Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 09:46
I might start it now, and i was hoping youd join, since uve already helped me out some, and uve been following the game for a long time

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 10:33 Edited at: 20th Mar 2005 10:34
k, made a team request on the team request board, but for some reason they have to approve it even though im not new so keep looking. Hopefully youll find something Anime Blood.

EDIT: Im going to add the positions of "General Programmer" and "Game Designer" when the post shows up and i can edit it.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 10:50
k, its there

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 11:47
k, got everything on it, yall can have a look at it.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 13:00
ok, well noones replied but one person yet, and they decided to be a jerk, so...anime blood r u going to join?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 22:59 Edited at: 20th Mar 2005 23:52
ok, im forgetting about the team request, because everyone thinks im a control freak about it. Sry.

Ok, i made a new request, hopefully im less "control freakish" in this one, hehe.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Gonna check it out now, I've been playing Guild Wars.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
You have guild wars? I've been too busy working. But I'll probably play some 2nite.

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2005 04:06
cool, i replied to your post. Whats guild wars, hehe, MMORPG? Thanks for offering help guys!

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2005 19:54
Guild Wars is the Best MMORPG Game ever made!! too bad my computer sux so there is no point me buying it yet.. and i accidently destroyed my own computer when I removed the battery from the mother card.. so im sitting on my sisters computer :p

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Haha.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2005 06:43
well i went to gamestop sunday and saw it, but it was only out to be able to reserve it, so i figured it isnt out yet. I also didnt see it when i looked in the shelves.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I was playing the beta of it...

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2005 07:16
o, hehe, ok, im on IM

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
It said you just signed off.

xzaros
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey gil do u need a 3d modeller id love to help out? I think u already seen my work in another post where u sed u liked my axes

mahhhhhhh
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2005 03:25
Yes!!!!!! Im sry i didnt post earlier, for some reason this thread wasnt blue , so i didnt think there were any new people. Yes, im in desperate need of a modeller, thank you so much! See the team request for Pirates of Port Royale if you need more info.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2005 11:52
I really hope you read this again, since i dont know your email address hehe

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2005 13:58 Edited at: 28th Mar 2005 13:59
in spirit of the your game I whipped up a muskett ( beware it's real basic)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
That's actually good!

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2005 12:55
Thanks Nit, I get so bored that i search these boards for stuff to build.....

I do want to see more of this pirate game, the screenies look pretty decent

GO Gil GO
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2005 23:59
yeah, thats good! hehe, thanks!

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
This is now our official board for all of our work. Where is the error you got?

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2005 13:22
When i run the program, it comes up saying the compiler has an error, and asks if i want it to send an error report. Just like before .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2005 13:33 Edited at: 31st Mar 2005 13:44
Quote: "Hey gil do u need a 3d modeller id love to help out? I think u already seen my work in another post where u sed u liked my axes
"

xzaros, where r u? Id love to have you join the team

EDIToes anyone have any info on xzaros? Im trying to track him down, but i dont see any threads made by him. Does anyone know of a thread by him? Im afraid that if i post a thread saying "xzaros-Pirates of Port Royale-please read" Ill get in trouble and itll only get locked.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you have 5.8?

Maybe put a post in the general section. You shouldn't get in trouble there. And if you need help with water, look at my post in the code snippets forum.

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Goin on vacation. I'll be back next weekend.

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Dontforget to discuss at theboards I setup.

Its more private.

Urbia Rising: A platformer. Coming in a long time.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2005 00:04
@Nitrixik Studios: k, have fun
@Anime Blood: yeah if its too private then just post on Anime Bloods forums.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2005 16:13
ok, im sort of finished with what I was working on.

here is what ive done:

-NPCs have talk-bubble when they want to talk to player
-NPCs have a database of all available topics
-Talk System (will try to improve it.. but it works 100%)
-When Talking to NPC, NPC search their database to see if they can answer to the topic.
-Every NPC will have a file with their name on it, where the Talk-Database is.. the folder which holds it will get pretty big when every single NPC is added

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2005 23:49
k, cool, thanks!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2005 08:27 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2005 08:29
k, well we're still accepting new team members, preferably modelers! . If youd like to join Heckno, it looks like you have some talent .

EDIT: @anime blood: whats wrong with ur website? it says its under routine maintenence or something.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Just cilck refresh and it should work.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 02:44
k, cool, got it to work, heres what everyones working on:
Anime Blood: Mission Designing/Texture Making
Lukas W: NPC talk system
Nitrixik Studios: Inventory
Me: Managing team/modeling buildings/designing

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 05:07 Edited at: 4th Apr 2005 05:09
hi.

@anime blood
i cant go to your website using iexpolre whitout dling alot of stuff.. and there are alot of popups too... so could you post/email the link to the forum please? that would be great.

@Gil
the talk system works allright.. all i need to do is how to implement quests and how to recieveloose items and a few more stuff.
but you are able to talk to the npcs and it works really well. im actually a bit proud
and i dont think there is much left to do except wait for some more stuff to be finished.. (i dont know how the inventory system works so it is kind of hard for me to continue on..)

is there anything else to do in the meantime?

[edit]
oh, and by the way:
now that the U58 is released, will we use that one or do we continue on with 5.7? if i write something in 5.8 it might not work if you are using 5.7

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.koetsu.phpbbforfree.com

I think that's it.

It was kinda made with FF in mind.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 05:24 Edited at: 4th Apr 2005 05:25
ok ok, thanks

sorry.. it was Teh Wrong.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 05:28 Edited at: 4th Apr 2005 05:32
well is there much of a differnece for 5.8 from 5.7? also do u think u could email me the code for the talk system? it sounds great. Currently nitrixik studios has the inventory system coded, but for some reason it makes the compiler have a bug. Try it out, its on the team website. We'll figure out how to implement quests and stuff also a bit later. Some things you could work on while i try to get things sorted out if you want:
-Save and Load functions
-Program more AI (Money exchange, whats a good deal, so they dont buy something way overprice from you, just their intelligence, etc.)
-Program free-mouselook camera, up to a certain point, so ur not upside down
-Program collision

I think thats about all for the programming part, so if you want u can do one of those . Thanks!

EDIT: o sry forgot someone in our team, even though hes only really part-time, hes still in the team .
-Captain Colorblind:Sound
O, and if i can ever contact xzaros again *sigh*, hes our modeller.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 05:33
ok, cool.

i will see if i can email the source.. (im on another computer now)
btw, have you seen in the general talk? i found that dudes email

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Try this:

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/?mforum=koetsu

Don't know if it stillls works since they use subdomains.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 05:38 Edited at: 4th Apr 2005 05:44
yeah , i just checked general talk, thanks a lot! . Im also on a different computer right now, and i dont know my email account password , because its saved on my PC, but ill be home this afternoon, and ill write him an email and check to see if youve sent urs. Also, just curious, anime blood, have u designed or have any ideas for quests?

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 05:44
thats the one, cheers

gil, i was about to send the file when it suddenly hit me: i dont have your email

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 06:10
o, hehe, its compkid328@aol.com

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 06:11
im going home, ill be there in about 15 min, where ill check it

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 18:16
thanks.

just so you know, i didnt get time to send it yesterday.
but if i can get online later today (after school) i will send it to you at once

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2005 08:09
k, cool, just got home from school. Ill be waiting for it .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2005 16:54
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 08:23
k, i responded

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2005 05:46
Ok, update, since noones posted for a while. Lukas W and i have been talking about the AI code he made for the game and we're trying to get that worked out, Nitrixik Studios, I still cant get the inventory thing you sent me to work , and Anime Blood are you working on anything right now? If not i have some things you could if you want.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Back.

Ah, turns out it only has the error if you try to run it. I was trying to just compile it, not run it. I'll try to fix it by just using types. Should be a sec. (or a couple hours, don't know how to go about doing it)

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 22:10:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 22:10:11