Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / TGC App Developers Group

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 15:50
@Mnemonix
Welcome to our little corner of the forums
We may all be moving to the new area gradually though so this welcome will represent one for over there as well.

@BatVink
Congrats on getting you 100th download for Pile 'Em Up.

@baxslash and others
I've just had my application for a code signing certificate registered under a business name accepted - Yay!
It wasn't too painful, however it took a lot of preparations including getting a the name registered to my state government first and then sending a scan of the certificate of business registration though to Comodo with other PDF files of web links and the links themselves listing the business on the gov website.
The most shaky part was convincing them that the address and phone number I provided actually linked/matched to the business (as it is only provable that it is linked to me individually).
However, since I'm operating as a Sole Trader, I am in effect my business...
Now that that is sorted out, and I have successfully tested that I can sign an MSI file with my new code signing cert, all I need now is to create a game that will be an instant hit an make me tons of money so I can retire on a tropical island somewhere.......

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 16:15
Well done mr_d, I am going to try again over the next few days...

Quote: "Now that that is sorted out, and I have successfully tested that I can sign an MSI file with my new code signing cert, all I need now is to create a game that will be an instant hit an make me tons of money so I can retire on a tropical island somewhere......."

Good luck! I think we're all aiming for that goal!!

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 16:26
I thought you already got one as yourself through the AppUp offer - does this mean you are going to fork out some money to buy another one for your company on your own (i.e. not via AppUp)?
Quote: "Good luck! I think we're all aiming for that goal!!"

Yep, we sure are, and by the amount of activity the members of this forum continue to put in, there's a fair chance that one of us may end up succeeding - or that's my hope anyway.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 16:34
Quote: "I thought you already got one as yourself through the AppUp offer - does this mean you are going to fork out some money to buy another one for your company on your own (i.e. not via AppUp)?"

No I had one assigned but applied for it on chrome which didn't work when I tried to download the certificate. I then went on holiday and only now have a chance to get my certificate again... urgh... I wouldn't mind if I didn't have 6 installers to upload to AppUp once I finally get the certificate!

Quote: "there's a fair chance that one of us may end up succeeding - or that's my hope anyway."

I agree, it's my hope too! If it happens to be me I'll chuck a chunk of change into the website and other promotional means for us all... won't stop me developing using TGC products either, or promoting them to the hilt.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 21:07
Sorry, I'm on vacation this week and checking back in when I can.

The lower left corner has a big white square there. No ads show up.

I haven't had any other ntdll crashes like that.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 23:16
Quote: "I can retire on a tropical island somewhere......"

Just move up to Cairns and you're there

Quote: ""there's a fair chance that one of us may end up succeeding - or that's my hope anyway."
I agree, it's my hope too! If it happens to be me I'll chuck a chunk of change into the website and other promotional means for us all... won't stop me developing using TGC products either, or promoting them to the hilt.
"

Coudn't have said it better myself, I wouldn't swap from TGC products either, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Welcom back Baxslash and hello again people

I'm waiting for the result of validation ... but I know that the game is all ok. The only thing I need to change is the content rating.

The last monday, Intel rejected my game because I choosed content rating +3 and the game is content rating +10. ( I can`t believed )

Quote: "Pile 'Em Up is on 99 downloads right now"

Very great new

NURENDSOFT: Videogames for all.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 11:52
Quote: "The last monday, Intel rejected my game because I choosed content rating +3 and the game is content rating +10. ( I can`t believed )"

I would have guessed age six or above at most would be fine. Perhaps they classed some of the game play as 'cartoon violence' but I still think it's a bit harsh.

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Perhaps they classed some of the game play as 'cartoon violence' but I still think it's a bit harsh."

Totally agree with you Baxslash.

The truth is that it was my mistake. It should have read more carefully the explanation of the different content rating.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 13:41
It's easily done. I'll try to make this point more obvious in the guide in the next update...

I guess it's better to err on the side of caution.

ADG Website Notice
I am going to allow a few members here "Beta User" access to the website. That basically means they can add / edit their game listings on the site. This is just to do some final testing before everyone is granted access on request.

I will send a few emails out with some login details for those members we have selected. If you have not been selected it's nothing personal honestly!! All of you can access it soon as long as you at least have an App published over the next few days!

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 13:52
Welcome to our little group, Mnemonix.

Just wondering though, the 'In development' section is for games that are in development, right? So, is my game Brixoid worthy enough to be on that section too?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 14:11
Quote: "I choosed content rating +3 and the game is content rating +10."

I used 6+ for my game, and set the ingame ads to exclude gambling etc. I could have set it to 3+, but most parents ignore these age ratings anyway. I think I'm a harsh parent because I think a 12 film is for 12-year olds, and that's the rules in my house! My son has 14 year old friends watching 18 movies, and that seems to be "normal". So a rating of 10+ will probably have an audience that includes children as young as 6.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 14:43
Quote: "the 'In development' section is for games that are in development, right? So, is my game Brixoid worthy enough to be on that section too?"

The way we have decided to work this is that anyone with a published game can use the "In Development" section for second and subsequent games. What we have to avoid is people with big ideas (which is good and we encourage it) but who don't have the experience to get their game published. This is the basic rule of the site, to protect everybody from degrading the value of the catalogue we have. The same rule applied to myself when we launched the site. If you have submitted your game for validation and have a report that shows you only have minor issues to resolve, the admins may choose to bring your game into the catalogue as "Coming Soon". We have chosen to do this to help both the developer and the site progress as quickly as possible.

Anyone intending to publish games can join us and we'll all help to get all games into the AppUp store. That was the basis on which Baxslash started this group, and the website is just an extension of that principle. The only other major rule of the ADG website is that any new games published from this point onwards include a link back to the ADG site to help promote everyone's games. We have simple code that anyone can implement to allow that feature.

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 21:32 Edited at: 4th Aug 2011 21:33
Hello people

Finally MAGICAL GLOVES is published

Thanks to all for help me !!!

Special thanks to @Baxslash and @Lucas !!

This is the link:

http://www.appup.com/applications/applications-Magical+Gloves+APP

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 22:25
Congrats Jordi!

I'll add the link now!!

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 22:32
Well done Jordi! Hope the sales start pouring in!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 00:56
Congratulations Jordi, you worked hard to get it validated

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 01:04
Good for you Jordi - I can relate that it feels really good to have something up on a widely visible site like Intel's
Makes you want to put lots of apps up there like baxslash

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 02:33
Well done, Jordi! Congratz! The first game to get published is always the hardest.

Cheers

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 13:34
Installer Question: Has anyone worked out how you create a file that resides in My Documents\My Games and install it correctly?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 13:48 Edited at: 5th Aug 2011 22:32
I just create those sort of files at runtime in my Apps and haven't failed validation yet...

EDIT: At least not because the files still reside there after un-install

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 21:01
Quote: "The only other major rule of the ADG website is that any new games published from this point onwards include a link back to the ADG site to help promote everyone's games. We have simple code that anyone can implement to allow that feature."

Just thought I would mention, This wont be possible in AppGameKit Tier 1 apps, as there's no HTML commands in yet.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 22:33
Quote: "Just thought I would mention, This wont be possible in AppGameKit Tier 1 apps, as there's no HTML commands in yet."

Yes good point... I guess it's more of a request anyway really. Surely people will want to self promote anyway.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 07:26 Edited at: 6th Aug 2011 07:27
I believe it should be be more of a request and should actually be a requirement to be part of the ADG (and the ADG website) as otherwise people will be getting the benefits of the site and others cross promoting their games while not returning the favor...my take on it anyway.
As to the link back to the site with ADK, wouldn't this be possible as just a picture banner that links back using a normal http url (the same type that we use for our banners here)? I'm not familiar with all the mobile devices out there, but I would expect that they'd just open their own internal web browser and go to the site that way.

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello
( Sorry for my delay to response. Yesterday, I worked on the update of my webside. New design and added link to Intel AppUp )

Thanks again to all

@Mr_d
Quote: "Good for you Jordi - I can relate that it feels really good to have something up on a widely visible site like Intel's
Makes you want to put lots of apps up there like baxslash "

Yes , ha ha ha. When I finish my actual project, I'll make a new game for AppUp.

@The Slayer
Quote: "Well done, Jordi! Congratz! The first game to get published is always the hardest."

Yes. Very hardest but now I'm very happy.

@baxslash
I would like make a AppUp developers banner like you. Do you have the template?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 14:22
Jordi, The banner template is here.

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks BatVink

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 19:39
Quote: "As to the link back to the site with ADK, wouldn't this be possible as just a picture banner that links back using a normal http url (the same type that we use for our banners here)? I'm not familiar with all the mobile devices out there, but I would expect that they'd just open their own internal web browser and go to the site that way."

mr_d, the AppGameKit doesn't have that ability. Everything you do in AppGameKit is about images and sprites. So it is possible to display a URL, it wont be possible to make it clickable. At least not until TGC adds that functionality later in the year.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 03:59
@ Jordi: Congratulations! Good work on getting your app validated.

@ Mnemonix: Welcome to the group!

@ KISTech:
Quote: "At least not until TGC adds that functionality later in the year.
"

So not long to wait?

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ Jordi: Congratulations! Good work on getting your app validated.
"

Thanks Hodgey

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 22:06
Quote: "So not long to wait?"

Not sure, that's just the answer I was given when I asked about other networking commands such as DNS resolution.

DarkByNight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 10:45
I have had a rather unfortunate turn of events, 2 days ago I broke my ankle so I have decided to take a few weeks off from developing games and just relax with music and terraria.
See you all, refreshed and hopefully inspired, in a few weeks!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 10:58
Quote: "I have had a rather unfortunate turn of events, 2 days ago I broke my ankle so I have decided to take a few weeks off from developing games and just relax with music and terraria.
See you all, refreshed and hopefully inspired, in a few weeks!"

Sorry to hear that, get well soon!

If I broke my ankle I think I'd finally get to finish some games!! Now where did I put that lump hammer...?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 14:16
Promoting Our Games - Action required ASAP!

This message goes out to AppUp developers and ADG supporters, whether you have your game/app on there already or plan to publish in the future. If you have a published game/app and it is not on the ADG website, please let Baxslash, Hodgey or myself know about it and we will make sure it is added.

This week we are targeting Facebook with the Promotion of ADG. We would like all of our developers and supporters to post to their Facebook profile using the following instructions. Please try and keep to the plan, as this is part one of an organised campaign, we will be measuring the success of different methods and sharing the knowledge.

1. Go to http://adg.devink.co.uk (main page only, no game pages please, this will be another phase)
2. Click on the "Submit to Facebook" link near the top of the page. This will take you to your FB account with the post ready to go.
3. Add some text:
"The ADG site has been launched for those of you that appreciate the value of Indie Games and Apps. There are already 12 games and apps for you to download and enjoy. Visit the site now to browse the extensive catalogue, and preview upcoming publications before they reach the general public."

(This text has been carefully worded!)

4. Submit!
5. Please feedback and tell us you have done it so we can track the progress.

Many thanks in advance to all of you supporting this venture and the group. Baxslash, Hodgey, myself and anyone else who wants to get involved in the promotion of the site, apps and games have much work to do!

Don't forget to request your account on the ADG site even if you haven't published yet. You can partake in the discussions and promotions even if you don't have a game to present on the site. Anything we do now will only benefit all future publications.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 14:23
Done!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 14:28
Thanks Batvink,

I'll post tonight, work say "No!" to facebook!! Despite having their own facebook group and sending us all invites to join the it...

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 14:31 Edited at: 10th Aug 2011 14:40
Hi any of the ADG Website admins,
Please create an account for me on the site so I can upload the details of my Online Scoreboard Component. Thanks.

I will do the Facebook thing after I have my component up there.

EDIT: I notice that the site currently only has a Games section and not an Apps section (even though the site is has the title Games & Applications)?

Another EDIT: I suggest that we get this thread locked and we all start using the other one from now on to reduce the confusion and hassle. A link back to this thread on the first post should be fine.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 15:26
Quote: "Please create an account for me on the site so I can upload the details of my Online Scoreboard Component. Thanks."

Hi mr_d.

This is something we were talking about the other day trying to decide what to do about components and I'd value your feedback. As the site is aimed at gamers / general users not at developers do you think it will get you the right kind of exposure? We weren't sure whether developers would be looking for components on this site.

We were considering having a components section but hadn't 100% decided how to proceed.

Quote: "I notice that the site currently only has a Games section and not an Apps section (even though the site is has the title Games & Applications)?"

Yes, this is in progress but not quite ready yet.

Quote: "I suggest that we get this thread locked and we all start using the other one from now on to reduce the confusion and hassle. A link back to this thread on the first post should be fine."

That's well worth considering. I'll have a think about it and decide the best way forward.

I'll set you up with an account anyway mr_d and email you when it's ready.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 15:30 Edited at: 10th Aug 2011 15:32
[EDIT: Ninja'd by Baxslash!]

Quote: "I notice that the site currently only has a Games section and not an Apps section (even though the site is has the title Games & Applications)?"

This is because we don't want an empty page, once we have apps then we will add it to the menu.

We tried to work out the best place for your Scoreboard app earlier when we looked at a few games we hadn't yet published. It certainly deserves to be on there, we just need to work out where as it is a game component rather than a game or an app. If you have any ideas yourself then please let us know. One thought I had was to make it an article feature rather than a product.

I've sent you details of your account, we can discuss how to do this on the ADG-site design forum.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 15:54
Thanks for creating my account.
Yep; it is a bit of a problem that the site will primarily be geared towards gamers (i.e. end users) more than developers.
I understand and have no hard feelings if its decided not to have a relevant section to put this. My only suggestion would be maybe have a separate section of the site directed to devs (and only visible after being logged in).
I will just have to start creating games then to get my stuff on the site. (I would have liked something up when I advertise the site to my Facebook contacts, but them's the breaks).

Speaking of the site and login - I've done this, but could not find a link to the forum mentioned in the email. I must be missing something.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 15:57
I'd happily write that article, I have a few to write anyway

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 16:00
Try again Mr_D, I hope you now have the forum option in the menu.

We openly discuss the way the website should go with all our members (after all, we all have an interest in it succeeding), so we'll have a discussion about your game component and see what we can do. There's a couple of ideas, your thoughts about it being a developer item once logged in is a good one.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 17:44
thanks guys. I'm having a bugger of a time trying to login (finally did somehow) but then logged off, and now can't seem to login again...
I think the site needs a link from the main page or something.
I'm starting to pull all my hair out.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 17:48
Quote: "thanks guys. I'm having a bugger of a time trying to login (finally did somehow) but then logged off, and now can't seem to login again...
I think the site needs a link from the main page or something.
I'm starting to pull all my hair out."

Batvink, any reason we can't have a link even if it's subtle at the bottom of the page?

Here mr_d: ADG Developer Login

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 17:56
thanks again

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 19:18 Edited at: 10th Aug 2011 23:59
Quote: "Batvink, any reason we can't have a link even if it's subtle at the bottom of the page?"

Done. I need to work out how to make it horizontally displayed, but it's there and subtle.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 20:48
It was likely premature, but I created a "Coming Soon" post for my AppGameKit game Asteroid Blast. It's a finished game, I just haven't submitted it to any stores yet, and wont until after the 15th.

When I do submit it to the stores it will go out to as many as possible, and for all platforms. PC, Mac, iOS, Bada, and MeeGo. With other platforms added as TGC adds them to the AGK.

I have another game in the works, but I'm not posting anything about that one until it's further along. My best guess at this point is it will be close to completion by the end of September. (when the kids are back in school and I've got some peace and quiet around here..)

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 00:01
Yay, I just got my "Enhanced for Core" badge from Intel for Pile 'Em Up. I can now use their logo in my promotions and marketing...as displayed in my sig

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 00:04
Oooh, new badge

How did you get that?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 00:22
Quote: "How did you get that?"

I got it from a friendly chap at Intel who you know I mentioned ADG in my discussions and he already knew what I was talking about.

In a nutshell, I've submitted the game to some rigorous testing that DBP games pass with flying colours. I intend to write about it in the newsletter as it's certainly worth striving for.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:42:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:42:40