Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 14:31
Yup, it's being repeated.

Vehicles in specific are not supported by this Mod, nor will they be for a while. If you have a more specific question relating to the ACTUAL features of Ply's Mod, I'll be willing to help.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 15:04
but how come u could drive it in your video the humvee
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 15:10
Sweet, loved the vid... can't wait... is that with scriptable weapons?

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 16:29
Holee schmokes!

That was pure ownage, how does that decal override work anywho?

Aweseome, that was like dual-wielding nukes!

GP PrOdUcTiOnS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 16:35
I downloaded it and did everything it said but My FPSC wont run it. Is there any way you could supply just the dual wielding script for use that only wont that. I wont to be able to use S4 mod and Plys dual script.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 17:17
It's not a script, it's hard coded into the engine. I'm pretty sure Ply doesn't want to give away one of the most awesome parts of his mod, would you?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 19:25
Quote: "Please open the "PlysMod_ReadMe" file and look in the "Known Bugs" section. Thank You!!!"

You may want to check your manual again

So do I see upgradeable weapons ?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 02:15
@Gun_Guy:

Because when I made the video, the engine was different which allowed it to work as advertised.

Point of the matter is... the size of an FPSC map is way too limited at this point in time for vehicles to be a necessity. Don't worry about it and move on.

@Gp Pro:

Please provide better feedback than "it doesn't work". I need to know what you were doing, what happened, etc. in order to fully help you out.

@Airslide:

Aw, man, you're right! It's not in there! DOH!!!

I'll add it now then. Thanks for pointing that out.

@Everyone:

Thanks for the great comments! I'm sure you'll have more fun playing with it than just watching it, so I'll try to get the BETA out soon enough for everyone to use.

Also, since this actually ISN'T in the ReadMe and I had thought it was...

If you encounter a "Debug 0,0" error while the Test game is loading, simply move the error aside and DO NOT click "OK" until you're done testing, the loading and playing of the test game will execute as it should while the error is still up.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 02:15
I dont even know what exactly I see beside epic win

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 02:18
In order to understand the features being shown in the video.... try to think of how I made it do that.

Some things to think about:
- Why the decals appear as fire and blue smoke on the wall when those decals are specified by the material of the wall.
- Why the Fire Spell was different from picking up an item without me changing weapons.

The one and only,

Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 05:08
Ok do you need to have v1.07 to use this or can you have 1.13?

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 05:27
Quote: "Ok do you need to have v1.07 to use this or can you have 1.13?"

1.07, 1.08, 1.09, above versions not accepted

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 11:39
Nice one ply! alwasy a pleasure to see your work in action!

This may have been asked, however have you thought about adding a working flashlight? (i know there are work arounds) I think it would be a cool feature to add!

HMMMMMMM
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 14:46
when scriptable weapons comes out, it will be possible I believe, I think I've figured out how, but we'll see if what I'm hoping for makes it in

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 22:02
@Dr Parsnips

If he finds a way to implement my raycast check system, then it should be pretty easy......(the one I thought up in the script challenges board).....

@Ply

Is it me, or is there an accuracy change and a fire iterations change in there as well as a decal change?

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 22:42 Edited at: 6th Oct 2008 22:43
ok thanks for reply ply
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 23:47
actually coffee, thats exactly what I was hoping he would put in... so sweet

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 03:34
Thanks again Ply

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 03:36
@Dr Parsnips:

Thanks!

Hopefully at some point in time a flashlight will be a probable addition.

@coffeegrunt:

The system used was even simpler than that. I'll post up a sneak peak at the new commands soon.

@meteorite:

Scriptable weapons may not be implemented as soon as I had hoped.

If they do get into the system soon, they will most likely not offer as much versatility or power as I had wanted.

Quite simply, to get them down to level of control I had been wanting, I would need to uproot all weapon systems currently in place. The easy way around this would be to simply skip over certain engine driven functions if a script is supplied, though... doing it that way won't provide the level of power as allowing the developer to entirely over-ride the gun system but still have access to all of the normal functions.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 03:46
UPDATE

I have some good news and some bad news.

GOOD NEWS

Some more functions have made it into the system.
Here is a short list of the recent additions/changes I've made:

- WEAPININV, GIVEWEAP, and REPLACEWEAP scripting commands
- Decal over-ride gunspec options for both non-character entities and character entities (So each can have a different decal)
- Fixed the flak decal system, so the "exponfloor" and "expinair" decals will play for exploding flak as they should have to begin with. (Apparently, Lee never even implemented it in the first place, though provided the gunspec options for it )

BAD NEWS

I tried making my own flak weapon and made it's own flak projectile. I also made an entity for this weapon to act as the weapon pickup.

When I give the weapon to the player through the start marker.... everything works fine!

However, if I so much as remotely try to even LOAD the pickup entity into the Editor......... the Editor crashes!!!!

This is worrisome because at this point... my Mod isn't even running!

If anyone has ever encountered this before and found the issue, please let me know! I spent way too much time last night fighting with this!

The one and only,

Slim Fly
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey plystire, I migrated back to version 1.09, and I modified my g3 by adding simplezoommode = 0 to the gunspecs, but when i tried to test the game, I got an error.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 05:34
@Slim Fly:

I need you to elaborate on what error you are seeing.

Tell me:
- What was happening when the error appeared
- What the error says

Get me that information and we can go from there.

The one and only,

Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 05:35
All i can say is, this mod is flippin awesome.

dude if you really want a turkey sandwich, then make one, and make ham.sdaF?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 06:05
OOPS!!!

I forgot to mention in my "GOOD NEWS" section...

NO MORE DEBUG 0,0 ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W0000000000T!!!!!1111!!!!1111!11111111!

And I still don't know what the problem was that caused it.

I want to thank S4Real for giving me a BLANK DBP Project to copy my Mod into and make it work. Lol. I guess it was a template he used for his Mod. But anyway, it got rid of the error! Hurray!

The one and only,

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 06:09
Gasp. Great job, Ply! This is excellent news. I'm definitely using Ply's Mod from now on.

Gunn3r Games
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 06:11
Of course, that will take effect on the BETA and up.

I'm busting my ***** off trying to get the BETA working... but yeah, that editor crashing deal has be boggled. I restored my source back to a much earlier date and then tried the entity with that version and the Editor still crashed..

This leads me to believe that my Mod isn't to fault here at all. (You know, if the whole "FPSC-Game.exe not running" didn't give it away, lol. )

I really wish it would work, though.

The one and only,

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 07:33
Hm... Then, because it sounds like something that you have no control over, as you didn't change it, you should mention it to Lee or something. It's certainly got me stumped.

Gunn3r Games
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 07:36
See, I would mention it to Lee, but it seems like he already fixed it because the entity loads fine in the latest editor.

It's just the older editors that had a problem with this particular entity.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 17:25
Quote: "Fixed the flak decal system, so the "exponfloor" and "expinair" decals will play for exploding flak as they should have to begin with. (Apparently, Lee never even implemented it in the first place, though provided the gunspec options for it"

That was how it was done in the EA version before they added the 3D explosions. Is it possible to opt for the 3D explosions still?

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 23:44 Edited at: 7th Oct 2008 23:51
WOW! Just... wow. What else is there to say?
EDIT: Just a quesiton for Airslide; Are raycasting and flak the only 2 alt-fire types we can use? I was just thinking about some different alt-fire types, like the Sentinel in James Bond Agent Under Fire(the Sentinel has guided and unguided missiles). Just curious.
@Plystire YAY! No more 0,0 error! Ugh my computer stinks, so whenever the editor would crash because of that, my screen would go totally black and I'd have to do a ctrl-alt-delete just to get a copy of FPSC Map-Editor to close

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 23:47
Hmmmmm....

Right now, the "3D" explosion is still in there and will still appear for all flak... like it always does. I was very disappointed in Lee to see that not only does he NOT give you an option to use the old decals, but he hard-coded what images the flak uses for the explosion.

I think for the next release, i can provide a few more options for flak. But really, all I was trying to achieve there was to get SOME sort of user defined decal to show up.

And, Airslide..... you gotta reply to my emails, man.. or at least get on MSN.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 23:52
UPDATE

I found out the cause of my Editor crashing for my entity.

And I'm pleased to say that it wasn't the Mod. It's just that for some reason if you make a new folder in the flak directory that has ANY capital letter and point to it for one of your guns.... the Editor will crash.

I suspect that somewhere in the Editor's code, it checks the flak directories similar to:
if lower$(gunspec flak option) = flak directory name

Yeah.... something like that, lol. But like I said... it seems to me that Lee has already fixed the issue in one of the newer Editors, so no worries.

Just a little bit longer, guys, and Ply's Mod will be in BETA.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 00:32
O baby, It will be fun messing with decal override... good to hear about th Debug error, or lack there of...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 00:46 Edited at: 8th Oct 2008 04:34
!!! RELEASE TIME !!!

Alright, everyone, it's time for BETA release!

First off, I'm going to list the things that didn't make it into the BETA... and most likely won't make it into the full V1.07 release. (This will break a few hearts, but not too many, I hope)

- Weapon Scripting
- Character Entity Collision Solution (Which would have made vehicles more likely to be used in a game, though they can still be scripted)

And that's it... they are huge pieces that I was looking forward to, and I'm quite ashamed of myself for not being able to provide them as of yet.

However, thanks to many contributors, Ply's Mod V1.07 has reached a new point of stability and opened many new doors of possibilities!!! Here are the people who have helped me in some way or another to get things in order:

- Errant AI for his endless testing, and for providing me with awesome test harnesses
- i want to game for also providing me with a couple test harness weapons. Sorry I never got around to making that video, though.
- Rampage, for being online ALL THE TIME and trying to help me solve some issues.... and for helping me make my last video.
- Flatlander, for being a great supporter of the Mod. (Even if he IS still stuck on using V1.06 )
- coffee grunt and meteorite, for being great scripters and testing out some of the new script additions to the Mod. (Not even close to using ALL of them, but I'm sure they will some day )
- Everyone else here for giving me encouraging words and some nice feedback! I never quite get over the awesome comments people make about the videos!

With that said, and without any more stalling for upload time
attached is Ply's Mod V1.07 BETA

If you find anything wrong... any crashes, any bugs, any errors... please give me plenty of details about what happened and if at all possible, some sort of method to duplicate the issue.

And above all.... ENJOY!!!

[EDIT]

Attachment removed... see first post for the real download link.

[/EDIT]

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 00:54
YES! AWESOME! Ply, you're a god. This is amazing. I will admit, scriptable weapons would have been nice, but I'm a horrible scripter, so I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm gonna look at your guides Ply, and I'm GONNA learn. Just you watch

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 00:55
I hope so, Crusader, because 90% of the Mod's true potential lies in the ability to script.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 01:16
Hehe, I just don't have the patiance and sometimes the time. I have a game in development, and a buncha other stuff. I'm just doin a beta of the game for now, but I'm really gonna get at it once I get a good 3d modeling program, learn how to use it, learn to script, and find an easy way to make good textures. Wow... that's a lot of work... UH OH!
Anyway, back on topic. All who agree that Ply is the equilivant to an FPSC God, please post a at the end of your post.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 02:16
Quote: "- Rampage, for being online ALL THE TIME and trying to help me solve some issues.... and for helping me make my last video. "

No problem buddy
I was surprised when we got to have an early night last night Well early for us... But its great its in beta now!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 02:25
Oh, I did send that e-mail to Lee ply, but it was at around 12 o'clock at night so that probably explains my lack of a reply to you

Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 02:34
Rampage - Check your E-mail bro

PLY- Amazing Work there bro. Really, Great job. You've outdone yourself.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 02:38
Frankie - Haven't received one :/ Try resending it

Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 02:42
just re-sent it

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 03:38
Quote: "First off, I'm going to list the things that didn't make it into the BETA... and most likely won't make it into the full V1.07 release. (This will break a few hearts, but not too many, I hope)

- Weapon Scripting"

O\_/O
T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T
Oh well, I'll get over it. Downloading now Ply, can't wait to try, is the readme updated? I'll find out in a few.

Actually, I'm using Ply's mod to create a level for the horror compo, the events are to be very scripted... Although one part still puzzles me... also, do physics affect the player when using "startmenu"?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 04:03
The ReadMe is updated with the new gunspec options as well as the new scripting commands (1 condition and 2 actions)

The only things I didn't put intot eh ReadMe were an update tot he Version history... which I should have, but I didn't feel like re formatting the rest of the document because of expanding that one section with all the stuff I did to the engine, which no body really needs to know about in order to use the Mod.

@Airslide:

There are other things I wanted to talk with you about... so getting on MSN would still be a benefit to me.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great, Ply!

I don't know when the debugging commands came in to play, (Was it 1.07 Beta 1 or 1.07 Alpha 2?) but they'll surely help with a lot!

But best of all is that the Debug 0,0 error is gone.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 04:10
The debug scripting commands came into play long before Alpha 1 came out.

I think I added them around the time I made that Humvee video... to help me debug my Humvee, lol

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 04:14 Edited at: 8th Oct 2008 04:15
I never noticed those in the readme.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 04:16
Well, they are at the very bottom of that really long list.

I didn't expect anybody to really see them there.... especially in the .txt version I had before.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 04:33
Hahaha.... Whoops!!!

Okay, guys, in my excitement for Beta, I forgot to remove some debugging information in the top-left corner of the screen during gameplay, so.... here's the Beta WITHOUT that stuff on screen.

Also, I forgot to mention that I fixed decals a little bit. If any of you ever tried to make a decal, you would have found that your decal picture had to be square... well, that's fixed now. You can now have decals that have a different "down" value than "across". This also means that the little "make your 'down' setting bigger to make the decal play longer" won't work. It'll just chop up your decal differently.

The one and only,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome!

If I was a germ I would be a flesh eating virus.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:26:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:26:27