Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2011 03:09
Quote: "Quote: "Hockeykid,
Will items like MP53 be working with the finalized version? I tried it when they first came out and they just stood there and shook violently"

I actually integrated the V118 Dark AI since I knew that Mp53 would be a big deal. So they should work like a charm!"

Thank for the reply, but still a no go on my end. The characters now run through all 2500+ frames of animations that they are programs with and when shot they stop mid fall and freeze (which is kinda cool). I built a level with Stock 118 Beta 12 and it ran fine characters fought and did what they where told. Ran it with the new PB and got the animation playing over and over. Was it tested with 1.18 BETA 12 or should I be using an older version?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thank for the reply, but still a no go on my end. The characters now run through all 2500+ frames of animations that they are programs with and when shot they stop mid fall and freeze (which is kinda cool). I built a level with Stock 118 Beta 12 and it ran fine characters fought and did what they where told. Ran it with the new PB and got the animation playing over and over. Was it tested with 1.18 BETA 12 or should I be using an older version?"

I'll run some more solid test before the next beta.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well, saving an loading a level works fine for me, but if I load the saved level, I am unable to use the pause menu, it simply does not show up. "

Please add it to the issues list.

Quote: "another bug maybe ....whenever you step in win zone it goes complete dark.....next level start
unlike the usual fade in..."

Fixed

Added footstepsound=x to toggle entity foot step sounds
Added plrfootstepsound=x to toggle player foot step sounds

These were added because they were requested, can be used along with a lot of PB features (such as driving) and were a simple addition.

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
as project blue is going to ends

please stop adding feature....

try to make it as stable that it can be.....
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 12:44
Quote: "as project blue is going to ends

please stop adding feature....

try to make it as stable that it can be..... "

I requested the feature because it's a feature that is so easy to code that it wont cause any errors. Look at what the two actions do: They just enable/disable footstep sounds for the player and entities. How on earth is that going to cause errors for anything else?

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr. Hockeykid,

do you expect the full version to be released this month? If it is not possible, or you expect it in the end of next month, I will release my game(Conscious) with the original 1.17. (does not worth to publish a commercial game with non-working saved games.)

Thank you very much!

Zoltan
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I requested the feature because it's a feature that is so easy to code that it wont cause any errors. Look at what the two actions do: They just enable/disable footstep sounds for the player and entities. How on earth is that going to cause errors for anything else?"

not sure about it....but v 117 is not very stable....its overtime for Hockeykid
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2011 10:44
Quote: "These were added because they were requested, can be used along with a lot of PB features (such as driving) and were a simple addition."

assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 22:23 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 22:25
Oh, by the way: did anyone notice that all built games with the new update crash upon starting(the real v1.8C2)?
Since nobody complained i thought it might be my mistake but i found nothing i could have possibly done wrong with installing the new update, so i would like to confirm if this happened to someone else.

greetings, Daniel

Israeli self defense? Isn't that Jew-do?
Ein Metaller friert nicht,
er zittert vor Wut weil es nicht kälter ist!
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
run fpsc cleaner first then build your
game

also run hard disk cleaner
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 20:49
I see that more bugs are getting cleared... Is there some sort of countdown of ETA? I'm getting excited

New sig in the process of being made
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I see that more bugs are getting cleared"

Just so you know I marked your decal bug as invalid, I tried ever decal I have,all of them worked fine.

Quote: "Is there some sort of countdown of ETA?"

Not yet

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 18:06
Yeah, something was wrong with ALL of my decals. I deleted my entire decal folder and ran repair and it fixed itself I felt stupid.

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
when we can hope for ...next beta release
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "when we can hope for ...next beta release"

Once I fix issues 15 and 18 (which should hopefully not be much longer) I can release the next beta. Issues 13 and 17 will take me a bit longer

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 04:10
I may have a new bug, but I hate adding them without conformation (as it usually ends up with me having egg on my face )... Is anyone else having a problem with transparency? I have something textured true black with an alpha channel to boot (with no shaders). When I run a test game, it's completely gone (as I wanted ) but when I actually make a build it's textured black... odd

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 11:37
Why dont you just use the alpha fpi command to make the entity not appear but still be there? You dont have to worry about having any alpha channels then.

I think it's setalphafade.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 20:03
Why? Because I didn't know it existed! Thanks for that Lewis, it worked like a charm! I never thought of fixing a graphical issue with scripting before

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2011 10:10 Edited at: 7th May 2011 10:14
I have a problem with model pack 53. All the characters just stand there and do nothing (looks like they're stuck): there's no script that is working...help! (I'm using the last PB update Beta 2)

edit: I've just looked into the google code and have seen that the problem was already there.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "edit: I've just looked into the google code and have seen that the problem was already there."

Hi,
Yes this is one of the issues i'm working on. Unfortunately this ones going to take me a bit of time to work out because the cause of it isn't an easy one to track down. But hang in there and the new beta should hopefully be out soon.

Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
hockeykid, for reference, I sold the domain name I used for registration of PB so I won't receive any updates, how do I go about changing this?

I will be unable to confirm because I don't have access to the domain anymore, but can provide whatever details you will need. Looking forward to an update!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hockeykid, for reference, I sold the domain name I used for registration of PB so I won't receive any updates, how do I go about changing this?

I will be unable to confirm because I don't have access to the domain anymore, but can provide whatever details you will need. Looking forward to an update!"

Send me an email providing me with your serial key and your new email.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 12:40
Quick question: Are the check boxes for menus in PB? There are sooo many references to scripts in like 10 million versions of things that it's hard to keep track! Also is there some sort of code for slide bars in menus as well? I just don't know!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quick question: Are the check boxes for menus in PB? There are sooo many references to scripts in like 10 million versions of things that it's hard to keep track! Also is there some sort of code for slide bars in menus as well? I just don't know! "

All the commands that allowed those to be possible in Vanilla are in Project Blue (only I merged it all into a single command).

As for slide bars I don't think Vanilla can do that, but you technically could with project blue by using the $MMX and $MMY internal variables

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2011 02:05
will release a version compatible with 1.18. final, and compatible with the model pack 53?

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2011 20:35
I sure hope a new beta comes out soon

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I sure hope a new beta comes out soon "

As do I though, though issue #13, #15, and #18 are proving to be more difficult to track down than anticipated.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2011 08:04
Is #8 anywhere on your to-do after the others?

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2011 12:16
Hey hockeykid, do we already have support to v1.18 polygon-hit detection?
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 18:41 Edited at: 23rd May 2011 19:27
@ Hockeykid : plrspeed doesnt seem to work for me. Heres the script I am using it in. Im pretty new to scripting so maybe I'm using it wrong.

Edit: Nevermind it was a problem with my script It seems to work like this now.

I recently learned to sleep with my eyes open. ..... God am I tired
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 19:22
There is nothing lowering the health of your player in that script... A hurt zone won't lower health without the right command. I could do that script for you. Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 19:25 Edited at: 23rd May 2011 19:27
@2beastmode-Sorry about that i should have changed the header. I had just deleted a script I was working and started that one without changing the description.
Fixed now. What the script does is slow the the players speed as his health gets lower

I recently learned to sleep with my eyes open. ..... God am I tired
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 17:39
Does anyone know if this will be updated to v1.18 as a last upgrade? Or will PB be stuck forever at 1.17? Would be a shame because v1.18 has some core essential features pretty much required in any game engine like a proper settings menu and anti aliasing :/ The poly perfect hit detection and water are nice features too.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 18:33
@Marc Steene if i remember correctly he said there will be a ver for 1.18 on the final source

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 19:09
Awesome That just made my day.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
He is NOT integrating V1.18 into Project Blue. This is a post from page 32:

Quote: "Hello Project Blue Owners,
We all know that production on Project Blue has been very slow. This is because of how much code Project Blue has. The vast features of Project Blue have caused the stability of the mod to crumble due to limitations of DBPro. Now, unfortunately DBPro is not perfect and is certainly not a as flexible as other languages such as C++. I have found that the DBPro code compiler has limits to how large data structures can be (most importantly UDTs), if I were to go past this limit it would cause Project Blue to be uncompilable and unfortunately Project Blue has hit this cap, actually I had to work around the issue to integrate V117 which is why it took me so long.

Unfortunately this work around comes at a cost, and its one that FPSC cannot handle. To continue to add features to Project Blue would force me to use this work around, this work around would consume more virtual memory which we all know that FPSC does not have any to spare.

This post is here to inform you that Project Blue will soon be finalized, I do plan on fixing as many bugs as possible before releasing the official version of Project Blue V1.8 after that Project Blue will still be for sale but will not be receiving updates for now.I would appreciate it if people would post their bug reports here:
http://code.google.com/p/fpsc-project-blue/issues/list

This will allow me to keep track of the bugs easily.

Now in a little bit I will be announcing a new mod, one that will be a "fresh start" and will be going in a different direction then Project Blue.So anyone who has purchased Project Blue from the very beginning to now will be getting a discount (not sure by how much yet).

Hopefully you guys can understand."
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 16:55
Quote: "As do I though, though issue #13, #15, and #18 are proving to be more difficult to track down than anticipated."

Must be very, very difficult

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Must be very, very difficult "

Exams and stuff just ended, I have a few things to finish up then I'll be back on this.

I think I'll have a chat with Ply as he knows his way around the PB source a bit better.

DonWON
Years of Service
User Offline
In all honesty I would love to see the new mod started even tho I bought this one and many others..lol. Was a fun mod but as mentioned in the first post, it will consume to much memory. Not many people have PC's like the one I test on so its hard to know if its working good or its just my 6 core processor and 1g video card doing its job.

Please start the new one ;]

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 03:37
Quote: "Please start the new one ;]"

Apex will be an amazing mod. Hockey Kid has been busy, he is still working on Apex. Do not worry, he has not cancelled it. Plus HK is only updating PB to the final version. He is not going any farther with it. Just make sure to keep an eye out on the Apex thread

DonWON
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds great

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 06:12
Any updates on the bug fixes?

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Any updates on the bug fixes?"

Hi Lewis, I'm actually going to be working on this for a good while tonight. Hopping that I can get all the bugs knocked out of the way.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 11:26
I have a couple of questions, if anyone wants to help me in answering them

1. I heard that FPSC 1.18 supports full screen shaders, so why can i not get motion blur with the stock 1.18? (no mod)

2. Is there any speed increase/decrease with PB?

3. If i were to buy it, would now be a good time? As im reading, a lot of people are stating that there are some bugs. Im fine with some bugs, but if it's anything major i might reconsider buying this...

4. If i did buy it, how does that work? As in, do i like do some sort of Paypal thing to buy it?

If anyone can answer these questions, it will make me happy! Especially 1!

-Josh
Website is under construction
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "1. I heard that FPSC 1.18 supports full screen shaders, so why can i not get motion blur with the stock 1.18? (no mod)"

Project Blue uses a different full-screen shader system.

Quote: "2. Is there any speed increase/decrease with PB?"

Increase

Quote: "3. If i were to buy it, would now be a good time? As im reading, a lot of people are stating that there are some bugs. Im fine with some bugs, but if it's anything major i might reconsider buying this..."

Here is a list of the currently reported bugs
http://code.google.com/p/fpsc-project-blue/issues/list

I'm hoping to have them fixed in the next few days.

Quote: "4. If i did buy it, how does that work? As in, do i like do some sort of Paypal thing to buy it?"

Paypal is used to make the payment, after the payment is received an email with your serial number, and download link will be sent to the email that is linked to your Paypal.

To purchase Project Blue, go here:
http://www.rkwebcreations.com/projectblue/

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 20:27
Alright sounds good! Now i just have to get my mom to buy it for me XD

-Josh
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
1. I heard that FPSC 1.18 supports full screen shaders, so why can i not get motion blur with the stock 1.18? (no mod)

just changed post processing=2 in setup...u will have motion
blur

2 If i were to buy it, would now be a good time? As im reading, a lot of people are stating that there are some bugs. Im fine with some bugs, but if it's anything major i might reconsider buying this...

wait until the bug get fixed....
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 22:53
Well it's not really motion blur, it just blurs out things that are far in front of you. Im talking about when you move the mouse the things around you blur...

And i will wait for all of the bugs to be fixed before i buy it...

Anyways thanks for replying veer!

-Josh
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 23:07
Quote: " post processing=2 in setup...u will have motion "

That's Depth of field,not motion blur.

Samotnijat vylk nasred gorata.
-3D,2D Artist,Animator,Web developer and Programmer.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 01:09
Wait so would like post processing = 3, would that give me motion blur? Actually how about this, what is post processing? That might help me in understanding all of this...

Also, would depth of field and motion blur be to much....blur?

-Josh

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 19:16:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 19:16:50