Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, finally, finished with the inventory system. No bugs reported (compiled normally). But I can't wait until we can have arrays inside types. And who knows how much stuff I'm repeating. Well, I have a map maker to make, so Gil, I'll send it to you and then sign off of the internet for a while.

Regards,

Nitrixik

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 01:30
thanks, got it, and i replied to your email. It just gets in and out of the program when i run it, nothing comes up.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Nothing is supposed to come up. It is just the constants and required variables for the inventory system, now belonging to you. I think (if I remember correctly because I'm at school) that you only need the on mouse click function called in the loop for it to work.

Oh, ya. I remembered last night that I might have forgotten to change one mention of variables. I'll fix that (hopefully) tonight.

Regards,

Nitrixik Studios

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 08:07
o, ok, i thought that might be it. Im still working on my skill at analyzing and figuring out code, so sry

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Just so you know, put all of the constants at the top. When you use the function to load the level, remember to make the arrays (most likely from a saved array). The functions go at the end of the program. You call the onMouseClick function (which I'll change for the next release for other reasons) in the main loop. If it works, it shouldn't take that long to complete the whole thing (there might be a little lag if there are a lot of items in the level). My only worry is that I'm doing more than I need to be doing.

And do you know of a simple .obj to .x converter that I don't really need to doing anything with? Or is there a way to export models as .x? or load as .obj?

And now what should I work on?

(Lukas, it'd be interesting for me to see your code, it's more than I could do)

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 20:29 Edited at: 12th Apr 2005 20:33
yeah, well i didnt really think i would be able to make it, so im quite proud of it

but Gil says he has some troubles with it so i will try to see if i get the same problems he has, and if so: fix them.

but I will send it to you, yeah.

edit:
all i need is your email

edit2:
doh, never mind.. just noticed that you had an email button
i will send it when ive made improvements if necessary (uh.. how do you spell that?? )

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sorry to say this but I can't help anymore because of my project and a team I've been on for a while, however you can still use my boards and I will remove my permission to access them. Though I may drop by and help every once in a while.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 21:27 Edited at: 12th Apr 2005 21:30
too bad, your graphical skills would be usefull..
i suck at 2d graphics.. but im learning. i just got Photoshop Elements 2, that is a wicked program!

edit:
using this to create better graphics for Zombie Hunter 2
right now im working on the zombies.. their new skin looks so much better. now they actually looks like dead humans!

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm partially good at graphics.

Lukas, if needed, I could help you improve the code.

@Gil:

I'm almost done correcting, just have to put it back into the program. It turns out that this alone might be around 1000 lines. It took me 7 pages in word when i printed it out.

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 20:18 Edited at: 13th Apr 2005 20:20
@nitrixik
i think i will be able to fix most of what gil and i have been talking about.
but if not, then you can help me
edit:
when i send you the code, if there is anything you want to do different/better just tell me what it is, and then you can improve it

@gil
now that anime blood is not on the team anymore do we still use his board, or do we stay here, or do we move to.. well my board?
just want to know, because if we stay here then I dont have to log on to anime blood's board all the time and if we join mine, i finally get some members but you decide.

@all on the team
who is actually on the team now?
gil, nitrixik and me?

i noticed im fairly good at human skins, so if that is necsesarry, i can help with some skins for humans..
but notice that im not an expert; ive been using Photoshop for 1 week only..

last I have an idea for the team name, if we dont have one allready: 'Pirates from the North'.. ehh, nah.. that sucks..

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 23:36
Quote: "but Gil says he has some troubles with it so i will try to see if i get the same problems he has, and if so: fix them."

got em fixed, i just upgraded to 5.8

@Anime Blood: sry to see you go. O, well, good luck .

Quote: "I'm almost done correcting, just have to put it back into the program. It turns out that this alone might be around 1000 lines. It took me 7 pages in word when i printed it out."

cool, sounds good.

Quote: "just want to know, because if we stay here then I dont have to log on to anime blood's board all the time and if we join mine, i finally get some members but you decide.
"

I dont care, whatever yall want.

Quote: "who is actually on the team now?
gil, nitrixik and me?"

The team is:
Nitrixik Studios
Lukas W.
Gil Galvanti

i couldnt ever get a hold of that xzaros guy, even by email, so be looking for modellers. .

Quote: "i noticed im fairly good at human skins, so if that is necsesarry, i can help with some skins for humans..
but notice that im not an expert; ive been using Photoshop for 1 week only.. "

Cool, sounds good, if we could find a modeller, lol.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 00:21
i downloaded AIM, so my screename is lukasw0101..

i vote for my forum, but this forum is also good. difficult choise :p

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
About the Xzaros guy he said he'd join you guys you just need to get his msn which is:
xzaros@hotmail.com

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 07:49
@anime blood: yeah i already emailed him twice, but he never responded . Ill try again.

@Lukas W: sounds good. ok, we can go to your forum, do you have a private chat thing, so only the team can view it?

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I say here and there. I'll correct most of the inventory sys 2nite, and since apolloed left, i'll then work on save/load. (do i get to design format?)

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 10:12
what do you mean "design format"? sounds good.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Are save games encrypted? I tried opening one in notepad and is all gobely gook.

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
No I meant you could go on MSN Messenger and actually chat to him and you use that email adress as his username...

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 11:43
o, ok, what if i have AIM, what do i add for the s/n?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 13:34
Just a note: WEBSITE REVISED AND UPDATED, please check again.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 16:52
ok, this is the url to teh forumz0r: http://lukasw.netfreehost.com/

hmm, im having problems with my dbpro now.
for some reason it will not run any of the codes i have.
it compiles, runs and exits to the ide like it never run the exe at all.

ill try to figure this out, its been like this since monday.
but i have been using dbc this week instead. been working on an update for zombie hunter. the new demo will be uploaded some other day when i have more time. but i will put up a post about it

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 08:21
Gil, if you want me to try and kick out some models for your game just let me know. I can't sign on full time but I can help out by taking requests for items you would like to have....if you like them, use them if not delete then don't... win-win...

I use milkshape for modeling and lith-unwrap for skinning in case you needed to know...or cared...nobody really cares....

my e-mail is cjkauf00@earthlink.net
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 10:07 Edited at: 15th Apr 2005 10:08
cool, wish you could go full time, but i understand. So how well can you do human modeling? Not cartoony style.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you make a quick water glass, a table, and a magazine? (hopefully textured) I'd like some models to test out the inventory, and those were the first items to come to mind. (instead of mag, maybe the musket you showed us)

Thanks,

Nitrixik

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 07:58 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 08:01
I checked the Team request and used one of the images as a reference, and did this is TS5 demo (demo because full version yet to arrive) so the image is watermarked and didn't bother too much with the textures, and the cannon balls have too much of a mirror effect but hey.

PS I am not full time but I am extremely busy as mentioned in the other thread, and all work to you may be free depends on how things look (quality and budget wise)

seppukuarts.95mb.com Psycho Groupy Cocaine Crazy

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 08:01 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 08:09
awesome!!!! only problem i see is that the bottom of the cannoneballs is like glass, but it looks awesome! Ill email that list to you now, just got home from school.

EDIT: o, and when you say "work to you may be free", does that mean you might be expecting payment, regularly, or only if the game, for some reason, sells (like firewall)

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 08:08
looks like Seppuku has everything under control so I will bow out of this... good luck guys...
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 08:10
r u sure? we can have more than one modeller, especially since we need humans.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 08:12
k, since it looks like both of you are actually on right now, ill brb, gonna play my brother in Rome: Total War

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 08:47
not sure how well i can model humans, let me see what I can make over the weekend....

any other items you need?
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you do some of the ones I posted above? I'm trying to show Gil how the inventory system works.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 09:15 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 09:17
i think he just did . In his picture he has a table, magazine, and a glass.

EDIT: o sry, ur talking to Heckno, i thought you were talking to the other modeller. (dont know ur name yet, and i cant see it cause this is an edit )

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
That was in his siggy.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 11:27 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 11:28
quick and dirty for your inventory system....

quess i should try and put somethings together in a zip file...
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 11:35 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 11:36
try this, just glass and table for now and I'll whip up a book in a few minutes...

glass has transparency but no contents and it may need to be resized (it was huge in my demo)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 12:23 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 12:34
here be a book....

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.

Gil, just finishing up some revisions. It'll be done by tomorow. (I'm stuck at a point)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 19:28
heckno I am a busy person so you don't have to back away from the project,

Payment wise its if you manage to get it sold and royalties, i don't mind what royalties

Thanks for the comment, i don't know if the shaders will load up in DBP like they are in truespace, but i'm sure the programmers can add them afterwards if they don't but I'm sure they will because when i exported in TS3 the glass shader stayed on so should be the same in TS5

seppukuarts.95mb.com Psycho Groupy Cocaine Crazy

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 21:14
awesome models you are better than me for sure :p

@gil
im having some problems with my dbp
i can compile and all that but not run the compiled program.
but i guess i just have to reinstall it.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 21:44
@ Gil, I haven't got your email, you did send it to

seppuku05@hotmail.com

didn't you, you may have put in a typo or something

seppukuarts.95mb.com
http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=seppukuarts&sid=6d001fe0d28673fadefc46d4d1a99ec4 Forum containing Team requests
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 23:51 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 23:57
@Heckno: Thanks for doing those , you sure you dont want to stay with the team?
@Nitrixik Studios: K, sounds great, thanks.
@Seppuku Geijutsu: Yup those are cool models, like i said . I sent you my email now .
@Lukas W.: k, sounds good, yeah id reinstall it, just make sure it doesnt uninstall all your saved files with it, lol.

EDIT: @Seppuku: On the payment thing, k, good, i was just making sure you werent expecting a payment per model or anything . But of course youll recieve an even split of money and royalties with the rest of the group .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 00:43
allright i remembered i have dbpro on my dads computer aswell, so i have updated the talk system now.

ill send you the source by email now.
ill send it to you too Nitrixik

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 00:52
thanks for the comments on the models, hopefull the shaders export so you can keep the effect but unrendered, and yeh the cannon balls relect too much, i'll do the models when TS 5 arrives

seppukuarts.95mb.com
http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=seppukuarts&sid=6d001fe0d28673fadefc46d4d1a99ec4 Forum containing Team requests
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 02:23
@Lukas W.: K thanks, got ur email, but not the code, r u sure u attached it?
@Seppuku: sounds good

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Got it. Just looking at it right now.

@Gil:

Supposedly, Rich will approve a team request from us once we get a good, solid demo out (which requires all of our code) but we don't really need to implement the save/load yet.

Another good idea:

The demo should last for only like 1 week, before it uninstalls itself or doesn't run at all. Patches could be issued, and if I learn C++ by then (or java) maybe a dll for bug support (i have webspace they could be uploaded to)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 07:20 Edited at: 17th Apr 2005 08:23
guys, i will help when and where i can but i have to let you know that my job takes me away from home days at a time almost every week. (main reason i haven't officially joined any teams, boy would i love too)..

if you email the source (current build) I could jump in the environment and whip up some sizzle....Here is a wip palm tree

cjkauf00@earthlink.net

Attachments

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 08:26
Gil, just a thought!!! Did the textures work on the other models I uploaded to this thread? I forgot to convert them in lith instead of milkshape (for some reason I cant' ever get the textures to work in DBPro converting in milkshape)
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 08:36
hey guys, i'll add a section in my forum for this game so we can discuss it with each other there, at least then we'll be able to section each talk out a little better.

http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=seppukuarts&sid=4312f77341de72e126519dae5a0137fc

Its lenghthy so add it to favourites until i change the url

seppukuarts.95mb.com
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 09:23
or not considering i just found out you are using Anime Bloods forums, oh well.

seppukuarts.95mb.com
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
We're using this forum, along with Lukas's.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 01:27:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 01:27:37