Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 23:39
Ply, that shader issue I was talking to you about, I'm now having that issue with another of my custom weapons, but now on the right-hand gun...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 23:43
The right hand gun should never have that issue. If it does, it's not a fault of my code.

Custom shaders have never been too friendly for me either.

I haven't done anything with the shader system for the Mod. Perhaps one of these days I'll look into upgrading it. For now, maybe you can speak with the person who made the shader?

The one and only,

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Ply- Two things on the demo2 build for you.

1. If you have an automatic weapon (anything with the automatic fire flag) and run out of ammo it will play the shooting sound in addition to the dryfire sound.

2. Alpha sorting is bugged and gives those white halos around bullet holes again. It was fixed in the previous version.
Nike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 16:15 Edited at: 24th Mar 2009 16:23
I'm having a problem with the getting simplezoom to work.
I'm usin' Ply's mod 1.8 (or something like that)

The gun is m4a1 from modelpack 10

I edited the gunspec file like this :

;GUN Model File Requirements

;GUN Settings

MUZZLECOLORR = 252
MUZZLECOLORG = 150
MUZZLECOLORB = 54

muzzleflash = 1
muzzlesize = 35
brass = 4
smoke = 4
second = 0
damage = 25
damagetype = 1
scorchtype = 1
reloadqty = 15
iterate = 1
accuracy = 6
simplezoom = 25
simplezoommode = 100
simplezoomacc = 1
zoomrecoily = 10
zoomrecoilx = 1
forcezoomout = 1
;zoommode = 1

;GUN Visuals
textured =
;effect = effectbankfastbonefastbone.fx
effect = effectbankBumpCubeReflectAlphaBumpCubeReflectAlpha.fx
transparency = 1
;zoomscope = scope1.tga
weapontype = 3

;GUN Sounds

sound1 = fire.wav
sound2 = reload.wav
sound3 = dryfire.wav
sound4 = retrieve.wav
sound5 = putaway.wav
;sound6 = cock.wav
fireloop = 4000

;HUD muzzleflash position

horiz = 4.5
vert = -.7
forward = 10.5
alignx = 2.5
aligny = -1.75
alignz = 26

;HUD animation frames list

keyframe ratio = 1
select = 1,20
Idle = 20,50
Move = 50,79
Start fire = 81,82
automatic fire = 83,89
end fire = 90,95
reload = 96,179
;cock = 126,188
putaway = 179,190

;HUD sound frames list

soundframes = 4
sframe0 = 82,1
sframe1 = 100,2
sframe2 = 108,5
sframe3 = 1,4

But when i run my game, nothing happens when i right click.
Do you know what's wrong?

Straight from Finland ;P
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "simplezoom = 25
simplezoommode = 100"

start by changing to:

simplezoom = 2
simplezoommod = 0
simplezoomanim = 0

note that it is simplezoommod and not simplezoommode

You also need to specify the positioning change with:

zoomalignx =
zoomaligny =
zoomalignz =

Search on this board or models/media because someone has already posted gunspecs to use with MP 9/10 weapons. Also, know that the model is canted. So, you can not get true iron sights but you can get fear-style zooming.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2009 23:58
Thank you for the report, Errant.

I'll look into that sound thing. But the bulletholes are not broken. I simply "unfixed" what I fixed.

I previously fixed it by using the "prebulletholes.dds" file. I've changed it back to using "bulletholes.tga" since apparently not everyone HAS the prebulletholes and it just comes up with black squares.

Here is the "prebulletholes.dds", place it in your "Files/gamecore/bulletholes/" folder and rename it to "bulletholes.dds"

The one and only,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 01:10
Okay, I found out what the problem was and it's fixed now. You can download the update from the same V1.08 download link.

The one and only,

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 17:00
Sent you an email.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2009 14:43
Sweet, will test the new release as soon as possible...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 02:40
Ply, make sure to update the AirMod manual to the latest version in my thread. Fixes a few typos

And Errant, you need to check your e-mail more often

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 06:48
Will do, thanks for the heads up

The one and only,

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 15:42
Good work on your mod Plystire!

Quote: "And Errant, you need to check your e-mail more often "

Errant doesn't check his e-mail. His e-mail checks him

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 03:13
Haha
Hey Ply when will the commercial license for the mod be released? Sorry I'm behind times.

PUNK IS BACK!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 03:15
You're allowed to sell games with the Demo version. However, the built game will have a splashscreen and a titlescreen watermark.

You can buy the full version off of the website. It's still a manual purchase, but using the website form will help me to keep track of things

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 03:29
Sickness thankyou man.I'll surely check it out.

PUNK IS BACK!
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 05:47
Hey ply, ever do any hud testing? When ever I show a hud that I use for a flashlight script, I dont see my hud, I see a black center, red middle, and white outer rather than my own. It happens with the S4 flashlight script too, not just mine. I havent checked his, but my hud was 1024x1024 or somethin like that

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 07:30
I made a small flashlight script while I was making the new version.... so yeah, I've played with HUDs.

And as long as your health/ammo/etc HUDs are still working.... there may just be something wrong with your script or the images you're using for the HUD.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 14:07
Nope, because this happened with the S4 script, which always worked before :/

Not the hud either, because it happened with both the S4 one, and one that I made

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 20:42
Your site is down

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 21:57
I'll look into it meteorite. It may have something to do with the new hud command I added.

And YIKES!!! The site is down!! Well...... blast!
I'll get things uploaded over here until the site gets back online.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 00:06
wekk, it's back up =p for me anyways

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 04:03
Okay, it's back up for me too. Ah well.

The one and only,

woot for toot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 17:19
the only thing it didnt do (because it probably isnt possible ) is make the map bigger.

fear my udder of doom!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug in this mod or a problem inherent with V1.9, but whenever I try to spawn an entity from a trigger zone they are spawning around 2 segments away from their original location.

Anyone else having this problem or is it me?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ply,

Got another bug for you. I think it was introduced some time between the 1.07 and 1.08 builds.

If you have a dynamic entity, you used to be able to shoot it and have it move. That doesn't seem to be the case now. An easy test is to take a WWII barrel and set weight to 500 and friction to 1000. In stock you can bounce it around by shooting it but in 1.08demo2 you can only move it by bumping into it or explosion force.

Also, just wanted to let you know I'm blown away with how much better things are looking with the various lighting problems resolved. It's really awesome to see little things like the enemy VWEAPs being affected by scene lights! I know it's a small detail but exciting for me LOL. It's also great to see the muzzle flashes illuminating the level again with shaders active (worked before only when shaders were off).
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 21:10
ply, i have made a multiplayer game with your mod, with stock segments, and entityes with eai weapons
But i get an error when i choose 3 or 2nd character (they are 3 characters anyway), can you help me?

immortal
Years of Service
User Offline
hello guys,

i want to have all ply's mod script , 3rd view , double weapon ....

plz i very need that , thank's a lot i want that.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 02:56
@Scene Commander:

I'll look into it, thanks for telling me!

@Errant AI:

Yes, I heard from someone that you found something like that. I'll look into and hopefully will bring a fix back soon.

I'm very glad that you're enjoying how far the Mod has come. It's all worth it just to hear people are using it and having fun with it.

@Black Profductions:

An MP game??? With Ply's Mod???

I never tried that before... I'll go take a look. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

@immortal:

You can find the download for the Mod on the official website: http://www.plysmod.tk/

After you've download it, read the ReadMe document carefully to see how everything works. Also make sure to follow the Installation carefully.

Once you've got it installed, dual-wielding doesn't take much to set up and you find out how to set it up in the ReadMe. The 3rd Person view script can be found on the first page of this thread.

The one and only,

Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 03:24
Hello Plystire!

First of all, i would like to thank you and congratulate you for the amazing work done in your FPSC source modifications. This mod is excellent and the new possibilities it allows are great.

I have a few questions for you:

1) Is the Media Fire link working correctly? I tried to download the latest version with no luck. Media Fire reported an error.

2) Is it possible to have multiple fire.wav for each weapon, randomly played? I'm trying to do that with EAI's weapons with no luck.

3) Can you take a look on this thread i created and help me a little? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=148479&b=21
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'll look into it, thanks for telling me!"

Thanks Plystire,

For your information, I think this is only occurring on larger levels, I tend to build my levels first before adding characters.

I'm not getting the same results on small levels, I'm wondering if rather than the characters spawning away from the spawn point they are simply running though walls before the player see them. Also sometimes character don't appear to have spawned at all, and I'm thinking they've fallen through the floor.

Hope this helps, if you need anything else let me know.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 13:28
@Claws:

1) I just tried the link and the download started and completed without error.

2) Random fire sounds would be a problem. Perhaps you could remove the fire sound completely from the gunspec, and handle the firing sound through a script?

3) Will do.

@Scene Commander:

A large level, huh? I'll see what I can do. If nothing else I may need you to make a sample level for me to test with.

The one and only,

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
A large level, huh? I'll see what I can do. If nothing else I may need you to make a sample level for me to test with."

To be honest, I haven't been able to replicate this issue outside of my Mod contest entry which uses a fair bit of custom media, so maybe the problem is in the media rather than the Mod/Engine, and given the amount of media it could be difficult for me to send you the level to test. Maybe I'll try a rebuild first.
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 00:04 Edited at: 10th Apr 2009 00:06
Hello Plystire!

Sorry to bother again with my questions, but i'm having some problems. Oh, and i have a few suggestions. Ignore them if they are simply non-sense.

1) I'm having problems with the 1.09 version of FPSC and your mod. Sometimes, although now it's very often, the mapeditor crashes or opens aside from the FPS Creator editor using the X10 icon (very strange!) and then crashes. I haven't tested with 1.07, but i will and let you know.

2) When a gun is fired, a yellow light is created. Is there a way to remove that?

3) It would be good to see a little system in FPSC that, when you get shot, the screen would display a little graphic showing that you got hurt and the shot came from certain angle.

4) Right now, all we have to do to pickup items is walk over them. Which is a little lame. And the very same thing happens in modern games! I don't know if you ever played Deus Ex, but to pickup items, you must focus the crosshair on it, and the item will be highlighted. Then you click with the right mouse button to obtain it. Like this: http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/rpg/deusex/deusex_screen011.jpg (note the border around the girl and her name up there)

Is it possible to have this in your modification of FPS?

5) You should check my "shooting feel" thread, in order to see some suggestions from other members. Maybe, once we discuss it further, some of the features wanted could be implemented. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=148395&b=21

6) Not a question or a request. Camera movements rock! Thank you for adding this possibility in my game.

7) It would be good to add a few possibilities in the mod. For example: allow the game creator to modify different scripts which are executed in different situations. I'm talking about when-player-dies.fpi, when-player-is-shot.fpi, and so on.

Ps.: Is the source of your mod available? If so, what's the price of it?
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 01:02 Edited at: 10th Apr 2009 01:07
Quote: "2) When a gun is fired, a yellow light is created. Is there a way to remove that? "

Yeah, in the gunspec, you have to add a couple lines.

Just change those values to whatever.

Oh, and for number four, that can be done with a bit of scripting.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 01:44
@Scene Commander:

Alright, I was unable to duplicate this occurance so if you find anything out and it turns out that it was not the media and is actually a Mod problem, let me know so we can get it settled.

@Claws:

Quote: "When a gun is fired, a yellow light is created. Is there a way to remove that?"

As Toasty mentioned, change the gunspec and make all of those colors 0 to give a "black" or uncolored light.

Honestly, I love how it lights up nearby entities and segments. It's just so much more realistic. But I can see having a gun that doesn't produce a muzzle flash, so changing it is another great option to have.

Quote: "It would be good to see a little system in FPSC that, when you get shot, the screen would display a little graphic showing that you got hurt and the shot came from certain angle."

Possible already using scripts. I've done this before. Set up 8 HUDs pointing in the 8 directions that fire can come from (front, back, left, right, and the diagonals). Now alter the AI scripts to "capture" their angle from the player's facing direction into a variable when they fire at the player. Now here come a couple options. You can have a single process script handle the showing and fading of the 8 HUDs and only have one HUD activated at a time (really, you'll almost NEVER have two bullets hit you at the exact same time, so this system works quite well). OR you can have the AI scripts altered to handle the 8 HUDs and refreshing of the HUDs on their own (I don't recommend this one as sometimes the different AI scripts can get a bit messed up when accessing the same HUD many times)

All in all, if you're a good scripter and know what you're doing, this is already possible.

Quote: "Right now, all we have to do to pickup items is walk over them. Which is a little lame. And the very same thing happens in modern games! I don't know if you ever played Deus Ex, but to pickup items, you must focus the crosshair on it, and the item will be highlighted. Then you click with the right mouse button to obtain it."

Again, this is already possible with scripts. And, again, I've already done something like this (except I used a keypress instead of the mouse click, but it's all the same on the inside)

I had a process script detect for the key that I wanted the player to push for activating objects in the level, as this was the key the player would use for activating doors, picking up items, interacting with characters, etc. When the player pressed this key (in your case it would be the mouse click) it would "settargetreticle" to set the target as the object the player is LOOKING AT and then "activatetarget=1" which then activated the object.
Now, that will simply make ANYTHING the player looks at and presses the key, activate with a value of 1.

Then I altered door scripts, item pickup scripts, etc, to only do what they're supposed to do IF they are activated with a value of 1. So for weapon pickups (which is what you're talking about) I changed the "plrdistwithin" to "activated=1,plrdistwithin" to make it so the weapon would only get picked up if the player activated it and they were within pickup distance. Also, to ensure that things wouldn't "pre-activate" by pressing the button before they get in range, I added a "activate=0" line to the bottom of the pickup script (and door scripts) to reset the activation value after each "pass" on the script.

There, that's how to do it in a nutshell.

Quote: "You should check my "shooting feel" thread, in order to see some suggestions from other members."

I'll look at it.

Quote: "Not a question or a request. Camera movements rock! Thank you for adding this possibility in my game."

Thank you! I'm glad to hear they're a good addition.

Quote: "I'm talking about when-player-dies.fpi, when-player-is-shot.fpi, and so on."

Using those two as examples, "process scripts" are scripts that run no matter where the player is or what the player is doing.

To set up a "when-player-dies" script:

(Not very hard)

To set up a "when-player-is-shot" is a little harder, but still possible.

Moving on.

Quote: "Is the source of your mod available? If so, what's the price of it?"

If I trust you, $75. If I don't trust you, $350.
(NOTE: I don't trust very many people)

You know, I'm starting to think that not many people truely see the beauty behind FPI and the setup I've made for it.

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 02:15
Quote: "You know, I'm starting to think that not many people truely see the beauty behind FPI and the setup I've made for it. "

Mmph, well, maybe I should bothr learning it first...
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 10:18 Edited at: 10th Apr 2009 10:19
Quote: "2) When a gun is fired, a yellow light is created. Is there a way to remove that? "

Add the settings to gunspec like Toasty said but set to:

MUZZLECOLORR = 1
MUZZLECOLORG = 1
MUZZLECOLORB = 1

If you set to 0,0,0 it will default back to the yellow light.

As a side note, I'm very glad the muzzle flash light is working in 1.08 when in full shader mode. I'd really missed that feature!
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 18:44
I missed a lot, Would you consider me trustworthy? Whatever your answer, it really doesnt matter, I lack DBPro and plugins.

I probably don't see much of the beauty, but at least a little.

Now to work on the compo

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 03:25
I have...

A BUG

Dun dun dun...

Dramatization aside, I noticed this bug while using the model pack 5 desert eagle. When I shoot, the light created by the muzzleflash stays on that area, and if I walk away it is still lit up yellow

Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 04:52
Wow when I saw the replies on this oh my gosh I was amazed. Great video. I would use it but im on the newest version so I dont want to break it. Would I? Should I?

Currently Working On Eternal Overtwist Online Game
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Plystire, have a minor bug to report.

When dualling, if walking while shooting a full auto weapon in one hand, the other non-shooting hand does not play the move animation (I think it is playing the idle animation) but if you run with shiftkey the animation plays correctly. This is easily tested with my new LED lights (download in my 2009 thread).
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 17:41
Nice selfadvertisment Errant

Plystire, have you worked anything on my features? Dont feel forced to do them, just wanted to check

This mod is turning out great. Have Lee showed any interest in this mod?

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 20:11
this mod needs to include a speed increase

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 01:09
It does, but it doesn't have timerbased.

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 05:33
They reason you dont get more FPS despite S4's optimizations is the addition additions to the mod, with eveyhing hes added there is a large toll.

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 05:39
Hey Ply, I'm getting lots of lag from my level.

Maybe 5 rooms (bout 7 segments large) and 7 enemies (that spawn per room). I use the default bumpbone shader and CoZ's new weapon shader. Any idea what's causing the lag?

"March 1st 2009, 12:49pm, a 3 year struggle with cancer ends..."
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 13:23
Probly the enemies, and maybe shaders.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2009 04:54
Sorry for the lack of response, guys.

My computer died last weekend
The new parts should have arrived today but haven't. They'll probably be here tomorrow. However, considering the consistent strain I'm receiving from classes (Grad classes suck...) I may not have much time at all to work on the Mod. This means, that if I do have time to work on it, I'll be doing bug fixes and minor additions only.

Thanks for your patience.
(FYI, I'm on a crap-tastic laptop right now )

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2009 06:19
Pale. Oh well, classwork before fun I suppose, which is why I fail french... that and I sleep in class a lot.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2009 06:58
Quote: "Right now, all we have to do to pickup items is walk over them. Which is a little lame. And the very same thing happens in modern games! I don't know if you ever played Deus Ex, but to pickup items, you must focus the crosshair on it, and the item will be highlighted. Then you click with the right mouse button to obtain it."

There is also a pickobject command in AirMod that allows you to do this. Simply go to where it has "plrdistwithin" in the script and add "pickobject=1" before it. Plystire's method may technically be more efficient but since the AI is staggered based on distance it shouldn't be a problem. Although if you are still TECHNICALLY close enough you may still be able to activate it through a wall, not sure about Ply's suggestion.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 03:49:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 03:49:50