Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 22:00
ermmmm... I still havent tested lol, just dled

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 02:23
Hehe noticed that stuff in the corner. Ply, just a question, my friend who I'm working on a game with would like to know if and when you plan to implement any graphical ffeatures. I know you put Gameplay before Graphics, and I agree, but he'd still like to know. Thanks!

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 05:11
not for a LONG TIME

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 07:10
@Crusader:

Perhaps when I feel that a massive decline in framerate would somehow make the gameplay....... better?

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 13:28
lol, that pretty much sums it up

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 21:55
I like this mod the way it's going anywho. But I guess there'll probably come a day when we have scriptable weapons, every FPI command imaginable, and all sorts of other uber stuff, then I suppose graphics would be the only other thing to do, that nad performance tweaks.....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 22:51
Hehe, I knew that'd happen. I'm more concerned with gameplay anyway.

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 00:50
You may be right, CG, but I tend not to look toward the future so much.

If I look forward to a long term goal and my course changes, no one will be disappointed. Live in the moment, for the moment, and do what you can right now. Your actions will take you to your goal, whether you want them to or not.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 03:41 Edited at: 10th Oct 2008 03:46
Dang.. I just got a new favorite quote
Quote: "If I look forward to a long term goal and my course changes, no one will be disappointed. Live in the moment, for the moment, and do what you can right now. Your actions will take you to your goal, whether you want them to or not."

Also Ply, potential bug. If you set your game up and create a script that limits you to 2 guns (which I did, first script, YAY!) and you decide to dual wield, is there a way to drop a gun? Because you would get stuck with 2 Mp40s or whatever, and wouldn't be able to switch because you have 2 guns. Could I write a script? Sorry, still learning how to do stuff.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 07:45 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 01:48
2 of the same gun will not take up 2 slots. Depending on how you set up the weapon, you can have it dual-wieldable with itself by only picking it up once, or you can force the player to find another of that gun in order to dual-wield it... but either way, it will not take up another slot.

Currently, the only way to drop a weapon is to use AirMods weapon reset command, which doesn't even drop the gun on the floor, it will just delete your weapon inventory so all the slots are empty.

To unequip your left-hand, press Ctrl+0... just a note in case you were wondering about that.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 13:38 Edited at: 10th Oct 2008 13:42
epic fail with the helmet ply

-edit- you and airmod are neck and neck with views, so Im helping you out

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 20:18
Lol.......

Haven't tried this yet, but what happens if you set the weapons to 0, then changed it to default, would it delete the weapons?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 01:51
@CG:

No, it won't delete the weapons, it will simply prevent the player from swapping to the ones in the latter portion of the weapon inventory. I was considering adding a "removeweapon" FPI command to allow people to specify a weapon in slot X, or a weapon named "X"

Examples:

removeweapon=6 (Will remove the weapon in slot 6)

removeweapon=scifi\tavor (Will search the player's weapon inventory for the tavor and remove it from whatever slot it's in)

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 02:01
I think the second one would be better.....

Do you know if it's possible to make the dynamic shadowing better? As in making it not glow as badly, is dynamic object shading handled by shaders or the engine?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 02:24
Lol, what I was trying to say is the command would accept both types of parameters.

About the shadowing... I haven't looked at it, but I can make a guess and say that it's DBP shadowing.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 02:35
Urrggghhh....that sucks, I tried editing the fastbone shader to no avail.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 02:37
Editing shaders can be tricky, especially since DBP is a little bit picky about what it accepts. (At least in my short experience with it, lol)

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 02:39
Yeh, I followed a tut Lee made in the 63rd Newsletter, makes characters look great, which therefore makes the doors and such look worse in comparison.....

To be honest, that's the only graphical thing that really bugs me, I don't really care about Bloom and Water and such, but glowing doors? No, ta!

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 05:17
Quote: "Examples:

removeweapon=6 (Will remove the weapon in slot 6)

removeweapon=scifi\tavor (Will search the player's weapon inventory for the tavor and remove it from whatever slot it's in)
"

This could effectively introduce weapon swapping. Just add one of these lines to the weapon.fpi script, and then you could have it so that when you pick up a weapon you drop the current one. Problems: You would have to make it that you only pick up the weapons by pressing enter, and you would also have to make it so that a duplicate of the current weapon is placed at the feet of the player.

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 09:31
I agree with CG. If You want to have a hidden switch somewhere it's hard as it glows so you have to hide it behind something.

Win XP - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 02:39
I just foumd out something pretty awesome with the ENTITYADDHEALTH command. If you give an Explodable entity this script:

...and activate them via a trigger, you get an explosion! Without having to do all the complicated stuff, I've tried it and it works perfectly!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 02:47
Good to hear it's working, CG!!

I, uh.... never actually tested it.
In fact, I don't really test a lot of the things I add. Way too time consuming, you see. So, if anything appears to be broken, let me know with some form of replicating it.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 07:24
Quote: "In fact, I don't really test a lot of the things I add."

This is where we differ greatly, lol. I usually only add things I want to use to begin with, so I end up testing it

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 07:52
Don't get me wrong. I usually have one reason or another for adding anything to the Mod.

Some of the commands are so simple, though... there seems little point in testing it, lol. However... that being said, I believe all of the larger and harder to accomplish additions, I have tested as much as I can bear... which is to the point where I haven't been able to break it.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 18:04
I wouldnt be able to stand the testing process either

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 00:50
*bump*

Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 01:08
Plystire, sorry if anyone already asked this, but The Game Creator's search features isn't very good and does not allow me to search inside a thread. But, will you be distributing your modified source code? I'm sure many people would be interested in working with your source and making custom modifications for their games.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 01:10
I'm sure many people would be interested in working with my source, but I'm afraid that's out of the question.

For the time being anyway.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 11:12
!!! NEW VIDEO !!!

Ply's Mod V1.07 Demo Game Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_VnVwzmVxM

(HIGH QUALITY Video attached to this post)

Obviously, from the title... this is going to be a Demo Game for the release of Ply's Mod V1.07

Read the description on the video for a run-down on what's in it.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 13:42
Sw- sw- sweeeet can

Lookin good Ply, can't wait for the release, I promise I wont neglect this update (STILL havent used beta yet)

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 16:58
haha that was freaking awesome, i may have to start using Ply's Mod now...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 20:36
@Plystire

Whoa! That was awesome! I can't wait to have a go on it......

@Everyone Else

Fans of my level design skills will be happy to learn that I will be working on some of the level design on this game....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 22:13
nice, is it gonna be commercial or non commercial?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 22:46
Thanks, everyone for the nice comments on the video. I still have a lot more to show off for the game, but I was feeling a little down and decided to make a video to perk my spirits back up and keep my focus alive on the game.
(Did anyone SEE how much damage I took from that last spell??!? Geez, I was playing it and didn't even realise the kinda PUNCH that thing packed!!! )

The demo game for Ply's Mod V1.07 will be completely non-commercial driven by the Ply's Mod V1.07 Demo, though media licensing will be in effect, regardless of any methods I may or may not use to protect them.

The demo game is also made completely by volunteer Ply's Mod users. So anyone who is assisting, has assisted or is willing to assist with the game will do so by their choice alone. I am not putting any sort of expectations to what anyone does for it, either. If nothing gets done for whatever reason, I'll do it myself (As some have already figured out ) since I don't expect everyone to have no life simply for a non-commercial game.

@CG:

Speaking of your level design skills... I'm practically finished with all of the scripts, I just need a level to start implementing it all into. When can I expect that from you? (BTW, the first level in my list for you would be a GREAT testing ground for 90% of my scripts )

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 23:02
Hmmm, I need about a week for that. I've already started, so don't worry....

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 00:26
WHOAH! How was that inventory made?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 01:00
Using the Startmenu function......and a bunch of other stuff......

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 06:48
Looks like in a way we are both working together Coffee

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 08:31
Huh? Lol......

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 08:42 Edited at: 17th Oct 2008 09:29
Well at least I thought I was working on this with Ply ... Errant sent the fantasy weapons to me and everything ... And me and Ply have been talking about it for weeks I'm so confused
And it was kinda my idea ...

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 19:57
@Crusader:

That inventory was made possible with a few more added commands. Namely, weapon handling commands which made it easier to manipulate what weapons the player had. Also, the key binding portion of the inventory (At the top of the screen) was made MUCH MUCH easier with some other commands.

@CG & Rampage:

Don't worry about it. You're both helping for the cause.

CG, email me with what map you're working on, ok? When I can, I'd like to get other things moving forward.

@Everyone:

Development is currently ceased on the demo and the Mod.

It seems that I have a knack for completely .... *ahem* messing up computer upgrades. And I only seem to have this knack for my OWN upgrades, whereas if I upgrade someone else's PC, it works fine the first time.

I may have corrupted both my new motherboard, and my HDD (With the Mod and everything on it).....

BUT DON'T WORRY!!! I made sure to back everything up a couple times ahead of time.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 20:27
E-Mail sent....

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 21:10
haha, when i first start reading your post, it was an "oh sh**!" moment. lol

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 22:11
Everyone! EMAIL YOU'RE HATE MAILS TO MICROSOFT NAO!
=)
ANyway glad to hear you keep backups

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 22:15
I think I would go INSANE if Ply Mod was lost... like with Exmortis 3, the guys laptop got stolen, and he had no backup, learn from this lesson

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 09:50
Don't worry meteorite, I've had PLENTY of past experiences that have taught me the hard way to back my stuff up, ESPECIALLY if I'm not going to be the only one using it

No need to send hate mail to MS, Matuka... none of it was their fault. I can really only blame myself for wanting to re-use my old HDD, and THEN trying too many things at once to get it working.

My re-order is being processed at NewEgg. Their customer service is excellent so I am hoping to be up and running again sometime next week.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 15:19
Oh geeze, a week? If you want me to help on the game when you start development again, you can feel free to email me

Ghost thing
Years of Service
User Offline
Ply. Since is an uber-mod, will you need a fast PC? I am using S4 mod just to get it to speed.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 11:47
It isn't really very hard on your PC, like EFX is, but as far as I know, it isn't as geared towards performance like S4Mod is....

Ghost thing
Years of Service
User Offline
My laptop is slow so I'll have to wait until I buy a better computer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:23:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:23:32