Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 20:56
@nitrixik
you are talking about this?
Quote: "Lukas, don't forget to populate the "versions", i'd only do that as 1 version for now (per item),"

im not sure i understand what you mean by that

and i have not done anything with the inventory yet.
i haven't had time to take a look at it yet
still in deep thoughts with the talk system, i feel im so close

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 23:48
ok the v1.3 is done

i emailed you Gil

@nitrixik
im starting to look at the Inventory now.
hmm, im not quite sure i understand what it is you have done lol
but you have written 'THE' inventory right?
so like, i have to make it so we can pick up objects and your code will handle them inside the inventory..
do you have a grid system etc. so if inkey = i, then the inventory pop up and all objects are drawn to the screen inside a box, or what is it.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I meant this:

Quote: "just set the array:

Items(1).versions = 1
Items(1).objType = 12 `weapon-sword
Items(1).version1.name = "Crude sword of the Falls"
Items(1).version1.spritenum = 1
Items(1).version1.amount = 1

Add the following code in the function get_item() after it calls placeInven():

and place this at the start of get_item():

that should take care of what i was just complaining to myself about..."

that code displays the name of the item you picked up.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 04:34 Edited at: 18th May 2005 05:38
@GogetaX: Ok, cool, good luck with it, sry we couldnt use u.
@Lukas W: Cool, ill check it out right now.

Exams started today!! I have 2 each day this week. Had Art 1 pre-AP and Honors World Geography. I got a 96 on my Geography exam . Dont know about art, but it was incredibly easy, 2 of the answers for the multiple choice with a total of 4 answers were things like "I cant remember", hehe. I get out at 1:10 this week, hehe. Im gonna go eat, im starving, then ill check that talk system .

EDIT: looked at the talk system, looking good . I didnt see where the if...then statement worked, but ill mess around with it and try it out . Thanks

@Nitrixik Studios: Are you done with the inventory system, cause if so i have like 6 other things you could start on if you want .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 07:00
I feel sorry for you gil, and I feel sorry for myself too, the week before last was Art (10 hrs!) 2 weeks before that was German speaking, this thursday is german listening and my other exams only a couple weeks away.

Poor you, you start yours first (but then you finish first meaning you get a longer holiday, right?)

http://seppukuarts.dbspot.com
Ronin is back on production yey!!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 08:25
hehe, thanks .

@Lukas W: youve got mail.

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 08:50
Quote: "
@Lukas W: youve got mail"

what are you, the AOL lady?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 08:58
lol, its a man for me . I hate that annoying thing, lol.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@nitrixik
im starting to look at the Inventory now.
hmm, im not quite sure i understand what it is you have done lol
but you have written 'THE' inventory right?
so like, i have to make it so we can pick up objects and your code will handle them inside the inventory..
do you have a grid system etc. so if inkey = i, then the inventory pop up and all objects are drawn to the screen inside a box, or what is it.
"

Didn't see that...all you need to do is call the first function as the parameter for the second function. I have what picks the objects up, it needs though a "if inkey = i" thing. For now, just do "print Inventory(1).name"

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 17:43
@Nitrixik
Post 1: ok
Post 2: ahh, ok ok. thanks ill have a play around with it when i get home from school.

@Gil
hehe, right after i sent you the code, i found out how to make talk bubbles on the NPC's head. (thanks to David T)
so ill send you it again when i get home

oh, and about the If.. Then thingy: it might be a little hard to use it. but just follow these rules and it should be allright:

Quote: "
* txt file has a Title and a String.. This means:
[Title]
String
* Title does not have to be written with '[ ]'
* txt file MUST end with [END]
* every string must end with ||
* to make a new line use ||
ex:
[Example]
This is a Example||This is a new Line||This is the Last Line||
* To use the If.. Then:
[Example]
(Line 1)This is a Example||(Line 2)This is a new Line||(Line 3)This is the Last Line||

if string$="[Example]" then NPC( id ).Talk = 'name of the function i dont remember'( Line, ArgumentNr )

say [Example] is nr 8 in the txt file.
ArgumentNr would then be 8.
say you want Line 2 to be written.
Line would then be 2.
"

do you understand
kind of hard to explain really

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 23:14
i think i understand it . Thank, ill try it out .

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I get it, kool system!

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 04:35
made it through another day of exams . Now im gonna eat . @Lukas W: Is there any way we could get it not to print the || thing at the end and beginning of each sentence in the game?

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 06:46
I dont have time to send you 1.3a today really sorry.
ill to work out a way to remove the ||'s, dont worry

@Nitrixik
i never sent it to you, do you want it??
i can send it to you when i send it to Gil, tomorrow. (hehe, i guess that will be tonight over there in USA? )

well, id better go to bed

here in norway we have exams in: Norwegian, History, English, Computers (since i go the ICT line).
so if we are lucky we only have to take the 'Computers' exam.
because there is a computer that picks 3 random classes in the whole school, and only 7 students from those classes will have to do the Norw. Engl. and History Exam..

dont know if it works the same way over there in USA, but its so cool to know you have a chance to NOT do the exam.

last year i had to take a Math exam. (exam = test in norway)
i got a 5 out of 6 on that one quite proud of that

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 07:23 Edited at: 19th May 2005 07:23
oh right, exam = test, I was gonna say random exams aren't exactly fair
(then again exams aren't fair full stop)

Eep German Higher Listening exam tommorrow morning, ICH BIN MUDE!!!!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 08:12
@Lukas W: You just get randomly picked to take a test? Lol, that stinks! np about sending the 1.3a version . Ill look at it in the morning before school. I emailed you , hopefully youll have emailed me back by tomorrow morning . And whats
Quote: "since i go the ICT line"
? Is it like an honors system? Like AP or IB? (I think those are only US though, except for IB might be worldwide )

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
ya,

exams (the finals) are in two weeks for me...last week of school here.

random tests?! TIGHT! we have to sit in a jail cell with a flashlight with a battery that is almost out of power and do a 3.5billion page test, everyone in his/her own jailcell, it suks.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 08:14 Edited at: 19th May 2005 08:17
Quote: "random tests?! TIGHT! we have to sit in a jail cell with a flashlight with a battery that is almost out of power and do a 3.5billion page test, everyone in his/her own jailcell, it suks.
"

lol, we all just have to take a test, and we get different forms sometimes, so we dont cheat .

EDIT: hehe, posted the last message the exact same time as nitrixik

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
that makes no sense...you posted at the same time as me, but you copied/pasted my stuff into your body....

ya, for our ISEE's a few years ago we had different forms, but my school just takes tests lightly, we don't exactly bother making different forms, we are just spreaded out.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 11:37
Quote: "that makes no sense...you posted at the same time as me, but you copied/pasted my stuff into your body...."

no i didnt . Im talking about these two, i didnt quote you in it
Quote: "Gil Galvanti
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Lukas W: You just get randomly picked to take a test? Lol, that stinks! np about sending the 1.3a version . Ill look at it in the morning before school. I emailed you , hopefully youll have emailed me back by tomorrow morning . And whats
Quote: "since i go the ICT line"
? Is it like an honors system? Like AP or IB? (I think those are only US though, except for IB might be worldwide )

Edit Post Back to top

Nitrixik Studios
User

ya,

exams (the finals) are in two weeks for me...last week of school here.

random tests?! TIGHT! we have to sit in a jail cell with a flashlight with a battery that is almost out of power and do a 3.5billion page test, everyone in his/her own jailcell, it suks.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
"

Quote: "we don't exactly bother making different forms, we are just spreaded out."

thats what we do in biology, hehe. Somebody stole the last test so everyone had to retake it though! . O well, still got an 89 on it.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Our teachers don't care about the technicalities, if someone steals a test, big whooop, that person gets a 0 and everyone else gets a new test.

AP is stuff that gets you college credit in highschool,

i wish i could keep talking here, but got a 10 para essay that i need to write for tomorow.....

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 13:25
Quote: "Our teachers don't care about the technicalities, if someone steals a test, big whooop, that person gets a 0 and everyone else gets a new test."

No, they dont know who stole it hehe, so that person couldve administered it to others, giving them the answer. So we had to retake a new version of the test, hehe.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 21:32
lol, how wicked!!
we have same system as Nitrixik: the cheater gets 0, have to leave.
but we dint get a new test. hehe, i think well have the same test as last year or the year before that

ICT = Information and Communications technology

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 22:34 Edited at: 19th May 2005 22:42
Quote: "i think well have the same test as last year or the year before that"

o, hehe, well im talking about a test not the final exam, thankfully .
@Lukas W: i sent u an email

STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 22:36
Ah yes ill be up for some midyear exams in 2 weeks (sigh)
I can handle graphics and multimedia, but i arent any good at english/physics/methods

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<->GLADIATOR ARENA<<
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
midyear?! does the south and north hemispheres not use the same time for school?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2005 05:13 Edited at: 20th May 2005 05:18
Quote: "midyear?! does the south and north hemispheres not use the same time for school?
"

From what ive learned in "Spanish" in south america, our winter vacation is their summer vacation, and our summer vacation is their winter vacation, hehe. (Might be true with australia and part of africas also

EDIT: @Lukas W: Im on AIM

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2005 16:15
sorry i was really busy yesterday, so didnt get time to send the file.
also something happened with on of the computers so i cant go online (and the windows menu bar, where the start button is doesnt show, so i have to work with only windows, its a mess:S)

ill try to send it today though.
and ill try to find a way to remove the ||'s.
sorry about that

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2005 23:20
np . LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!

BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2005 07:20
luck you ive got 2 more days

james bond rules and star wars
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I have next week, the week after that, and a couple days after that, June 6

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2005 14:39
haha, i feel sry for u . So if ur done with the inventory system, you could get started on some other things, if u want.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2005 19:25
Gil, your last day was yesterday, so was mine!!! (obviously I have to go back for exams and results) My head of year got up with the year 11 band and tried to sing Boys of the Summer (emphasis on 'tried') and he showed a video of himself and other teachers doing the half monty (half because, well we obviously don't want to see the lot)
and well it was good, i'm sure u gil had some fun on your last day

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2005 20:12
wow, you quitted yesterday and nitrixik quits June 6st...
i quit June 21st!!

anyway, i sent the talk system.

updates:

Thats all for now folks.

@Gil
if there is not much left to do on the Talk System.. perhaps just a few bugs, if you can find some.. i would like to know what else i could start on

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 00:01
Quote: " i'm sure u gil had some fun on your last day"

Hehe, well not really, i had Spanish 1 (easy) and Honors Geometry (pretty hard) exams, hehe.

@Lukas W. cool, looks good.
Quote: "if there is not much left to do on the Talk System.. perhaps just a few bugs, if you can find some.. i would like to know what else i could start on "

sure, if i find more bugs ill tell you . I guess you could work on implementing the Talk System into the game (not having very much luck with that, hehe), and then i have about 6-7 other things that could be done

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 00:40
well not everyone gets a fun day at the last day, hard luck

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 00:49
ok, but i would need the newest version of the game source to do that

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 04:47
Quote: " ok, but i would need the newest version of the game source to do that "

alright, i think u should have a fairly updated version, ill send one to u today or tomorrow . Thanks.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 07:44 Edited at: 22nd May 2005 07:45
> i think u should have a fairly updated version
yay!

>ill send one to u today or tomorrow
yipie, i cant wait!! hooray for you gil. youre the man. aight??

ok i know im boring to you guys but dont blame me.
put it on the list for i am what ive become and thats why you shouldnt blame me for who i am but to who thus i look like.

i just saw the best pictures on getaway for ps3. looks like a ordinare street photo taken wuith a digital camera.

yeah well, if you feel like taking a shower thats okey now, do it... you, do it?

ahh... screw it. im high

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 08:45
hehe, u sure ur alright? lol

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 19:26
doh! forget about that post

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 00:05
hehe

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 06:12
Sry, i havent done much this weekend, i cant do much, im at my cousins house

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 06:22
ive been to... tired.. to do anything this weekend
tomorrow i have band practising and the day after tomorrow i will probably go see star wars ep3 or something. but on wednesday i will be able to 'work'.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 06:52
Looks like we've all been lacking doing stuff, the only thing I've done with 3D this weekend is following a character modelling tutorial, I just did a face in C4D, looked to triangulated, half way throught it I realised how to make the polygons into squares instead of triangles in polygon modelling (I am useless with C4D at the moment)so I carried on with that and it looks crap! (has a couple of splines problems and too triangulated) And thid week I can't do much, i got a couple of exams and need to revise, next week its half term and I am going on a small holiday and will be revising for the exams after, any extra spare time will go on fun and 3D modelling (Mostly fun ) so expect more work after exams from me

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 08:55
@Lukas W: ok, hehe, sounds good . Episode III is awesome .
@Seppuku:hehe, k, cool.

600th post!!!

STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 10:35
601st POST!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<->GLADIATOR ARENA<<
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 18:18
meh what the heck lets join in with the crowd and look cool (or a weirdo)

602nd!!! Eepp best revise german reading exam tomorrow gulp

Ach Schisse!

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 20:19
welly welly, looks like im the coolest person on the team
neh.. well its not cool to but it was saturday afterall, and we (my band) had nothing to do.. lol ill be alone whole next week so we will probably do it again .

ill have lots of time to work on this project since my brother will not be at home and ill have the computer for myself 24/7 minus the hours im at school.

eeh...

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 00:29
some of us are lucky

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 08:26:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 08:26:46