Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey Lukas W, go to msn..

Morning Online making in my scripting system
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 23:22
ahh ok, i was just wondering. i dont have any money to spend at the moment, im going to buy a network card for my ps2 soon.

but after that, who knows. maybe ill get me a 3d modelling program.

GogetaX,
i rather not go on msn on this computer; msn slows it down VERY much.
i can hardly sit on firefox

webpage is finally working.. sort of
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 23:40
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh ok..
well check out my WIP post (Morning Online)

Morning Online making in my scripting system
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 07:17
ok will do

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 14:00
Hey Lukas, welcome back . Maybe ill start working on it some more now, actually im pretty sure i will, i think we should start doing that beginning of the game to end, you know, startup, create character, and stuff . I dont have much time, but i just saw you were back, i didnt even get to read all of your post or anyone elses, well ill get on when i have more time to post and respond to some stuff.

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 21:14
i only have one problem. in a previous post i mentioned my 'development pc' is broken. well as you might guess, all my projects, including 'POPR' are on that computer. ill see if i can manage to bring the data from that hd to this somehow.

anyhow i have dbpro on this computer, only it runs really slow.

im working on a game for the onGameDev Retro competition. it will be my first 2d game apart from that i will have all the time there is in the world to do any other stuff. except i have a brother and a sister who also wants to use this computer

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 08:18
ok, i can resend you whatever you need . Just make a list and ill send it.

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 01:09
FINISHED! The hell I'm gonna do another one, it was hell as it was, last ship I'll ever make, here are 2 views.

I have to do some further editing, because in DBP you will get this

This will easily be solved by selecting the weird faces and flip them with flip normals, personally, I would've though there would be more like this, I guess I was wrong.
As for texturing, It'll be hell to UV map, but I might be able to come up with a good texture, but I think someone has the job of doing that right?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 02:01
with texture in a nice render, and well I will post the texture too, as an attached file, you can use it where you like, it was made in Woodworkshop, a free app, so don't give me full credit for the texture, the file is .BMP so no quality is lost.
oh and heres the render

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice job seppuku!

My Blog Is Seriously Disturbing. Come and Be Disturbed!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 05:23
Awesome!!!!

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 13:23
thanks, I'll work on the normals and should be exported ready for monday afternoon, hopefully, assuming nothing gets away, and well something likely will, because PAYDAY! Now I got a visa electron I can buy a bunch of crap off of TGC and Amazon without going, 'Dad I'll give you £40 if you get this for me'

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 14:33
that ship is awesome!

and gil,
i need the talk system, the main code and Nitrixiks Inventory or the one i rewrote if you have it. ill try to implement these into the maincode, if you havent allready

or do we just start with the main menu at once?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 14:43 Edited at: 29th Jul 2005 14:46
thanks, took me ages and that makes me glad you guys like it, it almost made me swear an oath to never to one again I'll get you the poly count, they are always important .......

poly count, nice and low, 642, that should run smoothly, if you want it wider I'll strech it, and well I didn't add any object in the inside, because I'm sure the programmer will do that.

Um I got a question, for the texture, do you want to keep the one above, or do you want something more rough or smooth, explain how you want it to look and I can generate it in Wood workshop for ye

Oh and to the programmers, can DBP disable backface culling, if it can then I won't need to play with normals, I know theres a cull command I think, maybe that can sort it, unless you want it turned on for any other reason, then I'll play with them

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 19:02
Quote: "and gil,
i need the talk system, the main code and Nitrixiks Inventory or the one i rewrote if you have it. ill try to implement these into the maincode, if you havent allready "

k, ill send it in a few minutes . Do you want to implement as we go, or first? For the first part we need a menu, i was hoping to get something like parchment for the buttons and then rotating screenshots in the background or something...what do you think?

Quote: "thanks, took me ages and that makes me glad you guys like it, it almost made me swear an oath to never to one again I'll get you the poly count, they are always important .......

poly count, nice and low, 642, that should run smoothly, if you want it wider I'll strech it, and well I didn't add any object in the inside, because I'm sure the programmer will do that.
"

Cool, thats awesome , great job! .

Quote: "Um I got a question, for the texture, do you want to keep the one above, or do you want something more rough or smooth, explain how you want it to look and I can generate it in Wood workshop for ye
"

Hmm...i like the one above, but is there a way i could see the other texture, or see it with the other texture please? Oh, and could you please make the barrels wooden , i dont think they had metal barrels then, if thats what they are . Thanks, and sorry for making you change something again, hope its not too much work, i love the ship, once again!! Glad to see you got and inside to it too, thats what i was hoping for .

@Lukas: So...about starting. What should we start with? Obviously the menu, so should one of us make the menu, or should we get one of the 2-3 people back a bit who volunteered to help, if theyd like. I think there was Anime Blood, and then at least one other, sorry, i forgot who . You guys want to help still? Then we'll need the submenu's, but we need to design that first, i can design it, but anyone who wants to is welcome to help, anyone want to? . Also, Lukas, we need to do something about the FPS, even if you have another program thats any decent size (not internet explorer in otherwards, lol ), it does some really wierd stuff, like when i have CS4 open, it deletes half the objects, the sky, turns things blue, its wierd, lol. I really want to send you the media for the game, but i dont know how, its 200 something megabytes i think, lol, (not all the media is used yet ), and i can only send 5 megabytes at a time in email. Anyone know of a file host or something?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 19:30
at Gil, the barrels aren't metal, just forgot to apply texture lol, I'll try various wood textures, see what you like best, I've already got one made thats a bit rough, I would apply it and host, but I got Karate soon and wanna check all my messeges.

Oh and to draw emphasis to an important question I asked in my last thread, Will DBP be able to turn off the backface culling so I have one less job, last time I flipped normals, it took me ages, luckily, there's less to flip this time, but it still would save 1/2hour to 1h1/2 of flipping

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 19:45
Quote: "at Gil, the barrels aren't metal, just forgot to apply texture lol, I'll try various wood textures, see what you like best, I've already got one made thats a bit rough, I would apply it and host, but I got Karate soon and wanna check all my messeges.

Oh and to draw emphasis to an important question I asked in my last thread, Will DBP be able to turn off the backface culling so I have one less job, last time I flipped normals, it took me ages, luckily, there's less to flip this time, but it still would save 1/2hour to 1h1/2 of flipping "

o, lol, ok . And sorry, i dont know the answer to that question, never played around with or used culling , sorry, Lukas should know .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 19:52
k fair enough, I'll flick through the DBP command set and test it

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 23:13
culling in dbpro will only make all the polygons on the object visible.
so if there is a box with 6 polygons then with the cull command you will turn the polygons that are inside the box that we dont see, on.

you will have to mirror them in your 3d program, because dbpro cant fix it.

i have to go now and dont have time to answer the rest Gil. sorry:-P

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 01:42
damn, so the culling command doesn't disable back faces, bugger, well time to take it off of symettry and go normal flipping

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 12:53 Edited at: 30th Jul 2005 13:17
i think we just make a menu, a really basic one all b/w and we make one each. then we have some layouts we can choose between/put together somehow. what do you think?

i think maybe the menu should be like:

but that is just some real basic stuff. and i dont know all the games features.

edit,
i think ill try to implement everything into the main file. but without media i cant run and test it.. so ill do what i can and afterwards i can make a menu layout. ? what do you think?

edit,
i searched the net for web host. and i found this:
http://www.xoopiter.com/
250mb space, 2gb bandwidth

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 13:59
I like the menu idea, I think you could add gamma, some people have dark resolutions on their PC, like me, unlike me they won't have a gamma correction app, well some might

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 18:03
@Lukas: Good idea . I'll upload it to that, and email you where to download it .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 06:23
hmm...still no confirmation email...

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 00:32
ok, know of any other file hosts? lol

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 04:02 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2005 04:43
cool! Thanks . Its uploading now, hopefully itll work .
EDIT: *sigh* nope, it wont "connect" or something, any others you know of?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 13:38
WTF? Thats odd, I use that to host my stuff and we use it to host all the rush stuff, weird

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 17:27
yeah, under "File Progress" it says "connecting... Do not reload this page.", and i waited over 30 minutes and it still wont work.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 20:15
how big was the file? depending on your connection and file size it may take a while, I've found it doesn't always show the upload progress and stops at connecting until the upload is finished

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 22:38
oh, well the files 200 something megabytes, so i guess ill just leave it up for a while then

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 00:51
that explains it, i'd do it in the morning then you can make sure is doing something about 4 hours later (would only take 1 for me, but never can be too sure about their server )

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 18:22
dang, i checked on it after a few hours, and it was at a "Page cannot be displayed" page .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 18:34
bugger thats harsh, I'd say new host to be safe

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 20:46
hi, ive been on another small vacation and never got the time to say i was going. but im home now. and ill be home for a really long while.

anyway today im kind of tired today so ill start tomorrow if i get the chance to sit on the computer. just wanted you to know that

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 03:32
@Seppuku: It lets me do smaller files, hmm...
@Lukas: Ok, cool

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 10:28
why not upload four 50megs files?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 15:49 Edited at: 5th Aug 2005 15:50
I swear it says 'no upload limit' it has to let big files, its a host dedicated to games and game demos, people will upload 500meg files or bigger I've had the problem page come up too, I guess you have to upload again, if not, swear at your computer stick your middle finger up, and try somewhere else

[edit] mispelled finger, I'm such an idiot

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 19:08
@Lukas: I did try, but not very hard, ill try again though .
@Seppuku: lol, ok, ill try again if the 50 meg thing doesnt work.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 00:02 Edited at: 7th Aug 2005 00:04
hey gil, i found a host if you havent allready. and i was bored so i made a new website.. its really nothing, just some simple boxes and some colored text. anyway the host give us 500mb space and i think it is 2gb bandwith.. that is quite good. i will email you with all the 'admin' info. if you upload the files to this host upload via a ftp tool or just use windows explorer and log on via ftp.

website popr.gwgaming.net we can make a dot tk account and use the domain www.popr.tk or something? just a thought.

anyway you didnt send me the newest version of the talk system and the inventory system. hmm, well ill get my pc back up in a few days hopefully so ill get them then.

now on to that email

off topic:

edit:
just made the link a hotlink

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 16:01
today i start school again. *SIGH*. NO!!!! Its too soon. I am sitting here writing this before i leave, so...wish me luck .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 16:25
hard luck dude! G'luck, I start September 4th for 6th Form woot, teachers will treat us like equals and no uniform, cut lines, kids will look up to us, pool table, drinks machine, lounge, and only 4 lessons, so we get free periods.......not that I'm excited, I'm looking forward to my holiday not school lol.

remember
2x(x+1) + 1(x+x) =
2x2 + 3x
that'll keep the maths teacher off of ye back....WOOT I NEVER HAVE GO TO ANOTHER MATHS LESSON...oops I didn't mean to rub it in

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 00:45
lol, thanks. The day went good, i have all good, nice teachers, being in Honors, the teachers are nicer, and treat you better and with more respect.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 01:02
same was in year 10/11 but you had the odd superior one, but well for 6th formers you get the cushy life I mean if your house income 30k or under you get paid to go to 6th form, our income was 50k last time i was told (well my dad earnt that much, but that was two promotions a go, according to the careers program at school he should've earnt 60/70k trust bank bosses to cut him short )

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 01:30
lol, sorry, but whats all this stuff about "formers"? I dont think we have that in the US.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 01:39
6th formers, are people in sixth form.... lemme explain

in primary school you get reception class(kindergardeners)
then year 1-6 then at secondary school its year 7-11, thats compulsory education over, you can quit school at year 11 (age 16) now some people go off to get a job, some go for apprenticeships (learning in a field of work) others go to college(AS/A levels, and other qualifications) or 6th form(for AS and A levels, being advanced qualifications, hence 'a') 6th form is done at most schools and colleges, first years is worth an as level, usually you do 4 and drop on for the second year at the end of the second year you get an a level, so generally you'd come out with 3 A levels and 1 AS, (of subjects of your choice) then you can go onto university for a degree, then masters the PhD

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I think 6th form is like a senior. I have a cousin thats one of them.

My Blog Is Seriously Disturbing. Come and Be Disturbed!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 02:21
Senior? makes me feel old (then again I get called a senior grade at karate, why can't they say 'advanced' thats what they call us at Van Weenans dojo )

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 03:44
Quote: "in primary school you get reception class(kindergardeners)
then year 1-6 then at secondary school its year 7-11, thats compulsory education over, you can quit school at year 11 (age 16) now some people go off to get a job, some go for apprenticeships (learning in a field of work) others go to college(AS/A levels, and other qualifications) or 6th form(for AS and A levels, being advanced qualifications, hence 'a') 6th form is done at most schools and colleges, first years is worth an as level, usually you do 4 and drop on for the second year at the end of the second year you get an a level, so generally you'd come out with 3 A levels and 1 AS, (of subjects of your choice) then you can go onto university for a degree, then masters the PhD"

wow...i lost you at the you can quit at age 16 part, lol. In the US, 5 year olds go to Kindergarten, 1st through 5th grade is Elementary School, some places its 1st through 6th, then 6,7,8 is Middle School, 9, 10, is high school, 11 and 12 is senior high. You can drop out at age 16, if your an idiot, lol, but most finish high school. Then you can go to college. 2 years is some degree i forgot the name of, lol, 4 is a bachelors, usually for specializing in most professions, 6 is a doctorates, usually for medical stuff, and 8 is a masters, for things like lawyer, specialized doctors, etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 04:01:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 04:01:44