Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, it isn't that as such, the animations lack the necessary frames to benefit from being slowed, so unless interpolation is used (which it probably isn't), the animations will look jumpy.

And whilst I'm here, I'd like to make a small feature request:

Option to affect crouching accuracy.

Visit my site http://www.fpsmodels.com for models and media for fps creator.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 00:47
Quote: "The engine also played different animations depending on what killed you, doing simple direction and force calculations (a grenade exploding behind the model propels it forward and plays the flying death animation for example)."

If you are referring to the newer, HL2 and CS:S DOD:S, then those are ragdolls. If not, I don't recall Hl1 having a whole lot of force-based deaths. It had several different death animations for characters, but I killed a guy with a grenade once and he just fell forward Of course, I never played the original DOD, and there were too many...ignorant people...on CS. CS:S seems to be a bit better, but that's probably partially because I'm just better at that version for some reason

Back on topic

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 01:01
@meteorite:

Voice input would be absolutely useless for anything other than communicating with other people in MP. Voice analysis technology isn't very good even when an application is made specifically for that purpose. I mean, you have to say words in almost the exact same way that you recorded it. A TON of code goes into things like this and quite frankly, FPSC isn't up to the task. You'd be better off making your own plug-in for DBP for this sort of thing and I'm willing to bet that that alone will take many months to do and to perfect.

@Avid:

For someone who obviously doesn't USE the Mod to test things out, let alone read the manual on things that are already in the Mod, you make a lot of assumptions.

Interpolation IS used in animations. I know it's used, though since I don't have the source in front of me for direct consultation, I do recall it being used as well for entity animations and HUD weapon animations (I know the HUD weapon animations for certain). I don't recall if I made the interpolation CHANGE through changing the animation speed, but then again you haven't tried and I've only ever used the anim speed command to reverse animations (which actually works quite well )

On top of this, you can't blame FPSC for the animations of characters, because you are FULLY CAPABLE of making your own animation set for the characters.

As for the simple death animations, this will be fixed in the migration with the welcoming of ragdoll (at least, that's the hype going around for the migration) and I'm sure that even if it isn't introduced into the migration, then someone along the way will add it themselves.

If you don't want to test things out for yourself to see if your assumptions are correct, then there seems little point in stating them here.

Sorry to sound so uptight about this but everything you've posted thus far has been riddled with uncertainty and has an overall bleak outlook on not only the Mod but FPSC as a whole when the fault only lies with you.

Quote: "And whilst I'm here, I'd like to make a small feature request:

Option to affect crouching accuracy."

Already possible through the use of "plraccmult". Detect if the player is crouching by checking the "keypressed" scancode for the crouching key and if the key is being pressed, then increase the player's accuracy multiplier. It actually isn't that hard to do.

I've said it before but I'll say it again:

I have given you the tools to accomplish SO MUCH, but it is up to you to utilize them in a way to achieve what you're after.

I'm not going to give you what you're after on a silver platter. You may need to actually THINK about how to do some things. I can't go making commands for every little thing that people want to do!

Example:
I'm not going to make a "increaseaccuracywhenplayeriscrouching" command. I'm not going to make a "turnonflashlight" command. I'm not going to make a "thisentityisavehicle" command. I'm not going to make a "playminigamewhenplayerpressesf" command.

You gotta do these things yourself!!! The possibility is there, but what you and so many others are lacking is the ability to see beyond the obvious and make things out of parts! You are BUILDING a game, not buying one, okay? Not everything is going to be done FOR you.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 01:09
@meteorite:

Oops, forgot to talk about the "startmenu" for you.

What is it that you're trying to use it for? The only thing that it does is prevent the player from moving or looking around or taking any kind of direct action that is hard-coded into FPSC. It won't pause the game or anything, so everything will still be moving around.

I called it "startmenu" because in essence, that's what you want to have happen when a menu comes up. You don't want the camera looking around from moving the mouse because the menu will have a cursor that is moved by the mouse and you don't want the player to be firing off shots when they click on menu items.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
Interpolation isn't as simple as it seems, check the attached diagram for a fuller explanation. I also thought it would be better for the crouching accuracy to *possibly* included in the gunspec like moving accuracy, I imagine your solution would make the same accuracy multiplier apply to all weapons. I just assumed that it would be better to have that included in the gunspec options for consistency.

What I was basically saying was that you're making remarkable progress with the source, but the character animation for me is a let-down, and it is harder for someone to fix that than for you to fix the source code. And that's the issue, you HAVE the source code, they won't ever give us the source media.

If you don't believe any of that, try mastering the 3ds Max animation controls. Milkshape just won't cut it, you really need character studio.

With Dark Basic on the other hand, you only need your keyboard and your head. When programming I assume you don't have to watch videos of yourself tens of times until you get a 'feel' for how the animation should be. I honestly have to look like a fool trying out all these poses I want to implement (incidentally, dying and falling over hurts without a crash mat). It actually isn't worth the effort, I won't get a result until I finish, without even knowing what the result will be, or if it would be any good.

So to summarise, I think you're lucky. Your 'task' as it were, whilst difficult, is much much easier to visualise and so much easier for you to put your ideas down. With hard work you can do it. I need to visualise complex objects in 3D space, without being able to touch them. I probably don't have the skills to do a complete character animation set, I just simply couldn't.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 03:18
Actually, Ply, I learned that the problem I was having was just my "Fpi Editor" saving, but the changes not taking effect until the program closed, odd
But Issue solved.. now for the next issue, settargetreticle seems to be taking my controllable bot as the closest thing, and kills him rather than my target... do you plan to put coffeegrunts suggested scripting commands from the Script Challenges board in a later release?

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 03:36
Quote: "Your 'task' as it were, whilst difficult, is much much easier to visualise and so much easier for you to put your ideas down."

Visualize that and I'll give you a cookie.

How is he supposed to improve death animations via the source? And what is that about interpolation not working? Do you want us to magically add new keyframes to the characters? Interpolation works great - if you want to see it for yourself, go look at JDoom, turn on 3D-models, then turn off interpolation. You'll notice that the normally ultra-smooth walking animations are actually only 8 or so frames.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 06:17
@Avid:

You seem to underestimate my understanding of the methods at work here.

I know what interpolation is, I've dealt with it many times and have utilized it in many ways for different effects. I have even made my own interpolation code which strips down a model's animation data and depending on the interpolation given (I used different parameters than DBP uses) it would use in-between animation frames. The reason I don't use it is because it wasn't optimized and ran very slowly, but in hind sight it may have been because I used some seriously processor intensive techniques to smooth out and predict how the new animation frames should be made... like you said, the in-between frames on some would produce a wider curve instead of simply doing:

newX# = (frame(2).X - frame(1).X) / interpolation + frame(1).X
newY# = (frame(2).Y - frame(1).Y) / interpolation + frame(1).Y
newZ# = (frame(2).Z - frame(1).Z) / interpolation + frame(1).Z

That code would produce a straight line between the animation frames whereas it is more intuitive to give an intelligently placed frame to "mold" the new frames into what may have been an intended curve.

DBP code is slower than C++ code, there is no arguing it, and since the built-in functions of DBP are essentially compiled C++ functions utilizing DirectX, it just isn't in my best interest to try and best the DBP functions given to me by making my own functions through DBP code. (Though I have done this before when I found some faults with the built in DBP commands to find an object's on-screen location) I could very well make a plug-in, but seeing as how I'm short a decent C++ compiler with which I am familiar, that's not in my best interest either.

With that in mind, I have since been using and will continue to use the built-in DBP interpolation function.

As for building in a gunspec option for crouching accuracy... why would you want each gun to have it's OWN accuracy modifier? Isn't it logical to assume that crouching provides the same amount of stability for your gun (if any) no matter what that gun may be?

In any case, here's what you can do instead:
- Find out what weapon the player is holding through the use of "haveweap"
- If the player has the weapon you're looking for then give them an accuracy multiplier that reflects that weapon

Example:

TADA!!! If the player is holding a tavor, it'll give him 1.5x accuracy, whereas if he's holding an autoslug, it'll give him 1.25x accuracy. A bonus to this script (assuming the variable was declared earlier) is if the player is holding a weapon that WASN'T checked for, then it'll reset his accuracy multiplier to 100% (Default)

I do agree with you, though, that I am lucky. I am lucky to be able to do the things I can, but I consider YOU to be the lucky one here since I am doing this for you and everyone else wanting to use this Mod.

As for the difference in visualizing code versus a fully animated 3D model that you can't touch... consider the fact that you can't touch math... you can't SEE math even when it's done and implemented. Can you visualize the difference in trajectories between two objects? Can you visualize how one would find that difference and store it in a meaningful way that the program can utilize it for multiple purposes? How about visualizing the connection between a polygon touching another polygon and a polygon NOT touching another polygon? Can you visualize how one would go about finding if they are touching or not? What about intersecting at any and all angles/positions? I'm going to guess that you can't. You see... okay, you don't... no body "sees" this, it just happens. Programmers need more visualizing than a 3D modeller. We need to visualize ANYTHING that the modeller could possibly concieve and devise a way to deal with it. We visualize the unreal, the UNSEEN, and we analyze it, calculate it, and manipulate it. We deal in the imaginary concept of numbers and because of that we are able to visualize much more than a simple object that moves. We may not be proficient in creating these objects, but we can definitally visualize them.

When you get the chance, try visualizing two spacecraft flying around each other. Their movements are not based on something you or anyone created. Their movements are based on the player's whim and can be anywhere and go in any direction. Now try visualizing the distance between them, the angles at which they are from one another... now put some math to that. What mathematical functions will you use to optimally determine everything about these two ships and their relationship with each other? This brings in more visualizing.

And if you haven't been keeping up, I made a lightsabre!!! I visualized it in my mind, modelled it, UV mapped it (to some extent, lol), and animated it!

Also, I don't know what you mean by "fixing the source code"... what exactly is broken about it?

I'm pretty sure we CAN do whatever it is your modelling tool does, but the problem here is efficiency. While you are modelling, some tasks may seem instantaneous to you, but try having the processor do it 60 times in a second WHILE doing everything else needed to make the game run. If you sit and think about what you're asking of the engine, you'll realize that by making the animations yourself and relieving that duty from the engine, it will not only WORK but it'll run faster because of it.

Now, after all of that... I commend you for knowing enough about modelling to do what you do, and I especially am jealous that you have a way to turn real life movements into an animation on the computer. I've always wanted to try that myself.

@meteorite:

Some commands suggested in the challenge thread will eventually be implemented. I'm glad to hear you found the problem you were running into with the command. Hope everything works out for you.

About the settargetreticle command... what you can do is move your character aside right before using the command, then move him back in place. It will happen before the screen is refreshed so the player won't be seeing the character blinking to side or anything like that.
Since you already know where the character should be, what you could do is just put him at these coordinates while the raycast is being calculated: -1000,-1000,-1000
Then move him back to where he was after the "settargetreticle" command.

@Airslide:

Let's not get into that here, okay? We all know how much code and math is behind making any game, so let's not start a battle on what profession is easier.

I think it'd just be easier to say, "It's unrealistic to ask the engine to perform 10x more calculations per second when you could have modelled it that way to begin with."

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 12:23
Are those "entity location modifier commands" going to be available in the next release? An I have a question, does settargetreticle apply to just camera 0, are whatever cam you are veiwing?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Isn't crouch accuracy a bit redundant when there already exists separate accuracy for simplezoom? If I'm just shooting from the hip (so to speak), crouching isn't likely to make me shoot any more accurately than standing vs. actually aiming properly via simplezoom. Not to mention simplezoom is more robust than just crouching because the designer can handicap move and/or turning speed while in simplezoom/iron sights mode. Combined with the acc multiplier and recoil, it should be more than enough.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 15:52
Quote: "Let's not get into that here, okay? We all know how much code and math is behind making any game, so let's not start a battle on what profession is easier. "

I'm not trying to say one is harder than another, I'm just trying to show him just how much work is put into coding, as he seems to think that it is significantly easier than 3D art (and for some of us, it is, but by the same token, modeling and texturing is easier for others). And I've got a hunch that a lot of people here don't really know what goes into this source code, and most have never seen it, and a good percentage probably haven't worked with any sort of real programming language (DBP included). So there are probably a lot of people who don't realize the amount of code/math in a game.

Quote: "I think it'd just be easier to say, "It's unrealistic to ask the engine to perform 10x more calculations per second when you could have modelled it that way to begin with.""

Agreed

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 00:36
Ply, I was thinking, with settargetreticule if it applies to whichever camera is being viewed, well then moving the character wouldnt help, because the target would be set off to the side, and if it does only apply to camera 0, then I need to have the player follow exactly where the 3rd person char is, but I can't use plrmoveto because then the player jumps to the side with the entity, causing a slight issue, with the target still being on teh side. The sad truth is, for realistic 3rd person shooting we need more commands. As for melee, I can still script that

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 08:54
@meteorite:

The "entity location modifier commands" are already in the Beta release. Check the actions section of the readme for them. They should be something like "entityposx" or something like that.

As for the settargetreticle command... it all depends on how you have your 3rd person character rigged. If he's bound to camera 0 (which I'm assuming he is) then you can simply UNBIND him just short of moving him out of the way:

That will remove the binding from the entity so that it can freely be moved about, reposition him to X-coord -1000 (effictively "out of the way"), set his target to whatever the player's camera (camera 0) is looking at, then rebind him to the player's camera and re-offset his y position... by rebinding him, he'll automatically reposition back to where the player's camera is, so you won't even need to deal with variables, now that I think about it.

Hope this explanation made some more sense to you.

@Errant:

I think what he was going for was what Counter-Strike did, in that crouching provided a slightly better accuracy... and after firing the accuracy would decrease making burst-firing also more accurate than simply holding down the trigger with an automatic weapon.

@Airslide:

Lol, okay, well, debate over, let's get back on track here, shall we?

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 14:18
That will work better than what I'm doing... I've just been using bindcamtoentity, it's still just a modified version of your script

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 15:27
I just tried using fog for underwater environments. It's a bit intense to say the least....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 15:52
so wait, how does water work with ply mod? do you need a water entity, then apply a script to a triggerzone underneath it so that it has water effects?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 15:55
Yeh, I use the water decals from the sprite pack....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 16:02
i need to get that lol

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 03:27
Welp! My brand new motherboard came in today!

Put my computer together and everything!

Turn it on........... nothing

*sigh*....... I don't know what the heck could have happened this time, because it's ALL new hardware and everything was hooked up as it should have been!

Sorry, guys, but the Mod is still on hold.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 04:28
That sucks, hope this gets sorted out for you soon ply

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 06:59
Welp, I got some issues solved, but it looks like my CPU is overheating... even when I'm doing something as little as browsing BIOS settings.

Gonna go out and grab some decent thermal compound for the heatsink and maybe that'll solve the problem.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 07:49
Bummer that is

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 12:33
Quote: "thermal compound for the heatsink"

I dunno what those are, but I'll take ur word for it

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Arctic silver and that ceramic stuff both work well, IMO. Please tell me you weren't just using that factory sticky pad thing on a home-built rig If the weather is still the same, maybe you can work on it outside... but then maybe you will sieze up Best wishes with this, Ply.
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
make sure you put the heat sink on right, that almost wasted one of my processors. Replacing the thermal compound is also a good idea.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 19:43
@meteorite:

It's the goopy stuff that helps transfer heat from your CPU to your heatsink (the big metal block with a fan on it to help cool your CPU down)

@Errant:

I always use Arctic Silver 5. But having sat there and taken apart and reassembled the thing so many times, the stuff started cracking and I had used the last of what I had, so I just need to go get more.

@Avid:

Yes, I know better than to half-*** putting on the heat sink. Did my share of frying CPUs in hardware class many years ago.

I like the way AMD has their heatsinks put in place... MUCH less likely to mess something up than with an intel mount.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 22:12
OMG, this is so detrimentally aggravating now... one stupid thing after another.

Got the CPU to stay cool... working fine now.

Install Windows and apparently I've run out of times to use my activation key, so now I need to buy a new one before it'll even let me log on.

So, it gets me online to buy another license and I'm putting in information when all of a sudden........ my keyboard isn't working!!!! The lights on it are sitting there flashing at me! So now I can't get another license because I can't type anything! I dig up another keyboard out of my closet hoping that my keyboard just got old or something, but nope, it does it with the other keyboard too!!!

*sigh* Why did I ever choose to be a computer nerd??? WHY I ask you, WHY?!?

The one and only,

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 22:18 Edited at: 30th Oct 2008 22:21
Look on the bright side Plystire, when it is up and running it'll be 1x10^99 times faster than my one! Seriously, my computer takes 5 minutes to boot from logon. Im suprised I can run fpsc...

Intelligence rush wearing off... Going to reccuperate with some Plys Mod Beta. BTW should I back up my original FPSC-Game.exe before replacing it with the Mod?

EDIT: Have you tried rebooting your computer? Maybe a driver temporarily bumped out while you were on the computer?

Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
Heh, I just bought an OEM version from Microsoft that doesn't need any activations on it. Few people realise you can actually do that. They just send you a disk in packet. Seems they account for stingy people, managed to get Office 2007 for £35 on a special student discount too.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 23:00
Thanks, but you know how the saying goes:

"The longer a task takes to complete, the lower your outcome expectations upon success become."

It all starts with "If only I could get this to dual-boot properly" and eventually leads to "If only I could get SOMETHING to turn on when I hit the power button".

I went out and bought a USB keyboard, and it works fine now.... but now my USB mouse is refusing to work!!!

Oh and get this:

While trying to find the "Product ID" for my copy of Windows, there's a link that says "How to find your Product ID" and tells me it's in the "Control Panel\System" dialogue..... however, going into Control Panel leads me to NOTHING because Windows restricts what I'm allowed to do until I activate it!!!!

OMFG, that's like, right up there with: "Press F1 to activate keyboard"

*sigh* At least it's installing updates, and I hope ONE of them will fix some of this.... it's currently installing Update 7 of 27.

Blegh, I need a hard drink.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 00:12
That sucks Ply, I hope you get your issues sorted out

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 01:31
Man, somebody seriously does NOT want me to get my computer running...

Fresh installation of Windows... install drivers and whatnot, reboot.... and SUDDENLY my "period for activating Windows" (normally 30 days) has "expired" and I have to activate it now... but when I try to activate it, it tells me that I can't use my product key, and the Microsoft lady on the phone has such a thick accent that I can't understand a word she's saying!!! The gist of what she said (from what I could gather) is that somebody is using my key somewhere and she's convinced that I'm trying to pirate a copy of Windows and is of no help at all!!!

And to top it off, I don't have a single drop of hard liquor in my house.... the universe is against on this, I swear.

The one and only,
bleeeeeegh

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 02:00
Ouch Ply... The liquour thing stinks, but I think god just doesn't want you to get your comp running! If it explodes once you actually get Windows running, just remember... Uh... Anybody got a good quote to put here?

Have a drink on me;

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 02:22 Edited at: 31st Oct 2008 02:32
Gah, that sucks.

What sucks worse is that you really do have the worst luck in the world... The chance of someone generating a GUID like your Windows CD-Key is less than the annual chance of getting hit by a meteorite! Just had to throw that depressing fact out there.

On a lighter note, I've found that support hands out product keys very leniently, although my last experience with that was a few years ago with Office 2003, I think. Microsoft must have changed its anti-piracy strategies, or something.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 07:52
Quote: "the annual chance of getting hit by a meteorite!"

That's a pretty good chanc for me... he posts here like everyday!!!

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 07:55
OMG, GUESS WHAT!?!?

I'm typing on my new computer!!! Hurrrrraaaaaaaayyy!!!!

I have officially updated every piece of hardware around me except for:

- My computer case
- My desk
- My chair

The original intent was only to update the motherboard, cpu, ram, and gpu........ buuuuuuuuuut it didn't turn out like that.

Oh well!!!

Next issue in line for me to deal with:

The flash drive that I have everything backed up on is not being recognized by Vista..... and having gone to the manufacturers site looking for a driver for it, they tell me that no driver is needed for Vista.

So, I am now installing any and all available updates for Windows in hopes that at some point it will recognise the drive and I can restore everything.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 08:01
That's great Ply My new computer will be in my hands soon enough also

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 13:49
Whoa! You've had some serious bad luck...

Glad it's all clearing up for you now though.....

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 21:27
Hurrah!
BTW since your computer is really fast (1x10^99 times faster than mine to be exact) Does that mean I could run a speed test where I launch a test demo to test the speed of my game comparitive to other computers? It's just since I get really low framerate on a certain area of my level (going down a staircase )

Sorry, off-topic I know, but I just need an answer.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 04:02 Edited at: 1st Nov 2008 04:09
That's great that your computer is working!
Hopefully the flash drive will work. I would hate for you to lose all of the source to Ply's Mod.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 05:09
Welp, the flash drive refuses to work even after all the updates.....

But, my trusty laptop (vintage 2003, and not shut down since then ) likes the flash drive and I was able to transfer piece by piece of my backup onto my jump drive and transfer it over to this PC. So it's all back!!!

Now..... does anyone remember what I was doing last?

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 12:35
You were...ermm....I dunno....

I sent you an E-Mail by the way....

Is it possible to fix the issue with fog I showed on the last page?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 19:14
you were giving me a thousand dollars...

Quote: "That's a pretty good chanc for me... he posts here like everyday!!!"

Oh real mature :p

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 19:36
Quote: "Quote: "That's a pretty good chanc for me... he posts here like everyday!!!"

Oh real mature :p"

..and real funny.....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 20:55
true

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 01:57 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2008 02:20
@CG:

I believe the fog issue (and most other lighting issues with Mods in general) spawns from a Compiler problem derived in one of the DLLs we received from Lee. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next source release. If it isn't, then I'm sure me and a few other modders will have a nice little chat with Lee and the chat will continue until ONE of us (besides Lee, of course) is able to compile the source without any default issues.

@meteorite:

Hah! Good one... but not likely.

@Everyone:

Well, I'm going to have to sit down and make a new list of things for me to do sinc in my hurry to get my new computer assembled, I had completely forgotten to back up my list of stuff to do!!!

If anyone remembers what I was up to before the hold was placed in effect, lemme know.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 13:42
Quote: "Some additions to look forward to in the next update:

- HUD manipulation commands (To allow the repositioning/resizing of HUDs in real-time)
- More Gunspec Options
- New Flakspec Options
- Weapon manipulation/confirmation commands"

this help?

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 14:18
YAY! Ply got his comp fixed and it didn't explode! I serriously wouldn't have been surprised if it did at that point.

Must... help... bunny... achieve... world... domination... all... hail... bunny...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 00:29
Next Release coming soon, guys!!

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 00:33
Woot!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 09:18:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 09:18:41