Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 10:54 Edited at: 20th Oct 2012 13:01
my bugs in fpsc beta 4:
jumping at start of a test game
Npc not want to shoot on plr with DarkAI or on other npc

new command(would be cool):

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 12:29
OK the Conkers are KILLING them self's off too!
Check the SCI FPM file

Life is a short trip to another world

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 15:31
I had mentioned this before. Apparently, SC doesn't think this is the case as it hasn't been fixed. So, when either the player or npc is throwing a grenade, they are not throwing them very far. If it is the player, then he will sustain damage. If the npc they too will sustain damage however, they will die a lot sooner.

For now, if you don't need to use grenades then I wouldn't.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 10:11
And the WW2 guys with the Bazookas?
Glaive?
Grenades
Millsno36
bow and arrow
cross bow
Oil Bomb

Basic rule. Any thing Player or Enitiy uses that is
considered Thrown is really messed up. It only goes about 5 feet even it it is the PLayer. And KILLS them.

I am working on a Kings Quest and even the bow and arrow and cross bow is messed up.

Guys, that is at least 7 weapons that are now useless!
4 of which I need for this game.
Please? *hugs and kisses*

If you need more FPM files I will provide them.
They really need corrected.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Meows

I'm really sorry, but all of the above weapons seem to be working for me. Maybe I've misunderstood your problem. Is anyone else experiencing an issue?

SC
28HourSLater
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello i installed BETA4 and i have same issue that i had with beta 2. I make my level, press test button, level loads and i can play on it but when i press escape button to exit, FPS Creator freezes at "DELETING TEST LEVEL" screen. It just freezes, cant close it cant press any button nothing
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 21:21 Edited at: 21st Oct 2012 23:12
@Scene Commander

For the tests I am using my mod that uses r704.

I don't have any problems with projectiles such as the bazooka, crossbow, and bow/arrow. However, I do have a problem with such weapons as a grenade or oil bomb.

For the player, he/she can only throw either one about 125-150 units. I'm not sure of the exact distance. This would be about an average room length? I can't remember what the unit approximates but I would a room can be between 7ft (2.1m) to 15ft (4.6m). I can throw a grenade at least between 40 and 60 ft (12-18 meters). Of course, one still hunkers down after the throw. I have never been hurt by tossing a grenade. However, the player always gets hurt after tossing his/her grenade.

The npc's will usually kill themselves after even one throw.

See Addendum #2 This shows that we have control over distance so, I would say that there is no issues with this. Default values only make it so (an issue).

@Meows. I was going to suggest increasing the health of the npc's by a significant amount. However, they behave strangely after a couple of throws. For some reason they slide forward (no not walk but move) which brings them right to one of the oil bombs.

Of course, one probably can modify the scripts. There are two: throw10.fpi (shoot parameter) and getinrange.fpi (in main). Since I have not yet needed to do this so I don't have a fix for it.

For the player, I'm not sure if one can adjust the distance that the grenade/oil bomb can be thrown. Maybe in the weapons text?

Addendum #1

Instead of using throw10.fpi for the npc grenade or oil bomb, use throw.fpi. This is placed in the "shoot" parameter. This at least makes sure that the npc does not move forward to the player. However, I still don't like how the npc uses the grenade/oil bomb weapons.

Meows, Addendum #2:

In files/gamecore/flak there are the flak specs. I just found this out after doing search. You can adjust the height and distance thrown forward of the flak such as a grenade or oil bomb. You can also adjust the damage. I never realized this, of course and if it's in any current documentation I hadn't bothered to look.

Here's the grenade flak specs I changed. It can be tweaked to however, one would like. Also, I changed the getinrange10.fpi to getinrange.fpi. I would have to test a more to see if I like it this way. Highlighted values is what I changed.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
morgwin
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone else having a issue with characters being far larger then the player?
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 06:32 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2012 09:29
Thanks I did get the grenade throwers working oK if they are single

But add more than one see video. Player has no weapon but all 4 characters kill them selves and dead.

Services tomorrow at dawn.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 08:09 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2012 08:10
@morgwin: that was reported and was addressed in release 704, Though the beta has not been released yet with the fix. I dont know if the hotfix posted earlier includes that.

I beleive that post was in the previous page.

Posted: 11th Oct 2012 06:35

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 08:29
Quote: "morgwin
Anyone else having a issue with characters being far larger then the player? "

Yes I do find that the Characters are off.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Anyone else having a issue with characters being far larger then the player? "

This issue has been addressed, I can't remember if it was part of the hotfix.

Quote: "But add more than one see video. Player has no weapon but all 4 characters kill them selves and dead."

Yes, flak does seem a little more energetic than before. I'll look into this.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 16:32
Quote: "I can't remember if it was part of the hotfix"

No it's not, as I'm having to use those camoffset commands you told me about, with the hotfix installed...

Snake675
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 21:12
Quote: "morgwin
Anyone else having a issue with characters being far larger then the player?"

Me too
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 01:13
Quote: "Scene Commander "

Quote: "Yes, flak does seem a little more energetic than before. I'll look into this. "

Bless you@! I reloaded 119 final and watched with glee as the
Glaive flew across the room
Grenades bounced and KBLOOM
Millsno36 Bounced once off a wall and exploded
bow and arrow flew nicely
cross bow still hard to pull the arrow back guess I need more strength
Oil Bomb you can watch it soar into the Bad guys and POW SPLAT and they are dead in a cloud of smoke.

Jumped for joy as you watch a Bazooka shell fly across a room.

Now If I could just get this into 120.....

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2012 20:22
Congrats SC for the thoroughly deserved badges

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2012 05:33 Edited at: 26th Oct 2012 21:15
Quote: "Quote: "morgwin
Anyone else having a issue with characters being far larger then the player?""

Yes, still. I am using my mod with up to r711. After I install beta 4 and use my mod I get giant characters. See image below:

Replacing beta 4 with beta 3 install again and still using my mod I get better camera angle at start up and a more accurate representation of the characters. The only file that is different other than the beta 4 engine is the FPSC-Mapeditor.exe It is newer and a little larger size. What was done in the map editor exe that makes this difference? Hmmmmmm?

I'm going to stick with the beta 3 mapeeditor for now. BTW, a doorway is somewhere around 7-8 feet high. (2.1 - 2.4 meters).

Addendum:

Flak seems to be working better with the newer releases.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

If you're having issues with incorrectly scaled characters, it does actually seem to be related to the FPSC-Mapeditor.exe, 3 users have confirmed a fix at least until the next beta. If you still have beta 3 you may use the beta 3 editor.exe with beta 4 FPSC-Game.exe and this should resolve the issue as a hotfix. A full run of FPSC Cleaner will most likely be required.

I hope that's clear and sorry for mix up.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2012 21:45 Edited at: 28th Oct 2012 03:17
Quote: "If you still have beta 3 you may use the beta 3 editor.exe with beta 4 FPSC-Game.exe"

I can confirm that this works. If anyone needs fpsc-mapeditor.exe (beta 3) I've made it available with the download link. I don't think this infringes copyright. It's in a zipped folder.

Attachments

kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 01:56
Is there any way to merge this into this version of FPSC or maybe the next beta?
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=201014&b=6

This man with long tail just popped out and said Spagett!... It was not scary, It was just abnormal.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 02:14
Quote: "Is there any way to merge this into this version of FPSC or maybe the next beta?"

Seeing as this is a stability update, no. And while Evolved's shaders are fantastic, FPSC just can't handle even the lighting shaders, much less the entire system.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 10:10
@kingofmk98
That was what CorVus mod and LRmod were for (check my post list, or Dark Goblin's), but thanks for that link, now that I know the EVOLVED's new adv lighting has a test release, I can start working on CorVus\LRmod2 again.

-TZK

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
hey, i find a problem. the comands plrdeath=5,plrdeathspeed=3,plrdeathbounce=20 are not working in Beta4+hotfix
hope you will read this before the final

you need a script? I need useful requests at the moment!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200918&b=23
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 13:13
Had to revert to 119 final, I sure hope there is a 120 Final soon.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Corno_1

I've checked this and it's working. I've also replied to your email. I suspect that if you are having problems it's because you need to set the players death tilt's prior to the player dying, not after the death.

Quote: "Had to revert to 119 final, I sure hope there is a 120 Final soon."

Maybe you could explain why? As if this is a bug report, I'm afraid I'll need much more information.

@All.

As we near the final build for V120, Lee has taken over the last of the debugging and stress testing. He has a list of reported outstanding bugs and is working on them now. I'm more than happy to help with any issues and report anything that users feel need reporting, but from a development point of view, and at this stage in the process, it makes a lot more sense for one user at a time to work on debugging, and who better than Lee himself.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 20:41
Scene Commander, thank you once again for all your work that you put into this. Also you are to be commended for pulling through despite personal issues for a time. I hope things are going much better for you and the family now.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Scene Commander, thank you once again for all your work that you put into this. Also you are to be commended for pulling through despite personal issues for a time"

It's been a pleasure.. And yes, things are coming together, thanks for asking.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 21:40
Yes, I'd like to second the thanks for a superb job done by SC.
"For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good........." well, I think you all get the idea!

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 21:48
I have had to revert back to 1.19.

When i was testing a level i came across a strange problem.

If the character jumped off something high, instead of falling normally, they would fall forward and like they were going down huge steps. This was no good for the game i was building. I will try to upload an fpm for you to test, but, i can't see it making any difference than you setting a room two stories higher than the floor and jumping off.

Unfamillia

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Unfimilla - this has been fixed and will be made available for the final release.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 21:54
@SC

Thats great news. I will definitely be updating to 1.20 very soon then. When can we expect release of the final version? I know you're extremely busy and i am in no way trying to rush you!

Unfamillia

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 21:58 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2012 22:00
As I'm sure this will be of help to many users, here's a link to the latest alpha build.

As for a release date, as it's now in Lee's hands, I can't say for sure, but things are moving well, so soon I imagine.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 22:01 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2012 22:03
Yes, I can confirm that it is fixed. So wait for either the next beta release or the final release of the version.

I used the prefab "Chateau" for the test and jumped off both the second floor and then the third floor. Works perfectly.

Addendum:

When I posted this I didn't realize there was a page 4. So, I hope this was OK to post.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2012 00:27
The commands plrdeath=x,plrdeathspeed=x,plrdeathbounce=x are still not working. Is there something that prevents the player to do anything once he/she/it has died?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2012 18:45 Edited at: 4th Nov 2012 18:50
Quote: "The commands plrdeath=x,plrdeathspeed=x,plrdeathbounce=x are still not working."

These commands set player reaction in death, they will have no effect if used after the player has died. I've checked them and they are working. I've attached a sample script that can be used from a trigger zone.

Attachments

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2012 22:10
Quote: "As I'm sure this will be of help to many users, here's a link to the latest alpha build"

This new download kills it for me. As soon as i click test game on ANY level (even if you build a 3x3 floor) it crashes FPSC - see attached image.

Any ideas on this at all? I do really want to use the new upgrade!

Unfamillia

Attachments

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 00:56
Quote: "These commands set player reaction in death, they will have no effect if used after the player has died. I've checked them and they are working. I've attached a sample script that can be used from a trigger zone."

I tried your script, put it in a triggerzone, and when the player dies in that zone... nnnnnnothing happens! I'm using the latest beta. I've attached a video to show you that it doesn't work for me somehow.

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 04:32 Edited at: 6th Nov 2012 04:33
I've been limbering up the old skills in FPSC land with V120 and wanted to share some the latest fixes I have made. I built a new master DVD and discovered a few more so expect more fixes beyond this list. I must say I think the modders who looked after FPSC source while I travelled distant lands have done a great job, to this extent I hardly have anything to fix when running the default assets, levels and scripts It's nice to have help:

* Tied flak maths to timer system so faster frame rates no longer affect tragectories or gravity
* Adjusted WW2 and SCIFI grenades so they no longer use Recoil, looks much much better
* Fixed SNIPE10.FPI so characters can reload properly and not have rapid fire issues
* Increased 'force damage' (exploding barrels, grenades) by 20% to match the original V1 damage levels
* Moved SHROUDSIZE to field in SETUP.INI with default of 10. Low End users can set this back to 5 if have issues
* New optimisation converted WAV files to OGG but did not load them during standalone games, now fixed
* Ensured gravity incrementor tied to timer system so characters can once again climb stairs
* Re-activated sound of water splashing when entity drops into it (controlled with AIACTCREATESPLASHSOUND)
* Fixed issue of hearing player wading when water level just under dry floor
* Fixed serial code system which will resort to FREE mode if userdetails uses EMPTY field data

These and more will be in the next V120 beta!

I also want to take the opportunity to get everyone who has ever posted a message here and used my broadband to pledge something (anything) on the Kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tgc/fps-creator-reloaded

Want heat-seeking wall-piercing time-travelling ammo? Get us funded and we'll see what I can do

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 09:30
Nice to see how all those fixes are going in to FPSC. V120 looks like a dream!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 21:20
You guys can also grab the banner in my signature (made by Nickydude), using this code here:

Every little bit helps!

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 02:53
One thing I'd like to ask the TGC development team on, and that is the memory used when testing/building. If v120 is the bridge to step into FPSC R, is there any chance we can see something done about the build footprint? What I mean is a small 3x3 grid segment room takes up almost 650+ MB memory when testing. A large 38x38 grid outdoor level fully populated can range from 1.4 GB to 1.7+ GB memory. It would be nice if this could be addressed for this version before the big jump to the new version. No reason a small level always used 600+ MB memory for so little.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 22:24
tested out beta 5 im finding when im walking there is a bounce (guess its supose to simulate walking) but even after i stop it keeps going for a few seconds after also happens every so often on its own but other then that running smooth from what i can tell so far

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 23:20
Hey lee can you make the Xbox buttons able to be change so we can change or disable the buttons.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 02:40
Beta 5

I have a single level that I compile as a game .exe. Its actually the first real level of my game.

If I run the game .exe and at the game menu then select new game the loading status bar gets to the end of the loading bar and then the level refuses to load and the engine returns back to present the Game menu screen again. This will happen in an endless loop if I try and select new game again with the only option left to exit.

No error messages or any other obvious reason and no crash as such just the constant loop back to the main Game menu screen.

This same level has been tested and has compiled successfully and correctly to game .exe many times previously in the past though in previous versions before V118.

The Level does compile to test and run OK in the editor apart from any FPSC glitches which though messy do not interfere with the test level play at all its just seems to be the compiled game .exe which causes a show stopper.

Thats FPSC back on the shelf for me just when I thought I might be in luck this time round.

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 05:48
Quote: "im finding when im walking there is a bounce (guess its supose to simulate walking) but even after i stop it keeps going for a few seconds after also happens every so often on its own"

I have noticed this same minor issue, but nothing else. Keep up the fantastic work!

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 08:44
Hi Lee\SC,
I have one bugfix request:
Would it be possible to fix the bug with loading older levels into the editor? This would make updating games so much easier, and games using slower versions of FPSC could be updated to v1.20 for low-end users like me.

Regards,
-TZK

Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 22:31
Good job , guys I hope V120 is here soon .
If you're willing to accept suggestions , how about adding a weapininv=X Y condition to check if a weapon is in inventory , and modifying GUI-X9 to enable using user variables ? These two things will help a lot in scripting .

"I am the night visitor when everyone is sleep , and when the last light fades"
The illusionest
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 22:44
UMAN: If you want to send me the link to the level you made a game exe from that did not run, I can go through it and find out why it did what it did. I don't like the idea of FPS Creator sitting on a shelf

Hogging the awesome since 1999
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2012 03:34
Hi Lee,

I always download and test every version of FPSC using numerous levels so I can sometimes provide some feedback as you know. Some levels will compile to .exe and run and some wont run

The levels are largely non stock so putting a package together is a nightmare manually finding everything as theres a lot of stuff to track down unless I dump everything which amounts to gigs of stuff.

Thanks for the offer of help but I really don't want to take up your important time at this very busy period for you. If no one else is experiencing such an issue then I would not worry about my own personal issue too much..........

I am not developing anything for release with FPSC other than non game 3D worlds occasionally and If I need do any of that then I guess I can always test as I go to ensure everything will compile to .exe and run.

As to the game making I think as my levels seem to be a bit of a pain for FPSC and as there may be progress towards Reloaded I may consider as a best option completely starting my Game level making from scratch if Reloaded offers the potential to do that, rather than risk any backwards level incompatibilities with it. That also may offer the potential to improve things throughout to any current standard that FPSC (R) may offer. Seems like a plan to me anyway - should only take me about 6 months

Thanks anyway and I do hope FPSC Reloaded will find light at the end of the tunnel and be of great benefit to all.

The Warrior Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2012 07:03
i have a very big problem i have download the last update when i try to enter my test level {the level that i test my new media} it give me over 1400,it's very small level and with one light with 500 range and it was give 786 on the 120,3 update please help i cant open any level

-----------------------------------------
"The Warrior Studios Model thread 2012"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:06:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:06:47