mainly looking for just better frame rate thats when I saw PB. I just figured eh the other stuff is just a plus to what I been looking for really.
Even then I was abit suprizes at what DB can do to its limits ( on the counts its still buggy.)
But if they can push that far in it. I would like to see the better stuff they can do now, now that its increasing and more doors are open. Idk ... Thats just how I think.... I like to see how far I can go.
then work with it and make something good in that. But... then agin working with DB makes you feel like your in a box...Not to flexible like C/ or Java script.

-SOL
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
i think double the map size is what we need now
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 20:07
Hi all! I need a little help. I'm trying to use custom cameras (one of the scripts which came with PB, SecCam.fpi, I think), but when the engine switches to the custom camera I got a green screen. It happens only with the "bindcamtoentity" command..Why am I getting this? (sry for bad english)
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 20:50
Well..problem solved. Just forgot to use the "setcamfov" command
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 02:53
I don't have a google account, but if someone could report that water does not work with PB installed that would be great.
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 07:58
Well dang. The last big thing I was waiting for other than stability fixes was 118's ingame option menus to be added. I'm a very sad panda

New sig in the process of being made
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@raymondlee306

As far as I knew, water was never a feature of PB because it only works with v1.17 (not v1.18 as it is not final).
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2011 00:39
Does Project Blue Work With Version 1.17 for FPS Creator Free?
Also does Fenix Mod work on FPS Creator Free Version 1.16 or only 1.15?

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2011 00:33
Can Project Green get a weapon that is a glove that shoots decals like Project Blue?

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2011 15:24
New bug:

Windows 7 SP1 seems to have effected the way PB1.8C and other Project Blue versions test/compile. Lee has stated he's fixed it in Beta 118 but you'll have to apply it to Project Blue for it to test and built games/levels.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "New bug:

Windows 7 SP1 seems to have effected the way PB1.8C and other Project Blue versions test/compile. Lee has stated he's fixed it in Beta 118 but you'll have to apply it to Project Blue for it to test and built games/levels."

Fixed, I'm going to wait a few days to get cracking on the other ones to see if any more get posted.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 11:10
Quote: "Fixed, I'm going to wait a few days to get cracking on the other ones to see if any more get posted."

Thanks buddy. My game would be nowhere without you and Project Blue!

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lewis

Same here. It's a shame we can't see PB develop into the realms of V1.18 and beyond
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 21:22
@hockeykid You could make it open-source (for personal use) for people who purchased and then that way users can rip and add things as they see fit... don't make me beg

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 22:08 Edited at: 26th Feb 2011 22:10
@Wraith Staff, problem with that is sooner or later, I'd imagine we'd more than likely start seeing 'new' closed-source commercial mods popping up here and there with duel wielding, and strangely, several other features familiar to Project Blue.

Kravenwolf

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@hockeykid You could make it open-source (for personal use) for people who purchased and then that way users can rip and add things as they see fit... don't make me beg "

Sorry but no.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 01:46
So at this point there is absolutely no way to get in game option changing out of PB, period?

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 02:05
I dont care much about the source as long as Project Blue can run smoothly with as little errors as possible!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 03:50
Personally, if people want the source bad enough, they can buy it directly from hockeykid for a larger-than-normal price. After that, go nuts! Make a new Mod for all I care! License would state that you can't redistribute the source in any way shape or form (including Mods) without express permission from hockeykid. There... you would get have your source and eat it too

Thing is, and I know it take a while for some people to learn this, bless their little hearts, but many people in the world are just a-holes, so it comes without saying that when you own something that makes you money, you gotta protect your secret recipe at all costs, lest the turds out there find it and give it away willy nilly, because they wouldn't care how much hard work just went down the drain, THEY didn't work on it!

The one and only,

Only those who sow the seeds of their desires will reap their benefits later.
However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So at this point there is absolutely no way to get in game option changing out of PB, period?"

What do you mean by "in game option" :S ?

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 04:51

An in-game option(s)/setting(s) menu.

I know I may seem whiny, I'm not trying to... really. That's all I need from to really complete my PB "experience" at this point. A long while back, I commissioned Ply for a custom mod that would have all my team "needed" to complete our game. Bits where already in Ply's mod and things like the tractor beam bits were my idea... Then Ply asked if he could add it to PB, and I was more than okay with that. After the migration hit I then saw all the awesome things I wanted to make our project "perfect". The only option for us, with Ply no longer able to update "Physmod" (as we called it) was to purchase PB, which had even more things that just made my "day". Now as I stand on the edge of a near completed project (sorta kinda), all I can do is see the one feature I DON'T have... that's why I may seem overly insistent or snippy. Sorry about that It's just my one last piece of the puzzle and to call myself a perfectionist is a vast understatement.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 05:13
I agree 100% with wraithstaff that this is a necessary feature.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I know I may seem whiny, I'm not trying to... really. That's all I need from to really complete my PB "experience" at this point. A long while back, I commissioned Ply for a custom mod that would have all my team "needed" to complete our game. Bits where already in Ply's mod and things like the tractor beam bits were my idea... Then Ply asked if he could add it to PB, and I was more than okay with that. After the migration hit I then saw all the awesome things I wanted to make our project "perfect". The only option for us, with Ply no longer able to update "Physmod" (as we called it) was to purchase PB, which had even more things that just made my "day". Now as I stand on the edge of a near completed project (sorta kinda), all I can do is see the one feature I DON'T have... that's why I may seem overly insistent or snippy. Sorry about that It's just my one last piece of the puzzle and to call myself a perfectionist is a vast understatement."

Add it to the issues list, even though it's not an issue it will be a reminder for me.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 07:57
I think I submitted it satisfactorily . Thank you sooo much hockeykid!

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
what about freeze menu...i can't released my game...
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 23:25
Quote: "what about freeze menu...i can't released my game... "

I've got the same issue, but dont worry, I'm sure Hockeykid will fix the issue soon

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I've got the same issue, but dont worry, I'm sure Hockeykid will fix the issue soon"

hope so...
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2011 08:20
THANK YOU, hockeykid!

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2011 10:19
No offence, but wouldnt fixing bugs come first before adding in new features? I mean fair enough its good and all, but the game needs to be well, yknow, playable?

It's kinda of like having a car with flame vinyls and a spoiler with neon lights.. without a working engine. The engine is needed for the car to run, but the spoiler and fancy parts arent.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No offence, but wouldnt fixing bugs come first before adding in new features? I mean fair enough its good and all, but the game needs to be well, yknow, playable?"

It didn't take me very long, and in the end it was going to happen anyways.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 20:01
How's the bug fixing coming along? Did you manage to replicate the errors?

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi 'I'm new and i'm very noob!!!!LOL

i want to know f Pb is fully compatible with the patch 1.1.8 beta9 anf if thereis a guide step by step for the installation of the patch..

sorry for my english but I'm Italian..
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2011 04:32
@JC LEON
I highly doubt it. Ply said it himself that it wouldn't reach 1.18. It may work on 1.17 but I'm not sure. I do know that it works on 1.16 like Project Green. If you are thinking about getting PB then get PG first. If you can script and actually use PG then you can use PB. Most people get PB thinking it comes built in with everything you see in the video when it doesn't come with any of it(then they whine and complain).

It is able to do all the stuff in videos like "Decal Override" but you must script the weapon or use the free spell kit that EAI is handing out. Have fun with it.

The Modder... Unleashed,

God help me, Please.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
@ 2Beastmode4u
Thank you for your reply..but in the fist page of this thread , in the Pb system requiremens s specified that:

Requires v.1.17 or 1.18beta1 so i thiks th it can work on beta9 too..

but I'm not sure ...
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
AND here i can manage features of the mod? which are the commands on game?
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2011 17:14
@JC LEON,

Please dont double post. Edit your posts in future.

Everything comes with a Manual that you can read and learn the features of Project Blue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 06:49:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 06:49:35