Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 14:05
no it doesn't.

Win XP - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 14:25
Quote: "I doubt anyone would be able to make such a great-looking mod for FPSC like you!"

No offence to Ply, but the mod looks just like V1.07 unmodded pretty much, it's the gameplay he's been working on, not graphics as far as I know....

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 14:28
Quote: "no it doesn't."

Okay, good thing that I'm downgrading to 1.09 then . I'll post back with results after.

Quote: "No offence to Ply, but the mod looks just like V1.07 unmodded pretty much, it's the gameplay he's been working on, not graphics as far as I know...."

YEah, I don't care about the graphics (I've got FPSCX10, so no reason to complain), it's just vehicles and dual wielding that I like.

With ADAM, you could no longer domesticate a child than a Boa Constrictor.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 14:40
Trust me, get Model Pack 6, place 2 MP5Ks on the floor, have some enemies set to spawn, and it's the most fun you'll ever have with FPSC......

Especially if you set them to have a pretty good recoil rate with the KICKBACK=X in their GunSpecs, (also, make sure you set them to CanDual=1 in the GunSpec.txt file.....

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 14:56 Edited at: 7th Sep 2008 15:01
I'm out, it just buggered my FPSC up, this is why I don't like mods. It gets to the end of testing and says that it has encountered an error and needs to close, Debug: 0,0.

EDIT: Hold on, gonna restart.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 15:13
Ignore that, it tells you to do so in the manual....Just move the error box out of the way, and let it continue, nothing's actually wrong with it.....

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 15:15
Um, it wont come off...It's the fatal error box, you can't ignore that...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 15:21
What Fatal Error, the Debug Info 0,0 one?

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 15:42 Edited at: 7th Sep 2008 15:43
Yes, but I managed to avoid that so I tried it out. Not bad, but an update to run it on 1.13 would be great.

Sorry about the late response, we had a power cut

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 16:33
Lol! It's up to Lee to release the 1.13 source code for modders to make mods on it.....

I don't know if modders would want all the bothre of uprooting their current systems and putting them into the new source, Lee says he'll release the new source soon, thank god....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 18:07
Ply, sorry to be such a n00b, but do I need to have all the previous versions in order for this to work? Even if I don't, I would still like the read-me's, at least the v 1.06 one.

By the way... YOU'RE A GOD!

Hey
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 18:11
No, you don't...

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 18:15
@coffeegrunt Thanks
And could anybody who has the readme for v 1.06 e-mail it to me? Please?

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 18:21
You only need the V1.07 readme, it has everything from all versions of the mod.....

The V1.07 download is on the front page of this thread.....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 22:24
Oops, forgot to scroll down, call me stupid!

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have just finished copying code into Ply's Mod from AirMod... testing is underway, so you can look forward to another "release" soon."

Nice!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 00:57
Well... looks like last night was a busy night for my thread.

@First Company Veteran:

To ensure your install is correct and no issues will arise from downgrading (Many people get these issues by downgrading), I suggest you re-upgrade to the latest official version, then rename your "FPS Creator" folder to something like "FPS Creator Official". Now... throw in your FPSC installation disk and install FPSC. Don't worry, this won't overwrite the version you already have. This will just recreate the FPS Creator folder, but at V1.0. Now in THIS folder, upgrade to the official V1.07. NOW install Ply's Mod into that folder, you will be ensured not to have caused any harm by downgrading and you now have both the official update and Ply's Mod on your computer to use whenever you want.

@Everyone watching:

Ran the first test last night... AirMod messed up a bunch of stuff from my Mod. I did my best to "merge" the two together, but since Airslide and myself have both put extensive changes into the weapon system, Much of AirMod had to be adjusted as well as some dual-wielding adjustments. Well, to be short about this... it's just messed up right now, so I'll let you all know when I've got it running smoothly.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 01:19
Can't wait to hear more about this, will this release still be alpha, or will it be beta? Either way, it's getting used.

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 01:22
I hope it all works out, I've just started having fun with S4Mod, which I'm using for the MP edition of my game.....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 02:09
Hey, anybody know if setting candual = 1 makes it so you can't use a gun with it even if it is in the right handed weapon slot? Sorry, I know I'm a n00b.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 05:15
@meteorite:

I think this'll be alpha2... after weapon scripting get sinstalled, it'll be beta. Once issues are resolved with the engine as a whole, it'll be full.

@Crusader2:

Both weapons being used must have the "candual=1" property in order for them to be used together. If either of the weapons do not have that property set, then they cannot be used together. If you are currently using a weapon WITHOUT that property, attempting to dual-wield with it will not work, nothing will happen. If you are using a weapon that can be dual-wielded, cycling through weapons will skip OVER any weapons that cannot be dual-wielded.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 08:02
You should really think about getting a website for this now.
One question...
Is this mod going to include water and stuff in the future?

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 08:06
That remains to be seen.

If the Mod grows to the point where most any kind of gameplay aspect can be achieved, then I may consider moving on to the next in line of important game features... which would be water... because it does have certain gameplay aspects.

Here is the list of important things to a game (as I see it):
1) Gameplay
2) Graphics

Water is in the middle because it's a bit of both.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 08:44
Sounds good

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 10:18

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 13:35
bl00m! bl00m! [/noobishness]

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
I think we're getting water in the Migration. Hopefully Lee is working on that now...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 20:43
I hope he fixes the bug where big enemies that are larger than one segment in size don't appear.....

I'd love to have Tornado's helicopter in my game, hunting the player down while they dash across the surface of the island....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 22:10
I know! It ruined my chances of using a nice looking car I got for a vehicle!

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 02:43
One final question... Can you go from dual wielding like 2 pistols to single wielding something like a chaingun? I read the readme and didn't see how to do this, and I was just wondering. Thanks, and sorry again for being such a n00b. I'm using FPS Free for now so I can't really test this.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 04:08
@Crusader2:

You need to unequip one of your weapons before using a non-dualwieldable weapon. I went with that method because it would cause less confusion for the player. Imagine attempting to swap ONE of your weapons and suddenly both of them disappear to bring up a big weapon, then cycling further to get the one you wanted and having to re-equip the other hand because you went past a non-dualwielding weapon.

@Everyone:

THe issues I ran into earlier have been resolved. I'm currently in the phase of testing the rest of AirMod (DUAL WIELD ALTERNATE FIRING!!!!)

*ahem*

Carry on.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 05:36
So, what are your percent ratios now, with airmod addition?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 06:13
I'd say:

FPI Extensions - 65%
DualWield - 15%
AirMod - 20%

Remember that my re-work on FPI to get variables to their current state was a lot of code.

DualWield was a lot of copy, paste, and replace.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 07:30 Edited at: 9th Sep 2008 07:31
And changing integers to floats...
EDIT: Opps just saw your "replace"

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 13:22
Still worth it

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 19:53
Quote: "Plystire, are you even human?"

Sad to spoil the comment, but anyone can do anything... But mainly you should be praising lee, thefore without lee, would we have fpsc? or even ply's mod? lol

No doubt'fully the simon cowell of the fpsc section :S
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 21:54
No, we would have something even better!!!

Platform Creator!

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 21:58
UPDATE:

Animation issues resolved, just acquired a weapon to test with for alternate firing. Found some bugs... mainly because Airslide didn't completely comment his changes to the source

Also:

I have some newer additions planned specially designed for the AirMod merge! You can expect a nice juicy preview video to be made before the next release, and you can expect it to be better than the last video.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 22:12
Bon Appetite! Sorry, simpsons reference, can't wait to see the vid

Years of Service
User Offline
This Mod Owns.

The only thing that worrys me is, that every time I start FPSC on my desktop it goes right to FPSC then I make a small map. When it gets to loading start up wep it says "error debug info 0 0". And if I run the FPSC-Game in my "C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator" directory it runs the map I got a error for.

I was wondering why doesn't it work and why does it do this.

Thank you.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 05:42
@360236:

That error was listed in the "Known Bugs" Section of the ReadMe. I suggest you read through it.

As for why it happens.... well, if I knew that, then I would have fixed it by now, wouldn't I?

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 13:00
also, it's probly been coveredin the thread a few too, but then again I can't say I've read the whole thing over, it's rather large

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 03:55
Sorry to seem demanding, but do you see any future version of the mod incorporating Lemur V2? Just so we can get Team Deathmatch running with one mod? By the way, YOU'RE OFFICIALLY A GOD!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 08:28
Perhaps at another time I will implement some MP features.... but don't expect AirMod weapons or Dual-Wielding to be compatible with it.... because they won't be.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 21:33
Awesome! I used S4Mod for my MP version of Izolis, as the team deathmatch ability would owns it's way to Narnia. Airmod makes the FPSC weapons feel much more fluid and realistic......

I think I'd only have Alt Fire on non dual wieldable weapons personally, as I can't see anyone other than the Hulk being able to simulateously use two rifle-mounted grenade launchers, lol......

I can't wait for the Airmod addition though, guns just don't feel as good with out.....

Looking forward to that preview vid mate, I wanna see you drive by-ing some AI characters in a Humvee with a Rifle-Mounted launcher lol......

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 23:08
Yeah, I see the problem with dual wielding multiplayer. Because you's have to re-animate all the characters to have dual wielding positions, that could get hairy. But is there something else I'm missing, just out of curiosity? Also, alt-fire would be a great addition, but NO PRESSURE Take it where you want to go.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 03:54
Ah the glories of scriptable weapons, if proper commands are added alt fire would be simple

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 04:10
I'm not sure whether or not any of the AirMod features will work in multiplayer. My suspicion is that alternate fire will work, however for obvious reasons any weapons with alternate fire flak (such as rifle grenade launchers) won't. You could do a thing with a bee-hive round (I think that's what it's called) which is basically a giant shotgun shell put in the rifle grenade launcher.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 06:36
Hey just wondering has anyone talked to lee about inter grading this mod with fpsc?

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 03:32
I had given Lee the code for my variable system long ago, before he released the official variable system..... so, since he opted not to use it, I can only surmise his feelings about the rest of the mod.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:25:50