Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 05:08
Here ya go, guys!!!

NO MORE WAITING!!! HUZZAH!

ALPHA version 2 is attached to this post. I will provide a link to it on the first post soon as well.

Please remember that I have not had time to fully test everything. If you encounter a bug or an error please follow my previous post on how to handle that. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I have converted the ReadMe into a Word Document with shortcut links in the Table of Contents for easier navigating. I chose to do that since.... until I copied it into Word, I had no idea that it was 28 pages

Please enjoy!

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 05:29
This latest release also gives you access to all AirMod features. These features are listed and described in the AirMod 0.6 manual:

View AirMod Manual (0.6)

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 13:46
Oh. My. God.

FOV change is probably the most attractive thing ever

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 18:07
Sweet. I'll have a go and see what awesomeness I can concoct!

Win XP - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 22:10
Sweet! I can't wait to have a go with this thing....

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice to see this updated will def have a play with it.

Best s4real

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 23:26
I'm getting the debug info error as soon as I hit okay to test the game.

Can you send me your copy of fpsc-050.ini and fpsc-050.txt from the languagebank\english\textfiles folder, ply? It was the issue when we got V1 of the source code, I imagine it may be the issue here.

Hydra
Years of Service
User Offline
I get the error : Runtime Error 5104 - Could not create memblock at line 4438. when i try to open a test game or other type of game can anyone tell me how to fix this.

Those who live by the sword shall perish by my sword
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 01:40
Hope everyone has fun with it

@Airslide & Hydra:

Please read the "Known Bugs" section of the ReadMe document.

It covers the "Debug 0,0" error as well as "Memblock errors at lines 3500-5000". These two are specifically the errors you are encountering.

The debug info error is to be expected and I wish I could do something about it, but I can't. It may need to be put up with until the next source gets released, wherein Lee will hopefully give us modders are clearer understanding of how to set up DBP for compiling FPSC and perhaps will provide us with the correct DLL's the first time around.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 01:57
And here's a little present for anyone using the Mod who wants to play with the new blocking feature but doesn't have a model to use.

This is the lightsabre that I made for testing purposes... It's fully animated and even includes a special "Custom Animation" (Which you can read about in the ReadMe).

Download the lightsabre, get it into your level, and then apply the following script to a dynamic light (Or box, whichever you prefer) which is set as "Always Active". Now, whenever you press "T" during the game, your lightsabre will do a taunting animation.

Also, to show off some of the AirMod effects with some Ply's Mod style (paired with the lightsabre to make it even cooler) use THIS script in the same way as the above script.

Now, that script will add a numeric HUD to the screen to keep track of your "Force", and whenever you run it will consume some of that force to make you run REALLY fast.

Enjoy!!!

The one and only,

Attachments

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 02:50
Quote: "Can you send me your copy of fpsc-050.ini and fpsc-050.txt from the languagebank\english\textfiles folder, ply? It was the issue when we got V1 of the source code, I imagine it may be the issue here."

I don't have this issue with AirMod, so something's going on. Again, if you could send me the above two files, it may or may not help. Having the wrong versions of these files will often result in that error.

Hydra
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks ply ill check that out asap im trying to make a most intense game play possible for 1 person to make im making a game for my brother.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 04:13
Well, considering the fact that I get the error every time I test the game.... I'm willing to bet that my files aren't going to help you.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 04:22 Edited at: 1st Oct 2008 04:24
Sweet! I'm gonna have a go with this right when I get home tomorrow! (got some stuff to finish up now)

Quote: "as soon as I hit okay to test the game"

Hm. I get it after it calculates the 32nd object's shadow on quick lightmapping, or the 7th (not if that's right) when doing full lightmapping. That was on the old version, however. It might have changed with the new one.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 04:24
The error is not dependant on what the loading process is doing, which is why I cannot pinpoint the cause. The error seems to be more inclined to take a specific amount of time before showing up.... so like, i fyour loading goes very fast, the error will show up AFTER you've already started testing... whereas if your loading takes a long time, it'll show up during the loading sequence.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 04:32 Edited at: 1st Oct 2008 04:33
Hm. It's always right at the same time for me, even with more/less entities/lights. I'll have to test that out some time.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 04:34
One way to test it out is to make the fastest loading level you can.

Test that level and if it loads fast enough, you can click OK to test the game before the error shows up and while testing you'll hear the *bing* in the background of the error popping up.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 05:11
Very strange. I don't get this with AirMod, so it's either A) Something you did or B) Your copy of DBP (more likely). If you'd like I'll try re-compiling it for you, and I promise not to steal anything

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 05:21
Hmmm, Airslide, what are suggested values for camfov=x? I tried 90, but that was slightly buggy... 360 degrees is just trippy... You will be walking and the camera will zoom in, zoom out, the level will appear flipped upside down

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 05:26
I may take you up on that offer, Airslide... Perhaps you have a better DBP setup than I do for compiling FPSC.

@meteorite:

The camfov command ADDS to the current camera FOV. It starts at 75. So if you give it 90, the new camfov will become 165

For the force sprint (a nice little tunnel vision) I used 30 in the command. Give it negative numbers to zoom in and positive numbers to zoom out (or increase higher to get tunnel vision, lol)

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 05:32
I believe a total of 120 is equal to human.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 05:36 Edited at: 1st Oct 2008 05:36
I believe it's a large amount, like 180. It's just the way our peripheral vision blurs the stuff at the edges of our eyes out in a weird way. It's one of those things that are hard to explain. I guess it's like DoF effects. (which is obviously what they are trying to emulate with those)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 06:58
The entire reason I originally implemented the camera fov command was to create a special type of monster for a horror game

Yes, it adds to the FOV. This was done because the effect isn't designed to be permanent, while it would be easy to make it so by adding "::camfov=YOURVALUE" in the setuplevel.fpi, it normally slowly returns to normal. This makes it provide a smoother transition for things like the force run that Plystire described.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 13:22
in the next update, you should make it so there is a permanant version... I currently dont see a way to keep it permanant if it adds, which depresses me (T_T see?)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 02:17 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2008 02:21
Sorry to hear that meteorite, what were you trying to do?

You know, since this isn't JUST AirMod... you could use a little bit of Ply's Mod pizzazz to make it work.

Check it out:

Stick that on a dynamic light or whatever, and now all you gotta do to change the FOV is change the "PlrFOV" variable.

Power to the scripter!!!

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 02:29
Tell me, Ply, how did you have such a good framerate on that video? The one with EAI's XM8 in it?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 02:36 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2008 02:38
Let me explain the camfov command more:

camfov will TRANSITION the FOV to this point, plus 75. If you stop calling the command, it transitions back to just 75. If you want the transition to happen faster you can use camfov=0.

camfovinc will transition the FOV to this point, plus 75, plus whatever's been added. calling this continuously (like camfovinc=1), for example, will give you a larger and larger fov.

From the AirMod manual:

camfov = X – Moves camera FOV to default FOV plus X
Note: The FOV will slowly restore itself if this command is not called again.
camfovinc = X – Increases the camera FOV by X
Note: The FOV will slowly restore itself if this command is not called again.

EDIT: So if you want the FOV to be 90 while you hold an item for example, then

Make sure it's dynamic and set to always on. And obviously edit the script

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 02:44
@The Toasty:

I don't know

My computer is certainly not in the top-of-the-line computers anymore so it's not that. (GeForce 7900 GTX 256MB, 2GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+)

@Airslide:

I think the script I wrote will work just fine for whatever it is meteorite needs to do.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 02:46
Ah, I didn't really go over that, I see now. Basically allows you to set the FOV without needing to subtract 75 and since it sets it constantly you don't need to worry about it moving back when the AI isn't active...you're staring to make me look bad

Hydra
Years of Service
User Offline
can you try to make a version for 1.13 so i can try this out for a little vehicle test. i would love to see if you can make a helicopter script for ply's mod.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 02:51
Quote: "I don't know

My computer is certainly not in the top-of-the-line computers anymore so it's not that. (GeForce 7900 GTX 256MB, 2GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+)"

I was jut wondering if you had implemented anything to help performance,say, timerbased, because at the moment my choice mod is S4mod, because of Airmod implementation and excellent performance. If this mod were to have excellent performance also, I would consider using this as my choice mod.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 03:01
Oh geez ply, you just violated your own rule... you gave me free answers when I made no attempt... bad doggy!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 14:57 Edited at: 31st Dec 2008 02:15
@Hydra:

Well, it's not like all of the modders CHOOSE to use out-dated versions of FPSC to modify.

When Lee releases the new source, I'm sure all of the modders will switch over to that.

@Toasty:

I'll see what I can do.

@meteorite:

That was just a demonstration.

Just showing you that it can be done and that a new command isn't absolutely necessary. I'll leave it up to you on how to use the variable in the rest of your level.

Btw, did you ever finish that camera console script? Or is it still refusing to work?

The one and only,

Attachments

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 22:04
still refuses... i might test with update though

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 03:23
Quote: "I'll see what I can do."

Thanks!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 07:12
@meteorite:

Check your mail, I figured out what was happening to your script.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 22:00
im testing it as we speak

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 20:14
OH MY GOD! I GO TO NORTH CAROLINA FOR A WEEK AND PLY LOSES HIS JOB, RELEASES A NEW VERSION, AND MAKES AN AMAZING LIGHTSABER! Sorry to hear about the job Ply, but what else can you do!? CAN YOU BUILD A TIME MACHINE!?!?!? BLOW UP THE WORLD!?!?!? OH MY GOD!!!

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 20:43
Quote: "CAN YOU BUILD A TIME MACHINE!?!?!? BLOW UP THE WORLD!?!?!? OH MY GOD!!!"

Well, if Ply is working on that Large Hadron Collider, then perhaps, just perhaps.....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 02:23
How in the name of gosh did that get past caps lock block?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 02:27
Quote: "Sorry to hear about the job Ply, but what else can you do!?"

He wrote that.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 03:33
BETA coming soon!

Errant AI pointed out some glitches and bugs in the Alpha 2 release, so I have fixed those and am adding some more content.

If you have any additions you'd like to see, list them here. Please keep them within reason. Any scripting commands that you'd like to see MUST have more than a single purpose. If they have only a single purpose and cannot be narrowed down into more than one command (such as "plrdmgmult") then they should at least provide a solution to more than a single problem. ("plrdmgmult" has a single purpose but can be applied in multiple ways)

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 06:45
So how do we actually get altha 2 to work if we can't run it?

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 06:53
You can't run it?

What's going wrong?

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 07:01
Oh that debug thingy, how do we work around that?

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 07:04
Please open the "PlysMod_ReadMe" file and look in the "Known Bugs" section. Thank You!!!

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 12:07
Hmmm... I haev a request, but it's a bit too big, so I'm not expecting you to add it in, so it's more of a suggestion.....

Would it be possible to create an ALTEXTURE system similar to the HUD system? So it would work like this:

It would parrarell the system used for HUDs, so the commands would be:

LOADTEX=FILEPATH
Loads the specified texture

LOADTEXFINE=FILEPATH
Loads the specified texture in high quality

TEXNAME=X
Sets the freshly loaded texture's name to the one specified,

TEXTURE=X
Sets the entities texture to the one specified by name.

I guesss this would be pretty hard to add in, so I'm only really suggesting this as a possible future addition, it would allow the system to be more versatile, my example shows a simple system where if an entity is damaged it will swap through textures to look damaged.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 13:55
Sounds interesting.... I may give it a shot. I can see that being used in a variety of ways, so it would be a great addition!

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 13:58 Edited at: 5th Oct 2008 14:29
!!! NEW VIDEO !!!

New video on YouTube for Ply's Mod V1.07 BETA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB057AexCyU

This video shows off the latest additions I've made all in one fell swoop. Some of the additions may not be immediately noticeable, though.

Enjoy!

The one and only,

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 14:26
sorry if this is being repeated but in the fps game i enter the humvee with the drive script and it floats away

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 05:19:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 05:19:04