Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 03:39
That's a shame, keep working at this and it'll become an entirely new class of FPSC...screw the updates, this has the potential to be much more flexible, and with weapon scripting and perhaps the gradual replacement of existing features with more flexible ones, you can create something superior to the updates in flexibility

Imagine replacing the entire player system with a scripting system, it means you can create third person games who's control system our at the core and don't require a separate character to be manipulated.

Of course, that sort of thing would take ages, and I doubt Ply alone would be willing to devote that much of his life to FPSC

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 06:32
I agree, I don't really care of official updates any more, until version 2, if version 2 source is ever released this will be ultimate, and you could add some cool ragdoll commands Like force and stuff...

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 06:39
@Airslide:

I agree as well. Flexibility is what's direly needed for this type of software. Even if you have the greatest features seen in commercial games... it wouldn't matter much if no body could manipulate them beyond their most basic attributes.

@Rampage:

Yes, that would be wicked. Have a jedi game where your weapon is the force. Left-click to push target away from you and knock into walls and other things. Right-click to pull target towards you to assist in picking up items or just pulling an enemy to you for an easier massacre. lol

I indeed like that idea.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 06:42
SEMI-UPDATE

Well, my little loyal minions of Ply's Mod... the time is almost upon us!!! The awesomeness of Ply's Mod combined with the awesomeness of AirMod can no doubt be considered one of the greatest FPSC experiences, and it is soon to come. I can say without a doubt that simply merging them together has openned up great possibilities, but I haz a surprize for you all!!! And it is.... almost done!!!

Now, if you would kindly take a number and sit in the waiting room of awesomeness, your turn to witness the awesomeness will soon be at hand.

... Awesomeness...

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 07:29
Come now my children! The time of uberness is upon us!

Even I don't know what the extra goody is lol

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 08:33
OMG! Sweet, Im gonna stay on all night just for this...(waiting for you to release) it is today isn't it? Wow!!! Excited!!!
And yeah the force idea combined with ragdolls would be simply wicked cool. Press a button and watch enemies fly and smack into walls! Cool...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 11:32
I can't wait! I'm British! British people hate waiting!

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 11:54
I'm British too even though I don't live there any more! But I still have my European passport and am coming back next year! (for a while ) Shaking!!! But Ply is asleep I think because his msn is set to 'idle' like ALWAYS!

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 12:06
Lol!

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 13:09
Quote: "@First Company Veteran:

To ensure your install is correct and no issues will arise from downgrading (Many people get these issues by downgrading), I suggest you re-upgrade to the latest official version, then rename your "FPS Creator" folder to something like "FPS Creator Official". Now... throw in your FPSC installation disk and install FPSC. Don't worry, this won't overwrite the version you already have. This will just recreate the FPS Creator folder, but at V1.0. Now in THIS folder, upgrade to the official V1.07. NOW install Ply's Mod into that folder, you will be ensured not to have caused any harm by downgrading and you now have both the official update and Ply's Mod on your computer to use whenever you want.

"

THAT'S where my problem is. I lost the disc to it

With ADAM, you could no longer domesticate a child than a Boa Constrictor.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 20:27
where does ply live anyway? I'm Guessing the USA? well if he does its like 10:00am over here so maybe he is at work, Show me the Awesomeness ply......please Dude i cant wait

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 22:40
Well, it is not today...

I had hoped it would be today, but sadly, even I must wait on this one. A good buddy is making me something to use for teh awesomeness video (AND for testing). I think he's having a lil too much fun getting it ready, to be honest. But, he has real life to deal with today and tomorrow... and he hopes to have it done for me to use by Monday (I think). I'd say who it is but it'd spoil some of the surprise if I did.

Looks like I'll be sitting in the waiting room of awesomeness with everyone else, lol.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 22:48
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Damn, so Monday it is ehhhh?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 03:15
@Punk13 That info can't be realeased :p

I can't wait till monday T_T

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 09:45
Hmm, I think your Monday is Tuesday for me over here. I HAVE EXAMS THIS WEEK! So I don't think I will be able to test it out until Saturday...

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 16:54
Oh I'll test (it better be 1.09 compaqtible ply :p)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 22:19
Thank you for the inputs everyone. Unfortunately, real life issues come first and foremost for everyone, with no exception. I, of all people, understand the need to deal with real life before doing the fun stuff.

I received your email, Bloodhound, and I have responded.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 02:55
Hey whenever your ready ply, but while we're on the email subject, did you get the email i sent you with the edited 1st person script a while ago?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 03:16
I believe I did.

Sorry, but there will be no testing available until I have had the chance to test it myself.

What I have tested:
- AirMod weapon additions
- Dual-Wielding with AirMod weapon additions (Minus zoom)
- Alternate firing in dual-wield.
- Blocking

What I have not tested:
- AirMod scripting additions (though I have no doubt in my mind they will work fine)
- Whether or not anything in Ply's Mod was broken during the merge. I doubt any of the script commands broke, but if they did... someone will find it eventually, lol. (I don't have the time or the drive to test all of my commands a third time )

- And, teh awesomeness additions... They most likely don't work and will require a small bit of tweaking to get right. However, I cannot test this yet for reasons already mentioned.

After I have tested everything, I will release it for testing by anyone willing to download it. This is not a full release, after all... it is still a mere alpha version.

The one and only,

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 09:03
Quote: "I will release it for testing by anyone willing to download it."

I don't think you will get any 'no' answers there Ply.

Win XP - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
Slim Fly
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice Job plystire, great to see an alpha
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 05:41
Thanks

I just got my file for testing and I've been playing around with it some to get it going just right before making the video.

I'll link to it from here when it's ready.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Ply:
Sounds good. I'm excited about the video.

I also added you on MSN. I wanna talk to you about the database stuff from a while ago.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 08:36
I won't be on MSN as often anymore, sorry. But if you can catch me online I may have a few to minutes to chat.

The video is being uploaded to YouTube as we speak. (For those of you with bad bandwidth)

For those of you who don't mind a download, I'll attach the video to my next post.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 08:44
And.... here it is!

Video attached to this post! I'll provide a link to it on the first post soon.

Do enjoy the awesomeness.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 08:50 Edited at: 16th Sep 2008 08:55
Wicked! Will watch now!
EDIT:
Looks good! Can't wait for release...

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 08:58
post a link No spoilers please. i want to see this for my self.

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 09:07
Link to YouTube video has been added to first page.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 09:21
Keen for a download

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 16:42
Now we just need a lightsaber

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome vid this mo looking better and better all the time.

A lightsaber would be awesome.

Best s4real

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 21:27
THat video is pretty dang awesome lol.....

Especialy deflecting bullets with a knife.... XD

How did you manage to have that many enemies there with so little lag mate? I'm pretty intrigued as you had about 20 guys there, 10 would normally bring the FPS to 0.....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 23:00
@coffeegrunt I think Airmod has a 2 timer system to speeed up the gameplay, or maybe that's just s4mod. Anyway, WE NEED A LIGHTSABER! I AM GOING TO FREEZE MYSELF UNTIL SUCH TIME AS WE GET ONE! THEN I WILL THAW MYSELF OUT AND DOWNLOAD IT AND RULE THE WORLD!...
Sorry about that. Anyway, I can't wait until this release. This is going to be amazing!

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 23:06 Edited at: 16th Sep 2008 23:15
*drools* I like the deflecting of bullets, tell me, will scripted weapons be in this release?

-edit-
@ rampage and all others

I dont think Lee will be releasing the v2 source. This is a quote from "FPSC Classic and Beyond"

Quote: "LEE : To keep FPSC V1 game engine open source, DarkAI will not be added - see X10 migration below"

If he were to add darkai, and other such things, I dont think v2 will be open source

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 23:17
@coffeegrunt:

Ummmm, I dunno why I could have 20 guys in there in with so little lag.

It definitally lagged up when they all saw me, and that's to be expected. I haven't had the chance to implement the script system optimizations I was planning on. Once I do, I hope to see some definite improvements in terms of lag caused by AI.

@meteorite:

No, the weapon scripting system will take lots of time to do. And I'd like to give everyone something new to play with while that's being worked on.

@Everyone:

Thanks for the nice comments. A lightsabre is not something i would be able to achieve, so you'd have to ask one of the modellers to do that for you, lol.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 23:55 Edited at: 17th Sep 2008 01:43
FredP made a lightsaber that is on fpsfree.com (your welcome xplosys :p) if someone felt like reanimating it, sprucing it up a bit, maybe adding mp6 hands, I'm sure many people would be happy (if Fred lets you release it)

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 01:28
@meteorite I think the fpsfiles.com is a dead link. When I went to it, it just gave me one of those generic search sites.

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 01:43
oops, meant fpsfree.com, probly got confused with fps-files

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 03:52
That'd be nice if someone were willing to re-animate it.

Once the release comes out, there will be instructions on how to set up the gunspec file for it.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 13:31
what is left to test?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 21:19
@meteorite:

Not so much testing now, more like tweaks that need to be made so things will be easier in the Mod.

Also, blocking bullets will NOT look like how it is in the vid unless your weapon is set up correctly for it (including extra animations and limbs) in the gunspec.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 04:08
sounds fun

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 20:47
Did you say AI OPTIMISATIONS THAT COULD DECREASE LAG!!??

Holy freaking *****!! That would be more awesome than Chuck Norris and Mr T combined!!!

I'm with Crusader, I've got a cryotu booked at my local cryobay, unfreeze me when this gets released.....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 20:55
Hey, if somebody can create and send me a model for a lightsaber and a sword texture, I can make the most baller lighsaber ever thanks to adobe aftereffects and my friend's sound effects! Does anybody know how to make the blade change between textures so that it doesn't look like the same exact thing all the time and the lights in it change every like 1/100th of a second? Also, I need a way to loop a sound effect so it plays a buz when the saber is active.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 21:18
Lightsabres aside (sorta).. I plan on making a new video soon... thanks to another great contributor.

Tweaks and tests still commencing, so everyday the Mod becomes a bit more stable for use.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
But After Effects is for video editing, not creation of textures, etc. Maybe a glow shader would do the trick though.

And the lights can't change 100 times per second because unless you turn the cap off, the framerate is capped ad 34...

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 23:23
@xyzz1233 You can do stills too

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 23:33
cant wait to see the new vid ply

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 20:01
Me neither.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:25:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:25:17