Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / RPG Engine: Geisha House. Screenshots and interface Beta test.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 22:27
Quote: "Glad you liked it! The spell names are actually adapted from Tolkien Sindarin. I developed my magic system, its rules, then the spells. Then I constructed the spells from various keywords, then I looked up the Sindarin equivalent for each word. I wanted something sort of original, but not cheesy."

I see.

If this game is done,it might be even a commercial quality one of the movies and screeny's i saw of it.

Hope to see it done!

B-DA FIRE!
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 23:12
eherm... Buisiness...

I like the women in the bath house just standing around, maybe give the option of

"Talk"
"Stare"
"Request Happy Ending"

haha just to give your players something to do.

So since it will be a closed beta test, will we have to have closed conversations about closed bugs, in a closed internet?

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 23:19
Looks like you got DP integrated? Looks nice! How bad of a fps hit are we talking?

All you need is zeal
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 05:58
@Accel Leon -
Quote: "If this game is done,it might be even a commercial quality one of the movies and screeny's i saw of it."

Well, it's definitely getting done. Commercial quality, here we come!

@Oddmind -
Quote: "I like the women in the bath house just standing around, maybe give the option of"

Well, soon I'm going to implement NPC schedules and conversations. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Quote: "So since it will be a closed beta test, will we have to have closed conversations about closed bugs, in a closed internet?"

Yeah, I'll have a private messageboard set up for this. I own CashCurtis.com, but I just haven't set it up yet. I'll get around to it by then.

Oddmind, what kind of computer do you have?

@Zeal -
Quote: "Looks like you got DP integrated? Looks nice! How bad of a fps hit are we talking?"

Dark Physics? Oh my, no. Glad you think so though, that means I must be doing something right

Come see the WIP!
Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 06:32
hey cash, how would I be able to aquire myself into your closed beta list, if at all possible? The game just looks to awesome to miss, even for a beta.

http://www.milkpaton.com/
http://phoenixophelia.com
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 07:24 Edited at: 6th Aug 2006 07:28
Quote: "Dark Physics? Oh my, no. "

lol it looks like the knight walked through the curtain in that one shot. Is it just a static animation (like the wind is blowing it)?

*edit just noticed there is a video. Well im guessing if youre not using dp, you must be using the cloth/particles plugin. Is that really faster than dark physics?...

All you need is zeal
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 11:18
Quote: "Oddmind, what kind of computer do you have?"

A very sad and bedraggled computer, quivering in dismay every time Oddmind approaches and proceeds to lay his greasy fingers upon it's tainted keys.

You know what I think of the demo vid already man. NPC schedules will be cool. Sometimes that allows you to follow them around until they're well away from everyone else before you butcher them.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 17:47 Edited at: 6th Aug 2006 17:48
Wow! I lost interest in this thread when I didn't like the interface(now it looks a ton better), at the very beginning of the thread. But now that I looked at it, I am amazed! That video was awesome. I really like the curtain over the doorway into the bathhouse. It must have been challenging to code. Good job! I also like the magic system. Its really neat. I'm following this thread now

Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 20:05
my Specs are as follows. Please do not try and track it down as it is set in molten lava in a force field that only I can get through.

AMD Athlon 3500+ 2.2Ghz

ATI Radeon x800 GTO2 256 MB PS and VS 3.0 I believe.

1 gig ram

so yea pretty much its the bees knees...

hehe my e-mail is krazyjimmy at gmail dot com

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
eek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 01:37 Edited at: 7th Aug 2006 02:48
Wow Cash, the new video looks great. It's nice to see it in play, rather than just environmental or just interface. Glad to see it's going so well! The only thing that I noticed with the cloth that is off is it seems to move very slowly, wheras real life cloth would "settle" back to it's original position, I think. As far as I could tell from the video what I'm saying is true but I may be wrong. Something to think about, maybe. Keep it up!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 10:12
@Zeal -
Quote: "Well im guessing if youre not using dp, you must be using the cloth/particles plugin. Is that really faster than dark physics?..."

Well, in this particular application, just particles and two pieces of cloth, I imagine that this is faster. However, in a full scale physics world, I'd put my money with Dark Physics any day. After all, they spent millions to make that crazy piece of software.

But, it's easy on the processor. I have an efficient cloth and particle culling system in place that really eases the burden. And when it's on screen it's not that bad, just a few FPS. One I had it stretched from 0,0,0 to about 2000,700,-2000 (experiment phase) and it was hell on the frame rate. I guess the more it moves and flaps around the more it demands.

@UFO -
Quote: "Wow! I lost interest in this thread when I didn't like the interface(now it looks a ton better), at the very beginning of the thread. But now that I looked at it, I am amazed!"

Well, it has certainly improved. Glad to have you back! Things are moving along now, so you shouldn't have to wait all that long for things to happen now.

@Oddmind -
Awesome. I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Quote: "A very sad and bedraggled computer, quivering in dismay every time Oddmind approaches and proceeds to lay his greasy fingers upon it's tainted keys."

Uh oh, looks like we have expert witness testimony on this. Sorry buddy, you're out.

Just kidding!

@eek -
I'm glad you liked it. You're right about the cloth, it is a bit slow. I'll play with the settings to see what I can come up with. Maybe playing with the damping will do it. I think gameplay is VERY important, and the reason that most RPGs fail. People get all hung up in environmentals and they sink too much processor into it without considering how much CPU power the gameplay is going to demand. I think I've achieved a nice balance between the two, without shaders (although I do plan to have some optional shader support later).

No fancy pictures or videos just yet. I'm doing more boring things right now, like optimizing the engine and creating the conversation system. It's pretty tedious and boring. I guess I can see why I never finished a text adventure. But hey, it's coming along.

I'm surprised about the positive feedback I got from that last video. It wasn't quite as dazzling a piece as I wanted to put together, but I guess it did the job

Well, the engine is definitely faster. I've got 14 characters and a more efficient resource management system. Sadly, I had to give the tavern the axe. With its addition, the engine suddenly became a bit unstable. Too many polygons? Too much texture memory? I sure don't know, but the DX DLL started taking a crap on me every now and then, every time the frame rate dropped it would crash. I guess my tavern was a bit high poly, 15k I believe. I'll rework it with primitives only and see if it flies. I'll make it smaller too. Anyway, everything is fast and stable again.

In any event, I've got 1500 objects currently in play in this game! I'm going to analyze that closely and see if I'm wasting anything. I'm about to drop gameplay items in the world, and I can't have any inefficiencies holding me back.

I also fixed my gravity system. For whatever reason, it wasn't timer based before. I was quite surprised to find out how much of my game physics relied on my bad gravity. Everything is fixed and perfect now. I also implemented a camera smoothing routine, because depending on the terrain it could jiggle around, which sure didn't look nice. And, I finally fixed object movement to be nice and smooth.

Off to the boring work!

Come see the WIP!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 11:35
I know how you feel about the boring work man. Took me 2 weeks to make my level editor and I'm still having to update it as I go along now. Making a tool to make your game, for me at least, was no fun at all. But you know you have to get these jobs done to get THE job done. It'll all pay off in the end. You know all these little dull jobs are gonna help set GH even further apart from the crowd.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 17:29
There is no point me posting this as you know what I'm going to say but meh! Great work! Looks spectacular!

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 17:36
Cash,

i think i take your advice in my topic,

And i hope i can make it as good as this!!!

But anyway,i hope to see more updates soon!everytime theres a new post here i check if there are new screeny's!

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 18:48 Edited at: 7th Aug 2006 18:48
Updated the texture again, still needs a lotta work.

The animation is getting there too but its really hard to get it right, specially with the strange bugs that pop up.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 20:06 Edited at: 7th Aug 2006 20:06
Hey thats looking marvelous! the only thing thats kind of strange is the neck, when it intersects with the torso it has some kind of artic=fact thing happening.

also the whiteish lining around the bosom needs some optimization, its being stretched pretty badly.

are you using a 512x512 map?

Quote: "I'm surprised about the positive feedback"

yea me too, this game sucks! Why would anyone ever want to give it positive feedback

oh and im still awaiting your e-mail

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 09:16
Cash: Did you get my e-mail?

Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 18:04
whats the newest demo out? ive been away from ur thread for awhile. HUrry up with the full release

"If I die, tell my wife 'hello'"
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 20:10
Quote: "whats the newest demo out? ive been away from ur thread for awhile."
if you were even ever on the thread you'd know that there was never any demo released.

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 21:49 Edited at: 8th Aug 2006 21:50
@Fallout -
Quote: "You know all these little dull jobs are gonna help set GH even further apart from the crowd. "

You are very right about that. The most boring parts produce the best long term results. It can't always be flashy, but it can always be good

@andrew neale -
Thanks! I really enjoyed your new platformer project too. I really look forward to playing that.

@Accel Leon -
I'm glad that my advice was useful. I try to keep the updates coming, for you and everyone

@Chenak -
My friend, you have MAD skills. That mesh is perfect, and the texture will be perfect soon. She's very pretty too. Just awesome. I can't believe that she's so low poly!! Especially the detail on her face.

I'll just be looking forward to the finished product, and your posts in between

@Oddmind -
Quote: "yea me too, this game sucks! Why would anyone ever want to give it positive feedback"

Yeah, I've been told twice now the project sucks. Once by Kenjar, and now by Wolf Dreamer. Maybe they're on to something Nah, they can both go screw themselves. Or each other. If my game sucks at this point, I'm done for.

Quote: "oh and im still awaiting your e-mail"

Soon my friend! Tomorrow, it's late right now

@Saikoro -
Yes I did! I replied to you. Your work is just awesome. That will really add a new element to the game.

For those that don't know, Saikoro has been working on a musical notation system for the magic. Basically, combinations of runes will produce unique combinations of notes, resulting in each spell having a special sound, or 'song'. It's going to be awesome.

@Shadow Coderer -
Quote: "whats the newest demo out? ive been away from ur thread for awhile. HUrry up with the full release"

Believe me, I want this thing out more than anyone else in the whole world.

Actually Oddmind, one demo has been released, that Interface Demo 1.56 on the first page, the 21 mb download. It's mainly just core mechanics, but it does give a pretty good feel for how the game will handle.

This is just awesome. I've got so many talented people contributing to this project. Saikoro's musical notes, Fallout's song that he wrote for me, Chenak's incredible model, Hobgoblin Lord and Oddmind's great artwork This has sort of become the greatest accidental team effort in history.

Well, I've taken a two day break from the game. Why do you ask? Oh no you jerk, work on the game!!!!

Well, I've enrolled in a Video Game Design class in my school!!! And, I can't go in there like a scrub, so I had to put my web page together. It had to happen eventually anyway, might as well be now. Here is the result of two days of hard work.

Now, I'm by no means experienced with this whole 'internet' fad. But, I'm giving it my best.

The website is an easy way for people to get info about Geisha House, videos, downloads, etc. There's also a forum (a real one, not some ProBoard junk). This is the forum that we'll use during the game Beta test. Of course, if you want to give a shout out, don't hesitate

Well, class is still two weeks away, so I'm going to put this game into extra high gear. I'm already in high gear, so I'm not actually sure how fast this is going to be So, critique the website, I'll fix it, and I'll have some nice stuff to show everyone very soon.

Thanks!!!

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

eek
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Of course, if you want to give a shout out, don't hesitate "

*Shouts*

The site looks great Cash. For critiques, I would say change the font from the default times new roman to something else. Even regular Arial would do... It makes a lot of difference. Other than that it looks very nice, and there aren't very many other problems. It's not W3 compliant, but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Lookin good Cash.
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 22:33
I really like the site and it is layed out pretty nicely. Easy to navigate. I signed up on your forum too

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 23:13
awesome job on the website, I'll join your forums .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 00:03
Quote: "For those that don't know, Saikoro has been working on a musical notation system for the magic. Basically, combinations of runes will produce unique combinations of notes, resulting in each spell having a special sound, or 'song'. It's going to be awesome."

Holy crapenhausen! That's a great idea. *scribbles it down in his book of stolen ideas to use when the original author dies in a freak accident* It sounds quite sort of nintendo zelda cute, but also very cool to personalise a spell with audio. I had a similar idea using runes with a spoken word so the character would read out the rune spelling, but music is a great idea.

Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 02:53
Quote: "For those that don't know, Saikoro has been working on a musical notation system for the magic. Basically, combinations of runes will produce unique combinations of notes, resulting in each spell having a special sound, or 'song'. It's going to be awesome."

You stole my idea!

Just kidding, although I have thought of a music-based magic system, it was done a little differently. Sadly, I will not post it, because I am afraid Fallout will kill me and steal it.

Don't mess with Texas!
...Internet? What the hell is that!
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 06:31
whoa cool. Music in games is wondeerful, spread the music with VH1.

Cash in retrospect, that painting really sucked. I've been practicing more and getting crits from the professionals over at polycount, If you would like, I can make a splash/menu screen for you in an asian/watercolor type style... or maybe like one of those monochrome scrolls with the illustrations...

I dunno but I definately would like to contribute to this game more.

I'll be puttin some stuff together, whether or not you need it I wanna try some stuff in this style.

These cheez-its are staring me down...

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:56
@eek -
Quote: "The site looks great Cash. For critiques, I would say change the font from the default times new roman to something else. Even regular Arial would do... It makes a lot of difference. Other than that it looks very nice, and there aren't very many other problems. It's not W3 compliant, but it doesn't necessarily have to be."

Awesome, I'll play around with the font. I don't even know what W3 compliant is I guess I'll Google it though. Glad you liked it!

Quote: "I really like the site and it is layed out pretty nicely. Easy to navigate. I signed up on your forum too"

Quote: "awesome job on the website, I'll join your forums"

Glad you liked it guys And welcome to the forum!

@Fallout -
Quote: "*scribbles it down in his book of stolen ideas to use when the original author dies in a freak accident*"

If I leave you Geisha House in my will it won't make me die sooner, will it?
Quote: "It sounds quite sort of nintendo zelda cute"

Haha, yeah. Hopefully it's quite a bit darker though. Saikoro has done a great job selecting good instruments. Hopefully this will add a layer of depth to the magic system.

@Paper Assassin -
Quote: "You stole my idea!"

I'll be seeing you in court. Except this will be a special Japanese session of court where the loser gets a finger chopped off

@Oddmind -
Quote: "If you would like, I can make a splash/menu screen for you in an asian/watercolor type style... or maybe like one of those monochrome scrolls with the illustrations..."

I'd love it. Get creative, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Basically, the game needs unique logos, splash screens, etc. They can all be derived from one base graphic.

Be sure and post any art at the CashCurtis.com forum too, so it won't get sucked away into all of these pages. I made a sticky just for art.

@Everyone -
If anyone is interested in doing 2D work for the game, I'd love to have your help. Of course, you can help as much or as little as you want. You can do Geisha House inspired art, concept art, etc.

One need that I really have is new 2D in game art. All of the runes, backpacks, and crates will have to be redone. It's not a big deal if they're done in time for GH since GH will be free anyway, but it will be very important for future games. These graphics will be used over and over again, so your work will definitely be appreciated.

So, either post or contact me if you're interested, and don't be afraid to load CashCurtis.com up with art. Or cute Japanese girls that might inspire you to create art I'll be a bit pickier with this aspect of the game, but I know there are a lot of you with mad talent, so I'm not worried

Come see the WIP!
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 15:01 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 15:01
Grats on the views =)

[see attached]

Still looking for a good sound for that last one... I was thinking about doing a combination instrument for it, but can't seem to find a good choir voice... all I know is that I've been writing fantasy music like crazy once I got this combination going, so if I can recreate my piano effects to the comp, we'll have a winner.

Attachments

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 15:20
Quote: "I'm glad that my advice was useful. I try to keep the updates coming, for you and everyone"

Nice site design too

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
eek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 21:32 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 21:33
Quote: "Awesome, I'll play around with the font. I don't even know what W3 compliant is I guess I'll Google it though. Glad you liked it!"

W3 is just the World Wide Web Consortium. http://w3.org It's just used to try and standardize code, to try and get people to use the right methods for the right things. Here is the validation of the home page: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fcashcurtis.com(sorry link won't work...). It's not completely necessary, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. Most of the problems are very easy fixes anyways, mostly the alt attribute on your images. This is a problem because if you are blind, and are using a tts program to "read" you the webpage rather than being able to see it, it would have nothing to read. It's just better for accessability so everyone can enjoy the site.

Either way, there aren't that many problems, so it's still a great site either way. Great job on everything!
Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 02:15
Quote: "I'll be seeing you in court. Except this will be a special Japanese session of court where the loser gets a finger chopped off "

Oh no! I only have one left!

I used to have one of those signs, but then realized how annoying it was...
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 07:32
Oh jesus this almost hit the second half of the first page!

What an act of dishonour!!

I must prove my loyalty to Cash Curtis San!!!

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 11:13
can't remembe rif we mentione dit in the gdtheory thread, but my posse' were discussing a game of old called loom, (i think that's how it's spelt). It rings a bell to me but I don't think i ever playe dit. I bring it up cause it was a game wher eyou cast magic by playing a flute, on easy mode you selected a tune to play and it would cast a spell, on teh more difficult modes you had to remember a sequence of notes for each spell (sorta like the ocarina in zelda). if you are gonna do a magic system with music maybe give that one a look. game is still lookin good cash, keep it up!

Syndicate remastered: Corporate persuasion through urban violence.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 11:13
I reckon Cash should have zombies that commit seppuku and then beat him with their own intestines. Now that'd be creative!

Alex Just Do It
Years of Service
User Offline
Nude lady? I didnt see any. Well i am grateful i didnt.

----------------------------------
Blah Blah Blah!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 23:28 Edited at: 12th Aug 2006 23:30
Sorry for the lack of solid updates lately. I've been doing lots of work, but sadly there has been no great change in what you see.

I've revamped my entire timer based system, and now it's smooth and fast. I'm using a high precision timer for the movement and animation now (which is slower) but I've consolidated about 100 timer calls into one single call (which is mucho fast).

This may sound strange, but I just perfected my gravity. With the new high precision timer it made it a little too precise, which caused me some really annoying problems. But, finally fixed.

So next I'll be revamping my item management system. It's fine now, but I need it to be able to handle more items effectively than I theoretically can now. Then, I'll finish my game culling system. Right now when you are in a lower building story the items and characters above you are still visible. Not a big deal, but I've put it off to find the best, low CPU cost, solution possible.

Enjoy!

Quote: "Nude lady? I didnt see any. Well i am grateful i didnt."

Hmm... interesting. Maybe this isn't the game for you Personally, I am grateful when I see a nude lady.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 23:33
Nice Flowers,

and good you got that fixed,noone want to precise things...they wont work always...

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 02:35 Edited at: 13th Aug 2006 02:36
Updated the texture again The texture size is 2048x2048 at the moment to get a bit of detail in.

Attachments

Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 05:11
damn thats a very big texture. I hope your going to half it down to 1024, otherwise it will be a very big waste of texture memory.

looks good though.

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 05:22
It can be reduced to 512 without much loss of detail
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 07:42
The model is looking very good Chenak. Are you going to do more models for this project?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 08:22
yes it is chenak, I get too fuzzled up in crits and trying to help people make there models look better that I forget to aknowlege the fact that they already do.

Good work, and I hope to see more of your work in the game. A downside to indie projects is that if all of the media isn't from the same provider it will look... wonky

Hope thats incentive for you to make some more models hehe!

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 06:12 Edited at: 15th Aug 2006 06:16
@Chenak -
Continuing to look absolutely fabulous. She's cute, and she's perfect for the game.

Quote: "A downside to indie projects is that if all of the media isn't from the same provider it will look... wonky "

That's true, but I'll be tweaking the textures to help. Plus, the overhead perspective will help even things out.

I've been hesitant to post because I hate making lame posts. But, here's my lame post. I've been working on more game internals. I just fully implemented my static particle system. That is, particles like waterfall spray, small fires, swirling demon gates of death and pestilence, etc. that are static in nature. It's fully scripted and some of my greatest code to date. It also worked perfectly on the third compile (spelling errors). I've captured 90% of the power of the Cloth and Particles Pack with this. The best thing is that my particle culling system is so effective that all of the particles really have next to no impact on the FPS. Now I can put tiny little fires inside of all the lanterns I can also share resources (like colliders, effectors) between multiple particle entities via the scripting system, which is really nice.

I also got my dynamic building entity culling system fully worked out. That is to say, when you go into another story of a building, you can only see items, door, characters, and particles that are on your same level. It's just right

In addition to all of this, I've managed to squeak out just a hair more speed from the system.

I'll have a hot new video out in about a week showing some cool stuff. I'm just waiting on Jonny Ree to deliver some killer models to my doorstep, then I'll be in business

Come see the WIP!
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 12:00
Yeah. Jonny Ree has a tendency to produce amazing artwork! Can't wait for the vid.

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 06:40
A tendency? More like a skill.
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 07:57
Sounds brilliant cash. Lol, I dreamt last nigth that you called me up and started expounding the intracacies of your coding knoiwledge to me. It was awesome!

Looking forward to the vid.

Regards,
Greenlig

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 09:28
Quote: "Yeah. Jonny Ree has a tendency to produce amazing artwork!"

Haha A tendency is more like - Cash has a tendency to be a jerk... I'm with you though, he's a damned good artist

Chenak has some amazing skills as well. I'm really lucky to have so many talented people contributing to this project. I'm going to have quite a few people in the credits

@greenlig -
Hey, good to have you! I don't believe that you've posted here yet.
Quote: "Sounds brilliant cash. Lol, I dreamt last nigth that you called me up and started expounding the intracacies of your coding knoiwledge to me. It was awesome!"

I had a dream kind of like that. Except it was with Jessica Alba. And we weren't sharing coding knowledge, we were sharing... something else. Although, she did say that something I was working on looked particularly 'hard', or something

I'm working diligently on that video. I'm working on my static sounds and music engine right now. Before I'd just loaded up some music and let it play while I recorded the videos. Pretty much faking it I'm using Torrey's Audio DLL, and it's damned good. It runs the music in a separate thread, which is great for my game resources. Plus, it doesn't crash the game upon exit like the native music commands were doing.

The conversations are on hold until David T updates the Unity plug-in. I have to be able to request null strings for my system to work. But, there's plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

I'm using so many DLLs it's crazy. I also have replacement commands for most of the native DBP commands that I wrote myself. I think that I'm still using If...Then... and Sync though.

Well, I'm off.

Come see the WIP!
Supremacy
Years of Service
User Offline
youre using my blood texture that you must have got from limefly, cool !!! nice to see this is getting somewhere.....if you need another artist just ask

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120....
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 14:18
Looking great Cash.

Are you going to be using DavidT's LUA plugin with the engine? I am going to try and use it's arrays to speed up my culling code quite a bit. If it works you may want to test it out. It will handle both objects as a whole (seems to be a bit faster than checking if they are in screen so far) and limbs of an object for complex objects like terrains and worlds. I'll post the results in the code snippets forum when I get time to work on it again, hopefully this weekend. Work is keeping me busy like crazy.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 14:39
Quote: "youre using my blood texture that you must have got from limefly, cool !!! nice to see this is getting somewhere.....if you need another artist just ask"

Actually, I took Simon's animated sprite pack and converted 4 frames of smoke animation to 16 frames of interpolated blood. However, if you have more blood, I'd sure love to have it. One blood texture just isn't enough.

And beyond that, I'd love to have another artist helping out with this project. One big need is our container images and the runes. I'll redo them eventually, but I'm more concerned with getting a playable game finished. I'd love to have your help

Or, you might be interested in doing some Geisha House inspired artwork, for logos and intro screens and such. It's up to you, and every bit helps. I appreciate the offer!

@Lost in Thought -
Quote: "Looking great Cash."

Thanks! That means a lot, especially coming from you Yeah, I'm heavily using David T's LUA wrapper in this project. Every single aspect of the game is scripted, which will allow future RPGs to be made fairly quickly, and for a distributable editor to be released eventually.

I am very interested in your culling code. It is brilliantly conceived and written. Last time I ran it, it was unfortunate that DBP limited the speed so much. I'd DEFINTELY use it if LUA helped to make it faster. That would just be incredible. I'll be on the lookout!

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 03:52:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 03:52:21