Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates..well idk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2005 09:41
@ Gil, true the only Natural disaster in Texas I'd say is the birth of Bush lol. Quote George Bush 'I am going to visit Scotland soon, I have Irish ancestors' lol ummm, what nationality are people in scotland, not irish, sure Irish and scotish are Celtic, but come on!

About the authorities and stuff, I warn you I am very political and very controversal, people get easily offended in my points, I think I may have offended Deadly Shadow on MSN on my views on Christianity.
Plus with Americans on my MSN, I think I'd better change my pic (cough a picture of Adolf Bush, a cross between hitler and Bush lol)

well I don't hate authorities/government , they're good for the law and keeping the country in shape, my problem is OUR government lol, they suck at their job and pick fights, people get fired if they did that at their normal job, but for our leaders their mistake and fight picking attitudes have a wider effect and people vote for them to keep their job (well they do because of propaganda)
What I find stupid is in America you get a choice of two parties, well what happends when they are as bad as each other, to me that not real democracy, england anyone can form a party (well age dependant) and its up to its followers to get them into the big lot, so the winning parties win all completely on the public, and well Labour had to win the election again, why could Lib Dem win, if they did, I can get free university when I go!

Oops I better not go any further into my beliefs, I mean I could offend (if already not done so) and I am deteriating from the subject, just so this is not like spam.

PIRATES!!! arrghh me harties, find de buried treasure, arrgh me got a pirate on me shoulder arrrggh.
Oh and soz been very busy lately, haven't even touched the ship re do, I should make myself a schedule really.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 05:15
sorry i havent been posting, im on vacation .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 07:20
no worries

Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
Seppuku been having a wonderful time talking to himself about his beleifs.

Thanks to Animeblood for the Logo!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 02:36
lol, although i disagree with some of them, im not going to argue, i dont want to cause problems .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 07:54
wise decision, but I would only refuse to argue anyway , I learnt my lesson, leave religion to religious forums (and so the next day I just did that ) Anyway, soz for no update on the ship, can't help getting caught up in non computer stuff and trying to get my FF scene before I go on holiday for the Creative Challenge on another forum.

Not to drift off topic, in that short time, I change my anti christ/atheist views to a more buddhist type, I mean buddhism is great! So far I've studied Metta. But this is not the place

Any updates now you're back?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 09:21
Quote: "wise decision, but I would only refuse to argue anyway , I learnt my lesson, leave religion to religious forums (and so the next day I just did that ) Anyway, soz for no update on the ship, can't help getting caught up in non computer stuff and trying to get my FF scene before I go on holiday for the Creative Challenge on another forum.

Not to drift off topic, in that short time, I change my anti christ/atheist views to a more buddhist type, I mean buddhism is great! So far I've studied Metta. But this is not the place

Any updates now you're back?"

What made you change from atheist to buddhist in such a short amount of time? What religion did you start out as? Is there anything in particular that made you become atheist? Sorry for the questions but im just curious about why people believe what they believe .

Sorry, im not back, im at my cousins, so im just using the internet here, but i dont have any game creating stuff . I was planning on watching Pirates of the Caribbean special features on the way there or back, but i forgot the remote to the DVD, so all i can do is play the movie, lol . I got a new game, its called "Port Royale 2", ever played it?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 03:19
I just heard about the terror attacks in London. Thats not good. I hope you and your family werent some of the victims, Seppuku, seeing as you live in England.

Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, Yeah, you know, England is a bit big... But its scary anyhow. One of my friends is there. Hopefully he is alright. And all others of you in London.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 05:37 Edited at: 8th Jul 2005 05:38
@ gil, I was christian, then saw how evil christian could be which led me to anti christ ever since I was 10, then I started to understand in lessons of RE and became interested in buddhism, then I thought I'd start a religious debate on these forums to see what I could learn from it, and came with the analysis, its not the fault of christianity, the teachings are all good, its the ignorance of the evil people, and well now that my exams are over, I've been able to look into buddhism and loved it more an more and so far I follow the rules of Metta in buddhism, hope that answers your question.

@Gil, from what I know alll family members are fine, my aunt was in london at work, my uncle told me on msn she's fine and will have to wait ages before she can get home, prolly til tommorow afternoon or something, it's pretty bad, i've said my view on this a lot all over the place, I'm not going to repeat myself, but I posted something on that 'london' thread in general talk that is now locked.

Oh and Port Royale 2, I saw that on my ads at the bottom of the page when opening the thread lol

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 08:50
Quote: "@ gil, I was christian, then saw how evil christian could be which led me to anti christ ever since I was 10, then I started to understand in lessons of RE and became interested in buddhism, then I thought I'd start a religious debate on these forums to see what I could learn from it, and came with the analysis, its not the fault of christianity, the teachings are all good, its the ignorance of the evil people, and well now that my exams are over, I've been able to look into buddhism and loved it more an more and so far I follow the rules of Metta in buddhism, hope that answers your question."

What did you mean when you said its the ignorance of evil people? I'm really not trying to start a religious debate, im just a very curious person, and i always want to know about why people think things they do .

Quote: "@Gil, from what I know alll family members are fine, my aunt was in london at work, my uncle told me on msn she's fine and will have to wait ages before she can get home, prolly til tommorow afternoon or something, it's pretty bad, i've said my view on this a lot all over the place, I'm not going to repeat myself, but I posted something on that 'london' thread in general talk that is now locked."

Ok, thats good .

Quote: "Oh and Port Royale 2, I saw that on my ads at the bottom of the page when opening the thread lol"

lol

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 21:34
Evil ignorant people being those christians who don't follow their religion properly and twist the teachings to work for them to do evil things like murder etc. The people that made me anti christ in the first place, which I thought was because of ambiguoty making people mistaken when in fact it was them twisting teachings. There is still a few things I disagree in Christianity, like the humans are above the animals and just war theory.....as you said no religous debates, which I agree, so I won't explain, if you want me to, I'll send you an email, just tell us if you want me to.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 02:57
Well actually if you wouldn't mind explaining then that would be great if you would send me an email! Thanks for answering all my questions. Sorry i have so many!

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 08:34
sure thing

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 10:11 Edited at: 9th Jul 2005 10:14
cool, thanks , i got it, ill reply ASAP .

EDIT: Just got home about 15 minutes ago, so im gonna start working on part of the game i just dont know where to start yet, lol .

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 16:43
I live.... seriously, been real busy with life but in my few fleeting moments I have had the chance to work on some clothing for my pirate...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 19:20 Edited at: 9th Jul 2005 19:22
hey cool just land him a few chains and a belt with s sword and gun holster as well as some sort of pirate hat and he will be sweet.

edit- If that is your pirates head way back yonder in this thread then you can put the hat on it lmao

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<->GLADIATOR ARENA<<
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 22:02
arrrghhh tis a sweet model

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2005 00:49
awesome !

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2005 10:04
just to inform you Gil, I've devised a time table for me, yey me!
My project time has been sorted on a weekly basis, I tried this not so long ago but exams/coursework ruined it.

Week A (Sunday - saturday starting tomorrow) - My Ronin project
Week B Strawberry Crush Team's Rush
Week C Your Pirates of Port Royale

and for now thats how it'll rotate, if I decide to start on my Downward Spiral project any time soon that'll be Week D

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2005 13:31 Edited at: 10th Jul 2005 14:27
Gil, hey you said something about a belt, chains, hat and stuff like that...

Will hair do for now? If so take a peek....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2005 21:03
cool....aggghhhh he's blind!!!! argggh me blind beard de pirate arrgghhhh, for extra awesomeness, just as a suggestion, give him some detialed texture for the skin not too high detail, but just to add more realism

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 01:27
@seppuku: ok, sounds good
@Heckno: I didnt say that, STALKER did , but it looks great!

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2005 13:43
@gil: my bad....
@seppuku: one of these days...

whats the status of this project?
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2005 13:04
@Heckno: Well, as of now, besides a bit of modelling from you, Seppuku, and a small bit from me, none. I'm on vacation, and ive been on vacation too much to work on it, lol, then the few days in between i want to play computer games, not make them, hehe, and Lukas is gone, and he's 10x better than me at programming, not to mention Nitrixik Studios has mysteriously disappeared so...

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 15:32
@gil: sorry to hear that, thought things were coming along from the posts..

well if it picks up again let me know, i'll check back from time to time...
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 01:12
Quote: "@gil: sorry to hear that, thought things were coming along from the posts..

well if it picks up again let me know, i'll check back from time to time... "

ok, sorry, its just hard with vacations, Lukas gone, and Nitrixik Studios gone, sorry to mislead you . I'll email you when it picks back up .

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait Lukas left your team?

My Blog Is Seriously Disturbing. Come and Be Disturbed!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 01:45
Lukas left?! Man I should pay attention to this thread more, Hey next week is your turn to have my modelling services, it will be a little slow cos I have not been able to work on my rush stuff all week, and would be unfair on SCT, and most importantly not so fair on Dark Serpant and possibly Gokuz, so its gonna be a mix of Rush and Pirates, soz for any inconvenience

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 06:21
@Seppuku; Relax Lukas said he was on vacation, until August 3rd.....

Unless I missed something

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 08:42
oh right fair enough

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 09:23
Right, I'm very sorry to say this.

I am going to do the ship model as I promised.....but I quit.....until I get enough work done on my no.1 priority, Rush, I apologise to everyone on this project, but if I work on this and Rush, with my non PC busy-ness, and well will have to discontinue second priorities, until I've got enough for Rush done, I can't leave everything to Dark Serpant. Again sorry for letting you down

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 13:58 Edited at: 24th Jul 2005 14:11
Lukas is just on vacation .
@Seppuku: It's ok, i understand, i just hope you'll come back when you finish on that project, your a great modeller .
To be honest, im not putting near enough work into this project as i should or could, but honestly, im losing interest. Dont take me the wrong way, im still obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean, but theres not enough to keep me going for a while. I'll have my moments of...i dont know what the word is...sudden interest, i guess you could call it, but im not near as...driven as before. The reasons being, losing team members with such greater talent than I have made it very difficult to continue the project, although i dont blame them at all...for right now, essentially there is noone really working much on here (no offense intended to anyone , because im included and am the most of that ), Lukas is on vacation, Nitrixik is missing, Seppuku is quitting, and Heckno is busy (i dont blame any of you ). My obsession in Harry Potter has renewed recently due to the next book coming out, and now im finding that id rather work on an HP project (and i am helping with a MUD, which most of my computer time is devoted to ), because they keep me going longer, ive been interested in Pirates of the Caribbean since...around Christmas 2004, I've had my up's and down's interests in HP since...i think Fall 2000. Anyways, im not cancelling the project, just saying that i guess its kinda on hold right now...i dont know for how long...maybe ill get a sudden urge to work on it again. Also, graphical problems, slow FPS in the game have annoyed me to the point of wanting to quit, lol. So anyways, i dont even know if there was a point to all that, lol .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 20:27
well this project will likely be finish first, so I will come back to Pirates once we have released a demo, hopefully it won't be to long, I like the looks of this project.

Maybe a sequel to Pirates of the Carribean might get you excited? Well I've never heard of one.

Oh I'm not quitting, just I don't think I'll have the time to work on, although you can quote me saying that I quit, but its temporary, hopefully I can bits done in free time, oh and this week will be my last week, considering I did promise to do a ship model for you.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
does some1 know where is Lukas W?

Morning Online making in my scripting system
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 22:48
Quote: "@Seppuku; Relax Lukas said he was on vacation, until August 3rd....."

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Theres going to be a pirates of the carribean sequel next year.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 04:29
too long to wait for

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 05:35
Quote: "Theres going to be a pirates of the carribean sequel next year. "

yay! A new era in the game is approaching!

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Its Called Pirates of The Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. There will be another sequel after that the following year which might have Keith Richards as Jack Sparrows father, don't know the full name of it though.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 08:04
cool! , hope its as good as the first one

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 08:35
with Orlando bloom and the other dude.....god it slipped my mind, how can it.....it'll be good

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Johhny Depp! DUR

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 11:06
haha, Johhny Depp is awesome! except he's playing in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake, which looks incredibly dumb, lol, but maybe not...

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 22:37
oh yeah, hey no dur, its was late night night man, I wanna see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, its a Tim Burton film, and he's great. (Nightmare before christmas, Big Fish)

Oh and who was gonna play as Willie Wonkey imstead of Depp?
Marilyn Manson, I'm not lying either, you can imagine why they changed their mind.....he'd play the part, but scare the kids who watch it.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 23:51 Edited at: 26th Jul 2005 00:51
Oh and to emphasise that I've started the ship, I'm giving you an early screenshot

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/seppuku05/shipwip.jpg

[edit] I've done more and no reply, my as well show the next update, as thats all I can do today, its not much but this morning was a lil busy.
As you can see i've begun the front end of the ship, and some very low poly barrels, I will knife them and expand so they look more barrel like, I'm also doing the inside as well considering the method I'm using I will have to flip a lot of the normals because of DBP's culling

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 02:26
cool!!!! thats what i was hoping for . When you make the main deck, could you add some cannon wholes on the side?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 02:43
yeah sure, was planning to wouldn't be a pirate ship without them

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 07:00
hey guys im back!

i over heard the conversation about me leaving the team, hehe that is something i would never do. i love pirates of the caribbean and i love pirates! so this game has one of my favourite theme!

we didnt go to england afterall not because of the bombs just because we thought it would be better going next year when we have more money

that ship looks awesome Suppuku. and how much is it for Cinema 4d??

i was participating in the GameDev competition, instead of the Puzzle compo.. a FPS shooter, got 6th place and i won FPS creator EA or v1, i dont know yet thats wicked.

my 'game developement computer' is broken. but i know whats wrong so when i get the money ill repair it. (sometime in august hopefully).
so im not able to do anything or play any games at all.. except elasto mania and GBA emulator. pokemon is teh Bezt!

hmm, well i cant wait to get my hands to db again, can you believe it 1 month of sitting in front of the tv, watching pokemon eating candy living the life i never had.. ooo, guess if i was bored. well pokemon is the best anime ever!

anyway i will now take the time to download and play the puzzle competition games. wonder if Nitrixiks game is there..

webpage is finally working.. sort of
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 07:49 Edited at: 26th Jul 2005 08:24
well I can contradict your pokemon comment, but I won't Cinema 4D ranges in price
Mine is version 6, I got for £10 off of Amazon, man that was very lucky of me, R9 costs £500, XL9 £1350 Studio 9 £2300

I'm getting R9 then upgrading to studio.....but if the prices there are a little high, soooooo.......I can give you a link to get XL6/CE+, both are exactly the same thing, mail me at seppuku05@gmail.com and I'll link you to one of the hidden areas on the Maxon cinema 4D website where you can get CE+ for about £89, I'll try to get the link for norway. The reason the link is hidden is because the idea was as an offer to anyone who got CE6 to upgrade to CE+, and well wasn't supposed to be overspread, Maxon customer services says its okay, the offer was 2/3 years a go.

to everyone else
This week has its own timetable, I put this on the rush forums a couple of days a go, I have to make up for the work I was unable to do last week, So here it is
Sunday - As always, have a life, no work
Monday - Pirate/Karate (hence call it a day about 4 o clock)
Tuesday - Rush
Wednesday - CC/Karate (CC is a cometition for 3D modellers, no point asking about it the deadline is not to far away)
Thurday - Pirates
Friday - Rush/Karate
Saturday - CC/work
Sunday - Bye bye peeps! Spending my pay

After the CC, you know what, all hope is not lost! I will be helping you guys, meaning it will be sooner than planned
so that timetable will be
Sun - life
Mon- Rush/Karate
Tue- Ronin
wed - pirates/karate
thu - rush
fri - ronin/karate
sat - pirates/work

I hope you'll be satisfied I've thought of a way to fit you in

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 06:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 06:39:11