Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
K, I think I have 1 more function to fix, after that, it'll be sent to anyone who wants it. Only problem is it might run VERY slow because we don't get arrays in types yet.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 10:32 Edited at: 17th Apr 2005 10:47
here is a treasure chest, again basic stuff, wip, etc...no textures yet for this one, bath time for the little ones....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 13:50
sry for not responding, was at a baseball game .

@Nitrixik Studios: Sounds good, but as you know, if you looked at the website, release date has been changed to the more generic summer 2005. I need to start trying to put in the terrain to the buildings, which i havent even tried yet, lol, even though i have terrain.
@Heckno:Not sure if they worked yet, sry, havent downloaded them. Thanks for doing those!

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been reading about imagebuilder, built by RealViz, it would help make some good textures:

www.realviz.com

(for the buildings)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Lukas, that's quite an ingenius idea. I couldn't have done it. Great job. Some of those things will be added in to some types that I'm using. I just can't wait until we have arrays in types, it'd make my job so much easier. Could you add some sort of part that gets all of the stuff that has been said? if you do that, I'll put the journal together (i don't like physical stuff, i only like behind the scenes, so I'd just make it a compilation)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Sent it, Gil. And where've you been?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 12:40
sry, had company over today . Ill check it, sounds good .

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 18:32 Edited at: 18th Apr 2005 18:33
hmm, does anyone knows what is wrong with my dbpro compiler if i cant run the executable it creates, when I open a project i have created?

this is what i have tried
* re-install
* install U58
* re-activated
* starting dbpro
* open a U58 example file
* compile, run -> it runs
* open the talk system file
* compile, run -> wont run
* print "hello world" : wait key
* compile, run -> it runs

edit:
when i get home from school, i will try to re-install U57 and uninstall U58. maybe that will help..

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 22:18
I had this problem the other day, (Thats if its says that not all of the compiler files are there) Just uninstall DBP, then install it again, reinstalling it for repairs doesn't work, you have to uninstall it first for some reason

seppukuarts.95mb.com
http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=seppukuarts&sid=6d001fe0d28673fadefc46d4d1a99ec4 Forum containing Team requests
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 22:33
ahh. i 'repaired' it... will try to 'uninstall' it

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Lukas, would you like to see the inventory system code? Gil, I'll start the media-example for you this week, should be done by Sunday.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 07:14 Edited at: 19th Apr 2005 07:15

thats what i've done so far, but i rendered it in ts 5 demo. Remember this is a rendered image an may decieve you of what it will really look like

seppukuarts.95mb.com
http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=seppukuarts&sid=6d001fe0d28673fadefc46d4d1a99ec4 Forum containing Team requests
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 07:48
@Nitrixik Studios: Sounds great, i emailed you.
@Seppuku Geijutsu: Looks great! Only thing is, if those are all one object, i really need them to be seperate, like the stool and the desk, so then we can seperately position each of them. Maybe we could just use limb commands though.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 08:02
they are seperate don't worry

seppukuarts.95mb.com
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 09:02
cool

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't think I'll be able to work on the example today, but I'll start tomorow for sure.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 11:50
k, sounds good.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 16:19
@Seppuku
you are right, thanks that worked.

@nitrixik
yeah, i would love to see that inventory.
I could never had done a inventory system

@Gil
allright, now that my dbpro compiler works again I can start fixing those new problems. and I'll try to find a way to store what has been said. and the If Then thingy. but it will have to wait until after school.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2005 21:09
Truespace should come this week so I can finish all of the models for you and s should Cinema 4D CE 6, so do you guys need any FMV's because those 2 progs have an awesome rendering quality

seppukuarts.95mb.com
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm willing to make a journal, which will closely involve storing what's been said. If you want to work with art, you should make an action window (can be used for conversations) which can be for conversations, inventory, and journ al, you just paste different sprites. It would save a lot of loading. And Lukas, I don't mean to be a scavanger, but I stink at writing movement code, so do you mind if I use your movement code for the demo? And I'll even try to encorporate the talk system, maybe work on a way so that you can recieve items. Would the received items be just for quests, or would there be other ways to get them? if only for quests, then it'd be easy, but otherwise, it might take a while to check the whole items array (unless when you load a level, you delete it, then just copy over what 's in the inventory and the new items from the next level) Sorry, I just keep rambling on, but that's what falling asleep at school is like. O well, got a flash project to work on.

O, ya, could I have the download link to those models, seppuku? I might try to make a bigger scene so you can see what it looks like.

Just thought of another rambling comment:

When you save/load a game, for the journal, how about a bunch of encrypted 1's and 0's saying what you've seen and not seen? same could be done for talking topics. Lukas, add another type for the talk-topics, that says if it's been heard or not.

Regards,

Nitrixik

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2005 02:56
Yeh i will post them on my website server

seppukuarts.95mb.com
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2005 03:04
I will as soon as i sort out the exporting, i've only had troubles with the mug and textures, the glass is fine, it's shaders exported but i don't think they will load in darkbasic so use the alpha mapping command in DB if they don't

seppukuarts.95mb.com
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
the what? i hate having to mess around with alpha junk an shaders, so please try to get it to work. if not, i'll have to learn about it first...

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2005 05:46
don't worry if it don't open in DBP with its shaders i know how to use them and i will just send you the shader code if they don't load, i would have tried it by now and i would try it now but its my sister's birthday and well i haven't had time to revise today yet lol

seppukuarts.95mb.com
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2005 12:58
Journal idea and encrypted 1's and 0's sounds good Nitrixik Studios .

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Still no progress done, but I'm supposed to have 0 homework thursday, so maybe then.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2005 16:12 Edited at: 20th Apr 2005 16:47
yeah, go ahead and use that movement code.

if im allowed I can write the movement code for the game, i just have to finish some stuff on it first (ill be using it for the onGameDev competition)

and yeah, ill give it a try on that type. just give me some days, there are some days I can not work at all, and they vary from week to week. but ill try to get the v1.2 done by saturday.

irght now im making a list of updates and bugs. just to get a better view of what i should do; i dont remember everything in my head

allright, here is the list I got:

= Not Fixed
= Fixed

[BUGS]
Not Able to add new topics
Letters are spaced with different space sizes
Slow frame rate (mine runs at 12fps)
Camera rotates when goodbye is pressed

[ADD]
answer differently if topic is asked twice
WASD to move
Topics can be expanded
Scrollbar
What has been said thingy

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2005 23:20
@Nitrixik Studios: k, cool.
@Lukas W: looks good, thanks . Oh, and i have an off topic question for you if you dont mind . Did you grow up speaking English cause for a second language you can write it very well . You even seem to know American slang and stuff . Also from what i can tell your only in college or high school.

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 03:58 Edited at: 21st Apr 2005 03:59
wip, character for pirates

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 07:53
cool! so glad your going with the style! i was afraid that it would be cartoony and disproportional!

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Better than anyone on my Warcraft3 team could model!

I'm likely to be getting busier, which seems wierd because I'm having less homework. The thing is, I'm starting an FPS, level editor, RTS, and other junk. Most of them won't be finished, but o well. But, soon the demo will be done (ltr 2nite, hopefully)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 16:58
wow, that is so much better than i can model
really nice, and with a nice skin it will look real pretty.

gil, yeah i grew up with english.. like, i have always played games and watched movies, so ive learned alot from that. i started learning english when I was 7, and im still learning even now 10 years later. When I speak english its hard for me to find the right words, but ive spoken to many english people, they say they couldnt hear if i was norwegian or english that is wicked.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 23:00
cool

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry bout the demo. It should be done 2nite, but it's still VERY likely that it won't be done. Infact, I'll just add on to Lukas's program, it'd save me time, and it would be cool to do both. I'll just move the people to one side and the objects to another.

On a side note, I might help us make better maps, with objects in places. Can't say too much atm... Gil, email me and we'll talk bout it. And what time zone are you in?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 07:21
Truespace 5 arrived in the post today, now I can get to work with those models

http://seppukuarts.95mb.com (website)
http://seppukuarts.proboards45.com (forum)
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 07:57
@Nitrixik Studios: k, take your time. What do you mean "better maps, with objects in places" . And im in Central time zone, in the USA. I check and respond to posts in the morning before school, but dont have a chance to respond and check them again for another 7 1/2 hours, hehe.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
You mean you never get to post during lunch or something? That's unlucky.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 10:31
nope . I actually could probably go to the library during lunch. But i dont have any classes i could do it in.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 16:09 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2005 20:03
hehe, I sit in front of the computer all day (except 2h on mondays, when we have gymnastiks)
but I dont have db here so it is really boring. but there is always a WIP to download and test out

ok. the link to my forums is: http://lukasw.netfreehost.com
i created a board where only where have access, so join and ill add you to the group. itl be cleaner to have different topics for the talk system and inventory thingy.. and all that.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 22:59
cool, ill join asap. I think i could maybe actually check them in World Geography. But only when we do things on the comp, most stuff is Power Points, hehe. But the teachers nice and he doesnt care when other students play "Unreal Tournament" (Somehow its downloaded on all the comps, lol)

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
WTF! We aren't allowed to even play games from miniclip here! Fortunatly, I'm a teacher's favorite (because I can program) so I'm allowed to be on this forum w/o any compliants. But that also means he expects a lot from me.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2005 07:47
your teacher lets on a forum, and I get along with mine trying to get the most and I get threatened to lose my internet access, although I still go on behind her back

http://seppukuarts.proboards45.com (forum)
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Finished and sent the inventory example.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2005 20:39
I get this error: "variable 'Items' Does not exist at line 758"

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2005 03:45
me too.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I sent the crapped up version last night. I was half asleep. As soon as I get enough time, I'll send the good version. (fortunatly, I took a backup)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't get this to work. Lukas, could I send you the original code and you make an example? If you need help understanding what to do, you can ask me. The problem last time was I fogot the arrays

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2005 16:04
ok, ill try to work it out

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2005 07:33
Sorry for no model updates I just got Cinema 4D CE 6 and was trying to teach myself its tools

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2005 13:06
its np, take ur time , u got until the end of the summer, lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 05:02:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 05:02:12