Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Cosmic's New Modern Warfare Community Pack!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2011 21:20
Can't wait for the release. This pack is going to be epic. That's all that I can say, unless the thread is open.
Shadowdeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2011 22:07
I agree with Arseny.
This is going to be one hell of a release.

[href]tophatforums.info[/href] - For all your project and gaming needs
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2011 22:42
Replied.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2011 23:11
I'm really excited. Seeing some of the work on here while I've been contributing has been a pleasure. I can't wait to see everyone elses' contributions "in the flesh".
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2011 23:35
TGPEG, So do I, lol. Now, in Samara it's 0:30, but I am wash the floor and cleaning the home from dust, to waste the time before release, and to not fall asleep. I know, that's a bit crazy, but my parents tell me to do it in the morning, now the time has come(note:there's nobody at home, except me).
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 00:06 Edited at: 23rd May 2011 00:09
Be patient my friends. I'm not going to upload the files until everything in the pack is working properly, and looks good. I'm making custum icons for a "lot" of the entities, So you dont have to look at the little brains. I will be working on this all night until it's done.

I have to go through around 250 entities, 30 or so segments, and 17 weapons with this monster.

It will be in, around "10" parts. On the compression test, This will be about 450mb total "compessed", and you will need 2gb of hard drive space to install.

2.5ghz QuadCore,4gb ram,1gb ATI graphics. Dual OS. WinXP, Win7.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 00:26
Quote: "It will be in, around "10" parts. On the compression test, This will be about 450mb total "compessed", and you will need 2gb of hard drive space to install. "

Funny you should mention that. I've been thinking about transferring my entire FPSC folder onto my data drive for a while. I'm on to 9.5GB at the moment and I could use the space.
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 01:05
How much time I am having for making some more scenenery?
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 01:07
Arseny can I send you the Barrett back in a minute? I've made some changes to the gunspec and the textures but it seems to have messed up the soundframes? It's strange because I backed up the original gunspec you sent me and it's exactly the same...
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 01:32
Of course you can, I will have a look and try to solve the problem.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 01:48 Edited at: 23rd May 2011 01:49
Thanks. Does anyone know how to make the weapon 'disappear' when in ironsights?

I'm trying to get it to be more realistic, so that the player lifts the gun to the eye and then looks through the scope (kind of like MW2), only it requires the gun to disappear once it reaches the eye in order that the player can see down the lens.

The only way I could think of doing it would be to use 'simplezoomz-100' so the gun is moved backwards through the head to peer out of the other end of the scope. Only problem is that this command doesn't exist.

This is what I have at the moment:

I know it's a bit late in the day to be making changes to this, but the original Barrett I sent works well enough. I was just honing.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 02:04
I regret, but it's one solution to do this - to make simplezoom animation and type the animframes and sound frames to gunspec. Well, I can do it for you.
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 05:49 Edited at: 23rd May 2011 05:50
TGPEG, I've got a glich on shoot animations, which I cant fix. I will you explain the matter later(I need to go to school now) Sorry, but I think it's better to have a usual fpsc zoom for this time.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 18:09
Quote: "Thanks. Does anyone know how to make the weapon 'disappear' when in ironsights?

I'm trying to get it to be more realistic, so that the player lifts the gun to the eye and then looks through the scope (kind of like MW2), only it requires the gun to disappear once it reaches the eye in order that the player can see down the lens.

The only way I could think of doing it would be to use 'simplezoomz-100' so the gun is moved backwards through the head to peer out of the other end of the scope. Only problem is that this command doesn't exist.

This is what I have at the moment:"

just put either the x or y axis insanely high and it'll be off screen still?

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 18:14
I'd say the Pivot point on the weapon is off-center.In other words center the Pivot point to the model's absolute middle (X,Y and Z)

PC Specs:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480,12GB RAM,2x Western Digital 997GB HDD
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 21:23
Quote: "I'd say the Pivot point on the weapon is off-center.In other words center the Pivot point to the model's absolute middle (X,Y and Z)"

It doesn't really have to be perfect in that sense as the idea will be that when it's finished it's only on screen for a split-second.

We'll work something out. Unless we don't.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2011 23:29
Hi Guys, Have just finished uploading. I'll leave this thread open for you guys, so you can work out any odds, and ends.

I'll be starting the release thread in a little while, Then 'ol Cosmic is going on a little vacation, I'll see you all when I get back.

2.5ghz QuadCore,4gb ram,1gb ATI graphics. Dual OS. WinXP, Win7.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 01:08
Quote: " Then 'ol Cosmic is going on a little vacation"

Second star to the right and straight on to morning?

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 19:54 Edited at: 24th May 2011 19:58
I'm going to have to leave the development of the Barrett for a while. I tried to port over my whole TGC folder to my other hard drive as this one's running out of space, but after 3 hours of file moving, an hour of registry editing and changing things in all the system files I can think of, the whole thing is so unstable as to render any development impossible. For reasons that are unfathomable, it crashes while building some levels but not others (usually larger ones) and whether the thing starts or not is pot luck.

If anyone thinks they can pick up the gauntlet and develop it further I'll send what I have to them so they can carry on.

In the meantime I'm either going to have to reinstall and backup all my assets or move the whole thing back onto my other hard drive which would still probably be unstable anyway.

Oh and the reason many of the guns' textures might not work is that the paths to the textures might be written into the HUD.x file. If you open it up and select the gun mesh (or the whole thing if the texture's not working on that) and change the path to the actual texture, it should work.
marvel
Years of Service
User Offline
so is this free? if it is email your already finished guns to my address www.keonmckeon@yahoo.co.uk thanks

kk
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 22:27
I've read all this thread, and noticed, that a lot of great weapons are unreleased, that's sad, doesn't it?
So, all modelers, who wanted give their weapon models to the pack:
You can send them to me(even if they are not compatible with stock anims, bcs it was the main problem, I suppose), I will animate them (I don't mean rigging on the stock anims, but making a new one) I'm planning to release this update on Saturday, bcs on Sunday I'm going to the village (to my relatives and friends).
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 22:29
P.S. Now I started to make akimbo anims for pistols and some rifles(for wolverines and rippers)
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 18:52
Well, visiting to village is delayed, as well as the update. Now I'm waiting trubkiller for his weapons, and animating the intervention. Also, the texture glich on fingers of glove has been fixed( I mean MW retexture of stock hands)
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work as usual!
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 21:11
Has anyone got a solution for the collision issues I'm having with the tower entities? I asked a while ago but have had no responses yet...

trubkiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the delay I had a virus on my computer so I'll be remaking it and I'm working on other weapons as well

Does it look cool for blue text to appear?
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys
Ill probobly be making some Sound Effects if thats alright.
But were would I send them to,your email?
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2011 06:55 Edited at: 26th Jun 2011 06:56
Uhh... sorry mate, but this pack has been done (for a while) and already been released

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Bestorio
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 04:09:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 04:09:38