Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Me, making the code that you already have, would've taken me more than two summers.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 08:41
lol, yeah, but didnt u notice how just plain bad it is? no functions, or anything.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 08:53
@Gil, no problem, really easy using Cinema 4D's 'wind' tool, should be a 'breeze' (oh i'm sorry for the crappy pun) just let me know how powerful you want the turbulances and I can adjust them for you

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 09:03 Edited at: 8th May 2005 09:36
I'm so bad that I couldn't make Pong! (not that I tried to, as my first project)

I even forgot how to use Javascript, which is the first programming language I learned (started learning last August)

And I even made a virus that locked down my computer when I tried to print "hello world"

Also, I can't even get DevC++ to work I'm such a bad programmer!

[Edit]Just thought of another one:

I'm so bad at programming that I can't even remember what I was about to put here.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 11:22
lol, ok, u win (although i dont even know javascript or devC++, lol.
@Seppuku: k, awesome thanks, well worry about that later, for now just work on the other models from the list i gave you, when you can .

Im getting the terrain implemented into the game, and its going pretty well.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 12:48
Check webpage for 3 new island implemention screenshots, port royale terrain is in the game. 2 more on the way. Enjoy

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 13:09
@Seppuku: way later in the post here but I may just get the modeling done with basic texturing and leave the final or finishing touches to you or someone else.

currently working on the body then animations.....interchangeable clothing and accessories will come later once I am happy with the basic package...
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 21:19
@Heckno, yeh I'll do the texturing of the headm could you email it to me, i will also take advantage of face animator and animate his face
to animate his face it is important I only have his head and neck, not the rest of the body

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 03:37
hi, im back now.

trying to look at the new screenies, but i cant access the webpage ..
oh well.. i just bought GuildWars, installing now. gonna play it tonight hopefully ive been waiting for so long to get it, hopefully it will run!

well, ill start working on the talksystem tomorrow after school, tonight i have to test out the game!!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 07:24
Quote: "trying to look at the new screenies, but i cant access the webpage ..
"

Good, i thought it was just me, i was worried, i think its just that the server is down right now, but itll probably be up later .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 08:57 Edited at: 9th May 2005 09:12
btw, the websites back up now, idk what was wrong with it earlier.

@Squids Revenge: Sry but you never replied, do you just want the html for the site? Also what would be the advantage to having it through ur site instead of just having it how it is? (im not trying to sound rude )

EDIT: Also i added two other terrain containing screenshots, so please look. .

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 10:57 Edited at: 9th May 2005 10:58
Tight pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 11:43
cool, glad you like them .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 16:13
wow, now it looks much better
but the terrain texture is a bit blurry..

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 22:58
Quote: "but the terrain texture is a bit blurry.."

yeah, i cant really get it any better though , but upclose it looks fine.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 09:02 Edited at: 10th May 2005 09:04
here, in case anyone doesnt think itll be worth the 30 seconds of their time to go to the website, ill post 2 of the 5 new shots here .
(Click for a bigger image)

(please ignore that random wooden sphere, lol, its kinda confusing on how it got there, but it used to be part of a pole, when i was making objects using lots of primitives, when i was a lot more of a newb and didnt have cs4 , i just forgot to delete it, hehe.)

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 09:14
cool, looking good

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 11:07
thanks .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 16:19 Edited at: 10th May 2005 16:21
hi, ill try to work on the U13 (hehe.. means upgrade 1.3) today.
guild wars has become a problem of mine now.. i cant stop playing it. but when i get time i will see if i can get my mind back to this project.. oh, and exams are closing in, 3-4 weeks left.

ohyeah, and im going to sign up for the puzzle competition, so i will be even more busy...

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 23:01
k, its ok, just dont leave the team .

Quote: "oh, and exams are closing in, 3-4 weeks left."

mine are next week .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 01:52
Don't say that word ahhhhhhh

Hmm study leave starts friday next week (yey we get to soak the teachers!!!)

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm likely to enter the compo, a special version of connect4 and puzzle bobble.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 03:42 Edited at: 12th May 2005 03:45
i just entered a really hard spot with the talk system
it's fun to work when one dont know what the heck to do
i think im the coolest person on earth.
infact i know i am

well, hehe.. yup. yes that is me ok ok ok ok ok ok...

ok

ok ok ok...

is this considered spam??

aaaahh

ehh...

difficult.. very difficult..

edit:
hehe, i just farted smells like.. uhh, well.. sh*t..
muhahahahahahaha.

hi, my name is wiggett.
lukas you look like a girl

but i am cool, yes?

yes, you are very cool

ok oko kok ok...

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Lukas, that personally wasn't funny...stop spamming you spammer, or else i'll make you eat some spam on your spammed sandwich!

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 05:11
I agree with Nitrixik Studios, although I'd make you drink a spam milkshake (they do exist!!!), with a side of spam cupcakes (made this one- smelled fine until I added sprinkles).

Currently working on BlockMan Remix
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 07:44
spam milkshake, isn't that what they but in mc donalds milkshake instead of milk so that its something else on their menu that isn't what it says it is (oh wait I'm thinking of blendered potatoes, how stupid)

Spamming is bad

Spamming is bad

Spamming is bad
I guess I'm a hypocrit

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 08:00
ok, lol, all of that was completely random

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 08:59
Perhaps, but you would have to wait an infinite amount of time just to make sure it isn't reapeated again under similar surcumstances anywhere in the time space contiuem. If you really want to be sure though, you'll have to look infenitely far back into the past, as well as into all of the other infinite dimentions... I bet you think this coment is random as well... BUT WHAT IF I REPEATED IT???

Perhaps, but you would have to wait an infinite amount of time just to make sure it isn't reapeated again under similar surcumstances anywhere in the time space contiuem. If you really want to be sure though, you'll have to look infenitely far back into the past, as well as into all of the other infinite dimentions... I bet you think this coment is random as well... BUT WHAT IF I REPEATED IT???

etc. on for ever and ever...

Currently working on BlockMan Remix
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, Sep, I'm a mod:

YOUR SIG IS WAY TO BIG!!!(sorry if that affended you, mods.)

Okay, inventory is done. It'll be sent 2nite. right now i'm eatting a spam sandwich, with a side of spamtatoes, along with a spam full of spam milk, and some spammable cheese. Yum!!! (actually not, but i'm sure all those exist)

Heck NO! any progress on the professional-volunteered-quality-model?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 13:32
Hey all,
I put together a little showcase of some items i came up with today, that will hopefully be in the game. (BTW, seppuku, if u have already made any of these items, well uses urs, cause im sure their tons better ).

View of all.

Closeup of axe.

Closeup of chessboards (marble and wooden).

Closeup of hammer.

Yes i know, they arent very good, but at least you can tell what they are (i think ), and im not much of a modeller, hehe. Ill agree with everyone that says the saw is terrible , although, if i do say so myself, the chessboards, axe and hammer arent too bad. All this was made in CS4, in case anyones wondering . Just thought id keep u busy with some more screenshots, enjoy .

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll I can say is, you're a better modeler than programmer (i'm not trying to be insulting, but those models ROCK!!!!!) They're better than anything I've ever done.

Side note:

does anyone konw if the 3d canvas trial is allowed to be used for models for the compo?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 17:06
Quote: "does anyone konw if the 3d canvas trial is allowed to be used for models for the compo?
"

i dont know, but why shouldnt it be allowed?

wickedly sweet models you got there Gil.
better than what i can do. when i get home again, i can show you the best and the worst model i have ever done, just to have some fun screenshots are great. they make me feel good

oh, and im stuck with the talk system.
like this:
[background]
i came here with a boat
i told you allready, i came here with a boat.

[family]
i have a dad and mom and two sisters.

so, here we have 2 lines for 'background' and 1 live for 'family'.
what i dont know is how the heck could i make the....

wait...

i think i.. ....yes. i think i have an idea .

ill post later! peace

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 22:07
there sig changed, soz for the inconvenience

http://seppukuarts.dbspot.com
Ronin is back on production yey!!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 23:09
Thanks for the compliments on the models guys , i didnt think they were that great and would get a good response, hehe .

@Lukas: K, cool, if you cant find out whats wrong just post back and ill try to help you.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 23:47
K, ive updated the island terrain, it was crooked compared to the buildings, the buildings were at like a 45 degree angle to it. Ive posted two screenshots of it on the website, but ill put them here as well:

(sry about the grass in that one, its not the right size, ill fix that )

(but i did fix the random sphere in this one )

Not much of a difference, unless ur playing the game, but o well, thought id post some screenshots of it anyways. Enjoy .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 02:43 Edited at: 13th May 2005 02:55
it is looking a bit better now

Quote: "ill post later!"

i had a great idea, and had to think over it. (can you belive im working on this even in school )
instead of using two lines, which is what im having problem with, in the txt file.. what about making the line like this:

from
[background]
i came here with a boat
i told you allready, i came here with a boat.

to
[background]
i came here with a boat||i told you allready, i came here with a boat.

[edit]
where || will mean 'new sentence'.
so the program means that the next 'sentence' should only be said if ex. background = 1.
know what i mean?
[/edit]

that would make it easier to make a function that automatically get.. blah blah.. and we can still inc, argument variable by '3'. instead of increasing it by '3' then sudenlly '4' etc. etc.
then everything would have been done manually, because i cant think of a way to make a function for it.
but as the game progress, perhaps well figure something out, because the line(s) will be pretty long

--

im uploading some screenshots of some models i have in the past
they might be usefull, but rather not. because they suck

EDIT:
here they are:

axe, bow, grass, big house and small house

human model, street lamps, pistol and shotgun, rock, inventory and weapon shop, a sign

a sword, a tree and a well

please note that these objects are originally .3ds objects,
and dbpro cant load 3ds objects, so i had to convert them to .x objects.
that is why some objects are untextured, when all objects should be textured

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
DBPro is supposed to load 3ds

Anyways, mind if I advertise my game here? I'm almost done with half of the level editor...

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 05:39
hmm, i cant open 3ds files

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
ya, mine doesn't, but DBP says it supports those files....

okay, i have enough progress done that i don't need an advertiser...at least my level editor should be enough...

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 08:57 Edited at: 13th May 2005 08:57
@Lukas W: ok, that sounds good, so its bugged with more than one line, so you just want to do it on one line? Sounds good. For the models, theyre better than mine, lol, but there just a different style than im looking for in the game , sry. Hope ur not offended, theyre good models, just not the right style.

@Nitrixik Studios: I dont care if u advertise, although ud probably get more traffic with a WIP thread .

EDIT:
@Heckno: havent heard from u in a while, u still around? How goes those awesome models?

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
(thinks about which side to take)

The models are different styles, both good for different occasions. just so u know, my models are ten quadrillion times worse than the quality of either of your models, i'm not even gonna post...

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 11:39
lol, yeah, that axe is pretty close to the style, and im not saying there bad models, there a lot better than mine, theyre just a different style .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 12:00 Edited at: 13th May 2005 12:17
ok, ive made 3 videos using fraps, each 30 seconds (as long as i can with it), and they are so incredibly exciting (i say this with sarcasm), because you get to watch me walk around aimlessly in a part of port royale for 1 minute and 30 seconds!!! (cheering). seriously though, once we get this talk system and inventory system implemented itll be awesome! . I also have 4-5 buildings that havent been put in the game yet. So, now the problem comes...how do i let u watch them from my website? are there such things as "video hosters"?

EDIT: K, i found a site hopefully itll work. For some reason attachements wont work for me on here though.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 16:23
dont worry about my models i didnt make them for this game anyway. i made them for one of my first games ever 'Enric The Knight' so i tried to make them as 1300ish as possible.
or when was it we had knights with swords and bowmens, huge kingdoms etc. etc. was that in the 1300/1400?

i think the models you are lokoing for should be 1700 style?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 23:22 Edited at: 13th May 2005 23:23
Quote: "huge kingdoms etc. etc. was that in the 1300/1400?"

that was actually the "Renaissance" period (New Awakening), and the knights and armor stuff was from about 600 AD-1100 AD .

Quote: "
i think the models you are lokoing for should be 1700 style? "

yeah 1600-1700's. We are actually setting this a bit late, considered "Port Royale" was mostly destroyed by an earthquake and tsunami in 1692, then when the remaining citizens tried to rebuild it a fire destroyed everything but the fort in 1704 (kinda depressing, huh?.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 01:13 Edited at: 14th May 2005 01:30
ahh, ok

i think i have found us another team member; he asked if there was anything he could do, i said i dont know; i have to ask Gil. so here i am.

he sais he can do house models, and terrain landscapes pretty well.
so should we give him a go?

edit:
This was the 500 post!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 07:45
Sure sounds great, why doesnt he post here? I think he could help with houses, if he can keep with the style , but i got the landscapes. Theres also a lot of programming to do.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 08:28
yeah, i dont know why he didnt want to post

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 08:31
hmmm...ok, hehe, dang ur on late, i usually have to wait another day for a reply from you, hehe. Isnt it like 12:30AM there right now? Then again, it is Friday . ONE MORE WEEK OF SCHOOL!!!!

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 08:50
hehe yeah im staying up late tonight. (im home alone , its scary)
its 12:49am at the momento

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 21:38:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 21:38:14