Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Project Luna - Updates

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 22:27
oh oh, if theres still room for testing can i help?

LOL..... my sig sucked so I DELETED IT!!!! =D
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 05:46 Edited at: 27th Aug 2006 13:02
PureEvil, yes, of course there is! Like I said I wanted two people not including CoZ (because he's doing the same for me).

I'll try to start uploading the level today but I can't really make any solid promises. If it isn't up today, it will be up first thing tommorow.

EDIT: Now that I have my three testers, like I asked before - do you want to basically just walk through the level and check it out or would you rather have me keep the keys in?

EDIT II: The testers' demo is basically ready, I'll be uploading in half an hour at most. Please remember that the demo will have no enemies, scares, cutscenes or traps as for the time being all I'm looking for is feedback on the level design itself. However, remember that being one of the three testers entitles you to (providing you want to) test numerous builds of the episodes--I'll also be looking for one more tester to test Episode I (the complete version) later, but not right now.

Anyway, the testers' build of Episode III does include keys--but the keys really arn't that hard to find so it shouldn't be a problem.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 14:21
@ Jiffy- I have sent you the test link via email

ZOMBIES!!! coming 2006!!!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 15:27
I recieved the link, CoZ .

I would be downloading it now but I'm on my second attempt at uploading my Tester's Build and I didn't want to slow it down . I'll download it as soon as I can .

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 08:35
cant wait

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 08:45
Well, the tester's build upload is a nightmare.

Fourth attempt. If it doesn't work this time I'll try something other than Filefront. Either way, don't worry, you'll get it soon enough .

And CoZ, I downloaded your test level and am about to try it out now .

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 09:07
Jiffy,
Filefront hates us all.
Seriously,that was the first place I tried to upload a demo and after waiting well over an hour to find out that Filefront's server had an error (this happened on several occassions) I gave up and went elsewhere.
I feel your pain.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 09:14 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 09:26
Thanks, Fred .

I suppose the reason I use it over and over is because the file never gets deleted and the maximum filesize is really quite big. But then, maybe that really isn't worth it, especially in this case where only three people will be downloading it.

Also, Fred, being a moderator, I wouldn't mind letting you test, too, if you want to .

EDIT: This is completely irrelevant but Ive turned on some setting that defaults the keys to what is done when you hold down shift and I cant actually turn it off

Does anyone know how because I hate not being able to use punctuation

I think I turned it on by holding down the Shift key for eight seconds but I made sure not to click Yes

EDIT II: Don't worry, I sacrificed the upload yet again and simply restarted my computer. Punctuation is back to normal again .

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 09:26
I would be happy to test for you.
As far as the other thing goes I have no idea how to fix it.
I haven't been able to replicate it.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 09:31 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 11:14
Great, Fred .

Well, I'm going to give Filefront one more go as technically it wasn't its fault that the previous upload didn't work . Well, two more hours at the least .

EDIT: Oh, and PureEvil, I'm going to need your e-mail to send you the link.

EDIT II: Alas, it didn't work with "Less Than 1 Min" to go. Any suggestions of better hosting websites?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 18:09 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 18:11
Lycos Mail has no MB limit on their attachements.
If worst comes to worst you can use that to e-mail it.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 19:45 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 19:50
http://www.badongo.com/index.php?affiliate=100024

This is what i used to upload my test level. No need to make a account. Hope this helps

ps- If all goes well, what time should the link be up and running?

pps- Hope you had fun testing the demo level

ZOMBIES!!! coming 2006!!!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 09:03 Edited at: 29th Aug 2006 10:21
Thanks for both suggestions, I've decided to go with "BaDonGo" if that's okay because I would imagine e-mail attachments would take longer. That said, the lack of a limit with Lycos Mail is very surprising and I think I might be changing e-mail address soon .

CoZ, according to BaDonGo, the upload will take approximately 1 1/2 so within 1:45 at the most. I hope this will be okay for you considering your constraints .

EDIT: Unless... It says that the time left is 85:45, so I assumed it meant minutes but looking at the transfer rate it is only 15kb/s max, compared to the 100 I seemed to get with FileFront. Hm... That said, the time seems to be moving at an almost minute rate so somehow I doubt that it is referring to hours. Maybe their prediction times are just catastrophically wrong .

EDIT II: Yeah, it's definetely minutes. It's already 6.49% complete so somehow I don't think that it's talking in hours .

EDIT III: Fred, this is a question I've been meaning to ask but didn't really feel it was relevant enough to be asked. I've changed my mind . Are mods expected to lock threads when questions in threads are answered? I rarely see it happen but I remember hearing it once and thinking it was a rather odd rule, simply because over the two and a half years I've been on the TGC forums I've seen a fair number of threads being continued on later after the initial question is answered, sometimes yeilding important information.

This isn't really something that bothers me all that much, I just felt like asking . In other news, the upload is 89.34% complete and I'll be sending out the e-mails soon .

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 11:05
Okay, new post, I know, but I'd like to say that the test link has been sent to all testers except for PureEvil. I still need your e-mail address so you can get the link, PureEvil.

Hope you enjoy the test . All necessary information should be in the e-mail. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me .

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 15:53 Edited at: 30th Aug 2006 22:10
here i my comments. NO ONE apart from jiffy should download this

@ Jiffy- One word: AWSOME!!! well done. I will post another review soon.

ps- could you post the link to the FPSC pack download

thanks

Josh

ps- I have some presents for you that will help in your game development. feel free to post your reply if you are interested.

ZOMBIES!!! coming 2007!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 16:11 Edited at: 30th Aug 2006 16:13
Ignore this post it works nopw

super cool timmy turner has fairy godparents and i am not a mad science teacher i am a real boy so FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 18:10
Here Are my comments. NO ONE apart from jiffy should download this!!

super cool timmy turner has fairy godparents and i am not a mad science teacher i am a real boy so FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 19:52
If you didn't want anybody to download something you should not post it on the forums.
I e-mailed my comments to Jiffy but I will be more than happy to make them public if he wants me too.

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 20:59
sory fred but my comp wont let me attach any document to my emails so i had to post it here stupid hotmail!!

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 02:56
Josh - Frustratingly, Rastaman doesn't seem to be allowing the old FPSPack Lite for download anymore, so you might have to buy the full version. That's not to say it's not worth it, because the program is invaluable and the full version allows for some quite useful features. The full version can be purcahsed here.

Thanks everyone for their comments, I didn't expect such good feedback! The "zombie" you all talked about surprises me though--see, it's a little "scare" that I plan to put in that is supposed to make the player question the main character's sanity (these illusions increase in severity as the episodes progress), but I removed it for the test because I am still working on the script/s. Oddly enough, though, it doesn't actually appear that I've removed the zombie at all and only disappears when using shaders. I also do plan to release the full episosde as both a Shaders-Supported version and a Shaders-Not-Supported version, which should make the gameplay more fair to both sides.

Also, I don't mind either way of posting the feedback--well, actually, it's perfectly fine to post them here in this case but later on if you choose to continue testing with things like the official Episode I you may need to try and post them in an e-mail (even if it's not an attachment and just an actual e-mail like Fred did), because the full episodes contain some spoilers that I don't want others knowing about. But again, it's your choice if you want to continue testing or not.

And PureEvil, if you still want to test, I need your e-mail address .

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 03:03
I will be more than happy to continue testing.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 03:31 Edited at: 31st Aug 2006 03:32
Okay, testers (who are interested in testing Episode I):

I have a question. For the official episode I decided to go with the old, original ending of Episode I, which involves a totally different type of creature attacking you. However, the problem arose when I realised that the creature didn't have a death animation (physically nothing, not even something where the creature just turns 90 degrees to its side), which had become a problem until I realised I could have a death cutscene. Then another problem--I could never seem to get the cutscene activated at the right time. So then, I decided to simply go with a fading effect. This seemed perfect as it added to the illusion idea I mentioned earlier. The problem? Fading needs pixel shaders. Since it appears that none of my testers have shaders, it becomes sort of an insight in wonder of whether most people actually have these shaders or not. I suppose, though, that at least one of you (Josh) actually has pixel shaders, just not at this time.

So anyway, what I need to know is whether you guys think that it will be acceptable to people with this creature simply disappearing in an instant without fade? I personally find this idea better than the original five-zombie approach which slowed down gameplay considerably.

EDIT: And Josh, I'd love these presents your talking about .

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 05:43
Quote: "So anyway, what I need to know is whether you guys think that it will be acceptable to people with this creature simply disappearing in an instant without fade? I personally find this idea better than the original five-zombie approach which slowed down gameplay considerably."

That works for me.and,shaders or not,the test demo ran smoothly on my machine.
One of the best running demos I have played so far.Project Luna is going to be well worth the wait.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 05:48
Thanks for the feedback, Fred.

I've decided to start readying Episode I for official release. I'll e-mail you and the other testers (provided they're interested) relatively soon regarding a possible near-completion demo of the episode, just to get some feedback on the framerate, lighting etc, much like the Test Build for Episode III.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 06:32
Cool! I can't wait.

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 15:26
yeah im still interesed with project luna and i would be happy to test and it ran smoothly even though i didnt have shaders

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 01:04
agh, sorry jify, been busy otherwise i woulda posted earlier

uhm email is gamechaser06@hotmail.com

and just so you know ive never tested a game before, so i might not be THAT godd at testing it

Juice
User Banned
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 18:36
Wow, this is a niiiiice game.
I saw the trailer on youtube, very nice. Gory and filled with "ketchup" that's the type of game i like

Juice
User Banned
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 18:37
oh and jiffy?
I don't have any bushes *OR* daisies in my back garden so

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 10:39 Edited at: 5th Sep 2006 10:40
Thanks, Juice.

Unfortunetely I have some rather sad news to report. A friend of mine has been admitted to hospital and I'll be spending a fair amount of time with her, so I won't be able to work on Project Luna very much over the next few weeks. I might do a bit of work here and there but in several weeks I'll hopefully be able to get back into the swing of things and get Episode I out .

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 10:46
That's sad news. I wish you the strength needed in this situation and hope and pray that she will get well soon!

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 18:39
I hope your friend gets to feeling better.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 20:25
Quote: "I hope your friend gets to feeling better.
"

me too

ZOMBIES!!! coming 2007!!!
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 05:34
sad news indeed... hope she gets well

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 11:40 Edited at: 6th Sep 2006 11:41
Thanks guys .

The doctor said that if all goes well she shouldn't be in for too long, but I'll make sure to post when she's discharged and things are back to normal, as I'll be back working hard in the world of Project Luna .

See you guys soon!

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 07:20 Edited at: 14th Sep 2006 07:20
bump

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2006 13:09
PureEvil,

Please dont go bumping threads to the top of the forum for no reason.

If you are going to post you should have something of value to say or contribute to a topic in hand.

Thank you for your co-operation.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 19:24 Edited at: 17th Sep 2006 19:27
OH MY GOD! I just played the demo and it scared the [Mod edit] out of me! GREAT GAME! The trailer doesn't give you chills if you want to experience this you have to play the demo. IT'S AWESOME! I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND INASNE BUT I COMPARE THIS TO DOOM 3! GREAT JOB!

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 19:31
Hope your friend feels better.

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 21:59
I'll be happy to test it, if there's any more room for testers

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 21:41
Aw man, I've been watching this for a while... can't believe I missed testing!

Anyway, keep me posted I be really up for testing any future stuff.

It's looking fantastic.

butters

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 22:19
One way or the other when it's done he is still going to release it to the community for free.
What he has done so far is excellent.
Sooner or later we are all going to get our hands on this game.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 14:30 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2006 14:31
Hey guys.

My friend's condition seems to be fluctuating so I can't really guage exactly when I'll truly be able to get back to working on Project Luna enough to actually warrant some worthy progress, but I'll try to keep you posted. I just got back from the hospital a while ago and figure I may as well work on Episode III for an hour or so and see where that goes.

Hopefully this whole ordeal will, through the delays, make the game even better .

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 15:32
Jiffy,
It's good to hear from you.
Just take care of your friend and worry about this later.

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2006 19:22
wow congrats jiffy for still making your game. Hope to play it sometime. remember me?

Company - Ub3rlogic
XBL Gamertag: Ub3rwigg3t
DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 16:24
Hey jiffy i just wanted to know how you got the prompt when clicking the desktop shortcut where you can change the reso and controls.

And by the way, that demo was some creepy stuff.

For no real reason
DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 13:57
Why the inactivity? Its such a lovely game.

Anyway i just wanted a progress report or something?

Ive been following the game since page 4, and thats like, what, 8 years now?

2.2GHZ AMD AM2 Dual core 2GB DDR2 RAM, Sapphire ATI X1900GTO 20" 5ms monitor. 5.1 SS
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2006 10:34 Edited at: 24th Dec 2006 11:02
Guys... Long time no see, eh?

I've had so much to juggle with over the past few months that I had come to the realization that I just don't have the time to deal with Project Luna.

Of course, I'd still visit sporadically to see what's being done, which may have been what originally scared me about trying to undertake this again; the projects in development here are absolutely astounding--well beyond anything that I, frankly, am capable of.

But then, just today, I took another visit. I looked at this board and, although worried about the "competition" of absolutely astounding work, I realized I couldn't deal with having my dream-game, Project Luna, stuck in limbo for eternity. I saw this thread and thought to myself "That's it. I don't care if I can't compare with the other projects in development--I want to finish Project Luna, if nothing else, for myself". And so, I've downloaded the newest RC of FPSC (yes, this is all new to me, I haven't even tried the Save/Load functionality!), and I'm determined to give this my best shot.

I want to thank everyone who's shown interest in Project Luna. It's because of you guys that I really want to do my best to get this underway again.

I'll have to warn you guys that, considering the other projects on this page, Project Luna will probably be fairly limited in its custom media and scripts. That said, I hope you guys enjoy whatever I manage to do. I'm not going to make any promises this time around as far as estimated release times and such go because life is mildly hectic at the moment, but I really want to give this a try.

My first job will be optimising and finally releasing the real Project Luna: Episode I. I don't know if the cutscene multi-level bug has been fixed and episodic necessity mooted, but irrespective, I'll keep to my original concept.

EDIT: And by the way, on a good note, my friend made a full recovery . Incidentely it was her birthday two weeks ago, we went to Vegas! Did fine though, only lost around $70 gambling

EDIT II: Hm... after installing RC9, I am unable to open FPSC; it simply tells me that the Map Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close. Naturally, after this, the Editor itself closes. I tried installing RC8 instead, then back to RC9, and nothing seems to be helping. Any ideas?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2006 11:00
Good to hear that your friend is okay and good to see you back.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2006 11:06
It feels great to be back, Fred .

You wouldn't happen to have any ideas about my Map Editor problem (in my second edit of the above post) would you?

The community seems to be moving along nicely. Seems a lot more... homely, I guess. I can't wait to give some of the demos and games recently released a try, they all look great . Especially Umbra, which seems to fit right into my taste of games .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 21:40:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 21:40:41