Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Project Luna - Updates

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2006 04:25 Edited at: 29th Apr 2006 04:25
Thanks for the info--but I probably won't bother with that particular script and just work on getting this cutscene to work, thanks for your help though!

Filefront is finally allowing uploads again, so once I get this cutscene to play after killing the enemy, I'll start uploading.

Evil has a new name.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 12:26 Edited at: 3rd May 2006 12:27
Hey, guys!

Sorry for the double post, but I've just started uploading the 1 level demo to Filefront. Due to my horrible upload speed, the link will not be up for a while (giving me the chance to collect a few screenshots for show and such).

The filesize is 130MB... sorry about the size, but it simply would not go down any further.

I've attached a list of notes I made about V4 (which, as I've said, is the label for the most recent incarnation of the game), simply because I had some time on my hands. It's not exactly necessary, but it'll give you a bit of an idea about what the new demo will be like.

EDIT: I've just realised how much I double post, but realise that it is because I want to bump the thread as well as give entirely new info, not that I just don't know there is an edit button .

Evil has a new name.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 15:13
I read notes and this really sounds neat!
I will downlaod this!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 01:17 Edited at: 4th May 2006 01:20
Thanks, Nigezu!

Check the first page... .

I wanted the "big day" to have a better unvieling, but I was out while it was uploading, and... it uploaded faster than I thought it would.
I'll probably update the post with more screenshots and such sometime soon. Before that, though, here's some tips.

- Because this is a demo, I needed to keep "reward zones" down to necessities... so, all rewards are just ammo clips. A little boring, but believe me, those secrets will be made of use in the final build.

- Each enemy takes a fair amount to kill. On top of that, only one clip is found throughout the level by normal means--the handgun holds 15 shots, of course, but you may want to attempt to avoid some enemies when you can.

- There will be more than one time when you'll hit a wall, so to speak, even in the demo, if you don't read files. You can still progress without them, but they will give you a lot of info on not just the story, but the obstacles ahead, too.

- This is not an action game. The level of enemies is about the same as the previous demo, but you may notice a heavy difference on their appearance and where they are. I tried to make some sort of balance, and think I've succeeded.

- As stated a while back, this is not "Rambo: The Game" you're playing here. Shooting and killing every enemy is more than possible, but you'll have to rely on numerous hidden clips to handle that much firepower.

- The level is surprisingly short when you know exactly where to go, and what to do. That said, there is still some fun to be had in a replay--I would know, I've played the thing over a hundred times... .

- Finally, the major puzzle in the demo will hopefully not be too hard to understand. If you're good at english or have a dictionary beside you, it may be easier to solve.

- That's about it for now. I will warn you that the loading times are quite bad (so please, get some reading done, or something like that, while it's loading), and the framerate is still a work in progress. If you're suffering from terrible framerates (15 and under all the time--which you shouldn't be), close all doors behind you after you've finished in a room, it seems to help.

So, there you go. Enjoy the demo, and please leave some feedback once your done on what you thought of it!

Oh, and if you're bored enough to read the readme (no one ever is.... ), I just noticed I forgot Valve's name in the credits. Pretend they're there, they will be in the next demo!

Evil has a new name.
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 12:49
I'm downloading it now!
2%...3%...4%...
Can't wait!

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:07
Cool, Nigezu!

Hope you like it, since I'd look pretty stupid if it ended up being a piece of crap .

By the way, something I forgot to say:

I apologize a lot in advance about the file in the laundry. I had no idea how small it would turn out--the writing, although not completely unreadable, may end up a bit of a strain for some. If someone asks for it, I'll post a tanscript of the file on here for easy access. I'll increase the size by about 15% for the next demo.

Evil has a new name.
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:22
Have you made any other levels than this first one yet, Jiffy?

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:35 Edited at: 4th May 2006 13:37
Kind of, Nigezu.

I'm sort of quater-way through the second level.

That said, I'm more of a "story-planner" (probably has something to do with me... well, being a writer), so I've got my entire game-timeline set out. The reason I say "sort of" is for the fact that I haven't really chosen one of two options for where the story progresses, so I've done a bit of both options (I won't tell you what either are, but they both are very interesting).

...Of course, that's not counting the originals, and only V4. V1 had a total of 6 levels, V2 had 2, and V3 only had one.

So, how much longer 'till the download finishes?

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:44 Edited at: 4th May 2006 13:45
It just finished download but everything was password protected when I tried to open it. I clicked cancel about thousand times and when I had skipped all the files it didn't open.

PS: Have you checked out my site yet: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:50 Edited at: 4th May 2006 13:54
Nigezu:

Hm, I actually tested it before too, and noticed it didn't work as well. Absolutely no idea how that happened--I did still get into it though, by typing some random word (I think I typed in "work", but I think that the word entered doesn't matter), and after a while, it opened it.

If that doesn't work (and even if it does), I apologize a lot. I'll probably just re-upload the minutely updated demo later if I can, but for now, just try and by-pass the password. Weird, though (and if typing in a random word doesn't work, just don't type anything and press "Okay").

:S.

PS: I just recently checked your site, actually, looking good!

EDIT: Hm, actually, trying it again didn't work. Sorry for the serious error, I'll just have to upload it again (which will take a long time, again). Amazingly sorry, I'll make it up to when it's uploaded.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:53 Edited at: 4th May 2006 13:56
OK, I'll try to type ''work'' to password. EDIT: When I type some password and try to click OK it doesn't do anything. I have to click cancel to get further. And when I have cancelled every password game doesn't open.

I just added some new screenies to my site.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 15:47
Yeah, Nigezu, like I said, it didn't appear to work (pun not intended) the second time. Well, I'll have to re-upload an un-installerised version (still 130MB, just without the Mission Brief video included in the install directory). Apologies for the inconvienience--I really stuffed up! It's wierd, too, since I actually did install it using the installer just yesterday.

Oh well, I'll have to upload it later.

Again, sorry for the inconvienience.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 17:30
It didn't work for me either.i am really interested in playing this.Please let me know when you get the demo working.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 22:56 Edited at: 5th May 2006 18:57
Hey Jiffy, take your time, where not poking you with pitchforks here. At, least I'm not (*hides axe*). Looks interesting and fun to play, though!

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 00:59 Edited at: 5th May 2006 10:57
Heh, thanks guys.

Just started uploading now, but it'll be a 4-5 hour wait, unfortunetely.

Again, sorry for the inconvienience and thanks for understanding.

Talk to you later.

EDIT: Dang! Sorry guys, more problems. I just got a new computer (can anyone say... Alienware? ), and I, just today, transferred over FPSC. Well, now, it doesn't seem to want to open (keeps talking about a DBP Runtime Error... I've heard of the problem before, but don't remember the fix). And, all I have now is the non-working installer. Big problem. I'm still scouring for fixes to the Runtime error, it just means the release is delayed further (I have a habit of making that happen, but really, there shouldn't be any need for further delays).

Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice the first picture is the mansion from Resident evil nice! did you make it?

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 07:25 Edited at: 6th May 2006 09:55
Of course I made it !

It's actually not supposed to be the Spencer mansion (from Resident Evil), but I've heard a few people refer to it as such. Although there are a few similarities (the foyer, mainly, since it has a carpet like that in the game), they arn't actually the same thing.

Anyway, my brand new Alienware (a maxed out Aurora 7500, it even has a PhysX PPU!) is doing great. I got FPSC working finally and am re-uploading a working version of the demo--I've tested it on two computers, so it has to work this time!

EDIT: By the way, who likes my new signiture more than the old two? I personally like this one the best, but I just sorta wanted to know. I have a habit of messing around with the designs, so I'd like some input if anyone feels like it.

EDIT 2: Fairly irrelevant, but it appears that V3 of Project Luna is still going strong. I had 14 hits this week (crazy to me, since, well, it's kind of old, and, I don't see anything that would engage people enough to download a 90MB file), so there you go.
270 downloads in total, pretty good. Let's hope V4 gets more !

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 11:07
I hope you get working version uploaded soon!

And your new signature is way better.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 11:16 Edited at: 6th May 2006 11:20
Yeah, Nigezu, Filefront, being the annoyance that it is, is telling me there is another 3-4 hour wait before the demo will be uploaded (never liked Filefront, but can you deny something that has unlimited bandwith and is free?), so I'll make a post the second it finishes.

And thanks for the feedback on my new signiture, I don't know why I never thought of giving the lines at the back a bit of a glow effect (I think I also like them straighter, too, because the wavy ones looked kind of "hand-drawn"), and I like the new font, too (been using it for everything).

What to do for another 4 hours? I think I'll do a little more work on level 2 and then play a bit of Indigo Prophecy.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 12:31
If you have level 1 finished, do work with level 2.

[img][/img]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 17:05 Edited at: 6th May 2006 17:09
Oh. My. God.

Not funny. The non-working .exe is called "PLDemo.exe", right? So is the new one. Only after 4 hours of uploading did stupid Filefront say "Duplicate Error. Please rename or delete the file." The "fun" just keeps coming, doesn't it? The way it's going, it practially looks like I don't have anything! Oh well, another 4-hour wait. As much as it frustrates me, it'll have to happen. To make things worse, I'm going out in a few hours, and won't be back for quite a while.

Hugely, immensely, insanely sorry. This just keeps happening, and it's getting on my nerves. A lot. Anyway, apologies again, hopefully you can occupy yourselves for a while longer.

And yeah, Nigezu, I have been working on Level 2 for a little while. With the use of Jonathon Fletcher's CorePak, it's coming along very nicely.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 18:02
That's why I quit using Filefront and started using Savefile.Even if you get your files uploaded it is a pain in the butt to download anything off of there.
But I guess you can't complain if it's free.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 18:59 Edited at: 7th May 2006 04:33
Savefile did look interesting, but the 60MB filesize limit is rather restricting for a 1 level demo of 130MB .

EDIT: This is getting ridiculous. Filefront really needs to get its act together. I mean, the upload service went down for maintenance at the very, very end of the upload. I don't know what they're doing, but I'm sick of it. Does anyone know of an upload service that allows at least 130MB, has a permanent service and actually works?

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 12:03
I don't have any idea what's going on with filefront and I don't know any other free upload service either.

[img][/img]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 12:45
Okay, Nigezu.

Well, Filefront seems to be allowing uploads again. I'l give it another shot and hope for the best.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 12:45
Lets hope it works this time!

[img][/img]
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 18:56
It's a shame that File front whent down for maintenance when it did but I bet you weren't the only one who got cut short. IMO Filefront is great and I would reccomend it to anyone.

PS Looking forward to demo, wherever it ends up.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 00:53
Well, the demo finally is up and ready for download. Check the first page again to be directed to the new download page (it's exactly where the "non-working" demo was, I removed the old link earlier).

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 07:31
Cool! I'll download it later. I'm busy now.

[img][/img]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 09:11 Edited at: 8th May 2006 15:03
Great to hear your enthusiasm Nigezu, I hope you enjoy it.

EDIT: Totally irrelevent, but I've just realised that this thread is the single most visited thread on the entire board, at least as far as the first page goes.

Wow. 5,000+ views? Pretty good!

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 15:37
I'm downloading it now!
I'll make you a review when I've played it.

[img][/img]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 15:50 Edited at: 8th May 2006 15:53
That'll be excellent, Nigezu.

There are a few gripes I have myself with it, mainly an error that I kept forgetting to fix, every time I uploaded it (it's not huge, and it's in one of the secret areas, but it makes it harder to read an already hard to read file).

One more thing, about the laundry--the odd "light" emitting from the other side of the room is an error and is not supposed to appear. That said, it can be useful to those who look for way to use it to their advantage.

Oh, and if you want to find the secrets--most of them are as simple as looking around for oddities, while one of them needs you to be a bit familiar with a particular object, and try to interact with it.

And before I forget, if you can't read a certain file in the demo (you'll know when you see it), ask me for a transcript. I have one at the ready.

Hope you enjoy it, Nigezu.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 16:26 Edited at: 8th May 2006 17:14
I have a problem with downloading. It stopped in 38%.
I'll try another server.

EDIT: 91% at the moment. I'll test it soon.

[img][/img]
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 18:51 Edited at: 9th May 2006 08:29
Your demo was really good! Only thing was that it was almost impossible to see anything (or maybe it is my LCD screen that has really bad brightness and contrast setups). Video at the start was nice. Level was pretty short when I figured out where to go.

At the start I went to bedroom where was ammo. After that I went to dining room and crawled to air went duct where I found more ammo. Then I found room where key was. There was nice document with text there. After that I went to room that was locked and there was button in the wall and again one text document. I read it. Then I found pistol and shot those two zombies that were looking for me in the hallway. Then I looked around a bit and I didn't knew where to go. I went to bedroom again and I found a fake wall. I shot it several times and blew up. I went to corridor behind it and there was paper with text. I read it too. Then I went ahead and I heard scary sound. There was two doors and first I went in the left one. Zombie spawned behind me and I killed it. Then I thought that left is probably a wrong door and went to right door. Again zombie spawned behind me. BANG, BANG and it was dead. I went to elevator. Then there was three doors. First I went in to one in my right side. There was a key on the table I think. I went to door that was in the left side of the place that I came after elevator. There was three zombies on the floor. I opened locked door and video clip started to play. Zombies waked up and they were heading towards me. I shot glass in front of me and there was a biotank. When I took it level was over.

Good
-good athmosphere
-not too much ammo in a gun
-zombies looked good and they had nicew animation
-nice text documents
-secrets

Bad
-too dark in many places
-in some places framerate dropped down
-pretty long loading time

[img][/img]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2006 01:11
Good to hear you liked it.

Sounds like you did a good job--maybe I need to increase the ambience (I most likely have a high brightness level, though I'm not sure).

And thanks for the praises. One question, though, how did you find the loading time? I know it was fairly if not really bad, but I'd still like to know how you found it.

And I agree, the level is quite short when you know what your doing (mainly because the level relies on puzzles and such before they can proceed).

The level framerate is something I'm still trying to fix--I'm not sure if it is similar with you, but a majority of my slowdown appears, strangely enough, in the dining room (with nil dynamic objects), and the fastest place being the walkway with the "two doors bathed in light".

Anyway, I'll try to increase the ambience in the next demo. There is still one more secret (with a cutscene) that you haven't found yet, by the way, but I'll leave that up to you should you want to find it.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2006 08:30 Edited at: 9th May 2006 08:30
Loading time was long indeed, but I had something to read.

And it wasn't the longest loading time I've seen in FPSC.

[img][/img]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2006 08:35
Good to hear it wasn't the longest you've seen, nor was it unbelievably unbearable.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 08:15
oops, sry havent posted in a bit (again )

anyways, glad to see your back!
Where exactly do i download the demo?

also if ur having trouble with filefront try fileplanet... i dunno, ive nevrer uploaded anythng before

IN MEMORY OF JIFFY
HE WAS BNNED FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL, AND WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU BY THE GREATEST SURVIVAL HORROR GAME OF ALL TIME: PROJECT LUNA
WE ALL MISS YOU, JIFFY
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 09:22
PureEvil, hey!

Glad to be back too. The download is on the first page (I edited my first post to make downloading for new people easier)--it's naturally the second link in the post, in the second edit. I've also got two "screenshots", or promo-posters if you will, on there too.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 02:55
can't download, says "invalid password or username"

is that supposed to happen?

LOL..... my sig sucked so I DELETED IT!!!! =D
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 03:29 Edited at: 12th May 2006 03:30
Invalid password or username? Sounds fairly familiar to the previous problems with the last upload--of course, that was human error by, but Nigezu managed to download it.

Have you tried it more than once? And did you get the error before the download, or after it?

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 04:07 Edited at: 12th May 2006 04:08
i got it before, and i tried 3 times.... but whats really creepy is afetr an hour it started downloading all on its own

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 04:10
Hm... weird.

So, now it's downloading then?

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 04:22
wow..... i tried playing, heres a few suggestions

take out introductory cut scene.. (it just shows pics of house, if you take it our i would qiucken the loading)

the loading is very long... (not suggestion more of a comment )

put more light in i started and all i saw was.... black..... except for that 1 light at the stairs.... and i entered a room and saw ammo, picked it up and decided to quit.... too black, you cant see anything ( i heard a guy walking around, and freaked out at the prospect of no weapons,blinding darkness, and thaT theres a huge zombie or who knows looking for me )

Vrey nice music on the main menu, you should play it on the laoding screen too.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 04:45 Edited at: 12th May 2006 04:46
This is starting to weird me out about the ambience.

Honestly, it looks "bright enough" on my computer, seriously. I'd make a guess that I just have an overwhelmingly bright monitor--because I've had at least 5 people play it on my computer, and one of them commented on how it was "too light for a horror game".

And again, apologies about the loading time. I think it may be worthwhile removing the opening cutscene for the internet-released version--although I'm a cutscene-nut.

The music, as mentioned in the Readme, was created by Francesco Stablum. He's amazing with music.

I may as well make it easier to find the initial gun, too. For reference, it's in the room underneath the stairs. You are suposed to go there first (which was a wild assumption, since it's completely out of the way).

Anyway, I'll crank the brightness up to an ambience of maybe.... 5-10. It's on 1 at the moment (I initially thought even THAT was too bright), so I'll see what I can do. Of course, with my horrific uploading speeds (I'm praying that I'll be able to upgrade to a connection in the megabits), I won't just be able to whip up a new version and upload it. Terribly sorry.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 09:02
Please, do not remove cutscenes. They are nice! And 130 Mb is not so bad.

[img][/img]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 09:07 Edited at: 12th May 2006 09:33
Fair enough, Nigezu. Maybe if I do end up getting a reasonable connection, I could consider uploading two version. And thanks, I like them too .

Oh, Nigezu--you already said it was fairly dark, but did you mean anything like PureEvil means, or just a little sub-efficient? I remember PureEvil mentioning that a screenshot from ages ago was almost totally black--so maybe there's a problem with the brightness. Of course, it's still a nuisance and there should be some work-around I can consider.

EDIT: Ouch... Hm, apparently setting up a dual display setup has altered my brightness... like PureEvil, I myself can only see black. Heh, ironic, no?

I suppose that cranked up ambience is the only way to go. Of course, I may just need to tweak my brightness/contrast settings for this monitor (both of which are at 100... hm...).

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 09:38
I could see something but game was still almost too dark to play. Especially with LCD monitor.

[img][/img]
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2006 09:43
Fair enough.

I'll just increase the brightness to about 5-10.

Should help.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2006 04:56
cool, thanks

i cant wait to play the playable vresion

also, how did you change the text? lke wen it says press use button to open door it has that spider web thing with red lettering.... did you edit scripts?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 17:54:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 17:54:00