Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Project Luna - Updates

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2005 23:30
so there WILL be cutscenes in the next demo? and btw i can't find the download button for the demo.

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 02:52 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2005 11:47
Strange – did you go to the first page and to the Filefront link? It should work, no reason it shouldn’t since it does on my computer. Only thing I’m thinking is I didn’t make it public. Do you need to ‘Submit to FileFront’ for it to be public? I didn’t do that, since the only categories were other games. Of course this would depend on what you guys want, or I could do both.

EDIT: Benjamin A - The game is quite big in size, especially considering it's one level. I really suggest that anyone who hasn't got the real speed to download it (especially 56k'ers) wait for the new trailer. To my belief, I may actually be able to make the next demo a "base" of sorts, not being FPSPacked. This would bring the size up by about 20 megs at this point in time, but it would mean that subsequent demos could be "patches" of sorts, updating just the engine and mapbanks, and if needed the models. This would mean that while the first part would be... say... 150 meg (jeez!) it would mean subsequent ones would be only 20, dependant.

Oh, and PureEvil - I just accessed the download link on my other computer, not logged in. No reason for it not to work. You have to press the "Download Now" button with the arrow on it.

EDIT: Off-Topic - You'll never believe what I just found! I did a completely useless Google search for "Project Luna - Jiffy", and I found some forum with another user named Jiffy! Not just that, but he's doing something (no idea what it's about, or what it is, maybe some enviornment thing) called the Luna Project! How weird is that!? Back on-topic, if anyone would like to give some feedback, that'd be great.

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 14:22
Jiffy, I don't mind big games, got dsl It was just the waiting time that suprised me.

But after waiting a while, the game is now downloaded.
Here are a few comments:

1. Well designed. I love the way you're led through the game. Find this and that will happen and so on. It's not just opening doors and finding keys, it's much more challenging.
2. Everything suits the game well, from buildings to enemies to menu texts/huds.
3. Excellent mood in the game. Walking around the mansion gives me the creeps and gives a certain tension, well done!

Some remarks:
1. Slow, the game is slow, even though it seems like only 256x256 or lower res textures have been used, it's still slow, especially the larger open places.
2. A mansion with nazi signs al in it? I know that's due to the segments used, but it doesn't make it a convincing modern dag game setting.
3. The dog... cool, but perhaps let him explode after he's shot. That would look more convincing then just dissappearing.
4. For some reason I was expecting more booby traps. I came across one (biohazard??), but there could be more of these unexpected things happening.
5. The in-game texts (like found a key, door locked) are inconsistent. Some have a new game matching design, others don't.

All in all an excellent start and promising game, looking forward to seeing more of it!

When reading this, take in account, that these kind of games aren't my favourite at all, I was just curious about it and think it has been cleverly done, regardless of my taste.

Be inovative and creative.... don't create a fps with FPSC.
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2005 03:51
Yeah, i think you need more booby-traps. Also, you should take away the nazi things if yiu can.(you could make them look worn away or something.) also, i must have been really stupid to not click on the download thing

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2005 06:51 Edited at: 5th Nov 2005 08:16
Thanks for the tips. I must ask - where are the "Nazi" things? I don't remember putting anything nazi-ish in, but if I have, apologies. I must admit that there weren't a bunch of booby-traps, but remember this is only the first level. There are lots of them (especially in level 2), and the first level was meant to be a learning curve (like in a lot of games - starts out easy, slowly get's harder etc.). What I would like to know is did anyone find the health pack? I like where I hid it, there will be a bunch of that sort of stuff later on. With the inconsistency of the in-game texts, I agree fully. I was slightly rushing it (to make my own Halloween deadline, which due to uploading I didn't make anyway), and that is the main reason for that. I am working on it. One thing I can't remember in that build - did I remember to put on the music? In the original it only starts after a cutscene, but I can't remember if I put it back after removing it.

I'm completely re-starting every level now (well, the level 1 redo is obviously done), and am now going on to level 2. This will push everything back a fair bit, but I might just do what I mentioned earlier and continuasly release the map files (with an auto-installer to install scripts, models, etc.) which will mean more frequent demos. Anyway, happy you liked it!

EDIT: On a second note, I'm curious as to which boobytrap you are refering to, Benjamin. I'm not one to keep much track of what I put in, so what exactly was it? Oh, and about the dog... I noticed that. I didn't know what to put in, as there was no dying animation. Good suggestion, though. I'll put that in.

daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 17:44 Edited at: 5th Nov 2005 18:07
this is looking really good! keep up the good work

(BTW that whole another jiffy with a project luna is funny and wierd...)

:edit
ok i was playing and i got the this like fire place it said press enter to use adn nothing happens also i loved the game!

Mervanno enity, if you sold it for $50.00 you would be rich
also be nice to noobs but, if they ask how to put up a wall smash em with a TV
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 00:48
Thanks, daihiey!

With the fireplace switch, something actually does happen, just not in the room (look in the mansion foyer ). I will remind you that speed is a problem with this level, as Benjamin mentioned, and I'm using a much smaller area for level 2 (and more booby-traps... MWAHAHA!)

Just a small update. The redo of level 2 is going very smoothly, and I have completely changed the storyline of the level (instead of another mansion, it's a crypt). Should be done soon, once I get the elevator switch to actually work!

Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 04:11
Nice, looking forward to its release!

Mwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!
daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 03:05 Edited at: 7th Nov 2005 03:48
o....i see hehe cool!

this game is very interesting its different fun, and a lil crepy tea know....in other words i loved it!

i make RPGs and FPSs
be nice to noobs, but if they ask how to make a wall smash with a TV!!!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 07:00 Edited at: 8th Nov 2005 09:35
Doctor Evil - Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

daiheiy - Thanks, as well! I try my best. You should see level two, it has some really cool traps and puzzles. The first one involves elevators and a whole bunch of spikes !

EDIT: So can anyone tell me exactly where the Nazi signs are? I still can't find them.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 18:16
well i kinda forgot......

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2005 00:22
HA. I suppose I'll have to find them.

Level 2 is still going well, and I found a work-around for the elevator switch probem I was talking about before. I should be done soon, and when I am I'll post and installer that will install the .fpm, .fpi and any models that I have used into your directory so you can play it.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2005 18:58
cool!

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 00:03
almost done?

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 06:24
PureEvil - You cannot rush art ! Anyway, to answer your question, sort of. I've been busy with other stuff lately, I'll see if I have time to do more soon. It will be done by the end of the week, I'll probably release it with the trailer.

Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 23:38 Edited at: 15th Nov 2005 23:41
Jiffy, I have seen some horror games, and I have seen some horror movies, when I saw this thread I thought it was but anoter upstart, but somehow there is something oddly deep about your game...

may I make a short film tribute of your work?

I say exactly what's on my mind, like "Imagine your grandpa in a speedo" or "I eat Jell-O while waxing the table" and my personal favorite, "I drink bathtub water"
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 06:08 Edited at: 16th Nov 2005 06:08
HA! Well... I'm a very deep person . Really though, glad you liked it. If you're serious (), do what you want. You can always make an UB3R movie, make millions, and give the money to me. I'll put you in the credits .

Anyway, work on level 2 is going smootly enough. The trailer's looking good - if you have the demo and haven't shot any of those "alchoholic" botles, do so now. You can set off some pretty cool chain reactions . I still should have it up by the end of the week, but it's my birthday on the weekend (yay!).

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 01:34
hmmm.... still worried about what happens if i shoot the bottles........

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 05:50 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 06:26
By that, do you mean I need to fix it? Or you're too *scared* to do it ?

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 06:31 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 06:31
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to say that my personal life has gotten in the way of frequented level editing, so it may be quite a while before I release level 2. I am still working on the trailer, though, so I'll put it up in a few days. Sorry for the delays, I'll continue to update level 2, but it'll just mean it will take longer. Sorry for the inconvinience, I hope the trailer will replace the need for more Project Luna !

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 19:45
I can't wait for this game! Very dark looking but that adds to the atmosphere of course!If the world does end in 2012, Im gonna go eating twinkies...
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2005 20:49
I think demo is pretty difficult! I can't even complete the first level 'cause I dunno how to get forward from dining room!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 02:42
Cool game ! cant find the key to the other door. found the one for the first door. going to try again. Any hints ???
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 07:10
Okay, after a week or so of layin' back, I'm going to start work on PL again.

Gamz - Yep, we all gotta stock up on those Twinkies!

Nigezu - Really? I didn't think it is that difficult, but there is only one level in the demo.

Whyrag - Do you mean the second key? It's actually in the room, not really hidden. What i will say is that, if you use physics to your advantage, you can find a secret weapon in that room...

So, back to re-working level 2. I had to rescrap it, since it really wasn't working for me. I'm going to gedt working on the trailer right away (in fact, I'm already half done). I won't make any deadlines (since, from experience, I'm not good with them ), but it should be done soon.

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 07:31
How many levels you have done Jiffy?

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 07:39 Edited at: 9th Dec 2005 07:40
Including the old, horrible ones? 8 (That includes V1 and V2 of levels 1&2). In the redo's, I'm on level 2. I think I will keep my levels 4, 5 and 6, but I believe it was necessary to redo the first three.

By the way, can anyone please tell me where these mysterious Nazi signs that I can't find are?

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 07:51
I don't have clue...

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 07:52
Are you really hiding in the bushes in my backyard? Geez!

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 07:54
Of course I am! Look out the window. See the bush behind that patch of daisies? See the mutated hand waving behind it? That's me! My laptop is that high pitched whine you hear at nights...

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 14:27
So I have to watch my back then.....

gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2005 18:45
Hi Jiffy, the Nazi symbols are hidden in plain sight

There's a Nazi eagle and swastika carved into the top of every stone door frame, also an eagle/swastika stamped on the cover of the folder on the desk. There may be others - the chateau textures are full of them. Only the wood paneling is immune

See attached screenie for a door frame example.

Cool demo BTW - made me jump a couple of times (that damn dog!)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2005 02:56 Edited at: 10th Dec 2005 02:56
Ha! I really never noticed that! Well, I suppose either some retexturing or remodel-choosing is in order; thanks for telling me.

Trailer is 75% complete - I just want to add a few bits and get some decent music for it.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 14:29
Is that trailer ready soon?

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 22:20
Pretty much - I still have one or two clips to add, and I'm hunting for some music.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 22:21
Ok

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 04:06
hi guys. sry i haven't posted in a while (got busy). Hows the game coming along? (happy holidays (9 days (until christmas)))

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 06:51 Edited at: 17th Dec 2005 06:51
It's going alright, but an abrupt re-format has caused a few problems; I backed-up my FPSC installer, and my Model Pack and extra models, but strangely, not my level bank. I do still have level 1, but level 2 just went down the toilet . I'll see what I can do to redo the level as fast as possible, but this will put in quite a set back, sorry for the inconvinience . So, we'll see if I can get something out by the new year (which shouldn't be much of a problem, but you all know how bad I am with deadlines!).

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 12:16
dont worry the longer the wait the better the game!

Although my opinion will change, the fact that I am right will not.
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 12:23
Have you got any idea when trailer is coming out, jiffy???

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 13:53 Edited at: 17th Dec 2005 13:54
Another thing lost to my immediete re-format (I had a million viruses riddled with spyware, so I did it all quickly). I still have most of the clips, though, and I'm still hunting for some free, non-commercial use music.

Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 16:18
Quote: " I'm still hunting for some free, non-commercial use music."

I'm might be able to help you out with this... contact me and we can discuss this further Damius14@hotmail.com
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
u guy should get lime wire its the best 1 outther 2 download music just go 2 downloads.com and go 2 search type n limewire!

Liz
Castor Troy
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahhh! That music is just Awfull, other than that looks nice

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 15:47
How is it going with the game, Jiffy?

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 07:23
@Castor Troy - Should I take that as a compliment . I know the music is horrible, which is why I said I was looking for other music. What do you expect from Anvil Studio ?

@Nigezu - Alright, I keep putting work on it off simply because Christmas is so close and it's hard to find time. I'm trying, it's just getting hectic.

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 08:40
how's the trailor and demo coming along, i'd like to get either of them

Question chuck norris and you will recieve a fatal roundhouse kick to the head
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 21:17
Is this going to be free?
Sorry if someone have asked this already but I don't want to read all of these messages!

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2005 06:48
Nigezu - Yes, completely free.

Chuck - Alright, I've sort of been all over the place lately. It's getting hard to find time to get things done, but I'm trying all I can - I'm going to try to start working on it everyday from the new year. I'm not sure to which demo you refer (the next, 2nd level or the original), but if you haven't, the one level demo is available from the first post.

Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2005 06:57
Lizblizz: Just so you know, LimeWire is for ILLEAGALLY downloading music.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2005 08:01 Edited at: 28th Dec 2005 08:01
Getix - Indeed, I hadn't even seen Liz's post. I in no way endorse illegal downloading; even legally downloading licensed music (such as from iTunes) is only legal for private use, to my recollection.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 04:11:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 04:11:10