Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 03:13
80? Sweet funny adams, that`s nice! I get high 20s-low 30s before placing enemies

*slap!*
Quiet yourself, think before posting, and maybe you won't be as ignorant as you seem.
dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 04:12
I dunno, it just looks a lot smoother with higher framerates, and it doesn't get as choppy when more than one enemy is on screen. It's just hard to see why FPSC has such a hard time with such little going on.

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 06:43
If it's running at 80 fps with more than one enemy, then the cap at 34 shouldn't budge at all under the same circumstances.

FPSC has a hard time because much of what it has to do isn't visible to the player. Believe me, it's working really hard to do what it does. The reason being that FPSC was made to be as flexible as possible, to adhere to as many types of games as it can. If it were made more specific, many of the things it does right now can be thrown away and save lots of framerates.

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 10:15
@Ply; With my awesome new rig which can run Crysis at very high and is awesome () I just tried your mod again and it's excellent. Now, I want to do something about tracers, and I can't remember if you can change the explosion radius or not. I don't have the time to check it myself; could someone please tell me if it does work?
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 20:37
you can change explosion radius

Force = X (Increases blast radius of flak to X*4 segments in radius) (Default is 1.0)

*slap!*
Quiet yourself, think before posting, and maybe you won't be as ignorant as you seem.
Loopy Loop
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Ply, looks pretty cool to me, I really wanna try it, but one thing gets in my way (I pity the foo') OK down to business...
1)In Vista, is the FPSC-Game.exe file you talk about in Computer>Local Disk>Program File>The Game Creators>FPS Creator?
2)When I rename the FPSC-Game.exe file in the folder above, then extract your FPSC-Game.exe file into it with WinRAR, why does it say:

C:\Users\kiza\Desktop\plysmodv107.rar: Cannot create FPSC-Game.exe
Access is denied
C:\Users\kiza\Desktop\plysmodv107.rar: No files to extract

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I would very much appreciate if you answered 'cos I wanna try out this sweet mod

Think Big, in fact scribble that, Think bigger, no no no, think biggest of all
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 05:31 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 21:17
to ply and airslide:

first off, i did post these questions on some of your youtube videos, but incase you dont see them, here they are:

ply: i used your humvee script but when i get in the humvee the controls are all weird ie: w key makes se go backwards and turns some way

i have it set to physics off cos if i have it on the vehicle floats up in the air when i get in

airslide:

how do i get the blood spurt physics working? where to i put bloodspurt = 1?

thanks in advance for your help

p.s nice mod ply

edit:

ok, with the blood, i added bloodspurt=1 to an ai script (phoenix ai, to be exact) but if i do that the character just stands there bleeding all over the place, doing nothing.

-insert clever remark here-
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 16:04
Quote: "p.s nice mod ply"

That would've been the first thing I put...

Quote: "ply: i used your humvee script but when i get in the humvee the controls are all weird ie: w key makes se go backwards and turns some way

i have it set to physics off cos if i have it on the vehicle floats up in the air when i get in"

Ply has stated before (somewhere) that he changed the code for the commands too much for the humvee script to work the way it did. It's somewhere in the past 30 pages, but nobody blames you for reading all of that. I mean... IT'S LONG!

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
DemonHand
Years of Service
User Offline
will this work with version 1.14? Anyone try yet?

Dream To Fly
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 20:36
Quote: "Ply has stated before (somewhere) that he changed the code for the commands too much for the humvee script to work the way it did. It's somewhere in the past 30 pages, but nobody blames you for reading all of that. I mean... IT'S LONG!"

ah, thank you

-insert clever remark here-
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 21:44
It will not work w/ 1.14, just 1.07-1.09

*slap!*
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 05:38
@dolphin lover:

The humvee script has been edited to work, with one exception:
- The player WILL NOT follow the humvee.

Go back to page 1 and recopy, it should be editted by now.

If W is making the humvee go backwards, that simply means that your humvee model is backwards.
Edit the FPE file for it to offset it's y rotation by 180 degrees.

The one and only,

Loopy Loop
Years of Service
User Offline
@Demonhand
It says in the first post that ply made that it only works with 1.07 - 1.09, but then again i dunno if he's edited it in other posts that i have not read

TTEGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Im ne to all this so doent be expecting the best

Now to my question...

Plystire I have been reading the forum and its all a blur to me I will in time come to grips, now I know youve written a guide but for the people like me who are new to all this could you write a short guide for like an alien so we could understand it more and I totally understand If you carn't.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 14:27
A short guide to what, exactly? I'd need to know what you're interested in learning, to the 't'.

If you've read the Official Community Guide, there's not much more to explain.

The one and only,

TTEGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 18:51 Edited at: 20th Feb 2009 23:07
Hey Ply Ive read the guide 5ish times and I understand 60% of it now all I really need to know is whats the best version of FPSC to use v7 - v9 and how will I access the TGC Store.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well im using FPSC V1.09 and the MOD version V1.09 and I have the TGC store... The only problem is that the buttons are missing their lables.... Like the Log In button has no Log In written on it...

Anyway I came here with an error about the Vehical demo on you mod Ply....

I got your vehical script that you posted and i cant get it to work! The script has a veriety of problems!

The first problem i had was when i entered for the first time i shot the the levels left hand corner!!!!!

The other problem was that when i entered the vehical it was facing backwards and had a camera like that of a player (where i can look around 360 degrees). Then i couldnt get the vehical to start!

Im testing it on the humve frrom one of the packs like it was in your demo Please help!!!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 21:39
@Arenas:

That sounds like a classic bad downgrade. You should try fully uninstalling FPSC from your computer (backup your models and scripts and whatnot first), then reinstall from your FPSC CD, upgrade directly to V1.09, then install the Mod.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
No no no no..... I couldnt even get your mod working when i downgraded! This isnt a downgrade error becuase i reinstalled and then upgraded from scratch!!!!! Iv already had my share of downgrade problems!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 19:09
Well, in any case, that's an editor issue.. perhaps a faulty download or bad installation, but not the fault of the Mod.

I replied to your post in the script board regarding the vehicle.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 08:21 Edited at: 28th Feb 2009 20:17
Thanks,

I know i do complain alot and I have just one more complaint. When you enable iron sights for other weapons, why do they fire really slowly? As in one click per shot? and what happened to all of the sounds?

Also is it possible to edit the z axis on the simple zoom on iron sights? For some reason i can see the smoke created by the weapon but not the weapon? (PS this error occurs mainly in model pack 5)

Also no guns in model pack 9 work with simple zoom...

Also are you 'giving away' your decal over-ride scripts? Cause i'd do anything for them!!!!! You could change the decals from say fire to the shockwave decal
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys??? Any ideas??? Especially why the iron sights model packs arnt working....
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 20:52
I could have sworn I replied to this.

Iron sights normally require a special set of animations for the weapon model in order to work, but you can get them to still pull up and zoom in a little bit without the special animations. This is all done in the gunspec file.

I URGE you to go through the Ply's Mod ReadMe, as WELL as the AirMod ReadMe (Also downloadable from the site and from the first post). They document 97% of everything in the Mods. This includes how iron sights work, how to set them up, etc. as well as how to set up the decal over-ride. Please note that BOTH of these additions are not script related. They are additional options for the gunspec file.

The one and only,

Loopy Loop
Years of Service
User Offline
any1 gunna reply to my post?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2009 18:09
@Loopy Loop:

Obviously you don't have permission to write to that folder. Open up the folder properties and change the settings for permissions if you have admin priviledges.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well its all sorted I got it working. Now for my first BIG project, but like 7000th game/arena I think this should be good. Its not just me working alone im with 5 friends and ones a super genius (AKA Nerd)
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 21:34
Still waiting to see this new patch =p

What issues are planned to be fixed?

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 23:06
The new patch/update will be released when the Mod contest is over and I've added the new features for the winners.

The one and only,

Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire: I have been thinking of which engine to create a game on X9/X10 and my PC has the specs for both. I thought hard because my game is a horror game (good graphics will allow for a better atmosphere) and one thing that could change my mind is your mod (with the scripting features my game could have extremely cool combat)! I was wondering if your mod will eventually (when the X10 source code is released) be available in FPS Creator X10. Could you please reply your decision when you have the time, thanks for reading.

Diabolic Soft, a name that will be placed in all of the games I produce.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 01:13
I'm no oracle, but if the source were out right now (and DBPX10 released) I wouldn't have any problem porting over to that.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 01:21
What will it fix, I was hoping to get a fix for some issues that might help with my melee system, for the compo

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 05:57
Among a few tweaks, I fixed the rotation/positioning bug for entities attached to the player camera.

I'll have it uploaded in a couple days.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 08:35
!!! UPDATE TIME !!!

Okay, screw the patch.

I've released Ply's Mod V1.08

This version brings in a new level of reliability and fixed a LOT of bugs. (There were so many that I forgot about them all and only included a few major fixes in the ReadMe's Update History)

Among these fixes, I've finally gotten to the bottom of dynamic lights not working in Mods. I've also optimized the dynamic lighting system a little bit, so dynamic entities will be effected by the lights more accurately.

You can find the download for this on the official website.

Enjoy!

The one and only,

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 09:00
Congratulations Ply!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 09:02
Wooterus!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome! (I hope)
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 10:49 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2009 10:51
Thanks, guys! I'm rather proud of how it turned out.

@Errant AI:

You'll be happy to know that I fixed the bugs you mentioned. (I hope)

[EDIT]
Can a Mod please change the title of this thread to "Official Ply's Mod Thread"? Thank you!

The one and only,

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool beans! I recently noticed something else related to dual wield but I'll test 1.08 before making a bug report (DLing now).
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 11:25
Cool, I hope everything's up to your expectations. And this time around, please don't take 3 months to tell me about a bug.

The one and only,

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm too lazy right now to log into the mod website so I'll post here

The left-sided simplezoom seems to be working as it should now (Awesome) but there is something a little funky with the way the muzzle flash displays whenever you have only a leftside gun (normal or simplezoom modes). Something about the way it refreshes or rotates isn't the same. Still- that aspect is much improved.

Semi-auto sounds are working fine now though automatic ones are still getting cut off. As a workaround, I'm currently adding a soundframe for the fire sound on the first frame of the end fire state. It also requires duplicating the fire sound in a different sound number slot.

Newly discovered bug: When dualling, the smoke decals get can get messed up if you have two weapons with different smoke decals assigned. It applies the same decal to both weapons dictated by the last weapon selected (similar to how the crosshair updates)This is 100% reproducible. An easy test is to have any two weapons which emit smoke and can dual. Assign one smokedecal=gunsmoke and the other smokedecal=sparks.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I've got a bit of a problem with this update I'm afraid.

Any level, even a simple 2x2 room with nothing in it is causing the attached error during the build. The levels work without any issues in the un-modded FPSC

Anyone else experiencing this?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 21:51
Downloading now, will share results, pm'ed you on your site ply

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 22:55
Quote: ""

Do you smoke?

I can't texture. I'm not an artist.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 23:11
@Errant AI:

Now you've done it! You've made me feel bad. I found that bug a long time ago and must have forgotten about it completely.

Oh well... I've fixed up a few more things in the past 8 hours, so I'll get that fixed while I'm at it. About the sound bug... that's been bugging me for the longest time... but I'll take another whack at it here soon, it couldn't hurt, right?

@TFCR!:

Yes, I do. Is there a problem?

Try to stay on topic, please.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 01:08
!!! UPDATE !!!

I have just updated the V1.08 download with a patch.

Please redownload from the official site. It's the same link as it was before.

Fixes from this patch include:
- Automatic Weapon sounds are no longer cut off. (Thank GOD!!)
- Smoke decals from weapons are now unique for left and right hands
- "NoScorch" weapons in left hand will no longer leave scorch marks if righthand weapon can leave scorch marks.

Enjoy!

The one and only,

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 01:20
this might have been posted but on v1.07 of your mod, there's no bullet holes, only clearish squares. also, could you add a speedup (such as project blue) to your mod? that'd be awesome!!

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 01:40
Try redownloading the Mod, you may have had a corrupted download.

Also, Ply's Mod does incorporate many of S4's optimizations. The reason it does not run as fast is because Ply's Mod has expanded upon quite a few things in FPSC, forcing the engine to do more than it normally would. The optimizations provide leverage for the new additions, though.

The one and only,

Nike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 15:25
Dude you are my hero. Where is the 3rd person script by the way?

Straight from Finland ;P
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Ply... You rock!

Getting the update now
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 21:21
@Nike:

The third person script is somewhere on the front page of this thread. It could use quite a bit of editting but from what I recal, it works as it should.

@Errant AI:

Thanks! Just let me know the moment you find any more bugs.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 06:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 06:24:27