Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 12:38
just insert more than 2 active characters and you will see the drop. dont forget that physics-calculation is what brings fpsc down, not static builds.

but you are right, when known bugs are terminated, this will be a fine piece of software.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 17:26
hey SC how does the Flashlight work? i notice it has been added.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 04:00 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 04:05
I tried this with no luck.

BTW: this was supposed to go into a triggerzones main script

Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
I found a bug in version 1.20.3!

Okay, so when I go in game after I change my character speed (to go faster) and head in game, what I get is that the speed isn't changed. (Or at least as much as I want it to. Seems to be stuck at 120 or something). Rather, I can hear my footsteps going REALLY fast, and I run at a basic, almost normal speed.

I will attach a video when I have time.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 10:23 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 14:52
@Micheal X and Pirate Myke.

The flashlight is very basic, but I've attached a script which can be used with a dynamic entity. As it is the flashlight can be toggled using the F key.

*EDIT* - I could be wrong as I've not gone back all the way back over the changes log, but I don't think the flashlight is part of Beta 3. I've a feeling it was added later and will be in the next release.

Quote: "I found a bug in version 1.20.3!"

Please suppy an FPM with any relevant scripts, a video will only show me what you're seeing, it very rarely allows me to track down a problem.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 17:21 Edited at: 8th Oct 2012 17:34
@SC: Gave that script a try in a trigger zone, and nothing happening there either. No worries, I am sure you have other things to deal with then the flashlight right now.

Let me attach it to an entity. Maybe I should get my glasses fixed so I can read the complete instructions.

I applied this to the stock torch in WW2. and used the below script. Still not functioning.

Did not know we had an etimerstop action.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 19:28
I think we have to wait for beta 4 for the flashlight. but the f key is coded in beta 3.well its okay im just going to finish my game and stick with 118. but thanks again SC for your hard work. thanks Pirate Myke for trying it out.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 03:43
Looks like Beta 4 is released.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 03:52 Edited at: 9th Oct 2012 04:03
hey SC I found a bug in beta 4 and beta 3 also have this bug. when you build test your level then decide to add a character it crashes during the process of laying the character on the map.

if you put the character down first then build test it work fine. but after you build test the level and try to put another character it does the same thing and crash.

even if you save the level you already build test and then re open it and try to drop a character on the map it will crash. this test with a fresh install of fpsc using only stock models. the model I use was WW2 models. Im using win7 32bit.

okay I found the problem this is with a level with no lights.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 04:13
Great I just opened FPSC to see a new beta. Cool though

This man with long tail just popped out and said Spagett!... It was not scary, It was just abnormal.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 04:20
the flashlight works great. thank you SC.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 04:26
I still have that same problem that Michael x is getting when placing new characters on the map.

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 06:58
Woohoo! (beta 4 is out)

Flash light time.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 09:58 Edited at: 9th Oct 2012 10:08
@The Nerevar

the work around is to place a light maker first before you place a character.

remember this only happen on level that have already been build test or build test and saved.

if you dont want to use lightmap just place a dynamic light maker.you can even change the light range to 0 and place the character.

@SC here is the fpm map. just try to place a character on it without adding a light maker.

my thought on the bug it not a big problem since there is a work around for it. but this does not happen in 118 i have test it out the same way.

on to the flashlight it works great but most may not like the fact it does not illuminate the hand. the stock hands illuminate without flashlight because of the shader. eai hands are black and without shader they illuminate when you look up. the stock model hands work great without the shader. the flashlight illuminate the hand and the gun. all in all im happy with the flashlight fpsc shaders just need improvements when it come to fpsc light source.

my suggestion. I plan to start over fresh with 120 when it comes out of beta. that mean reinstalling fpsc and all the packs and not use some old model i had since the beginning. i plan not to use shaders like for horror game type of flashlight use. once again cant thank Scene Commander enough for this great update of fpsc but all your hard work is appreciated.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 13:26 Edited at: 9th Oct 2012 13:30
Beta 4

Flak:
pointing to the ground, the flak it explodes

---------------------------------------------------
# The commands:

FLASHLIGHT=X (0-1)
FLASHLIGHTRED=X (0-255)
FLASHLIGHTGREEN=X (0-255)
FLASHLIGHTBLUE=X (0-255)
FLASHLIGHTRANGE=X (0+)

are for gunspec or fpi?

Tax

Sorry but I use a translator

Attachments

Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 13:35
The player bounces when it is created

.fpm file attachment

Tax

Sorry but I use a translator

Attachments

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
i have the same problem like The Nerevar, in beta 3 i did not have it but now with beta4 i can not place a single character. The workaround did not work for me!

Help

Corno

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 16:06
I also have this crazy bug with crashes when placing characters.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I also have this crazy bug with crashes when placing characters."

@All, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, I've made some headway but it's still a present issue. Please be patient.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 16:18
@Corno_1 did you clean out your dbo file? then did you place a light marker on the map first? then place a character after.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Corno_1 did you clean out your dbo file? then did you place a light marker on the map first? then place a character after."

yes, i did all in the right order, but it always crash

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 03:28 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 03:31
It seems to me that when the player is holding the bazooka, the flak is still not maybe just right? Also the aiming is way off. Maybe it's supposed to be that way. Anyway here is a youtube of showing the inaccuracy of the aim and that at certain distances or positions there is not explosion marks. Of course, the player wouldn't (or shouldn't) point the bazooka down at the ground.

As far as the grenades. I know I can throw a grenade much further that 100 units. I have experience in that area. It seems that if the player throws the grenade slightly at an upward angle it would go farther. It does for me. I was trying to throw a grenade over a wall and it was actually quite difficult. I'm glad this didn't happen to me with a real grenade.

An NPC seems to work fine with the bazooka but he doesn't seem to be able to throw a grenade very far either.

If you wold like me to put up a youtube of this as well, I'll be glad to do that.

BTW, you can see the player in the very beginning (not bouncing) but starting from a higher plane and then settling down to the ground. You have to pay attention closely as the video starts.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 05:14
@Corno_1 im sorry it did not work well I guess only thing to do is wait for the bug to be fix by SC.

@Scene Commander patient we will be.I Dont expect this to come out of beta no time soon. so take your time. you are still doing a great job on this.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
AngelTheKiller
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 05:48
Uhh... I have a problem :S when I jump on a entity I ether get stuck in one spot or if Im walking/running I just keep slidding till I step on a segment. Is there a fix for this?

Hello.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@All.

I've fixed the editor crash issue. I want to take a quick look at a couple of the other reported issues and then I'll see if I can get Lee to make a quick update.

In addition, the jumping is a restoration of a previous fix to attempt to settle player physics, I'll see if I can calm it.

Quote: "Uhh... I have a problem :S when I jump on a entity I ether get stuck in one spot or if Im walking/running I just keep slidding till I step on a segment. Is there a fix for this?"

Please supply an FPM using custom media only.
AngelTheKiller
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 15:12
[quote]Please supply an FPM using custom media only.[quote]
Well you see, it happens with all entities like terrain, buildings, or just anything big. I made a map (http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200655&b=35) and it always happens. I updated to beta 4 hoping it will fix it but sadly it didn't.

Hello.
MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I toggle the flashlight? Can bring it to life. Please help somebody.

Thank you!

Let's Rock!
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 23:09
The script for the flash light is in this post on this page.
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 00:23 Edited: 8th Oct 2012 04:52

Put the script in the main of a dynamic object.

Please note that it does not work with PS_2_0 shaders in that folder or the metro shaders or the the PS_3_0 shaders from Bond1.

I mentioned this to SC already.

So use just stock segments and entities if you want to see it work right now.

Fog is having the same issue also not working on those shaders.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

For anyone having problems with adding characters to the editor I've uploaded a version as a hotfix here. Remember this isn't an official update, it's just to help out users who most likely want to test out beta 4. This should also solve the flak problems reported.

SC
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 19:10
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 22:22 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 19:23
sry but your hotfix is not working for me!
for me its a map-editor fail

Edit:
all works correct, i reinstall fpsc free!

Thanks for your very good work and your fast help

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 01:58 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 02:52
The r703 did fix it so that the flak does show up for the bazooka. Flak does not show up with close distances. Maybe you designed it that way. However, there is a strange thing that happens when it is too close. Maybe he blew his arm off?

I remember back in the day when the bazooka aiming was spot on and I guess that bothers me a little bit. Is there a way to make it more accurate within the gun spec of the bazooka. I'm not familiar with that file.

You may have to run full screen to actually see the flak. I only have two shots to show it because I didn't want it to be very long.

Addendum:

It does look like it is a little more accurate when using iron sites.

Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 05:26
Downloaded BETA 4 + hotfix , So far I have only 1 problem . Characters look a bit bigger than they were . Other than that Everything is working like charm . Internal variables are fixed and now all my bars are functional . Thanks SC

"I am the night visitor when everyone is sleep , and when the last light fades"
The illusionest
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 05:44
I noticed the same thing as Mr illusionest, my characters appear bigger. Previously jaws from viral outbreak would fit into one segment, now its head reaches above one segment.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 12:45 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 14:43
Hi, a great job Scene Commander.

bug: In BETA 4, the "pickobject" don't work well.

Sorry. "pickobject" works perfectly. I made a mistake with the...

Please mod, delete this post,thanks.

E.L.E is coming
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
You are still around? o.o Amazing!

------
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 00:07 Edited at: 13th Oct 2012 00:08
@dimoxinil

Quote: "E.L.E is coming"

Not without a big update. FPSC has come a long way since those days.

The trailer was mind blowing at the time but all of the shaders on display here are readily available to all FPSC users now. Even better ones actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4tU2abXqjg&feature=plcp

You should have released like 3 years ago.

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 16:50
Scene Commander do you think it might be possible to add a scipting action to 1.20 to controll the players gun animation speed?
BedsideReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 19:07
I have a problem in Beta 4. It might just be me, but for whatever reason, I can't get a test play to run anymore. Now it starts up, and I can hear it but I can't see the test game. If I press the windows key and try to access the game, it just crashes. Also, before this started happening, I would always jump when the level started. Unfortunately I'm not at my home computer so I can't supply an FPM at the moment. Anyone having the same problem?

"I think I'm getting the 'Black Lung,' pop."

"Derrick, you've been down there for one day."
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 07:14
@Omegamer
That's actually a really cool idea, I might add it to the community mod.

-TZK

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 07:31
Quote: "That's actually a really cool idea, I might add it to the community mod."

That would be awesome, I currently need such a command
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 07:41
Done!
Latest commit of the Community mod:

Now I'll make a build and release it on the mod thread for you.

-TZK

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Well after looking at all the FPSC can do now, I have to say that my hat is off to you Scene Commander. FPSC wouldn't but what it is now without your help. I think I, among many others have taken your work for granted. Keep rolling on and keep adding these great new features!

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Wondering, why do lightning look so bad in FPSC beta 4? or any of the other betas? My lightmaptexsize is set to 512, my lightmapquality is set to 40, and my lightmapatten is set to 32....

------
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2012 09:19
I don't know Dark James. Heres my settings

lightmapatten=16
lightmaptexsize=1024
lightmapquality=75

However, these larger figures require more VM. My latest project level is requiring a little over 2000 MB. Around 2100 to 2200.

I haven't a clue as to what the lightmappattern does.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 02:17
I am getting "Runtime Error 105 - File does not exist at line 60534"

Map is only default ground on startup and a player marker

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 07:02 Edited at: 18th Oct 2012 07:35
Quote: "I haven't a clue as to what the lightmappattern does."

In simple terms lightmapatten is light fall-off or decay if you like. The range is light distance and the attenuation is a range of full brightness within this.

In some set ups you can have near and far attenuation on individual lights, it looks like FPSC globally applies this to all static lights and uses only far attenuation from zero to whatever as a percentage. I haven't looked to see if attenuation can be scripted or not for individual dynamic lights.

Higher percentages will give a harsher light and shadow effect right out to the light range 'edge' with less decay.

You only have one life ... Abuse it well.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 02:02
Ahhh, thanks rolfy. I appreciate the explanation. I haven't actually ever increased it but I will play around with it to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 04:30
Well just did a game build in the 120.4 update Run the game and during game play, if you hit <Esc Key> to bring up the menu in game, the mouse disappears and you cant make a choice. Hitting <Esc Key> again resumes the game.

I have a two monitor system and dont know if that is causing issues. any one else come across this issue?

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 07:27 Edited at: 20th Oct 2012 08:40
I would like to know why the ww2 guys kill them selves.

ww2 kill them selves in download

Life is a short trip to another world

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 07:14:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 07:14:44