Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 11:04
hmm school.. yeh. im not sure what happens to me this year:
i havent got a shool to go to and i think i must get a work and search again next year aww, well i guess that happens to most people.. tip: whatever you do, dont go the ICT youll end up like me.
i still have 2 years left of my education, so i dont get it why i havent got any place to learn. my grades are one of the best in my class... i guess i stick to music and maybe my band makes it to the world and we'll make lots of money and i can live on that, like NOFX.
or maybe i can start some serious game developement and make money on that.

webpage is finally working.. sort of
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 12:34
hard luck dude, I did ICT, got 4 GCSE's in it woot! well good luck Lukas

@Gil, its basically the same idea, but you stop at year 6 start at year 7 (we don't have middle, high or senior high) year 11 is the last manditory year, where you can quite after, 12 & 13 are our 'sixth form' years where you can choose to do 3/4 courses of your own choice(there are alternatives to sixth form I tried to explain) and then choose to go to university on no to get degrees

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 12:20
when is this demo coming?????????? its past may 2005
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 23:59
hey good news:
i fixed my pc now. bought a new power supply yay!
and, i got a call yesterday by some dude. hopefully he will accept me and ill start working as IT administrator! well.. as his student or whatever it is. but when im done, after 2 years, i get the IT administrator paper and i can start looking for a work.
im concentrating hard on this upcoming interview, i must make it

anyway, programer:
i was supposed to implement all codes we have into one piece of code.
but since my pc was broken i havent had any time to do it.
and i think Gil G. knows the rest to that question

webpage is finally working.. sort of
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 00:22
ok
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 01:24 Edited at: 13th Aug 2005 01:25
sorry i havent posted in a while, school started for me this week. So, anyways.
Quote: "when is this demo coming?????????? its past may 2005 "

That release date was taken away a long time ago, sorry . I dont have a release date now, it stresses me out to have one, lol .

EDIT: Once we get the code all put together, we should move faster.

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 01:47
gil, how's that uploading doing?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 05:28
oh, about that...not good, lol, still wont work, ill try tomorrow again in smaller files .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 07:18
looks like it's still coming along good gil, keep up the jive. yar

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 07:25
lol, thanks, its slow going until we can put the code together, then it looks like itll be pretty smooth and fast

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 12:46
hey gil if you want i can give you some free models of muskets that i've made myself if you want them there not my best but if you like them just tell me what format you want me to save them as.[/img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/programer/musket.jpg[img]
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 17:31
im working on putting the code together right now.
i figure ill be finished today or tomorrow.

but i cant run it, since i dont have any of the media, only codes.
so im not sure if it will be 100%..

optical r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 18:27
Quote: "ard luck dude, I did ICT, got 4 GCSE's in it woot! well good luck Lukas
"

wtf? i don what you mean by that...u cant have 4 gcse's overall as well as you can't have 4 gcse in one subject - or have i missed a vital point

<a href="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/opticalrecess/sig.jpg">
lets get up and lets get ill
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 19:10
intermediate GNVQ ICT course = 4 GCSEs

http://seppukuarts.afraid.org
PC- 1.5ghz 64mb graphics gforce 2 256mb ram. And a pain in the butt
optical r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 19:11
oh

lets get up and lets get ill
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 23:06
dang, i forgot my password for filefront, then it says it sent me a new one, but here i am 4 hours later, and still no email.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 23:56
Lukas, think you could make an account then just tell me the password? Still no email.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 00:28
why not use the GWgaming account? i sent you an email with all the info you'll need.

btw. still working on implementing the codes. it will take some time i guess.. well got to go now.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 15:34
The concept of this game looks great i cant wait for the demo great idea!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 01:31
Quote: "why not use the GWgaming account? i sent you an email with all the info you'll need.
"

sorry, i dont think i got it . Could u resend it, please?

Quote: "still working on implementing the codes."

ok, np, sorry im not helping you with that, but 1) I'm in school. 2) Your a way better programmer than me .

Quote: "The concept of this game looks great i cant wait for the demo great idea! "

Cool, glad your excited. Once again, once the inventory, talk, and main systems are together we should start moving faster .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 16:46
hi, i made us a forum. i think it would be better if we continued our conversations at that forum. it will be much easier to follow what is going on.

all team members will be admins, i dont know how to make mods and 1 admin and all that ..

the forum is located at http://www.freeibforums.com/forums/index.php?mforum=popr&act=idx

so, when members join, i will make them admins, since im the only one

btw, i posted the website info at that forum. you must be admin to read it thou.

so this is what i was thinking:
make the forum.
we can talk in the hidden board.
when we have made something, or we have something important to say, we come back to this thread.
it will save bandwith for tgc (hardly anything noticeable) and it will be easier to follow the game if we have our own forum

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 01:26
hmm. Gil? you havent been online today?

well, the source is finished now and ill stay up for some time now incase you accidently drop by. and ill give it to you

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 05:18
Hey, really sorry Lukas, im sure your long asleep by now, but school has kept me busy. I dont get home till about 5:00, then i play the computer for about 45 mintues, then i eat, then i do homework, then i check forums. So, sorry that im just now checking. Great! Thanks for setting that up. BTW, i forgot to say that i love the site you made for the game! . Thanks for finishing the source! . Dont worry about the admin mod thing, im not a control freak (and i hope i dont act like one ). Jeez, i feel like im doing nothing for this project now, sorry, thanks for doing so much .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 12:55
hey thats allright dude

i posted the source over at the forum.
in the board: Team Chat. (only members have access)

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 05:30
Spent some time on a character today.... Need to work some things out texture wise....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 00:39
cool, looks good

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
@Team: I'm so very sorry, never had a moment's rest this summer so i couldn't get on. I have not been working on anything either (

hopefully you'll all forgive me ?} and assign me something to do and i'll try to do it. I might make you a few dll's of stuff, because i have been learning c++ and java this summer, but hopefully my dbpro skills are still good...so give me a challenge, anything, and i'll try and do it. Oh ya, anime blood? Or is it lukas now? could someone just post a link of the site so i can go check up there? I had a harddrive swipe, so i lost all my cookies and data from all the sites and such, and i hopefully have a back-up of the inventory in my email. For future reference...It would help if you emailed me at nstudios@gmail.com now, the other email seems to be bugged.

So again, Sorry for not getting up here and posting,

Please forgive,

Nitrixik

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 03:55
Quote: "@Team: I'm so very sorry, never had a moment's rest this summer so i couldn't get on. I have not been working on anything either (

hopefully you'll all forgive me ?} and assign me something to do and i'll try to do it. I might make you a few dll's of stuff, because i have been learning c++ and java this summer, but hopefully my dbpro skills are still good...so give me a challenge, anything, and i'll try and do it. Oh ya, anime blood? Or is it lukas now? could someone just post a link of the site so i can go check up there? I had a harddrive swipe, so i lost all my cookies and data from all the sites and such, and i hopefully have a back-up of the inventory in my email. For future reference...It would help if you emailed me at nstudios@gmail.com now, the other email seems to be bugged.

So again, Sorry for not getting up here and posting,

Please forgive,

Nitrixik
"

NITRIXIK!!!!! . WELCOME BACK!!! Lol, i didnt know why you left, i wasnt sure if you were dead, just quit without saying anything, or what, lol. Its ok, glad you are coming back . Well, now we are getting all the engines together (inventory, movement, world, and talk), which is working out pretty well except the fact that it cant load an image on line 1601, which doesnt exist, well at least to us, because everythings in includes, but to the program its all continuous, so i dont know how to find that line . Anyways, I'll see what i can come up with for you. The website is popr.gwgaming.net, and the forums, which you will be a moderator on when you sign up (i think), is http://www.freeibforums.com/forums/index.php?mforum=popr&act=idx.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 03:57 Edited at: 1st Sep 2005 04:17
BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEP Found the file...

Also, i'm kinda lazy right now, so I don't want to go back and read from 15...Whatever happened to my inventory? did it suck so much you had to make a new one? or did it eventually work out?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 04:02 Edited at: 1st Sep 2005 04:10
Quote: "Email me at the address above, the whole code, and i'll examine it for you. And, do you yet have the save function? I've been dying to try my hand at making one.

Also, i'm kinda lazy right now, so I don't want to go back and read from 15...Whatever happened to my inventory? did it suck so much you had to make a new one? or did it eventually work out?"

wow that was a fast reply . You'll need to download it from the place that you'll see posted in the "Team Chat" section once you sign up on the forums, its too big to send to you . Yes, a save function would be great! We still need one . Your inventory is implemented , no it was great, lol, Lukas, being the genius he is put it into action, meaning made it where it worked and you could see it working, like you could go and pick stuff up, well sort of, we havent figured out everything about it, such as putting stuff back down, lol.

EDIT: Your now a team member on the forums

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
k seriously start a knew thread this is like 50 pages

New episodes of family guy sunday!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 06:37
lol, more like 23, but i think i might .

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 07:42 Edited at: 1st Sep 2005 07:52
Quote: "no it was great, lol, Lukas, being the genius he is put it into action, meaning made it where it worked and you could see it working, like you could go and pick stuff up, well sort of, we havent figured out everything about it, such as putting stuff back down, lol."

Putting stuff back down, you'd need to know where the mouse is, find out the slot it's over, then find the item. If it's dragged to a certain point, you clear the data from that slot and so on so forth...How many lines of code by the way? and will you be on tomorow around 12 CST?

Scratch that, just remembered I'm gonna be gone till the weekend. But if you'd kindly send me an email answering these points, I can get to work as so0n as i get back:

Thank you,

Nitrixik

At the poster who posted above me 2 posts:

Who cares how many pages? It shows progress, and it'd be wearisome to summarize these posts in a whole new topic.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 01:08
Want this locked or not?

Click here to join our forums and get updates on game progress sooner!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 03:10 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2005 03:11
No!!!!!!!

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
[quote]No!!!!!!!
if u dont i will come to your house and raip u.
hehe
This looks amazing are you going to sell this?

New episodes of family guy sunday!
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2005 03:48
hey gil, working on a maiden for the game.... borrowed the textures from guildwars to sort some stuff out but the end she should like pretty similar just with other texturing...

hope you like...

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 05:06:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 05:06:58