Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 01:41
@Lukas: Just dont get addicted . It can ruin ur life . Also im on AIM right now, and probably will be most of the day, ive emailed you as well .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 02:13
i know i know, we are caerfull. hehe, but its fu... nah..

ok. i saw those emails at school today, i read them then. i couldnt think of anything to say, so i didnt reply

yah, i know its great to be home alone. to have the computer for myself is so cool.

i cant see you on msn or anything.. and i cant add you as a buddy.
i think id just get aim.. or gaim.. which supports yaim, msn, aim and some more stuff.. hmm, now thats an idea

k, im downloading gaim, then ill make a aim account.

btw, i need to go in 40min.. we have band practise, and are probably gonna plan the weekend yeye, there is this cool 80's song we learned, now we are going to punk it up a little

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 02:17
allright im on aim (gaim).

my s/n is 'lukasw0101'

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 05:02
U still alive, Nitrixik Studios? . Havent seen one of ur posts for almost a page

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry. This is an automated message. It seems that the person you are trying to connect to is out of reach. Please re-dial and try again.

*bzzz*

just trying to get my game working.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 14:06
lol, k

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
607! Ya, baby, ya!!!

Lukas, how's the inventory coming?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 17:02
inventory. ya.. i dont understand anything actually.

ive been trying to make a object, position it somewhere.
using your function to select it an click it to place it in inventory.
but the function cannot seem to find it, or i havent done it correctly.
ive also printed to screen what items i haev in the inventory, but it gets no response. so i dont know what to do actually.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 21:45
laa dee daa, 609

http://seppukuarts.dbspot.com
Ronin is back on production yey!!
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 22:00
if i write a post like this is it considered spam?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2005 01:52
I dunno, I think you should try this and it'll be considered spam, its not really that you're asking a question, questions gotta be answered (exept rhetorical ones) then its not a useless post therefore its not spam, or I am I being a complete idiot

This is spam;

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2005 01:53
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Blah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah Blah BlahBlah BlahBlah Blah Blah Blah!!!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2005 01:56
lol, hows the models coming Seppuku? anything new to show us? Also,looks like Heckno decided to drop out of sight for a while again, he just kinda pops in , o well, hopefully he'll come back .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2005 01:58
heckno is like heck no!! heheeee....

ya, i think he'll com back, he doesnt look to be on the forum at all; i havent seen him lately.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2005 01:59
k, hehe, could u get on AIM, since it looks like ur on the comp right now?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2005 02:26
Gil I would have more but unfortunatly I am doing exams at the moment, I'm sorry I can't provide with any just yet, I might be able to get a little done next week being half term, but my mum keeps nagging me to get some exercise, I'm getting a little overweight now that I sit at a computer doing 3D stuff recently, I might go down to the gym too , to shut her up lol (and for my own health of course) so that would be a little less time to do

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2005 02:49
k, np

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2005 07:19
haven't seen a post all day, its a miracle lol, so makes this the bit of spam that brings this post back up

Coal Chamber, System of a down, Devil Driver, Chimaira, Trivium, Nine Inch nails all rock!!!!!!!!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2005 07:42
hehe, ive started on the world editor, barely done anything though.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Lukas, email me with what yuo don't get.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2005 19:34
i emailed you and gil what i have done so you can have a look at it
note that i didnt send any models or textures. you have to use your own

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 01:30
cool, thanks, ill try it out

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 22:50
I'm here, but remember unlike you lucky punks who only have to deal with school & finals I run a small company that requires (sometimes) a great bit of my time...

still working on animations for the first model : completed the aye-aye captain salute, 1/2 done walking animation
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 23:00 Edited at: 27th May 2005 23:01
Hey I got finals too man, of cause i don't run a small company and I got time just to say hello lol

Coal Chamber, System of a down, Devil Driver, Chimaira, Trivium, Nine Inch nails all rock!!!!!!!!WIP-Ronin, The Downward Spiral, Ketsueki, Kiyamoto
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 01:39
Quote: "I'm here, but remember unlike you lucky punks who only have to deal with school & finals I run a small company that requires (sometimes) a great bit of my time...
"

Its ok, good luck with it . Just making sure u were still with us .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 07:13 Edited at: 28th May 2005 07:16
K, ive decided to redo the entire world in CShop 4. It should look the same, and shouldnt take too long, because ill just save the buildings ive done as prefabs. Itll be faster and easier to position objects/buildings in CS4, rather than doing math to calculate the position i need to place it in in the world. We still should do a world editor though, because we can use it for putting the different sections of the world together, adding quests, placing people, giving people stats, adding roads, etc. Ive also cleaned up the "setup_world" gosub. Its now just lots of functions, and is a lot more clean, ill send it to yall later. I would send yall the media for the game, but its too large to send through email, its like 300MB and email is only up to like 5 or something, hehe. So, just thought id tell yall ,

-Gil Galvanti

EDIT: Actually we could still place objects in the world editor too. Also a strange bug ive noted: When a large Cartography Shop 4 map is open, "Pirates of Port Royale" doesnt run properly. It too hard to describe but it whites out all the text, doesnt load the ocean, doesnt load the sky, doesnt load the island, doesnt load random things like grass, and some other things, its just wierd, hehe.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 07:32 Edited at: 28th May 2005 07:33
Here, heres a screenshot of what ive done:

As you can see i added fences. I figured if the towers were going to have a gate, then they wouldnt do any good for protection if other places didnt have fences as well .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 07:57
cool, I'd say scale those textures so they look smaller, but cool, looks good, too bad you're not adding shadows

looking good

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
ya, i agree.

finals next week (3 days of school, 1/1.5 hr's per day)

then i have half a day of school, then graduation, then summer

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 02:57 Edited at: 29th May 2005 02:59
Heres some WIP's of the fort. It wont be textured like this so dont worry . I changed the mode for each of them so you could see it better and the textures dont run together. Again, im not the best modeller, but it works (i think ). Also its a WIP, so its not finished .

Front View

Back View

EDIT: Those random little block things that are textured different than everything else is about the size of a person.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 07:44
that fort is looking sweet

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 09:15
looking sweet, each part is a seperate part? That will have a lot of unecessary polygons, but then it is Cshop and the polys prolly won't be too much of a problem

But yeh looks really good, can't wait for the final texture

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 14:03
Thanks .
Quote: "each part is a seperate part?"

Yeah, i know, but thats really the only way to do it, hehe, u can manipulate vertexes, but you cant have and other regular polygons but squares, so you cant have multiple points to multiply .

STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 16:48
Same as HL2 Hammer editor, just not quite as advanced.

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<->GLADIATOR ARENA<<
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 20:10
well it should be too much of a prob anyways

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 14:02
going to the beach for 5 days . Ill design while there.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 18:04
why? Why design there, you are going to a beach, have some fun, jeez, I wouldn't sit there and design whilst I could go swimming and beating up my sister because she is a lower grade at karate.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2005 07:42
Im back . It was really fun.

Quote: "why? Why design there, you are going to a beach, have some fun, jeez, I wouldn't sit there and design whilst I could go swimming and beating up my sister because she is a lower grade at karate.
"

lol, i didnt mean actually at the beach . I meant on the 8 hour car ride . Turns out i just read and slept hehe. Ohh well . You think im gonna sit inside and design while i could be building sandcastles and buggie boarding! .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2005 09:41
lol, I should clear out the cobwebs in my brain lol,

Anyways, I will be slow on this project at the moment, it will speed up after the 22nd because thats when my last exam finishes,
the Rush project has been pushed up to do more work, which to me is more important than pirates, because its who I joined first, so soz 'bout that guys, will try to do some of the stuff in my 3D modelling learning time

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2005 10:54
Quote: "lol, I should clear out the cobwebs in my brain lol,"

no, lol, i made it sound like i was gonna do it while actually at the beach .

np about the project, thanks for trying to squeeze "Pirates of Port Royale" in .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2005 22:10
thats ok

Quote: "no, lol, i made it sound like i was gonna do it while actually at the beach ."

corr I was only trying to insult myself lol

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2005 04:49
welcome back Gil

to be honest, i have not done anything with this project while you where gone. been too busy with my own game.

i did figure out a way to do day/night cycle, only it is really bad.. but hey, it was my first attempt, and it turned out pretty well i think.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2005 05:42
Quote: "welcome back Gil "

Thanks .

Quote: "to be honest, i have not done anything with this project while you where gone. been too busy with my own game.
"

np, i wasnt really planning for anyone to work, without me here to manage/direct, so everyone kinda got a week off .

Quote: "i did figure out a way to do day/night cycle, only it is really bad.. but hey, it was my first attempt, and it turned out pretty well i think."

cool! its ok if its bad, we can improve .

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2005 20:44
ok

well this is where the day/night thingy is.http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=54873&b=1

i use it in my game, only in that game i have also sky that changes with the time, almost like VanB said, if you read the posts.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2005 00:58
ahh...ok, cool.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2005 10:58
not very active lately, hehe. Id like to make an announcement. Im gonna be cutting down on the time i spend on making "Pirates of Port Royale". NOTE: Im NOT abandoning the project at all, and am not breaking up the team, and it will still be my PRIMARY project. Im just saying it used to be "90% Pirates of Port Royale, 10% other games", but now itll be more like "50% Pirates of Port Royale, 50% other games". Im also taking away the release date for the first demo. I have no idea when itll be released as of right now, hehe, i was just trying to set a goal to work towards, but now i realize thats not the right thing to do. When we get new features added to the game ill update with screenshots . One of the reasons for this is the new releases and my renewed interests in "Harry Potter" and "Bobby Pendragon" book series. I make games for fun, and base them on my favorite thing. "Pirates of Port Royale" is based on "Pirates of the Caribbean" because it was, and still is, my favorite movie, but other favorites are coming back into play (Harry Potter and Bobby Pendragon). So i was just wanting to say that about 50% of the focus on "Pirates of Port Royale" will be shifting to other random, and side projects. So once again, im NOT STOPPING THE PROJECT and, ITS STILL MY PRIMARY PROJECT, just to a lesser degree. Thanks,

-Gil Galvanti

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2005 17:16
sounds ok with me, when im in the mood i can work with POPR at 100% but as it is now, and has been since i finished the talk system, im more like 30-40%, i work on this project + 3 other projects, where 1 of them is for the puzzle compo.

im in for 100% on the puzzle compo until the deadline is present or i finish it, but if something comes up with POPR ill abandon that and work here until we fix it.

so in POPR, we now have 'movement with some basic collision' (if the movement code i wrote is the one we use), 'talk system' (still some things could be added to make it better), 'inventory system' (which i havent had a look at since the last email i sent). and we also have that day/night cycle i mentioned earlier. just tweak it a little and it will be better.

so for my puzzle compo entry i havent done anything except whats on those pictures in my thread. so id better get working some on that, so im not too far behind from the others

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 01:33
k, sounds good .
Quote: "so in POPR, we now have 'movement with some basic collision' (if the movement code i wrote is the one we use), 'talk system' (still some things could be added to make it better), 'inventory system' (which i havent had a look at since the last email i sent). and we also have that day/night cycle i mentioned earlier. just tweak it a little and it will be better."

yup, cool, now we just need to implement it into the game

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 02:44
some updates on the fort, not much different, mostly details, but...

The blocks to the right, if ur facing the fort, by the office against the wall are just placeholders for a jail. Ive added some more stairs that lead up into the front wall thing. Ive also added more walls.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 04:03
sweet, I don't really like image shack that much, some people might want to see it through photobucket.com then they don't have to click on the images to look at them.

Nice images, keep up the good work

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 19:24:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 19:24:55