Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 02:52
Will the finished V1.09 be integrated into the Blue mod?

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 02:54 Edited at: 12th May 2009 02:57
@Ply: Any level. I've attached a screenie of the editor view of the level it does it on every time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 02:54
Yes, it will, though because of the extensive changes I made to the system, I am unsure as of right now whether or not all of the features/fixes will make it.

I doubt there will be any fuss from the source, though, so I'm gonna bet that they'll all make it in.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 02:57
@Dar13:

Well, there must be something in the Mod causing the crash, but we need to find out what it is, so let's eliminate a good portion of the Mod and just start with the simplest level possible.

Put some ground down, maybe a 2x2 spot of ground, place the player marker on it, then see ift he game will test.

Lemme know what happens and we can take it from there.

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 03:01
@Ply: same thing. Maybe it's my 5 year-old pc?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 03:02
I still havent tested

Suppose I want the build option, speaking of, how much is a license?

Ply, you should get on windows messenger

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 03:08
@Dar13:

Hmmmm, at what point does it crash exactly? Is there a specific spot in the loading process that it crashes?

@meteorite:

The license costs the same. $20 for the full version and along with that comes the license to sell whatever you make.
Also, as a limited time offer which I placed into effect a couple weeks back: If you have purchased Ply's Mod at any time, you will get a $5 discount from Project Blue.

Why would you want both of them? Well, we all know I have a habit of getting ahead of myself in features. I churn out feature after feature without looking back. I then release this right away. People who have the license to Ply's Mod will get to experience the new features in a fully built game LONG before Project Blue is finished beta testing and bug ridding the new features.

Also, there are features in Ply's Mod that can only be truely experienced in a built game. One of which is the free-roaming feature between levels.

(I am on MSN. I pretty much always am. I just tried adding you)

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 03:41
Ply: Before FPSC-Game.exe starts. It still compiles, but if i forget to save before...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 03:43
Huh... so it isn't the Mod after all.

Well... you may need to try reinstalling V109 (the Official V109) to maybe clean up any files... test it like that, make sure it all works as it should... then install the Mod again.

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 03:45
Ok, then. I don't have time today, but I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks Plystire.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 03:45
No worries. I hope that does teh trick for you.

The one and only,

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 03:50
When I open up FPSC, IT says FPSC v1
but when I look in the files: it says that I'm running V109.012

can I run your mod?
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 04:07
I also suggest cleaning the .bin and .dbo files, Dar13. That can fix many errors, you know .

"Tempo non é só unha teoría, senón unha forza"
Try and figure it out
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 06:02
@Bugsy:

That depends on which version of the Mod you want to use.

V108 and below of the Mod need V1.09 of FPSC - so you should be okay there.

The newest version (beta) of the Mod needs V1.15 of FPSC.

The one and only,

Replay the Master of Time
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 14:19 Edited at: 12th May 2009 14:20
hey plystire i know this is off topic but i wanted a thread i knew i would catch you, who is your website server with?

btw love your mod

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 19:46
Thanks, RMT. The website owner is Bibo4PC. He has so graciously allocated space for site on his server.

The one and only,

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
amazing mate, really cool what you did with the new features, wow just amazing, keep it up

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Gosh, I haven't been referred to as a god since the Lemur days! "

I giggle.

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2009 12:59
i hav some features you could add a first person cover system like the one in killzone 2 if anyones played it.

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 11:38
Dude... do you have any idea how hard that would be?

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 12:01 Edited at: 15th May 2009 12:04
A pic to show some of the progress with the Mod.

This is a picture of what my security camera was seeing.

The image was not doctored outside of FPSC. What you see is as it was during the game.

The "static" on the screen was done using HUDs. The large static "bar" near the bottom was a moving HUD that scrolled down the screen from top to bottom repeatedly.

The camera also rotates from left to right, pauses for a moment, then rotates back, just like a real security camera.

The one and only,

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 13:57
So that's an actual in game shot? Could you change view from one camera to another, say by pressing a button?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 21:56
Yep, all with proper scripting

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2009 02:58
That is correct, Nickydude.

Here's the script for the camera. I just slapped this onto a security camera entity, then when I want to view it, I have another entity activate it.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2009 04:31
I never noticed ur black&white shader thingy with the pic, very clever

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2009 04:32
Thank you.

You'll also notice a new FPI command in the security camera script that's related to that new feature.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2009 04:33
I refered to that
why are we having 2 convos at once?

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 16th May 2009 22:34
Now a while ago I said I was working on a super secret thing called BFPMV109G,then I unveiled it was a big gun showing all features in the latest v109 of Ply's Mod.Now here it is,the screenies you have been all waiting for.Has a cool LCD screenie by the side(camera feature),a sleek .50 Cal machinegun on the side(secondary fire),a cool scope(airmod ironsights),a plasmaball projectile(new projectiles and decals features) and the werid background is the shield as part of the blocking feature.

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

The weapon hits you hard on disk space as the textures take whooping 72mb of space.There is 9 separate textures(new mod feature) and some textures have their own shaders(another feature).The animating will begin tommorow.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.ultimatefpsc.com/[href]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 02:20
Looks good. I hope the animating goes well with it.

You may want to reconsider breaking it into so many textures, cuz that file size is tremendous. If not, you might want to use a different image file type. I suggest using DXT5 compression for .DDS files.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 03:51
72 megs? Holy crap!

Yeah, Im gonna have to get this on my das so I can use it

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Dude... do you have any idea how hard that would be?"

Actually, that wouldn't be too difficult providing you altered the code and ideally were using dark AI, but even without that, it should be fairly simple. Certainly, player cover zones would be very simple.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 06:54
@Scene Commander:

It's not the zoning that would be the issue. It's the fact that people would expect new animations that would flow well with the environment, and that's really not gonna happen because I can't model/texture/animate for the life of me.

On top of this, people prefer their own setup for it. Some people would want it one way while other people would want it another. To account for the different ways people could do it, it would be much harder to implement, and for such a simple and unnecessary feature I think I'm going to spend my time doing something that's easier to implement and will account for a wider range of peoples' interests.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 12:06
Before I lay down for bed tonight, I just wanted to show one little pic.

This is what became of me having fun with the FS3 (Full Screen Shader System)

I don't think any commentary beyond that is required.

Do enjoy!

The one and only,

Attachments

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 12:16
Motion Blur? Whoa, I knew about the black and white, but that's awesome!!!

Hey Ply, I had an idea. Would it be possible to have a camera that always looks at the player's "face" no matter their orientation, and aligns to the nearest thing that's directly in front of them using a raycast?

I was going to use it for a cubemap camera, that could feed the image to cubemapped entities...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 12:47

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 20:32
Looks nice!

Since it seems like youmade some additions for shaders, maybe you could add a new command for the cubemap.

like usecubemap = "the name of the image that reflects"

Then its possible to have the cubemap change from room to room with triggerzones. I bet that would be to hard? Right?

Good work anyways!

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 22:11
Wow. Someone finally got around to looking at full screen shaders in FPSC. Looks very interesting and will hopefully be the way forward for things like heat haze and depth of field.

Ply - Can I just ask what script I need to use and some very basic instructions for controlling the main camera so I can choose where the camera is for a 3rd person game. I want to try and make it the same position as in Resident Evil 4 and 5.

Thanks
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 22:37
Wow, that's nice, you didnt tell me about this

Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 23:45 Edited at: 18th May 2009 00:09
very nice work on the motion blur

a quick suggestion out of nowhere, why don't u add a variable that controls fog distance/density

~Level my Dragon~[/url]
Best Wishes..
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 23:46
Ditto, we lost that ability after you fixed up the dynamic lighting, etc...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 00:55
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

Quote: "Then its possible to have the cubemap change from room to room with triggerzones. I bet that would be to hard? Right?"

I think if I were to get around to that, then I would need to allow changing of any texture. The cubemaps aren't in the same texture spot on all shader so it would be best if the user were allowed to choose which one to swap out.

I'll look into it, but I'm trying to wrap up loose ends for this release.

Quote: "Ply - Can I just ask what script I need to use and some very basic instructions for controlling the main camera so I can choose where the camera is for a 3rd person game. I want to try and make it the same position as in Resident Evil 4 and 5."

I'll see what I can do. I've not played RE4/5 so I'm not sure what the camera's like. If you're going to make a 3rd person similar to RE1, though... you will likely need to change the way the player moves as well. That would be more difficult.

Quote: "a quick suggestion out of nowhere, why don't u add a variable that controls fog distance/density"

I thought that was already possible, but I'll let you know. If I can't find anything to do it, then I'll put it in as it wouldn't be too hard to do.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 00:59
Would the new system allow us to have a camera that always orients at the player model no matter their orientation, and aligns to the nearest thing that's directly in front of them using a raycast? It would be a pretty effective system to feed an image to cubemap shaders...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 01:17
I'm sure it would be very possible, CG, but I'm concerned about the speed issues with doing that. Doing a raycast is a timeconsuming process in itself, and then you'd be copying screen information out of the rendering pipeline, then transfering it over to a texture being applied to an object. That's going to take some serious processing in the end.

I had a better idea for "dynamic cube mapping", though, so don't worry too much about it right now.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 01:23
Ok, I can't wait to see it then...

Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 09:23
Quote: "I thought that was already possible, but I'll let you know. If I can't find anything to do it, then I'll put it in as it wouldn't be too hard to do."

there isn't I can assure u, I've read everytopic on the forum regarding this issue..

~Level my Dragon~[/url]
Best Wishes..
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 09:38
I just checked on it.

It's sort of already possible. And I covered this a while back (probably in a thread that wasn't even about fog )

The "fog" command is not just a toggle to turn it on and off. It works like this:

fog=0 (Turns off Fog)
fog=<something above 0> (Turns on Fog and sets the fog to "begin" at that number of units away from the player)

You see, this is how fog works. It is a GPU technique (believe it or not) and consists of two points. The first point is the distance from the player that the fog "begins". The second point is the point where the fog "ends". Anything in front of the first point is plainly visible. Anything between the two points is effected by the fog and will be harder to see depending on how close it is to the second point. Anything past the second point will not be visible at all.

When you enter "fog=1", FPSC will turn fog on and will set the first point at the player's position. The second point (the point at which nothing will be visible) is determined by where the first point is placed. If the first point is less than 10 segments from the player, the second point will be set to 10 segments away. This means that anything that's further than 10 FPSC segments from the player will not be visible and completely covered by fog. However, if the first point is set to something at or above 10 segments from the player, then the second point will be placed 40 segments away.

So there you have it. That's how fog works. If you want the fog to be denser than it is by setting "fog=1", I will make sure this is possible in the next release. I would suggest you play around with different values in the fog command. The higher the value is, the further the fog will be from the player. Remember that 100 units is equal to 1 segment in FPSC. So "fog=100" will make the fog start 100 units away from the player.

The one and only,

Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 11:38
Ply... I really don't know wut to say... u should be winning a nobel prize soon

~Level my Dragon~[/url]
Best Wishes..
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 13:35
Hmmmm, I could never get that to work, I'll have to try again

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 14:16
Hey, ply, is there a download for your newest mod version with the scrollweel yet? Sorry about how crappy this is, it's 6:15 A.M..

bla bla bla Mr. Freeman
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 13:45
I've been trying to use the camera feature and I don't seem to be able to get it working.

I'm not sure I'm doing any of it correctly. I used the security camera from one of the model packs. I changed its script so it contained the makecamera command and bound the camera to this entity.

I then had another entity where I set the script so that when I walk up to it and pressed a key on the keyboard it would do the viewcam command...

I see in your example that the viewcam command is all in the same script. What should I be doing? I just don't seem to able to get my head round setting up the camera system

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 02:44:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 02:44:11