Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 16:02
i'm so excited *bump*

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 19:46
ply my question is this with 3rd person veiw how would they handle the guns and stuff like that, also lets say the player is facing the comando or the chainsaw brute, would we have to make animations for there dodges and stuff like that. This way the only thing that worrys me about the tps.

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 20:12 Edited at: 21st Sep 2008 20:16
@Punk13 Yeah, that's the only potential problem with this mod. You would have to do a lot of remodeling. You would really need to do it if you wanted dual-wielding in multiplayer. It's not really a problem, as you can't expect Ply to do everything for you, now can you? Anyway, still looking amazing Ply, subscribed to you on Youtube.
EDIT: OH MY GOD JUST SAW THE NEW VIDEO LIGHTSABER HOLY CRUD WITH A LITTLE REMODEL AND A LITTLE RETEXTURE AND A GLOW, PLY HAS HIMSELF A COMERCIAL MODEL THAT WOULD MAKE HIM MILLIONS!!! HE WILL RULE THE WORLD!!! Sorry, overeacting... Maybe... Ply, willyou be releasing this with the mod, or will we have to pay?

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 23:51
@Punk13:

I had worked on making it possible for the 3rd person character entity to have all loaded weapons available for it to equip. After that... it's all up to the developer on how to make them dodge, shoot, reload, change weapons, etc.

There's only so much I can do to the engine for this sort of thing.

I think making a new animation for your character to swap weapons and dodge would be your best bet... However, dual-wielding currently isn't available for entities, so you're out of luck on that for the time being. Sorry.

@Crusader:

Lol, thanks for the compliment on the lightsabre. I do feel a sort of accomplishment with that.

I think I'll release the lightsabre with the Mod when it comes out. Royalty Free and you may change it however you wish.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 00:34 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2008 00:47
I missed something, lightsaber? When did this happen, I didnt see this vid.... also, do we have water? I read we did somewhere...

-edit-
ah yes, I have a suggestion ply... ability to create numerically displayed variables (that we we can have armor, money and such w/o making a billion huds)

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 02:23
no problem on dual wielding my main concern is dodging and swamping, so your saying i should make an animation for just dodging and shooting then? but then how would i intergrate that?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 02:25
Scripting.....

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 02:37
lol, CG you know what i noticed about your writing there is always a
Quote: "....."
and then an occasional " "
Just say.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 06:04
@meteorite:

The lightsabre video was posted up in the Models and Media board as my very first model.

Annnnnnddd.... about your suggestion... have you not seen the Armor and Money numeric HUDs in my vids? Those are all test levels that don't even USE armor and money, yet the HUDs still work perfectly fine. And that's because they function AS a numeric HUD bound to the value of a Ply's Mod defined variable. The variables and their corresponding HUDs were set up in the "setuplevel.fpi" script. It's very easy to accomplish, and the HUD automatically updates when the variable changes.

@Punk13:

You'll need to make an animation for your character, set it up in the character's anim list (FPE File) and call the animation through your TPS script whenever it's necessary.

Since FPSC can't multi-animate a single model (Meaning your character is made up of multiple models, each running their own animations)... your character probably won't be reloading while dodging or anything spectacular like that.

Any kind of animation is possible for any kind of effect, you just need to set it up right and script it's usage.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 06:12
ah ok i see what you mean.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 06:15
Sorry double post, actually wouldn't it be easier to script a dodge by trigger so lets say, press "D" and then it plays the animation? that way when you go up to bonds character and it gives you a warning the player can dodge it easy?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 06:18
That would be very possible to script.

What I would recommend is setting up a variable to be used as a method of telling your player script what animations it needs to play, etc. from other scripts.

So, your monster script could have a portion which warns the player and then checks for a "D" press during that time... if the player presses "D" in that time, then it will set the variable to a certain value which your player script will recognise as needing to play the dodge animation.

No more Mod additions are needed to achieve this effect. Just some more modelling is all.

(You know, it seems every day I find more and more things that can already be accomplished with this Mod... it's quite exciting really! )

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 06:59
ok, very nice i didnt understand any of it, except the variable part, maybe rampage will help me out lol. i need to learn the fpi language lol t cant be much harder then ruby right? which iv gotten the hang of.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 07:34
FPI is like a baby toy compared to Ruby... so you shouldn't have much problems with it. Just like all languages, all it takes is to learn the commands and syntax.

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 07:39
ok cool, yeah i see thanks ply it seems easy i just need to commit to it.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 07:41
Once you understand how to setup a line of code... it's all about looking up conditions and actions to use in the line to make your script work.

Okay, that's seems too easy, lol. There's a bit more thought that goes into it, but it really is a very easy language to use.

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 07:48
lol, ok tomorrow i begin learning fpi, see you then ply Have a good one

Punk13

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 08:45
Quote: "Since FPSC can't multi-animate a single model (Meaning your character is made up of multiple models, each running their own animations)... your character probably won't be reloading while dodging or anything spectacular like that."

Hmm, I remember seeing a funky tool that allows a model to run tonnes of animations at once, but it's a plug-in for DBP, and I've no idea how you'd make it accessable via FPI anyhoo.....

I also found this advanced sprites pulgin for DBP, appareantly in some instances it can increase the frame-rate ten fold in a fully sprited game, how hard would it be to replace the current decal system with one harnessing this......

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 18:17
I have some ideas how a multi-anim model could be utilized through FPI. It all depends on how the plugin works and how well it'll implement into FPSC. Might be something worth looking into... but of course, it would need to be done with utmost care to preserve functionality with older models.

I'm not sure what you mean by replacing decals with sprites... Sprites are 2-Dimensional pictures on screen.... Decals are 3D plains billboarded to face the camera all the time.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 00:40
I guess you could multi-animate a single model with a mod, but nobody knows how Right?

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 04:21
well i think id just be easier to call the animation via fpi........

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 23:18
@Crusader:

Yes, you can. I played around with forcefully moving and rotating certain parts of a character model, so that they can actually aim upwards and LOOK like they're aiming upwards....

It worked, but not all of the character models are made the same, with the same limb structure. So it's really a waste of time when the animators can make the animations themselves.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 01:07
WHEN IS THE NEXT VERSION WITH AIRMOD INCORPORATION COMING OUT!!!???
Sorry, I'm just not good at waiting. Anyway, when the next version comes out, just so I can know ahead of time, how can a I make the alt-fire of a machinegun a 3 round burst? Sorry about off topic, but the Airmod manual wasn't that clear for me.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 04:22 Edited at: 26th Sep 2008 04:23
It'll show up when ply's ready...
-off topic- it appears I have been noob slapped... possibly for that "I support FPSC!" thread of mine? I dont see any other reason

-edit-
never mind, this post came right up, but my last horribly long one didnt work

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 06:06
Please be patient, Crusader.

The next release will come out when I feel it's ready, as meteorite has mentioned.

I would hate to release it now with the graphical anomalies that have been occurring with weapons. No matter how rare they are, I have managed to duplicate them and am getting closer to finding a solution for their demise.

Once the testing is complete on my end, I will release the new alpha to everyone here for testing. Hopefully it will run smoother for everyone else than it has for me!

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 01:59
Aughhh! (powerthirst thrust grunt)
Sounds good to me....

and on the noob slap issue... I didnt relealize the topic had a second page... oops

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 15:41
Hehe, I can wait. Just sitting in
Quote: "the waiting room of awesomeness"

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 16:00
Sorry for the double post , but what gives? I can't use that Humvee script with Cosmic Prophet's tractor vehicle. Also, in this line of code;

What is driveprompt? Let me guess; an image you have to make yourself.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2008 19:49
check state 0, i'm sure your answer can be found there

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 07:53
ok, i just downloaded this, i did everything the readme says, but when i test game, it craches when loading segment bank and says: runtime error 5104 - could not create memblock at line 4438

-insert clever remark here-
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 11:38
Did you delete all of your .bin and .dbo files?

Also, chances are it's your segment, and not the mod....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 14:19
Okay, I'm gonna be updating the next readme with this one.

To answer the question for anyone using ANY Mod.... if you get an error stating that it cannot create a memblock at line 3500-5000 range, it means you are using a version of FPSC that is not supported by the Mod. Revert back to V1.07-1.08 and then try again.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 14:31

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 14:31
UPDATE

Sorry for the extensive wait time, guys. Here's what's been going on:

- Been working with a few modellers to get some test weapons in and working.
- Added a lot of new features and some more scripting commands (OH BOY! lol)
- Have altered the engine a bit to get things running.

Full list of features to be included with the release.

I just got let off from work on Friday.... so I've been down lately and didn't feel like working on the Mod the past couple days. That would be why it hasn't been released yet, since I know it would have been done by now if I had.

Hopefully it will be released in a few days or less.

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 14:37 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 05:55
Sounds good.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
So sorry to hear that Ply. Been laid off a few times myself so I know how bad it can feel, even if you know in advance.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 15:19
Sorry to hear about your job mate, we can wait... (not too long though).....

Engine Alterations? Hmmm, sounds pretty interesting....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 17:05
That sucks Ply, but you'll be back on your feet in no time... sweet, more scripting to learn... MY FAV! (jk) do we get these special test weapons? Probably not, but worth the hope, yes? Can't wait to see, it's sounding sweet.... Just a question, have we fixed the editor crash bug yet?

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 18:05 Edited at: 28th Sep 2008 18:05
Sorry to hear about your job, Ply.

Just like CG said, we can wait (in teh waiting room of awesomeness, of course).

Slim Fly
Years of Service
User Offline
I have version 1.12, and when i try to test my game, i get an error with the alpha =/
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2008 23:39
well then you cleary didnt read ANY of the recent posts, and probly not the readme either... revert to fpsc version 1.07-1.09, and tell me how it works out

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 01:49
1.09's best, you still get the store that way.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 06:39
Yes, please use the correct version of FPSC before installing any kind of Mod.

It's going to be this way until all the Mods are based off of the latest source and there aren't any more up to date official versions. Potentially happening after the migration work.

I have had a few more additions proposed which would increase FPI scripting potential and will be adding them to the coming release:

- PLRACCMULT=X (Player Accuracy multiplier)
- NEWJUMPHEIGHT=X (Hopefully will be the same as the official update command)

So, on top of those I am still increasing the scripting prowess of FPSC with commands partnering up with the other additions that have been made.

@meteorite:

No, the Debug 0,0 error is not fixed, and I'm not sure it ever will be fixed until the Mod is ported to a newer, more stable source. I have never found where the problem occurs, and since the error is so cryptic (Due to the Editor not providing detailed descriptions) I cannot make a guess as to why it is occuring. It appears as though the error comes from the Mod either not providing information the Editor is expecting or that the Mod is providing information that the Editor was NOT expecting. Either way, I have no way of finding out now, that is, without completely redo-ing the Mod step by step and testing to see what it is that I added to cause the bug to appear. Heck, it could even be that I have a bad setup for compiling the engine that causes the error.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 07:09
For those who are interested - stay tuned for an FPSC-RPG script pack for the new version of Ply's Mod coming shortly after release

I'll let you guess how I'll be using the above added commands, among others

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 10:09
Let me guess, PLRACCMULT=%var, PLRDAMAGEMULT=%var...

Tie everything to variables, and increment the variables as experience increases....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 13:28
cg gets it

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 16:37
Quote: "Tie everything to variables, and increment the variables as experience increases...."

Close enough that you get a penguin

I actually plan on having you level up and gaining skill points to spend on any one of four skills. So same concept, but you improve in steps rather than gradually.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 22:04
sounds sick, although I just delayed the release... oops... I found another bug

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 02:29
Not sure how you came across that bug, meteorite. I ran the level you sent me with no problems whatsoever.

Alright, guys. Release is coming soon, I think I've added everything I wanted to add to this.

To be honest, I don't have it in me to test all of it, so if you find something that's not working. Email it to me or post here in the following format:

<Broken Command/Feature>:

Detailed description of how you were using the command or feature and what it caused to happen or not happen.

Example:

PLRACCMULT=X:

I used the following script

And instead of increasing accuracy, it decreased the accuracy.

Something like that will suffice. I just need to know what it is that you were expecting, how you went about trying to get the desired effect, and what actually happened.

If you encounter an error, please ensure it is NOT covered in the ReadMe. Errors that refer to memblocks in lines 3500-5000 are NORMALLY caused by using the wrong FPSC Editor version. PLEASE USE FPSC V1.07 - V1.09 EDITORS ONLY! This means you must have had V1.07 - V1.09 installed BEFORE copying in the Mod.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 03:13
well hopefully u didnt find the bug because u are using your updated version.... Can't wait for the release, dying to test

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:17:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:17:52