Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2011 17:26
@JC LEON
You can experiment with PB to see what it works on. Good luck.

The Modder... Unleashed,

God help me, Please.
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 11:43
I need some help with the XRMod rain effect. I've read many times Red Eye's PB guide, but I can't get it to work. I know it's easier using a particle rain decal, but just want to try: I want to use the "raininzone" command so I can have rain just in some areas (useful for outdoor/indoor transitions). Someone has a working script for this?
DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 19:36
I could be wrong but without PB we wouldn't have reached v1.18 of FPSC. So hail to PB even if it remains in v1.17. It's still a beatiful animal.

Riccardo
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2011 11:22
DarthBasicVader You hit the nail right on the head

New sig in the process of being made
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2011 00:18 Edited at: 8th Mar 2011 00:27
ok,, can someone explain me how file mod.ini works??

i have edited the file in the follow mode but i didn't see any variation in the game

where wrong I m?

nb.sorry for my bad english
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2011 04:03
@JC LEON:

Can you please show us a before and after image of your test map? One without the FS3 (change "screenshaders" to 0) and one with the FS3.

The one and only,

Only those who sow the seeds of their desires will reap their benefits later.
However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
xhogan89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2011 11:42
hockey, can you change my email to sent for the pb? my purchase email is nilox00@live.it can u resend me the project blue because i lost it and the installer key dont work? my new email: xhogan89x@gmail.com
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 21:40
There going to be an update with the bugfixes this year?

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There going to be an update with the bugfixes this year?"

i thought PB is done and over
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
*Fixed bug causing weapon scripts to crash application.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 00:19
Is it possible to get the latest fix and features sent out before the other fixes? It's just that I havent been able to work on my game, test or build anything for about 2 weeks now due to the damn windows sp1 bug.. >.<

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is it possible to get the latest fix and features sent out before the other fixes? It's just that I havent been able to work on my game, test or build anything for about 2 weeks now due to the damn windows sp1 bug.. >.<"

I Lewis, unfortunately I can't for the same reason I said it the email. I'm hoping to have it finished up real soon, I've been working on this pause screen issue but so far I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 04:47
A couple things:

1. Full screen shaders don't seem to work in builds, only in tests (and that's only with Mod.ini as the v1.17 settings do nothing).

2. Weird collision issues. I have a static platform that I set a crate on and the the crate starts flopping around like it's full of tribbles.

I thought I had a few more, but I'm drawing a blank

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Hockeykid, soon, I will have to release my game, but I still haven't made my mind up about which version to use. Original FPSC 1.17, or PB with 1.16 version. The menu does not work in the recent version of PB, so it can't be. Is the PB 1.8a (that you sent me almost a year ago) the most stable, solid, best version to use with 1.16?
Please tell the truth if it is not good enough, we are making a commercial game.

Thank you very much!

Zoltán Szikra-Tóth

http://www.conscious-game.com
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I've been working on this pause screen issue but so far I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it."

its the cursor that is not...moving..i thought i might be easy to solve it....
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 12:06
Quote: "its the cursor that is not...moving..i thought i might be easy to solve it.... "

It's not just that, its the whole graphics update, the fading in and out of huds, showing and hiding images, all that. everything works but graphically you cant see it happen.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 01:57
That is correct, the screen simply isn't updating when the game is paused. It's not an easy issue to track down, especially since you can't have streaming debug info on screen (it wouldn't update).

I'm sure hockeykid will find the solution soon enough. Thank you for being patient, guys.

The one and only,

However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 03:31
Can anyone confirm my bugs before I post them on the site?

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2011 18:44
Any updates?

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
@hockeykid

can you please send me PB compatible with version 1.16 so i can release my game

email id: veeru565656@gmail.com
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 21:11
I think I've found another bug: I don't why this happens, so I'm not sure, but when I have fog on and some kind of dynamic entities (it happens with the stalker weapon pack and a character, the civ_rouge by JFletcher) and I turn around the screen becomes black just when I'm looking to a certain direction...
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Any updates?"

Hi, it's actually taking quite a bit longer than I had expected. That frozen screen bug is not an easy one to debug. Though I am slowly discovering new things about it. After thats out of the way the last one shouldn't take more then a day.

Hopefully it will be completed soon.

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2011 08:35
@hockeykid we'll have water support in the final release, or we already have it? ..Thx for working on this awesome mod for FPSC!!
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 12:51
I just wanted to report a bug but i'm not sure if it already was mentioned, if you pick up two dual wieldable weapons of the same kind right after another you cannot dualwield them together.
I noticed this bug while toying around with EAI's fantasy weapons, if i picked up an axe and the second axe right after that i could not have one in the right and another in the left hand, but if i picked up another weapon before picking up the second axe it would work. This applied also to the swords, not sure about other weapons.

also: how is that Timeflow command working? Is it working?
because the script in the scriptpack does not seem to work for me, is the command in someway linked to the Shadersystem or did it not work to begin with?

Oh and by the way: thanks for pushing FPSC so far, you, Ply and s4 did a great job on this, keep it up!
greetings, Daniel

Israeli self defense? Isn't that Jew-do?
Ein Metaller friert nicht,
er zittert vor Wut weil es nicht kälter ist!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 19:01
@assaam:

Thank you for reporting the dual wielding bug. I don't believe anyone has reported that yet.

As far as I am aware, timeflow should be functional albeit underdeveloped. Please post the script you're using that contains the command. If it's the one I think it is, you should need to push a button to activate it.

The one and only,

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 00:17
Wouldnt it be possible to have a 'beta' release, just so we can continue to work on our games? It's been about a month since the issues were brought up. If the Sp1 and other issues have been fixed apart from the freezing menu, cant we just have a beta release so we can work on our games further until you sort the freezing menu?

It just doesnt seem fair that we have to wait for so long to work on our games when you could release something for the time being so we can at least work via test game.

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 11:38
Lewis is right. It would be great to have another release with some fixes we can continue working on our games..
assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 19:11 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2011 20:36
Okay, here is another Bug: i have no idea why, but if i want to use the variable $EH it shows no effect at all, if i try my script with the variable $PH it works fine, i already have workarounds for this problem, but it is a little annoying if these basic scripting commands which partially have found their way into v118 don't work.

@ply: the Timeflow script uses the R CTRL but nothing happens. Tried the same thing with plrusingaction=1 and still nothing.

Other than that, is there some special trick to weapon scripts that is not mentioned in the tutorial? Because all it does is crashing fpsc as soon as i pick up my weapon. I'm using the GCS Glock, the script in the tutorial as fpi and V117 with PB 1.8 C

Well, thanks for your hard work and have one of these
Daniel

Edit: i have to correct myself, $EH works in one application: setvar=EHE $EH, but if i try to directly change or ask the value via scripting it does not respond.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 22:24
The weapon script error is fixed, but it's not released.

assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 23:34
Okay, good to know... besides that, i know that the maximum cap for custom variables has been removed, but does anybody know how many the system actually can handle without crashing or not working in some other way and is there some effect on stability or performance by using ALOT custom Variables (easily over 200)

thanks in advance, Daniel

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 01:42
I'm beginning to give up hope on this mod, and on Alpha Project.

The updates and service is non existant, and instead of working on fixing things, you just go and add features to your other mods.

What's the point in even having Project Blue if you're not going to support it and shaft the buyers?

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 02:43
@ Lewis: Noo! please don't give up on Alpha Project, it's gotten so far and it looks so nice!

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you just go and add features to your other mods."

I haven't update my mod in weeks . Any updates that you see were done well over a month ago, and all I've done is added them to the "additions" file and announced them as an official feature.

As I have already stated Project Blue is over filled, and the amount of time it is taking me to fix these pesky bugs is a clear display of that.

Scientist101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 06:46
There are many of us that have had issues and cannot build our final games because of these issues and are patiently waiting for some sort of update. And not to put too fine a point, but you have not exactly been responsive.

Did we waste time and money on something useless? Please consider the fact there are some here that enjoy this mod and features. When we have to wait weeks for some sensible response, you cannot help but feel shafted as a customer because of the service.

So please, could someone provide an estimate to when an update with fixes will be appearing? If not, could someone tell us that there will/will not be an update? I would rather hear it now rather than wait for another few weeks and/or months and try to speculate.
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 09:27
Possible Solution: Find which features are not currently being used, and yank them from the official build?

That or possible find out if you are able to have features externally called for, reducing the compile time in DBP? (i have no clue if this is even possible)

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 09:42
You dont even update us on what's going on though. You let the thread sink down to the second or third page and you only reply when people have a go or bump it. How's that going to look to people who want to buy and use PB?

I'm pretty sure one bug shouldnt take a month+ to fix. And it's not hard to update us once in a while instead of keeping us in the dark and popping up every so often out of nowhere.

Even so that you might be working on it, those who have the W7 SP1 error with the current version of PB cant even TEST their game. I literally havent fired up my FPSC in months because I cant do anything with it. I'd have compiled a version that could at least use to test on.

The freezing menu is something that would effect the built game, so theres nothing stopping you from making a beta or a test only build for those who've been waiting for almost a month now to get some bloody work done, but clearly, that request has been ignored.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You dont even update us on what's going on though. You let the thread sink down to the second or third page and you only reply when people have a go or bump it. How's that going to look to people who want to buy and use PB?"

That was the point of the issues area on the google code page .

Quote: "I'm pretty sure one bug shouldnt take a month+"

Doing it properly can, I could've slapped a few lines in there without figuring out where the real problem was coming from and fixed the pause menu but in turn screwed up other features. For example I could've easily messed up the camera commands, full screen shaders, and gun cameras with those few lines.

Anyways issue has been fixed, I spent the past 5 hours doing some more further debug and finally found the issue. You should be getting your Project Blue update emails in the next day or two.

I'm declaring it as Project Blue V1.8C Beta 2 as I noticed a few other people had some bugs that they weren't 100% sure on.

If no more issues are posted on the GOOGLE CODE ISSUES LIST (http://code.google.com/p/fpsc-project-blue/issues/list) by April 11th then Project Blue will be finalized.

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 16:34
Hockeykid,
Will items like MP53 be working with the finalized version? I tried it when they first came out and they just stood there and shook violently.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2011 06:44 Edited at: 10th Apr 2011 10:05
Quote: "Will items like MP53 be working with the finalized version?"

edited:see post below

I also don't understand why people can't develop in vanilla FPSC while waiting for PB to be updated? Is everything that is not PB dependent finished? (it's a simple question, either answer or don't but leave condescending comments elsewhere)

A man will one day wear a tophat in glasgow on a sunny day juggeling grapes while humming the jurrasic park theme tune.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hockeykid,
Will items like MP53 be working with the finalized version? I tried it when they first came out and they just stood there and shook violently"

I actually integrated the V118 Dark AI since I knew that Mp53 would be a big deal. So they should work like a charm!

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2011 09:10
Quote: "I also don't understand why people can't develop in vanilla FPSC while waiting for PB to be updated? Is everything that is not PB dependent finished? (it's a simple question, either answer or don't but leave condescending comments elsewhere)
"

Almost Though I've been doing tons in vanilla while waiting.

@Hockeykid

I've added more bugs to the Google page and I will be trying to break my builds all day finding more. I just forgot about the Google page. Sorry about that

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2011 11:13
@Hockeykid Was the fullscreen shader bug closed after a fix or was it just closed? I assure you that only after after following the instructions for activating the fullscreen shaders in the mod.ini and failing, I then tried to see if the migration's setup.ini method worked (which I figured was worth a try just in case with obviously no avail on that end as well).

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2011 15:17
Not sure if it's meant to be sent out, but I got sent a copy of Project Blue 1.8A. The errors are still there and I cant test the game otherwise it'll give me an error. Was this meant to be sent?

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I have also received the 1.8a version with the bugs. But I'm sure it's just a mistake.
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
wrong file...is been sent....all the error are there
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Hockeykid Was the fullscreen shader bug closed after a fix or was it just closed? I assure you that only after after following the instructions for activating the fullscreen shaders in the mod.ini and failing, I then tried to see if the migration's setup.ini method worked (which I figured was worth a try just in case with obviously no avail on that end as well)."

It was fixed

Quote: "Not sure if it's meant to be sent out, but I got sent a copy of Project Blue 1.8A. The errors are still there and I cant test the game otherwise it'll give me an error. Was this meant to be sent?"

Ah darn, I'll telll Knxrb he sent the wrong file.

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
posted an critical bug...saving and loading level...error
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
another bug maybe ....whenever you step in win zone it goes complete dark.....next level start
unlike the usual fade in...
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2011 13:04
Posted a bug: aimovetotarget
1. Try out the DarkAI and get an entity to use the command to try and move it.

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
The character remains still and doesnt move.

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Tested on Windows 7 SP1 32 bit wit the latest beta.

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, saving an loading a level works fine for me, but if I load the saved level, I am unable to use the pause menu, it simply does not show up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 19:59:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 19:59:06