Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 09:10
ahh...i see . Can you ask that guy if he'll post?

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
home alone? i'm that, and i'm not scared. The only time i got scared at night was like a month or two when i was in the middle of HL1, I thought robbers would come......so i stopped playing HL......

Okay, about to send you all the inventory.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 10:02
hehe, i get scared at night when im alone, every sound seems like someones breaking in, lol. Cool cant wait for the inventory

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, ya, Gil, pretty much it gets all of the data from the object selected and then puts that data into the inventory, with the only visible thing being the spritenum. Lukas, don't forget to populate the "versions", i'd only do that as 1 version for now (per item), and you'll need to set "strt_Inventory" (mandatory) and "end_Inventory" (optional, but boosts speed)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 10:34
k, cool, so how would i set object properties and stuff with it?

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
just set the array:

Items(1).versions = 1
Items(1).objType = 12 `weapon-sword
Items(1).version1.name = "Crude sword of the Falls"
Items(1).version1.spritenum = 1
Items(1).version1.amount = 1

Add the following code in the function get_item() after it calls placeInven():

and place this at the start of get_item():

that should take care of what i was just complaining to myself about...

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 11:42
wow, im confused, theres functions in there that dont exsist, and then where does it say the things you just said

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
?? I said PUT that code in there...and the top part is how i answered your question. and the functions are there...i don't get what you just meant

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 12:34
lol, sry, functions dont exsist like these:

o, ok, so i put this:

there?
im not sure what u mean by set the array .
(told u ur a better programmer than me )

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Items() is an array, not a function.

get_name is the very last function on the sheet.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 12:53
ok, and how do we define variables like this?

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
They're types within types. Put everything down to the end of the globals (object_Info) at the top of the file, and put the rest on the bottom.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Gil Galvanti "

are u searching for 3d modeler?

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 20:38
@ Gil, I week weew I know the feeling, then back for exams then outta the hell hole!!! Oh and we get to soak the teachers next friday and have a water fight, Oh and soz nothing new yet, I think I may of said that I'm picking at other projects at the moment (eg. One week ronin, another rush, one week competition for 3Dworld mag and one week for pirates)

http://seppukuarts.dbspot.com
Ronin is back on production yey!!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 23:41 Edited at: 14th May 2005 23:45
Quote: "are u searching for 3d modeler?
"

Sure , you must be the guy Lukas was talking about. What would u like to model? People, objects, buildings, animals? All i ask is that u stay true to the style of the game (realistic, not cartoony)

@Seppuku:
Quote: "Oh and we get to soak the teachers next friday and have a water fight,"

cool, lol.

Quote: "I think I may of said that I'm picking at other projects at the moment "

Yeah, its cool, just dont want you to leave the team

EDIT: No luck on finding somewhere to host those videos, theyre huge, for some reason. They're like 328MB each. The max ive found for free hosting is 20MB.

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 06:45
@Gil: still alive, just been busy with work.....My advice to the youngins "Stay in School, Forever!!!"
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 07:04
@Heckno: ok, lol, cool.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 07:53
@Lukas and @Nitrixik Studios: Youve got mail.

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 07:54
Gil, Here throw this x model "palm tree" into some scenes for posting....

Gotta work on my nuts abit more - coconuts i mean

next post has the model

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 07:55 Edited at: 15th May 2005 07:58
here is the model - guess i should get some web service so I can put the picture right up here ....

crap wrong model.... next post should be the right one

Attachments

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 08:08
this one should be ok, may need to scale it since I dont know the world ratio

Attachments

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 08:57 Edited at: 15th May 2005 09:00
wow! once again, im amazed and glad at how well you followed the style of the game . I was afraid of a typical short little cartoony palm tree, but this is awesome! I was planning on buying tree magic to make trees, but this one looks even better than the one with tree magik, lol! (i just have the demo)

EDIT: sry, but how do i make them .x? theyre online files with a bunch of numbers right now.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 11:19
btw...@GogetaX
u there?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 19:21
@Gil, Zipping up my files, if you have any problems with them in the program (ie Textures, Bump maps etc.) then contact me

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 19:33
Click on download, wood texture is included, as i said let me know of any problems
.zip file

Attachments

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 19:51 Edited at: 15th May 2005 19:53
Quote: "What would u like to model? People, objects, buildings, animals?"

well i can make buildings, maps(terrains) well and simple objects.. i just trained to make landscapes..
here is some pictures..

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 23:17
cool

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 00:07 Edited at: 16th May 2005 00:38
@Seppuku: Cool, thanks.
@GogetaX: Wow! thats cool! So i guess you want to do buildings? If so, ill email you the building list for the game.

EDIT: Actually, do you think you could do the fort? I can send you the layout for it.

EDIT2: @Seppuku: Youve got mail

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 01:36 Edited at: 16th May 2005 01:40
well Gil, email me (sergy100@netvision.net.il) and then tell me what exactly should i build..

actualy, the previews screenshots was a part of my game

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 03:26
k, ill email u this afternoon or evening

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Lukas, you dissappear?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
heh.. i guess he playing in my game now ^^

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 09:00 Edited at: 16th May 2005 09:58
Gil, shoot me an email then I can forward work files directly to you instead of trying to post them here all the time....

nm - gonna send them to NS

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
If you emailed them to me (email below) then I could forward them to Gil while still seeing them...

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 11:07
@GogetaX: Ok, sry i decided that i didnt want you to do the fort, cause i have such a detailed picture of it in my mind, that even by looking at the fairly detailed map ive drawn, it would be hard for anyone but me to get it how i want it . You can still help with other buildings though. Ill try to get it worked out this week though on what you can do, cause certain buildings need to be certain shapes and stuff (ive drawn the maps of the island).

@Heckno: my email is compkid328@aol.com if you want to just directly send it to me, and you could also send it to other team members, but it wouldnt have to be forwarded to me .

@Nitrixik: Lukas is on a different time schedule, he lives in Norway so about 3-4 in our afternoon, hes going to bed, and about 12-3AM hes getting up. So hes really only awake at the same time as us for about 6 hours, and probably only about 2-3 hours if u exlude work/school from that . He didnt post his yesterday, our last night i guess, hes probably busy cause he has exams coming up and stuff.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 11:43
btw, im just wondering, is anyone following this thread besides the team? Im wondering how many people are interested in the game . Ive now put the website in my sig, after my wonderful speech about video games , so if you just look here you dont have to look around for the webpage . (I had to cut some things out of my awesome quote to fit that in there, so use it ). If your interested in the game, or following it please post just saying so. Id just like to know if anyone else is actually following or interested in the game . Also if uve visited the website please post as well. If youve done both, followed the game/are interested in it and visited the website please say so as well . Thanks.

-Gil Galvanti

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@Gil Galvanti, just send me some pictures of how the buildings need to be in email..

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
to tell the truth Gil, i dont even care about the team or about the project.. i just want to make some buildings to be better in that

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 00:46
just thought id post so you know im still here

things are doing great, yes its true what Gil says, and i also have alot of other stuff to do, like guitar practising (my band sucks, i want to do something about that, mostly because i suck hehe, and we played the same songs for 5months now, too lazy to statrt something new,hehe) 18days until the big exam!! i need to be prepared dont want fail it, when computer is my future...

i have also been working on the talk system, havent had a chance to look at the inventory yet.

here is the buglist i have for talk system: (so i have quite a lot to do with it )

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
did you get my email?

@Gil:

Are you taking the "average" US time? if not, then I'm asleep while he's at work/school, I wake up when he gets home, I'm at school when he's having dinner, and I'm on the computer when he's asleep. (those are approximations, but they're about right)

@Leys (just incase he's reading this thread):

want payback to that person who helped ruin the project? i have his IP kept and my friend wants some networking practice...

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 04:50 Edited at: 17th May 2005 05:34
@nitrixik
yup i got your email.

you posted that post at 19:10. (im my timezone)
i post this message at 20:50 (hehe so i have to wait one minute before posting.. its 20:49 atm..)

edit:
whats the time i posted this message on your computer, if i may ask??

edit2:
@team
can i have your msn if you have??
we might find some time when all members are online, and we could have a meeting once a day or something, where we report what has been done?? what do you guys say?

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a private AIM and a public YIM, only the public is availible to yall. You posted at 13:50 (you posted in your time at...8:50? yep, ur havin dinner while i'm at stupid school... ;(

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 07:13
time zones are a pain in the ass, I can barely speak to some one in japan who I started talking to, to improve my japanese and for them to improve their english but the stupid time zones gave us awkward times so we kinda gave up lol, I'll carry on using a book lol.

Anyway is this vengeance I hear, man I love getting vengeance on evil people, but I've never been good at doing it over the net, (although on runescape me and a friend were going to gang up on this scammer and steal his stuff in the wilderness a while back, but they got away lol)

I know one of you 2 could stay up to the early hours of the morning on a friday or saturday or holiday (so you don't fall asleep in lessons or something like that...funny i should say that last week my friend fell asleep in assembly lol, goes to show how boring it is)

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 08:01
@Lukas W: looking good, cant wait till its finished . Thanks.
Quote: "can i have your msn if you have??
we might find some time when all members are online, and we could have a meeting once a day or something, where we report what has been done?? what do you guys say?
"

Thats a good idea, in the summer ill be able to get on most anytime (except when im on vacations, of course )
My AIM is compkid328 or compkid32890 (usually i use the first one )

@Nitrixik Studios:
Quote: "Are you taking the "average" US time? if not, then I'm asleep while he's at work/school, I wake up when he gets home, I'm at school when he's having dinner, and I'm on the computer when he's asleep. (those are approximations, but they're about right)
"

I was just estimating using my time zone (central) but even across the US, say from California to New York, theres only like a 3-4 hour difference (i think ). Yeah, but what you said sounds about right, as im posting this, Lukas is most likely asleep, and i just got home from school, it should be almost 11:00PM his time.

@Seppuku: hehe, yeah time zones are annoying. I dont think wed need to stay up late, since summer's coming up, we could probably all work out a time. You and Lukas could get on at your afternoon (about 5:00 your time) and me and Nitrixik could get on in the morning, and then we could get in on our early afternoon and you in your night.

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 08:49
could do, I'll have nothing to do after exams apart from go down to the rec centre, do karate and other things, so I'll have loads of time to work on projects, well that will be until september, when I start 6th form or college

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
On tue-thur, during school, i'm usually on between 11:10 to 11:45 (central) and am also on at 13:50-14:30 (central) and then on again at 6:30-bed(11:30) (central, PM)

don't care about taking time to calculate the rest...

but I can't get on in the early morning, I get up early and then have a train to catch.

I summer, don't quite have a schedule planned, but hope to take a robotics course at my school (so when I go into the club next year, i'll be at least paritally known)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 09:29
k, cool.

@Team: Youve got mail.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
swat to the rescue! um....lukas, when you get up and get on this page, please post what has been done with the inventory code, (and remember to add what I had posted on the previous page)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 09:36
@GogetaX: Im sry, but i dont think we could use u right now , unless you can do something besides model buildings. Itd be too hard to get the style i want and match the style with the buildings ive already made. Also the buildings need to be certain shapes and stuff, and i need things inside them, itd just be too hard. Sry, good luck though. If youd like to do something besides model buildings, then you could .

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@Gil Galvanti: well i already working on my NEW project.. so i guess ill be bussy..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 07:49:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 07:49:46