Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Xbox One

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2013 20:26 Edited at: 27th Sep 2013 20:28
If it's a war between XBox and Piss4 I think the former stands more chance due to it being made by the same people that made the best OS in the world.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2013 22:05
Quote: "If it's a war between XBox and Piss4 I think the former stands more chance due to it being made by the same people that made the best OS in the world."
No.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2013 22:33
I agree. WindowsME is the greatest thing since DOS 6.2!

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2013 04:11
Quote: "I agree. WindowsME is the greatest thing since DOS 6.2!"

lol

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2013 17:14
Quote: "If it's a war between XBox and Piss4 I think the former stands more chance due to it being made by the same people that made the best OS in the world."

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 01:40 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 01:42
Quote: "If it's a war between XBox and Piss4 I think the former stands more chance due to it being made by the same people that made the best OS in the world"

Quote: "I agree. WindowsME is the greatest thing since DOS 6.2!"

haha! That is a good one Mobiius and CoffeeGrunt! Even the company that made the best OS in the world, can sometimes make mistakes....

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 04:27
Quote: "can sometimes make mistakes...."

SOMETIMES?!!

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 11:46 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 11:48
Well I suppose my understatement was understated.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 05:54
Quote: "Well I suppose my understatement was understated."

lol

creamtown
Years of Service
User Offline
I actually already watched both companies' console presentations. What i really like from Microsoft presentation is how they is more focused on its online aspect of their console, which is walking together with the current trend where everyone on this planet is hooked to social media.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 19:41
Quote: " What i really like from Microsoft presentation is how they is more focused on its online aspect of their console, which is walking together with the current trend where everyone on this planet is hooked to social media. "

Welcome to the forum! I feel guilty for what I'm about to say now since this is probably your first post here.
You are talking like a corporate board member who knows sod all about videogames and claws blindly at whatever appears to be "trending" in a vain attempt to squeeze money out of people without caring about making anything good in the process.

Formerly OBese87.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 23:20
Is creamtown a bot? or perhaps companies employ people to promote their products on forums etc.

Or maybe it's a real person in which case I apologise.

Looks like Battlefield 4 runs at a lower resolution on XBoxOne(compared to PS4), this would be disappointing for me if I had an XBoxOne but with 64 players and 60fps it's not the end of the world.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 22:39
I kind of agree with creamtown. I do like the increased social integration. I like the ability to share videos on demand to facebook, I like the ability to stream my screen to twitch, or to invite friends to take over my game to assist with tough parts. (No doubt friends of mine will do the same to me.)

Granted, a games console should be all about the games, but we know all about the gaming aspect of a console. The extra integration is a good thing in my opinion.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 23:31
Yes I agree that the social integration is a good thing, although I am not a heavy user of social media myself.

The part I was weary about was the TV integration stuff, it's something I still don't understand.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 01:39
Quote: "The part I was weary about was the TV integration stuff, it's something I still don't understand."

Do you mean wary? Weary means tired

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 10:36
Yes, I meant wary. I am not tired of the TV integration stuff

I googled around, it seems I could use XBoxOne with my TiVo box but would still need my TiVo remote for recorded programs, maybe.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 19:51
I'm looking forward to the TV integration as my Games Room TV only has two HDMI inputs, and they're being used by my 360, and my Sky box. The XBone will allow me to have 3 HDMI devices connected, whilst still only using 2 ports. And I can use the Kinect 2.0 to change channels and stuff. (Apparently.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:35:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:35:24