Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
They worked for me.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
AtomR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 02:04
If I was you I'd do the menu a bit more original. Like a tresure chest with lost of coins and treasure and in different coins, different menu items. But that's just me

Take care
AtomR
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 07:00 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2005 07:01
k, yeah ill change the menu , with pictures and stuff. Also I'd like to say that ive started designing a health/life system, which is pretty unique and will be pretty cool, if i do say so myself. I'm trying to work out a crafting system, which ill explain later, but im open to combat engine and crafting system suggestions. Ill also explain the health system a bit later(or maybe i should keep it secret )

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 22:27
ok, i have something for yall to do. Vote on which screen you like the best on the website. #2-#15. I'm thinking about posting it here, so people will want to check my website for more, because after they see the crappy menu pictures they wont want to go, lol

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 10:36
doesnt anybody want to vote

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 22:07
k, thanks, anyone else?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 07:35
ok, well this voting thing isnt as popular as id have liked it to be , so i guess ill just post screen #15, since after 1 day only 1 person has voted

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 07:49
ok, when the internet starts working upstairs again ill post it, cause its really dark right now, because for some reason transfering it using a USB drive makes it darker. And the internet only works downstairs right now.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Gil, email me with a description of a hud you would like for your game, because I'm bored and no one has seen the graphics design on my site so I thought I'd do one last free thing.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 07:57
k, thanks , will do , anyone have any suggestions for combat or crafting system? The combat will be real-time NOT turn based, btw.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Make the combat realistic not some boring combat like Elder SCrolls 3: Morrowind had. Also cratinf should be like the one in that craptastic game Runescape except it should have many improvements made to it.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 08:57
ok, ill try not to make combat boring , and what a coincidence!! thats the exact game i started basing my crafting system off of, lol , thats an awesome game, especially for being free. So yeah i was thinking like crafting the different parts then combining, but adding the need for resources like metal in there. Also what should i do to improve it? As well as the combat system, whats wrong with Morrowinds that they could do better(never played it)?

P.S. Ill get that email to u soon

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Morrowind's combat is it's worst feature for starts. Lets see you stab, do a downward slash and a horizantal slash however it doesn't give you a feel of excitement as you battle your enemies, the sword just swings in a dull way, the character (when in 3rd person) just swings it's arm or lunges it. It's hard to describe, I'd suggest going to IGN.com or something and watching some gameplay videos of the combat if you can find any. Or if you have enough money go out to walmart and buy the game for 10 bucks.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 09:11
k, thanks

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
De nada.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure waht the title of the game is but I was bored and made a possible logo for it, it's a shrunk down version though:

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 10:42
wow! thats cool! howd u make it? Thanks! sry about the delay on the email, ill do it right now

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay. I made in PSP 8.0 Is that the name of the game if so I'll make a better larger version.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:03
@Animeblood: You've got mail (sry if i accidentally sent it twice)

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
That's okay, anyways I replied.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:11
ok, thanks, from now on you can send emails to me to compkid328@aol.com, i just had to send that one from a different email address

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:16
btw, what did you make that logo using?

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Paint Shop Pro 8.0

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:21
o, cool, never heard of it

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Check you AOl Email.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:23
ok, thanks and is that paint 8.0 thing free?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:25
ok, and sry actually just send that to the other email address, sry

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, not PSP 8 is about 50 dollars now, since version 9 is out which is 120 bucks.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:32
ok, and also i have a little bad news. Part 2 (the new developing area) probably wont be finished until a little after next weekend, due to me getting into designing/working on the UI, combat and crafting, which is good news cause im starting on those earlier than expected. Also anime blood if an email doesnt have an attachement just send it to compkid328@aol.com if it does send it to the original one. Thanks. O and on the person, mostly like that, except im not sure i want the curved chest and head, it may give it a bit more of a cartoony look, which im not really going for, and sry i forgot to erase the line between the shoulders and the chest when i sent that picture to you, it should just be one part. Thanks again.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:34 Edited at: 24th Feb 2005 11:41
Oh okay. Gotcha was just trying to give it less of a boxy look.

Check your email.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:42
k great thanks

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:43 Edited at: 24th Feb 2005 11:43
thats better thanks
EDIT: i got ur email thats why i said thats better

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
So have you figured out the damage part or will I have to make a ton of sprites for each level of damage to each part???

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:44 Edited at: 24th Feb 2005 11:45
hmm...maybe i could just change from green-->yellow-->orange-->red, at least for the first demo for right now, instead of a gradual change

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh okay. So you now how you could change the hue of the parts in DBP.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:52 Edited at: 24th Feb 2005 11:53
not sure about that, ink rgb wouldnt affect it because its not a shape made in DBP. Maybe we should start a thread on how to do this.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess I know a very slow way but it would greatly decrease FPS if it actually worked, which I doubt it would.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Use the GuildWars crafting system to base yours on.

www.war3forums.net
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 12:04
well im not sure then if itll decrease FPS, im already having to think of ways around low FPS and i only have 5 out of about 50 buildings!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 12:05
never played that, whats it like?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 12:21
k, im going to bed for the night, so dont expect any replies for at least 10 hours, then im off to school for 8 more hours *sigh*

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 07:35
k, finally home from school, ready to continue discussions. So what is the crafting like on GuildWars Death Stalker?

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
The crafting system in GuildWars is where you find materials in the wild and you use them along with gold to craft armor and other things.
Anyways what is the games definat title so I can make you a logo.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 08:35
oh, ok, the game still doesnt have a definite title , lol, i want to replace the name "pirates" or "carribean" in the name to change it so itll be "Treasures of the Caribbean", or "Pirates of Port Royal" or something like that. Let me look at the first threads and see if i liked any of those, even though most were sarcastic about it

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
OKay, personally since the main place is Port Royal I'd call it that. And also will there be any Jack Sparrow esque characters? Ya know for Comic relief?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 09:14
yes, but not cartoony, just humerous

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome, if you didn't know comic relief just means the kind of thing where you can look to it for some humour. You probably did though.

Anyways have you decided on the title?
Cus I have a cool idea for a logo.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2005 09:28
i like ur idea for the title go with it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 05:28:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 05:28:28