Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 12:52
sry, no can do, its not even close to being at all playable, sry ur losing faith, but when i hopefully get the first demo out, ull regain it ,

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 00:31 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 00:33
ive posted a new screen on the website, well not yet but i am right now
EDIT: actually after i go to church

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 00:47 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 00:50
First rule of getting out a demo.

NEVER GIVE A DATE of release. People will hold you to it. Always give estimates, such as "Coming 2005/2006"

Second rule for posting in WIP

Have screen shots ready (which you did, but I only saw one). If you don't people are going to lay the smack down on you. It's not "IIP (Idea In Progress)"

Anywho, good luck on your project. Since this is your first project that I can tell, I wish you would have started something more simpler, but to each their own.

-This...is my boomstick!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 03:48
no its not my first project , and i think its better to make one good quality game than 5 ok quality . Its quality over quantity for me . Yes im getting my second screen on now.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 09:26 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 09:57
ok, got the second, better screenshot now, find it on my website, right here http://expage.com/piratesmainpage

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks nice. How abouta close screenie of that guard character?

And if there are Zombie pirates like in the movie then why not:

Pirates of the Undead or something?

Sorry I'm not very good at coming up with names for other people's games.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 10:17
does this work?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 10:19 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 10:20
k thanks for the compliment , about the guard, its not gonna be the actual model, i dont have a modeling program for characters yet .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 10:25
and sry i have to post so many post, but it wont let me post it all at once, any ideas why? well heres some more:

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 10:26 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 10:31
and everythings messy right now.
Like i have some buildings, the sounds, the music, the menu, designs, and stuff like that but i have to pull it all together in the game . When pull some more together ill show some more screens .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 10:28 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 10:33
ok, sry it didnt let me post one sentence in the middle, idk why though, everything else was working, sry for having to do that heres the last part:
o, and about the name, ya there are "zombies" or ""dead" people walking" i guess u could call them in the movie, but sry no "zombies" in the game. Its only gonna be the setting of the movie (caribbean, 1700's, nationality=england) thats gonna be in the game, sry if that dissapoints people .

EDIT: ok it wouldnt let me put the word "s-c-a-t-t-e-r-e-d" (without the -'s), i replaced it with messy up one of the above posts. idk why, sry

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh okay. Well that you could find a name around some Port that the game takes place in and Call it Pirates of Port Whatever...

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 10:40
Port Royal is the main port, good idea, ill consider it

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 15:19
lookin good liek i said. kep it up, and i didnt say get me a demo now i said jsut work on getting a demo out before you go careening into the mmorpgesque claims, i dont want ya goin sage tech style.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 23:07 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 23:10
Hehe Sage Tech. I miss that kid...

Went to the web site. Nice to see that you have more screenshots now (2 total, but a lot more than most people).

-This...is my boomstick!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 07:12 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 07:16
@uberwiggett: ok sry i misunderstood , but ya i know the demo will only include about 1/8-1/10 of the finished game, it will only have one island(port royal), no self building or self furnituring features(which will be in the finished product ), only 4-5 out of over 40 prof's will be available, only 3 swords and guns out of about 20 types of each in the finished, and lots of more VERY cut down features. O ya, the AI WONT be near as smart in the finished, even though ive devoted 1 month of the next 4 before the demo to AI programming and the finished product will have about 6 months or more devoted to AI programming . So ya i wont be including much of my "LIKE an mmorpg in ONLY the sense of freedom" in the first demo. actually let me rephrase that, it WILL have all freedom, only like 1 or 2 side stories out of about 50 in the finished game. It just wont have the mmorpg feel of a huge, smart, do anything and everything world YET.

@Cellbloc thanks for the compliment, and sry the websites not very good, i only know how to hyperlink, change font color, and font size lol, and ya sry theres only 2 screens, im going to take the 1st one out cause it doesnt even have a sky, but ill add a few more in the next few days so keep looking , and as i go ill add more.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 03:01
2 new screen added, check website to see it!! the website is here:
http://expage.com/piratesmainpage

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks nice.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 05:03 Edited at: 26th Jan 2005 05:05
thanks
and sry the window gets in the way of the view kinda, i just dont want to change the sizes of the crossbeams in it right now

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 12:13
so...any more comments?

Foxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 16:06 Edited at: 27th Jan 2005 16:15
Yeah, the game looks like it's coming together well. By the sounds of things your really gonna put a lot into this game. Can't wait for the demo.

@Uberwigget: Arrgh, be that a picture of ye or another soul? - Cool artworky stuff

[EDIT] How about "Ye pirates tale" for a name?

If I were you and you were me, then you'd be yourself 'cos you are me and I am you.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 06:46
thanks

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
So how goes the game?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 10:39
sry i havent been posting, ive been sick with the flu for a whole week, hope that wont delay release date , and its going good thanks, im working hard to get more done asap , ill try to post some more screenies on the website in the next few days

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, can't wait to see them.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 07:02
im planning to have at least 3 new screens of the game within the next week, ill let u know when, but just check the website

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
IS the server down or something? It won't let me get onto the site.

www.war3forums.net
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 22:01
nope, it works for me try this http://expage.com/piratesmainpage

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 10:27
sry about the delay on the screens guys, had about 4 school projects to do this week and on top of that make up work from being out with the flu for a whole week, ill try to have them by Monday or Tuesday

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 08:02
sry again about the delay, i just got this stupid scaling conversion for a part of my game to work, ill try to have them tonight, and if not ill have them by tomorrow

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 12:29 Edited at: 18th Feb 2005 12:31
Finally 2 new screens(under first screens link, screens 5 and 6)!!!! check website here:http://www.expage.com/piratesmainpage
sry it took so long! , also sry its the same area, ill add one of my not very good menu tommorrow , then hopefully by next week ill add one of a new area im developing

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
The last screen was tight. I like how you did the water!

www.war3forums.net
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
If this is being code in Pro I suggest looking for some water code by Ric, I think he made some. Anyways looking good.

Also is the game 1st person?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 21:56
Quote: "The last screen was tight. I like how you did the water!"

Thanks lol, i didnt think it looked that great, it only a box textured with a water texture i got , but im glad u think it looks good (i will probably change it to something more realistic in the full version)

Quote: "If this is being code in Pro I suggest looking for some water code by Ric, I think he made some"

Ok, but if ur talking about the AWESOME water effect with waves, i thought about that, but it would DRASTICALLY drop my FPS, especially for all the water thats in the game.

Quote: "Also is the game 1st person?"

In the first demo yes, in the full version its optional. I dont want to have to be dealing with camera and third person collision and other aspects of third person(ie: getting camera to stay behind player), in the little time i have.

Thanks for the compliments! They encourage me to keep working

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 00:14 Edited at: 20th Feb 2005 00:16
heres some screens of the menu, it doesnt take a picture of the mouse, so it looks kinda wierd that the options are randomly selected, but in the game, if ur mouse is over each option it highlights it like seen in two of the pictures.
nothing selected

new game selected

extras selected

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good, I suggest changing the background/backdrop to black though.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 02:37
thanks, actually ill evenutally change the backdrop to a good complete screenshot

Clownpaint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 03:00
Fix the coulours on them buttons! i would feel sick if i played that for too long.

I dont know if you can class that as constructive criticism, but it gets the point across.

My 2p.

2.66ghz, 256mb ram, ATi radeon 9600xt 256mb graphics card, 120gb
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 03:10
k, ill change it, i know its not good , but its something

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 03:10
what should i change it to?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 02:46
anyways, 4 new screens on the website, theyre of the same area, but thought i would post something to keep u busy while i develop my new area, i know ur probably getting bored of the same area, but by about the middle of this week ill have a new area, with screens check website here: http://expage.com/piratesmainpage then go to first screens link, screens 7-10 are the new screens.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
My favorite is screen 9. 7 is weird. Can't wait for the demo! (this was all done in catography shop? Nice! I cant even make a ramp!)

www.war3forums.net
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 04:51 Edited at: 21st Feb 2005 04:53
yeah screen 9, is cool, its in the hut that u see in most of the other screens if u didnt notice, sry about 7, i guess it is wierd if u dont know what it is, its a storage yard on the second floor, ill release the floorplan of it on my website later, maybe today, the storage yard's not exactly done, which u can see part of in some of the other pictures, and sry about the text on it, im testing some things. Yeah i make the buildings using CS4, and the fences, but the dock was done just using boxes, so were the roads, cause i did them before i got CS4, and ive been too lazy to copy them in CS4 , even though it would probably increase the speed a bit.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 06:24
Nothing much but: Storage Yard Floorplan Released!! (only roughly drawn in about 5-10 minutes, but its a simple floorplan, and it shows everything, even though it may not be in exact proportions). More floorplans will be released in the future. Check website here:
http://expage.com/piratesmainpage
for the floorplans and other info.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 10:43
4 new screens added!!!!! They are screens 11-15, and are glimpses of a small bit of the new area being developed, just to the right of the current area. Also not that the screenshots now reach 15!!! which is a landmark for me , check out the website for the screens and more. Also plz note that many of these screens appear MUCH darker than they are in the game, idk why, just when u load something onto the internet it makes it darker, so sry about this inconvenience.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
It's coming along nicely. Just a question, have you worked on the combat engine?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 12:16
Quote: "have you worked on the combat engine?
"

admitedly no, but thats what im planning to do next, get the UI set up as well as a system of losing and gaining health, after i finish developing this next part im going to start on that, I was actually looking for how to do a health bar tonight .

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool. Can't wait to see some screens of with the huds and some screens of combAt.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 22:12
Cool, Ill get working on that ASAP, I'm open to any suggestions for combat or UI.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 22:38
i just realized that screens 11,13,14, and 15 dont work for me, they go to a page cannot be displayed, does it work for everyone else?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 21:51:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 21:51:40